Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Angoose
30 Dec 16 15:22
| Topic/replies: 24,312 | Blogger: Angoose's blog
Do some handle the interruptions better than others ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Do The Sky Ad Breaks Help Or Hinder...
Show More
Report wisewords December 30, 2016 5:09 PM GMT
No doubt. Probably hinders the young players/newcomers who struggle to settle and find their rhythm on the big stage. An advantage to the old 45 years and above players who fatigue easier. The rest between sets gives them time to regroup and their heart rate to decrease.
Report Angoose December 30, 2016 5:13 PM GMT
That would be an interesting innovation, get the players to wear heart rate monitors, I'm sure Barry Hearn would be up for that.
Report DartsnBooze December 31, 2016 3:56 PM GMT
Heart monitors has been done. It's the body releasing drug ~ adrenaline that needs controlling.

Having played our great game to a high standard i'd say the breaks are geared up for the big drinkers to get more beer thrown down their necks if and when required. Most would turn to jelly without it. The new generation of upstarts still follow a similar path as most of the old guard and come through the bdo system. Be it youth, and/or the senior county squad with matches played best of 5 legs.

Psychologists tell you it's all about momentum. Anyone involved in one v one sport will already know this.

Back to the good old days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnBppccI0o
Report Angoose December 31, 2016 4:00 PM GMT
So there are still pros who are drinking before and during matches in the biggest events Surprised
Report DartsnBooze December 31, 2016 10:35 PM GMT
Absolutely! Not only pints, but bottles of wine, and the top shelf. Crazy

Many have serious drink issues, though keeping up with the likes of Big Cliff in their heyday is another level altogether.
Report Angoose January 1, 2017 5:58 AM GMT
Interesting, some things never change I guess Happy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com