Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happyhibee
04 Jan 15 11:50
| Topic/replies: 33,262 | Blogger: happyhibee's blog
So here it is the last thread of this year's worlds and hopefully we get a great final to see us off. I think most on here with no financial attachment would love to see the forum favourite Gary "Subtitles" Anderson win but he has to go out and do it.

Phil Taylor v Gary Anderson:

SF - Taylor bt Raymond Van Barneveld 6-2
Ave: 102.39
180's: 8
HC: 124
CO%: 49%

Anderson bt Michael Van Gerwen 6-3
Ave: 102.2
180's: 8
HC: 80
CO%: 50%

So the final sees Phil chase his 17th title against Gary chasing his first. Given his impeccable semi final record I'd actually say Anderson is happier to play him in the final than a semi though as he's never lost a semi but has lost 3 finals. Taylor averaged 102 and change in his win but at no point did it ever feel like it. He struggled for 2 sets and allowed Barnet to come back into the match then put on a spurt for 10 legs that saw him pull away again. However I remain unconvinced by these new darts and I think if Anderson can put pressure on him then he is there to be beat. Anderson meanwhile averaged over 100 for the 9th time in his last 10 tv matches which shows a new level of consistency that wasn't previously there. His finishing on tops especially was tremendous and if he can do it again I fully expect him to put it up to Taylor. So where is the value? I think on the win market Taylor is rightly favourite based on his experience and the fact he is still churning out decent averages. However Gary did win his last tv meeting so that will give him even more belief he can do it tonight. On the maxes and HC markets I don't like the look of anything but I was looking for a special that isn't priced up unfortunately (the market was would there be a finish on D1). So what is the bet for tonight? Well looking back at over the previous finals I came across a little bit of value I hope and will give us an interest all the way through the match. Taylor has played in 3 previous finals at Alexandra Palace and won them all. However in 2 of those wins he hit a 170 checkout and when he beat Whitlock they both hit the highest available out. So I'm gonna have a small play on a 170 HC and also Taylor to hit a 170.

Recommendation: 1pt win 170 HC @ 4/1 (PP) and Taylor 170 check @ 15/2 (PP)

Summary: Had a thoroughly good laugh on here over the past fortnight as per usual with the highlight being Barney's love in after beating Bunting. Match of the tourney for me was probably Klaasen v Anderson but there have been some terrific games and hopefully 1 more to come. I try not to be biased on here either but I do have a small financial interest in him and even without that I'd like to say "Come on Gazza!!!!!!"
HH Happy

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 49  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 49 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,924
By:
chiefdog
When: 04 Jan 15 12:02
Get work as always HH. One bet I liked the look of is Anderson to win the 1st set at evens. I assume if he wins the bull off he'll take the throw and we know Taylor gives it away.
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
When: 04 Jan 15 12:03
ty hibby

i also try not to biased towards my favs on here Plain
By:
happyhibee
When: 04 Jan 15 12:14
I've noticed Nilsson you are usually very fair Grin
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 04 Jan 15 12:17
Would love to see Anderson do it tonight but think Phil will have that little bit extra at key times.

Hes been throwing 100+ averages all tournie and it so often seems to go under radar.

7-4 Phil
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 04 Jan 15 12:31
taylors pace of play doesnt suit anderson but if could somehow adjust and not get flustered I think he can take this
By:
hfink
When: 04 Jan 15 13:48
Come on Gary!!!
By:
BigRob1
When: 04 Jan 15 14:08
Happyhibbie if you are backing the 170 checkout may as well throw a few pence on the player to get highest checkout being a tie at 25/1

if someone gets it early you then have 25/1 on the other player to get it .
could come up on a 160 or 164 aswell
By:
happyhibee
When: 04 Jan 15 14:22
fair shout rob cheers
By:
charwell.
When: 04 Jan 15 14:35
I think Anderson is the winner tonight.

His newly found resolve has been evident prior to this week and he has been superb, totally bossing MVG. Ando has had higher calibre opponents all week and averaged slightly better than Taylor.

