Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
chavman
19 Dec 15 21:55
| Topic/replies: 32,550 | Blogger: chavman's blog
nob
Pause Switch to Standard View phil taylor in meltdown
Show More
Report chavman December 19, 2015 10:56 PM GMT
incoherent rambling fool
Report Gibberish December 19, 2015 11:06 PM GMT
I thought he sounded bladdered after about 10 seconds when he joined Dave & Wayne...after seeing that interview I'm now convinced he'd downed a few before that match and for all the bravado he displays, he's absolutely flapping (hence the booze) that he's turning into one of the numerous losers he's had in his pocket for years.
Changing his darts looks like a desperate ploy in my opinion... despite being on a losing run, he's played some superb games over the last 12 months with that trusty set he's been using.
Report chavman December 19, 2015 11:07 PM GMT
defo bladdered
Report Gibberish December 19, 2015 11:10 PM GMT
Chav - not as bladdered as Barney when he 'serenaded' Bunty last year...that's in my all-time top 10 darts moments Laugh
Report chavman December 19, 2015 11:10 PM GMT
scared witless of becoming an also ran .massive egotist
Report chavman December 19, 2015 11:11 PM GMT
didnt see it gibbo post a link
Report ccmac1975 December 19, 2015 11:16 PM GMT
Never seen the interview. Defo getting rattled easy these days doesn't take much to get to him when back in the day he had balls of steel .reminded me of last TV tourney he had the ear plugs then when getting beat he mouthed it's not right going if stage at the fans .change if darts adding worrying times for his backers .although his quarter is so easy he should at least reach the quarters and semi
Report alun2005 December 19, 2015 11:17 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK_zYWSVEHU
Report Gibberish December 19, 2015 11:17 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK_zYWSVEHU

You're amazing Laugh

Chav - I'll try to find the full English version...it's truly pathetic when he gazes into Bunty's minces like a starstruck lover and confesses his undying admiration for him.

I'm sure you'll be able to gauge that the sweaty postman was so magnanimous because he won that match...that fat faced fcuk Bunty's blubbering tears are also a bit of a clue.
Report alun2005 December 19, 2015 11:21 PM GMT
That little encounter was, for me, the apex moment of PDC madness. 

It came out of absolutely nowhere, after a particularly dull game.

A true Black Swan Event.
Report Gibberish December 19, 2015 11:23 PM GMT
Hello Mr Al...hope all's well Wink

Chav - do you mean ME? Shocked
Report alun2005 December 19, 2015 11:24 PM GMT
Gibb - I will try to get in touch soon…..before Xmas.  Regards etc
Report chavman December 19, 2015 11:24 PM GMT
no..bunty
Report Gibberish December 19, 2015 11:25 PM GMT
Don't worry squire...I don't require any of that festive nonsense Grin
Report Gibberish December 19, 2015 11:27 PM GMT
That's given me an idea for a nice thread...everyone's favourite darts moments over the years - I'll rustle something up soon whilst I'm in the mood and downing nearly as many as Phil did earlier.
Report chavman December 19, 2015 11:28 PM GMT
pip pip gibbo!
Report ccmac1975 December 19, 2015 11:29 PM GMT
That was truly the funniest part last year alum.barney on eccie and Valium alcohol cocktail groping bunting while he crus and saying he deserves to be with the best.best of the best .even wearing specs then not he was that much out of his but )
Report ccmac1975 December 19, 2015 11:29 PM GMT
Imaginary dart throw against ando to the yank Incredible Hulk guy
Report chavman December 19, 2015 11:31 PM GMT
fcuking right ccmac.have you taken the same cocktail
Report ccmac1975 December 19, 2015 11:33 PM GMT
Lol just Budweiser chav can't get used to this predective texting soz .using mobile to post
Report chavman December 19, 2015 11:35 PM GMT
Grin i always say that
Report cooperman12 December 20, 2015 8:26 AM GMT
Who talks the biggest load of nonsense when interviewed, Taylor or O'Sullivan? 5/6 your pick.
Report Roger Rover December 20, 2015 2:19 PM GMT
Taylor everytime . He is a ****g spas
Report STEPTOES YARD December 20, 2015 2:38 PM GMT
Think Phil really struggling to come to terms with not being the main man any longer. Can kind of understand it as hes been man sky/media built this whole tournie around.

Think hes desperate to prove he can win worlds with proper competition around him in the best era of sport.

No offence but he won several of those worlds in pretty weak fields.
Report Roger Rover December 20, 2015 3:39 PM GMT
He hardly ever lost in the Prem winning 8-0 8-1. Now he fails to make finals night.
Report unluckyStu December 24, 2015 6:18 AM GMT
He's got to face up to it, darts is a younger mans game these days, no matter how many times you change your darts it will not bring the good times back, he just as well retire at the top and not go down the route of "if only" Not like he needs the money. Adrian Lewis is the same needs to go back to his old darts, he could hit the 60 blind folded with them, goes through a bad patch changes his darts and it's a cure all, but iut's not really working. IMO.
Report Swardean December 24, 2015 1:59 PM GMT
Is it a younger mans game?  Only MVG under 30 of the top 7 in the world (current rankings) and 4 of those 45 or older.
Report unluckyStu December 24, 2015 2:11 PM GMT
How old is Taylor now ?
Report unluckyStu December 24, 2015 2:22 PM GMT
He's 55, all the top players games decline, once they hit their mid fifties, Lowe, Priestley, Bristowe didn't bother he slipped away gracefully, although he wasn't at the top when he did, Taylor won't like being an also ran, but no wins this year should be enough to tell him, hope he doesn't carry on and slip out of the top 32, because he has been the best ever.
Report DartsnBooze December 24, 2015 4:11 PM GMT
Good post uStu, though
Bristowe didn't bother he slipped away gracefully, although he wasn't at the top when he did,

Brissy didn't slip away in his 50's. He was ruined by the dreaded Dartitis in his early 30's.
Though he still achieved some remarkable results with it he was never the same again.

