Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
speakup
08 Dec 15 16:26
| Topic/replies: 55 | Blogger: speakup's blog
Not a particular fan of his but.......been studying the draw and I think he's a must for QF, probable for SF and then quite probably (imo) a finalist. We know he's not the player of old but if MVG gets bumped in his half (there is some danger in there) then Taylor is probably favouriteif he gets to semis. 5-1 seems like good value to me, even for a cash out later if MVG is still on fire. Just think although MVG is no doubt the best player in there he is still susceptible to a bad night and could get done.
Pause Switch to Standard View Taylor to win PDC...??
Show More
Report deansthemann December 10, 2015 5:44 PM GMT
MVG smashing them up all year but i think the sets format brings other players into it and as you say barney/smith/lewis could run him close in his half, if the world champs was a legs format it would suit him better, i wouldn't be rushing at 11/10
Report Trainy December 12, 2015 4:20 AM GMT
yeah at the prices taylor is the pick he seems confident and set play suit's him but its a gamble because he lost his mother this year so 1st xmas without his mother will be tough to deal with but i will be on him, he traded favorite against MVG at the grand slam last month so 5/1 is a steal for me with a view to cash out if trades odds on. looks to be out of mvg and phil on form, here is the h2h stats
http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/HeadToHead.aspx?plaKey=1&plbKey=1395
Report theres only one best tonic December 12, 2015 12:30 PM GMT
Cant have Taylor any more
If anyone puts it up to him now he cant raise his game and wouldnt be surprised if he takes an early bath similar to when Smith and Chizzy did for him in recent years
Report cooperman12 December 16, 2015 12:52 AM GMT
Trainy When did Taylor start Fav v Van Gerwin??????
Report DartsnBooze December 16, 2015 2:46 PM GMT
Taylor went odds on in play and had the gurner by the bollocks! Missed doubles from Taylor let him back in the match. Good luck backing at 11/10 outright...Value all but gone.
Report n88uk December 16, 2015 5:20 PM GMT
That's Taylor's problem in general. Misses big doubles in all the big matches these days. His draw is good, but it's a huge worry as soon as he plays someone good he will miss some crucial doubles.
Report the_don December 16, 2015 6:44 PM GMT
Taylor a good bet for me at 5/1 due to a good draw.

He's made the last 2 finals (winning 1) despite being written off beforehand plus think the main threat in his half (Anderson) isn't playing great and will feel the pressure of defending his title.
Report DartsnBooze December 16, 2015 7:25 PM GMT
I would like to salute the OP - A bf forum member for over 12 years, and at the time his/her 7th post. A username that does anything but - speakup Grin

Dr Rod would trade @ 5/1 2nd fav behind Taylor (forever odds on way back when for every tourney).
Now it's Taylor @ 5's behind MvG @ 6/5. MvG's not convincing at closing close matches out. (Who saw him on the new Sky darts programme "180")? How many darts to hit the final double for his partner? Lost the plot v the new zealander and got turned over by Thornton in a final. Then he just got home against Wright. Taylor had him by the bollocks though he pulled that one out. He's far from convincing at the price.

6/5 for a world championship before a dart's been thrown represents no value for an individual sport. What if he gets abducted or food poisoned (ala spurs team/arsenal chef), or a virus, or injured along the way. Many things could go wrong. That's the unlikely negatives out of the way. MvG said he won't throw a dart for a whole week while he's on holiday! Imagine that! That's confidence for you, before playing for £300K, the biggest prize in darts ever, and he's become a right cocky "I can't lose" so and so.

Mardle said he shouldn't be taking a break so close to the worlds and should at least keep his eye in. Darts, like individual (and team sports) is all about confidence. Who can argue with a player conquering all before him?

MvG's possible route to the final...

Round One, 5 sets - Plays Prelim winner/Near Automatic Bye
Last 32, 7 sets - John Henderson (32) or Darren Webster

Last 16, 9 sets - Raymond van Barneveld (16) or Stephen Bunting (17)
Quarter, 9 sets - Michael Smith (8) or Ian White (9), Benito/Hopp

Semi, 11 sets - Adrian Lewis (5), Kim (12), Mensur (21), Wright (4), Chisnall (13)
Final, 13 sets - Taylor (3), Gary Anderson (2), Wade (7), others...

The gap between premier league players and the majority of the field is growing, but who in their right mind is taking Evens? Crazy price with several players knocking in 100+ averages week on week.

Have any of the forum lumped on? If so good luck. Should at least get a run for your money. Grin
Report Zazu December 17, 2015 3:23 AM GMT
Holiday isnt a problem at all imo

In fact I think more players should do it then practice over christmas. Round 1 is pretty much a bye for the top guys
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com