Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DartsnBooze
17 Dec 15 18:32
| Topic/replies: 15,268 | Blogger: DartsnBooze's blog
*** happybibee *** World Darts Championship - Day 1 *** 2015/16

No hibee reviews from the great man, (though never say never)? However, HH is etched in forum folklore and adones the opening night header for the World Champs.  Cool Like KJP and the missing wall mural being rectified. Talking of King John, he rather sportingly took the tough pdc world champs pre qualifying route via the North American qualifier and freed up a space for the mainly British contingent to battle it out in Coventry. Unfortunately he didn't quite make it but on a better note will once again be spinning his many words of wisdom that Mardle and co will steal from his and claim as their own work.

2015/16 PDC WORLD DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP

4 matches for the opening night of the 2nd* greatest darts tournament in the world.
1 prelim and 3 first round.

The prelims have been extended from a "best of 9 legs to best of 3 sets."
As has been stated by more than one player, winning a short prelim match was a confidence booster, whereas now with the much longer format it's more of an endurance test playing 2 matches on the same night. (The original plan was for the prelim winner to play one match on the night and the first round on another night). It looks like the powers that be are looking after their own and giving the rags a raw deal?

FIRST ROUND - Best of 5 sets - Best of 5 Legs Per Set

Thursday December 17 (7pm-11pm)

Match 1) Andy Boulton 4/7 v Per Laursen 13/8 Preliminary Round - Best of 3 sets - Best of 5 Legs Per Set. No tie-break.

The question on everyone's lips isn't who'll win that match. It's will Per's daughter be in attendance? Per's been around forever and will plod along at his own pace.

Boulton's also been around for years and played his fair share of matches on tv. But stated after his opening Grand Slam match against Barney that he was wrought with nerves? Another good floor player unable to adjust to the big stage pressure?

Of the two, Per's the value @ 13/8 but no bet for me.

I can't pass up this opportunity to post a legendary hibee - "No Recommendation." Grin

Match 2) Jamie Lewis 10/11 v Daryl Gurney 1/1

Wales v Norn Iron. Two smashing youngsters making inroads within the game.
Once in their groove both players effortlessly ping the T20. My first abiding memory of Gurney was in the BDO World Championship where he won his match and threw his remaining darts into the sacred floor/carpet where many a great graced the oche of the legendary Lakeside stage. (This is now a fining offence in the PDC along with a list of other misdemeanors). As is taking your shirt off and swinging it around your head ala Colin Lloyd style. The bet I like is Jamie to cover his 180's spread and get us off to a good start.

Jamie Lewis Total 180's - Over 3.5 @ 8/11 pp 1.2pts

Match 3) Peter Wright 1/3 v Keegan Brown 3/1

Wright has been nothing short of sensational at times this season. Never has a player in the top bracket of darts changed his equipment so many times and so often like Snakebite has done. We used to wait to see what darts he was using before betting on his 180 spread. "What's he using?" "Is he playing with the thin of fat darts?" Now he just mullers the T20 with ease. He said in a recent interview that the darts he now uses frightened him in practice they were going that well. So it proved as he would reel off 12 darters after 12 darters. A contender to go all the way for me no doubt.

Keegan has had his moments and like so many youngsters before him has been touted for great things. There's been some good displays but if one thing gnaws at me it's dart players who haven't prepared their equipment properly. Keegan was guilty of this by not roughing up his points in the Grand Slam. The amount of darts dropping from the treble 20 bed was embarrassing, ala Chisnall style, who ironically was his opponent. A right pair of steamers!

Wright on the other hand has turned himself into a proper dart player. Forget his walk on/on stage persona. Put three darts in his hand and he's now different gravy. One of the breakaway elite players for sure.

Peter Wright to win - No Bet. Grin

Match 4) Gary Anderson 1/20 v Boulton/Laursen 11/1

Ando plays on the opening night as is the tradition for the Current and Defending World Champion. He takes on the prelim winner in what looks a straight forward match. But Gary being Gary might be slow out the blocks and could take a set to hit top form. Though I can't see past a straight sets win.