You forgot one of the bdo greats still going strong...England's Greatest Captain - Wolfie.
Still ruining players at the ripe age of 59 and a half years and been retiring many to the pdc. Cool

Report DartsnBooze December 24, 2015 4:20 PM GMT
Great little clip with Brissy saying it as it is.

He had the lot. Ruled darts for years, put it on the map and took the game to a global audience.
Stage presence, charm, charisma, arrogance, cheeky, nasty,
king of mind games, bottle. Not forgetting a great darting ability.
Eric will always my number one player of all time.

Eric Bristow - Before and After Dartitis (1985 | 1987)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Ngsq2D6OM
Report unluckyStu December 24, 2015 4:43 PM GMT
Would Martin Adams have been at the top in the PDC, I don't think so, nor would he have been the England captain if the top players didn't defect imo.He didn't turn professional did he? We all know the BDO World champ's isn't in the same class as the PDC, agree that wolfie has probably been the best in that world champ's  since Barnie left. Don't know if he could stand the PDC tour though at his age now could he?

Bristowe's daritits wasn't the reason he stopped playing as you say he still won tournaments with it, but he still had the gumption to get out before he got humiliated every game or had to play qualifiers. Don't think he ever changed his darts either.
Report DartsnBooze December 24, 2015 5:28 PM GMT
Wolfie is still producing the goods in the bdo. Several on here and every other darts forum, pubs, clubs etc don't know or care to understand or appreciate the effort or effect individual sports have on people. The trend is to want it now, play breathtaking darts in every match, if not then scorn and ridicule is heaped upon those players who have dedicated themselves to being the best they can. Unfortunately there's an elite few, the remainder are much of a muchness. That goes for all codes mainly pdc and bdo.

Back stage at pdc and bdo is two different animals. Each code is a difficult to compete in as the other on any given day. Some prefer to work and play darts, other go full time. It's become a career choice, but the talent pool is there and building year on year. The pdc has space for 128 players, the remainder form the challenge tour. Everyone has the bdo. I'd love to rattle on some more but some of us have to keep the economy running while you piss heads go party. Have a fab christmas eve everyone...Gotta run...i've got mouths to feed...Cheers!
Report unluckyStu December 24, 2015 7:24 PM GMT
Cheers Dartsnbooze, Bristow used to be my fav' player years ago, played him in an exhibition in the early eighties when he was doing the exhibition circuit, also played Bob Anderson, was due to play Alun Evans but he got ill and was replaced by the Welsh captain Peter Locke whom I beat, a couple of weeks later Alun Evans unfortunately passed away. Some great players around then. Got beat in a play offs to play John Lowe and Cliff Lazerenko.

Couldn't throw a dart to save my life now, smashed my shoulder up drunk one night and arthritis stops me holding them properly now, but I still have my darts Happy
Report liam1982 December 26, 2015 5:47 PM GMT
first decent player taylor gets and he'll be out imhho
Report chavman December 28, 2015 9:41 PM GMT
will phil be canned up tonight?
Report chavman December 28, 2015 11:10 PM GMT
hardly magnanamous in victory
Report chavman December 28, 2015 11:11 PM GMT
t0sser of darts
Report unluckyStu December 30, 2015 11:27 AM GMT
Think he will beat Klassen, then it will be curtains time.
Report n88uk December 30, 2015 11:44 AM GMT
If he beats Klaasen, he plays Norris or Webster. Hard to see him losing to either of them.
Report The Dragon December 30, 2015 11:46 AM GMT
the way he played against painter id take any of them to beat him
Report theres only one best tonic December 30, 2015 12:11 PM GMT
He could lose to Norris Cole or Sally Webster at the moment
Report unluckyStu December 31, 2015 10:13 AM GMT
Good job I didn't lay Klaasen Happy did you see Taylors interview afterwards, do you want the truth or lies ffs, comes out with he's got problems yet he was saying his practising was the best it has ever been, must have been lying a bit there Laugh
Report crepello December 31, 2015 11:39 AM GMT
Practising is the best it has ever been ......

They all say that - means nothing - it is what you bring to the table that matters and has always been so  ....
Report Navel-Gazer December 31, 2015 6:13 PM GMT
Just watched that post-match Taylor interview again and I can't believe how magnanimous he was in defeat...it was as if he'd WON the match!
I can't remember the last time he seemed sincere but I have to admit he certainly looked it there - that's bizarre behaviour for him and hence more evidence that he's mentally AWOL at the moment.

It seems to me that in his own mind he was RESIGNED to defeat at some stage in this tournament.
This is a quite fascinating psychological unravelling we're witnessing with Taylor and I suppose we're all guilty of being voyeurs - it's far more interesting than whatever other lunatics like Britney Spears & Miley Cyrus get up to during their much publicised meltdowns Crazy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com