Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sofiakenny
30 Dec 15 23:21
| Topic/replies: 25,106 | Blogger: sofiakenny's blog
without doubt the greatest of all time by a merry mile..respect
..but what a horrible obnoxious tw*t
Show More
Report cooperman12 December 31, 2015 1:20 AM GMT
100% correct, i lost all respect for him over the phantom double 12 v Winstanley, both commentators queried it, Winstanley standing 6ft behind Taylor queried it, but dear old Phil didn't notice it. Then afterwards he tells us that when the mc calls game shot that's it, yes that's quite right Phil, but unfortunately that doesn't answer the question, nor does offering to replay the match or donate his prize money, you'd be a far bigger man to admit it was a spur of the moment decision to pull a dart you knew wasn't in.
Report Choniac December 31, 2015 2:24 AM GMT
Could be the beginning of the end for oul Phil. Looks like he going for a big slide down them rankings.
Report Navel-Gazer December 31, 2015 3:31 AM GMT
I don't think there's gonna a quick drop in the rankings for Taylor as he's still regularly hitting 100+ averages which is always gonna make him difficult to beat.
In 95% of his defeats within the last year, the bloke that's beaten him has had top earn it...it's not been a gimme.

Those days like Aden Kirk in the UK Open nearly two years ago are still very much a rarity.

As everyone can see, he's losing his perceived air of invincibility on crucial doubles which heartbreakingly for his opponents, he used to nail on a regular business.
And of course his confidence is getting zapped exposing mental frailties...a bit like mine many moons ago, chatting up the ****, whilst enduring a tragic recession in the cranial pubes department Crazy

Nearly all the players now seem to be circling like hyenas stalking a wounded lion...you can SMELL IT in the pre-match interviews like with Klaasen.

It's very significant that Taylor was prepared to be interviewed after his defeat earlier...that's extraordinary and so out of character!
My take on it is that he's getting accustomed to defeats nowadays and hence they're far easier to abide than the odds ones he used to get, when pre-match he's been brimming with confidence and fully expecting to win.

Most will disagree with me but I think he'll still be in the top 10 & Premier League in five years' time!
Look at Martin Adams - he's got a few years on Taylor and he's still going strong...the guy's not in Taylor's class for attitude, ability, focus & professionalism and we've all seen just how stubborn & determined Pelican Phil can be over the decades - besides, he's a greedy bastard.

Within the next six months I can almost imagine Taylor doing some sort of Sky PR montage and lifting Arnie's line "I'll be back" Crazy
Report cooperman12 December 31, 2015 3:39 AM GMT
Yes i agree with the above, Taylor will play on until he becomes the Steve Davis of darts because he can't bear to see the cash slip through his fingers.
Report Navel-Gazer December 31, 2015 3:42 AM GMT
**** - should've said pu$$y Blush

Nowadays I can barely remember what it smells like Sad
Report s.kenbo December 31, 2015 8:11 AM GMT
I think he handled the post match interview with a bit of dignity.
Report asparagus December 31, 2015 8:29 AM GMT
I thought he handled it well too. Many other players wouldn't have come out.
Report Latalomne December 31, 2015 8:50 AM GMT
Didn't realise he was getting divorced....
Report Zazu December 31, 2015 9:30 AM GMT
What price was klassen?
Report Latalomne December 31, 2015 9:32 AM GMT
About 4.3ish
Report wisewords December 31, 2015 10:05 AM GMT

Dec 31, 2015 -- 3:30AM, Zazu wrote:

What price was klassen?

Taylor 1.29 to lay prematch. Taylor traded 1.02 to back 1.03 to lay inplay.

Report Money-Hungry December 31, 2015 10:34 AM GMT
I backed Klaasen at 3/1, first ever bet on the darts , watched Klaasen win the world championship at 21yo , quick bit of research to find he's back in form after a long time out , and then BOOM!
Report DartsnBooze December 31, 2015 10:40 AM GMT
Klaasen 7/2 yesterday morning.

Two threads on Taylor? Others darts forums would pull one thread and merge the two. Not a chance on here of the bf button monkeys doing that. Likely be a 3rd Taylor thread up before long.
Report DartsnBooze December 31, 2015 10:43 AM GMT
WD MH.

The forum was buzzing with Jelle fever pre match as everyone fell over each other to get on.
The Outright price is much better looking though any returns still stand at £zero atm.
Report DartsnBooze December 31, 2015 10:46 AM GMT
One Taylor thread fits all... Devil

http://community.betfair.com/darts/go/thread/view/94054/30630215/phil-taylor...
Report speakup December 31, 2015 12:07 PM GMT
I agree with most of the above and I am habitually not a Taylor fan.However, I cannot help feeling a bit sorry for the a great on the slide but he's made a rod for his own back with his cockiness in the past like how he practices more than others and thats why hes the best etc.......he still cant help mentioning how he's a multi millionaire etc and his interviews are largely full of bulls**t largesse. However, he is a classic example of money and fame cant buy you happiness......he is going through a painful divorce (not surprising possibly with the allegations of a few years back and the fact like most players hes never at home) and he is estranged from 2 of his 4 kids...one lives in a council house and one is expecting her 4th child and is only 23 or something. Each to their own and live and let live but you can tell this is all absolutely killing him inside....allegedly they got involved with the wrong sorts when they were younger and hey presto. Anyway, you can tell a mile off this is all absolutely eating him away and thats why he's all over the shop (comparatively) on and off the oche. You reap what you sow but its becoming a sorry state of affairs and , as I say,slightly sad in reality. Doubtless many/most will disagree but there you go.....
Report theres only one best tonic December 31, 2015 1:25 PM GMT
He may not be such a multi millionaire by the end of February apparently.............
Report GRANTCKING December 31, 2015 2:02 PM GMT
I agree with you speakup, as much as other people like to see him lose I really dont
Report olddesperado December 31, 2015 2:08 PM GMT
bristow was right about him the other night ,
Report olddesperado December 31, 2015 2:13 PM GMT
At least he will have more time for his imaginary horse now,
Report wondersobright December 31, 2015 2:48 PM GMT