Taylor only had to beat Huybrechts; who should have won really. The rest weren't good enough and Barney waved the white flag after losing the 5th set. Taylor has had a dream run. I am not convinced he is battle hardened this tourney or that he can produce the scoring to keep up. I can see Taylor getting frustrated, and beaten quite soundly.

Anderson set score 7-2, 7-3 or 7-4 dutched seems value.
By:
alun2005
When: 04 Jan 15 14:36
In fairness I think Hibee deserves a round of applause for his stellar commitment to the Forum again this Yuletide. Some very astute pieces of information communicated over the daily previews. At the very least the Racing Post should employ him as a "No Bet" tipster.
By:
a bitofinterest
When: 04 Jan 15 14:46
hear hear,i've made a fortune on his "no bet" selections
By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 04 Jan 15 14:47
Oh Gary Gary, Gary Gary Gary Gary Anderson

LoveLove C'mon Subby!!!
By:
layer1982
When: 04 Jan 15 14:47
You are all deluded if you think Taylor will lose this...He has paced himself nicely and will kick on in the final furlong ;)

Anderson checked out extremely well last night, but will not do the same on this stage under this pressure. Taylor done this so many times it will be second nature to win. 1.7 is a gift.
By:
The Bhoys
When: 04 Jan 15 14:52
I originally thaught Taylor was around 1.5 to win and very suprised to see 1.7ish, alot realies on andersons doubling imo, he was superb v myg on tops and i simply cannot see him producing the same form v taylor as there will be more pressure from taylor imo, altgho anderson ahs got the scoring to completly destroy phil until double awaits, im not backing anyhing, i just want to enjoy a greta game, id like to see anderson win mind
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 04 Jan 15 14:55
Taylor's run-in has been incredibly easy and to have his biitch Barney in the semi it couldn't have worked out better for him. Having reached the final and closed the Order of Merit gap on MVG I think all pressure is off and he'll beat Ando here. 7-3.
By:
alun2005
When: 04 Jan 15 15:13
As a Phil fan, I'd love to see the Great Man secure a 17th title. I'm far from convinced though that he will succeed. This time I feel he's up against a new and improved Anderson, a man playing superb darts, looking hungrier for the title and less-inclined to accept the previous natural order of things. Far too often in the past I think Ando has settled for less than a man of his incredible darting skill merits. I think that combination of talent, hunger and a recent convincing win over Phil will serve him well.

One concern that Ando fans must have is that during his one previous Ally Pally, he definitely under-performed against Lewis, and there was even some talk of how a pro-England crowd had got to him.

Phil's been turning in 100 averages throughout this event, but I can't see how that will be good enough this evening. Does he have one last great performance left in the tank, more importantly with these new darts? I liked the way he convincingly surged ahead of Barney at 2-2 in the semis, and his come-from-behind win against Huybrechts,  but (for him) there have been way too many ordinary sets throughout this tournament. Fingers crossed he'll get closer to 102 tonight, an average that is better than any losing PDC finalist has managed, but will that even be enough? 

Cheers to all Darts forumites, old and new, for all the laughs this last fortnight. Without wishing to sound like some burned-out, loved-up, acid-soaked, psychedelic casualty, you are the best of the best.
By:
Danno
When: 04 Jan 15 15:18
Biggest concern on Ando here is the pace of play. Remember his R1 match against Kirchner? The invisible dart and all that. Gary didn't (or couldn't) settled into a rhythm and was spraying them about a fair bit. Only 3 x 180s.

But against the fast playing Klaasen & MVG here was hammering in the big scores. Phil's slightly slow pace might therefore be an issue, and Phil will no doubt know that Gary is a rhythm player, and slow down further accordingly. I would if I were him.

That aside, Ando has the scoring power to get to a double most legs, and his new found consistency on the outer ring means he has the game to beat Taylor even if Phil is averaging over the ton.