One to watch - No bet.

Day 1 - As is often the way, it's a case of 32 players getting a win, and in some cases falling over the line regardless of performance. Small pre match and in play stakes for me until the 2nd round where things should pick up. Just the one pre match bet of interest for the opening night - Jamie Lewis Over 3.5 x 180.

PDC World Championship Dark horse - Peter Wright @ 28/1
Ok, he's deemed a contender. How about Jelle Klaasen in the 4th quarter @ 100/1

Other Specials already posted elsewhere:
9 dart finish @ 8/13 hills, opened 4/6
Two or more 9 dart finishes @ 3/1 hills, opened 7/2
Over 2.5 x 170 checkouts @ 5/6 365
Over 625.5 x 180's @ 8/11 bway, opened 17/20 boyl
Bullseye - Winning tourney double @ 50/1 bway
Double 5 - Winning tourney double @ 18/1 boyles

As the great Hibster would say "All views and opinions welcome... Cool
A tune for you HH - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LlMiFYfZIg

P.S. What started out as a jovial post about the forum drooling over Per's daughter kind of spiralled and I found myself getting sucked in and adding a bit of accrued knowledge about the players (though there's nothing really new). This is my own view and in no way am I looking to take over hibee's mantle. The great man himself will tell you there's so much more to putting together a professional preview than just sitting down and typing away. It takes time, effort and dedication (and sometimes an online dictionary) to post such bollocks. This is just a one off preview of sorts to get the ball rolling...Go on, give it try!!!

*BDO World Championship as everyone knows is the Number 1 Darts Tournament.

Good luck everyone. May your darts gods go with you.
Happy

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 420
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Dec 15 18:37
Top work DnB Grin
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 17 Dec 15 18:38
Nice one, great 3 weeks ahead here and the lakeside.
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Dec 15 18:49
Absolutely Steps 3 of my favourite weeks of the year only beaten by Cheltenham for me.

As posted elsewhere I've had a token bet on Wright & Gurney double with all 4 players winning a set. Double pays 19/5 with Sponsors

Looking forward to some great action and top banter too
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 17 Dec 15 18:51
King John on skysports news. Belly bigger than ever.
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Dec 15 18:52
Did you see the start Steps? Reporter's opening line welcome to the BBC world championship
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 17 Dec 15 18:54
Didnt hear that lol

Couldnt take my attention away from Parts gut
By:
ccmac1975
When: 17 Dec 15 18:55
Good work Dnb .good luck with your bet HH and good luck all .might lay wright in play if he goes low .young brown can play a bit .also fancy wright most 180s at 4/6 in match .might nibble the welsh boys overs bet you posted to
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Dec 15 19:04
I rewound it to check was defo BBC not PDC

Some decent matches for R1 next few days too and hopefully leading to some great matches later in tourney
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 17 Dec 15 19:16
Sorry, there was a problem.
Not allowed to access
Sorry, but the page you are trying to access cannot be reached. You may not have permission to view the given resource. Please login or register to continue.

Devil
By:
a bitofinterest
When: 17 Dec 15 19:29
just dusting down the hoover and stepladder
By:
BigRob1
When: 17 Dec 15 19:29
Think I've seen a decent bet on PP

Who will eliminate Phil Taylor , Robert Thornton is 12/1 ,, due to meet in 1/4 finals

or Gary Anderson 11/2 due to meet in semi finals.
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 17 Dec 15 19:33
I was/am logged in...Rebooted and back in the game...hopefully no more hiccups with chrome?

I've done some trebles for the opening round as my main plays. Backing on the alternative markets is fine and well to small stakes like the Jamie Lewis one though i've sometimes found myself several points down after the first round with these types of selections, so not getting too involved in an educated guessing game prior to first round matches this time round as most players are more than capable of producing top arrers in parts of a match. Some can also produce utter guff. A big chunk of my betting comes from darts, mainly in play and on instinct and sticking to certain rules. A recipe for the ice bucket after an all day on stream pro tour event!