Dec 31, 2015 -- 8:08AM, olddesperado wrote:

bristow was right about him the other night ,

I find that brissy is spot on about most stuff tbh

Report Navel-Gazer December 31, 2015 2:48 PM GMT
Speak Up - good post squire and as you said, most will be in agreement with you as he really has made a Dr.Rod for his own back.
I have disliked so much about him for years but I still want to see him at the top for many years to come.
I don't think I'd even begrudge him winning another major or two in a couple of years...just for what he's done for the game of darts.

There's nothing better in sport than seeing the greats return years later after problems...typified best when seeing old warrior chasers/hurdles get up from the canvas.

You should take your own 'advice' and "Speak Up" more often...a limp 9 posts in nearly 13 years Crazy
Report Navel-Gazer December 31, 2015 2:50 PM GMT
WSB - Bristow is such a refreshing change from all the other rimming fcuks out there too terrified to rattle a cage or two...he says what we all think.
Report Hamsterdam December 31, 2015 4:49 PM GMT
He came across ok in the interview last night I agree. He basically said he knew his game weren't there all along and that everything said before had been bravado. He hoped his game would click but alas it didn't.

It can still complete he sweeped up in the Masters Series in Australia....but time is against him and the other players are so much better than in his heyday when he was playing mugs like Jenkins and Painter.

The continuous decline and a drop down the rankings is inevitable.
Report Navel-Gazer December 31, 2015 4:53 PM GMT
I don't think that slide is inevitable...not just yet.
Even if he can't be arsed with the floor comp's he'll be fresher for the big TV ones and earn his ranking points/money in them, as he's sure to be involved in the latter stages for years to come.
Report nobbybarnesranoverthewrongtrip December 31, 2015 5:17 PM GMT
More conceited than Muhammad Ali.
Report olddesperado December 31, 2015 6:06 PM GMT
Doesn't seem to handle pressure like he used to and he will be under massive pressure this year.

He got away with a poorish year this year but next year he is defending money in all the tournaments which will hasten his slip down the rankings if he continues to struggle.

There's also a big increase in prize money so it will be quicker for the form players to catch him.

Probably the biggest year in his career but amazing longevity in fairness.

By his interviews and antics on stage I'd say he is not 100% mentally and a slip further down the rankings added to his personal life falling apart could push him over the edge.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him give the premier league a miss this year either.

Would be better going into ranking events with the opposition unsure of his form than getting beat most weeks by the elite in premier league again.
Report DartsnBooze January 1, 2016 1:51 AM GMT
The European Championship Major is no longer the top 16 plus others. The qualifying criteria is similar to previous Players championships so Taylor will have to compete in these long winded best of 11 legs weekends in Europe he clearly dislikes.

Prize money in the Unibet European Championship will rise by £100,000 to a total of £400,000, with qualification for the 2016 tournament to be based solely on prize money won in the ten European Tour events during the year.

Players Championship Finals extends to 64 players qualifying with the use of 2 stages at Butlins.
Report cooperman12 January 1, 2016 3:05 AM GMT
Olddesperado Your post is a load of gibberish buddy, what do you mean he got away with a poorish year this year? Got away in what sense? How will defending money as opposed to ranking points hasten his slip down the rankings? There's also a big increase in prize money so it will be quicker for the form players to catch him????????? Firstly you're assuming there will be "form players" and as Taylor is playing for the same amounts of money surely he can pull away as easily as be caught. As regards Taylor giving the premier league a miss, catch a grip of yourself, there's too much money at stake to do that, and we know Taylors love of that. Happy new year!
Report olddesperado January 1, 2016 10:06 AM GMT
Cooperman,
He got away with a poorish year in the sense that the two year rolling ranking system protects players for the first year.
It is the reason its there tbf otherwise there would be rapid swings in the rankings.
His current money is without checking around 450k of which I would guess about 350k was from the previous year.

So assuming  the coming year he performed similarly to this and earned roughly 100k from ranking events then that would sit him about 10th again without checking.
Money = ranking points so defending money is the same as defending points.

Your 100% right the increase in money he would benefit if playing well but my post was describing the senario if he continued to struggle.

Your probably right about Premier league , I doubt sky or sponsers would entertain his withdrawing but it does come in the middle of his divorce and he wont fancy being beaten by all and sundry again.
Another year of not making the finals would finally finish his aura of invincibility.

Happy new year to yourself.
Report olddesperado January 1, 2016 10:17 AM GMT
Just had a quick check.

He currently has 466k.

The rankings as of now.

10th 228k
17th 205k

So a similar year to 2015 would probably drop him into that bracket.
Report olddesperado January 1, 2016 10:29 AM GMT
But then again Phil always said he knew what everyone else was doing wrong so correcting his own game should be a breeze to him.
Report cooperman12 January 1, 2016 11:23 AM GMT
Olddesperado That's me shut up, Lol!
Report olddesperado January 1, 2016 1:21 PM GMT
Not at all bud,   all about opinions.

Taylor won the 2014 world  matchplay  about 150 K
R/U 2015 worlds   100K

So thats 250K he is defending from those alone.

He also won at least one other in 2014, might have been the grand slam which is 100k .

So a fair bit of pressure on him.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com