Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
olddesperado
02 Jan 17 21:22
| Topic/replies: 7,366 | Blogger: olddesperado's blog
mensur and benito unlucky there, 

Thought at least one would have made it.
Pause Switch to Standard View premier league
Show More
Report DartsnBooze January 2, 2017 10:26 PM GMT
As posted on the finals thread...Mensur was offered a spot but turned it down.
He sited family and costs involved, plus didn't feel ready for that step up in his career?
Report GRANTCKING January 2, 2017 10:27 PM GMT
costs involved? dont the pdc and sky pay for travel and accomodation? im sure I read they do, impossible to lose month
Report GRANTCKING January 2, 2017 10:27 PM GMT
money
Report olddesperado January 2, 2017 10:33 PM GMT
He might regret that decision,

A certain 50 K i believe plus extra sponsers and at his age what has he to lose.

Also a much higher profile for exhibitions etc.

I cant see him making the automatic spots and doubt he will be offered a wild card again,

I could understand a decision like that if he was young and had a long career ahead.
Report DartsnBooze January 2, 2017 10:33 PM GMT
As posted by Treble...A most fascinating read too...

Mensur Suljovic: https://joshsdartistry.wordpress.com/2016/11/23/exclusive-suljovic-to-reject-premier-league-invitation/

“I have talked about this issue with my family, friends and even with my management. After all, I decided that I’m not ready for the Premier League at the moment. I’ve already sent a letter to the PDC declining the nomination.

“You have to show constant performances at a level that I do not have at the moment. I’m sure I could win some matches, but after all I’d be just a punch-ball and I’m quite sure that wouldn’t help anybody.

“Furthermore, this would mean that I have to travel to the UK for 6 days a week for several weeks and months. I couldn’t spend enough time with my family and it also means a bunch of costs for accommodation in the UK."
Report rob999 January 2, 2017 10:34 PM GMT
Nothing I have read or heard confirms that he was offered a spot and even if he was I'd imagine the powers that be would do anything they could to cover that up.

All I have seen as confirmed is that he asked not to be considered. I could have asked not to be considered too...
Report DartsnBooze January 2, 2017 10:42 PM GMT
Who's in? What's the line up for this year? Where's Naval? He liked to draw up a short list and berate a bunch of players. Another good 'un gone awol from the forum, though he had quite a few monikers Laugh
Report rob999 January 2, 2017 10:44 PM GMT
The definite eight in Taylor, Anderson, Wright, RVB, Lewis, Wade, Chizzy, MVG
The almost definite in Huybrechts
And the stick a pin in five or six and they came up with Klaasen
Report blank January 2, 2017 10:49 PM GMT
Premier league prize money(2015) 10th £25k, 9th £30k, 8th £40k, 7th £45k, 6th £50k. He has £300k of prize money on the order of merit(2years) and another £100k from the european tour (1 year). So 10 weeks of travel and disruption for an extra 10-25% and that's if it doesn't cost him in other tournaments.
Report theres only one best tonic January 3, 2017 11:34 AM GMT
Can't believe Wes Newton has missed out this year Laugh
Report hfink January 3, 2017 12:41 PM GMT
Yeh, and why not a wild card for Richie Grin
Report n88uk January 3, 2017 3:17 PM GMT
It wouldn't surprise me if they wouldn't want Mensur anyway. He doesn't really fit Premier League darts. Slow, low profile, and I'm not even sure he speaks English for interviews?

I find his reasons for not wanting in a bit weird though tbh. Maybe he thinks getting a hiding each week could hurt his overall form like it has to others in the past, but it seems a lot of money to turn down on the face of it.

Not the biggest fan of PL format anyway. Just feels like too many waste of time matches before you get to the business end. I always start watching it then can't be bothered after a few weeks when it normally starts clashing with football.
Report wisewords January 3, 2017 5:32 PM GMT
Maybe he thinks getting a hiding each week could hurt his overall form like it has to others in the past yup.
Report alun2005 January 3, 2017 5:47 PM GMT
I'm assuming this Premier League format is just the mechanism to find a title challenger to take on Lionel Sams in the Grand Final, right?
Report wisewords January 3, 2017 6:30 PM GMT
right.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com