Under half an hour to go...
By:
Cosmo Kramer
When: 17 Dec 15 19:40
Forgot about Barney and his tribute to Bunting, what a Herbert!
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Dec 15 19:42
LOL Cosmo it was funnier when Bunting actually started to cry
By:
happyhibee
More importantly is Laure gonna be on duty for some Paxmanesque interviews after matches??
By:
DartsnBooze
Brissy telling it like it is...

To hit a 9 darter

MvG @ 6/1 pp
Taylor @ 7/1 pp
Wright @ 25/1 pp
By:
Cosmo Kramer
When: 17 Dec 15 19:44
The darts has provided some of the most (unintentional) funniest things I've ever seen on tv.

KJP's gut Shocked
By:
baduk
When: 17 Dec 15 19:47
Thanks for getting a thread up and running DnB! Glad to see HH is still around! This is the only time I ever come on the forum anymore! Have a good tourny all.
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 17 Dec 15 19:50
Loving the sky studio build up Cool
By:
Cosmo Kramer
When: 17 Dec 15 19:53
KJP'S seething he wasn't given the rib tasting gig!
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 17 Dec 15 19:53
Mardle asks a punter who's gonna win the tourney? He replies "I have no idea who any of them are." CryGrin
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 17 Dec 15 19:57
For Cosmo and co... Laugh

Van Barneveld honours Bunting - Best of the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK_zYWSVEHU
By:
Cosmo Kramer
When: 17 Dec 15 19:58
Can't believe Brissy is still with us, his diet consists of fry ups, curries, Guinness & cigs!
By:
STEPTOES YARD
That rowdy bunch mardle was interviewing, Martin fitmaurice be turning in his grave if he was dead
By:
STEPTOES YARD
Looks to have had his teeth sorted out Cosmo

Had about 3 left at the grand slam
By:
doorman99
Everyone in that bar area a muppet, and the only semi sane ones support Ando!!
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Dec 15 19:59
Funniest moments?

Dalek during the final on comms
Taylor going to sort out Mason upstairs
Dr rod giving us expert knowledge on drafts and air conditioning
By:
ronsk
Darts crowds are just the most awful bunch of simpletons around. Bito would fit right in.
By:
Cosmo Kramer
Cheers DnB, one of the great tv moments.
By:
n88uk
When: 17 Dec 15 20:00
Part going off on his mural not being on the wall was a great moment.
By:
a bitofinterest
When: 17 Dec 15 20:00
RONSK REPORTED
By:
doridoru
When: 17 Dec 15 20:01
WHY IS SOME FELLA CALLED THE MENACE STILL ON THE TITLES...HE NEVER PLAYS!?!?!?
By:
STEPTOES YARD
happyhibee    17 Dec 15 18:59 
Funniest moments?

Dalek during the final on comms
Taylor going to sort out Mason upstairs
Dr rod giving us expert knowledge on drafts and air conditioning

The dalek comms takes some beating. Did enjoy the 'Snowed in' night
By:
Cosmo Kramer
Not the PDC but Martin Atkins receiving treatment on his arm from the Golden Girl was hilarious/ridiculous/unbelievable.
By:
ronsk
Standard.
By:
ronsk
Standard.
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 17 Dec 15 20:02
the bdo cleans up on funny moments tbf cosmo Grin
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 17 Dec 15 20:03
Vic daily offer...bet £25 (win or lose) get £5 free bet following day every day...
By:
n88uk
When: 17 Dec 15 20:03

Dec 17, 2015 -- 8:01PM, doridoru wrote:

WHY IS SOME FELLA CALLED THE MENACE STILL ON THE TITLES...HE NEVER PLAYS!?!?!?

Show respect for a former world champion.

Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com