In other words I haven't got a flipping clue Excited
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 04 Jan 15 15:43
Bobby knows Cool
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 04 Jan 15 15:49
BigRob1 04 Jan 15 15:08
Happyhibbie if you are backing the 170 checkout may as well throw a few pence on the player to get highest checkout being a tie at 25/1

BR1, I always back the tie @ 25/1 in every tv final. One day it will cop. Grin
By:
easygold
When: 04 Jan 15 16:12
I didn`t think Gary, scored that well last night (well his best if that is possible), far too many under the red-bit, and his cover shot was o.k. I`m sure he has re-watched the match and will be working hard on his first dart.
Regards to the pace of the game......... there was many times last night Gary paused and didn`t know it was his throw??? or that was his ploy. So I feel it Taylor wants to slow it down on purpose if won`t bother Gary at all.

I believe there is more to come from Gary, and I feel Taylor`s finishing has been poor all week and has got away with.

Anderson for me.

How people think Taylor is a 1.5 shot has not been watching this week, and going by previous year`s which in my opinion is wrong.
By:
Cosmo Kramer
When: 04 Jan 15 16:20
I think around a 100 average is as good as Taylor can hit this week, he's just not playing his 'A' game. Subtitles can definitely go higher (and has done) and certainly seems to have an extra gear this tournament which Taylor hasn't got at the moment.

7-4, 7-5 to Anderson with Hibby's tips backed also. Good luck everyone!
By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 04 Jan 15 16:34
why is kick off so late tonight??

already wrecked after the NFL last night Plain
By:
ccmac1975
When: 04 Jan 15 16:36
Been a great week for laughs n darts folks even though I did do my balls the first week and missed the 30s mentioned against klassen as was on a night out Cry..Iv been an ando die hard and will be gutted if he loses to the best player ever who is also a complete ****. Ruling my heart out my head tells me this is going to be a hard battle and that subby has to start well like he did last night so if he does that il lean towards him but have no idea who wins. Done the bet mentioned check out draw and also done a 9 dart finish and 170 Co finish double 25.1 with coral 22.1 the c.o tie .good luck guys been good laugh this week
By:
maltese falcon
When: 04 Jan 15 16:36
reminds me so much of 2012.  An out of sorts Taylor averaging around 100 in the lead up to the final and going off odds against v Van Gerwen before winning 7-4 from 3-0 down if I remember correctly and giving a brilliant performance.  The facts are Taylor had a superior average yesterday with an inferior checkout percentage.  He has also won this 16 times.  Taking 2.4 Anderson is surely no value.  I am not saying Taylor will win, but at the prices you have to be with him.
By:
appformat
When: 04 Jan 15 16:41
Taylor @ 1.71 is a late Christmas present!
By:
easygold
When: 04 Jan 15 16:44
Hi Maltese........ there was legs when Barney was 300 points behind, no pressure......... when there is pressure averages get effected. I have back Anderson @5.9 last night I have laid a bit back but left enough up for a nice profit.
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 04 Jan 15 16:45
Do wonder if phil will consider slowing it up a touch tonight
By:
easygold
When: 04 Jan 15 16:46
He may Steptoe........ but I explained earlier I don`t think it will bother Ando
By:
Only-the-Brave
When: 04 Jan 15 17:03
Think Phil will win tbh but really would like Anderson to do it.  Therefore a bet on anderson for me.  Most maxes is a cert you'd think but again v short.
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 04 Jan 15 17:06
Who wins - Gary Anderson.
By:
disco dennis
When: 04 Jan 15 17:08
ANDERSON WILL SH*T HIS PANTS AND BOTTLE IT. FACT. 1.72 TAYLOR IS A GIFT FROM THE GODS AND I WILL BE HAVING MY BIGGEST BET FOR A LONG TIME ON A PHIL TAYLOR WIN. GET ON LARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WITH YOUR FINAL BETS ITS BEEN A GREAT TWO WEEKS .
By:
easygold
When: 04 Jan 15 17:11
Hi Disco.......... the comments u make....... I have not seen this week............ Sure last night was like the final........ I think Ando, has been the better player against better players all week VIA Taylor`s opponents who are all bottlers........
By:
disco dennis
When: 04 Jan 15 17:14
P.S I ALSO THINK THE CROWD WILL BE RIGHT BEHIND THE ENGLISH MAN TAYLOR WHICH COULD ALSO GET TO ANDERSON
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 04 Jan 15 17:21
Yawn Cry
By:
GRANTCKING

Jan 4, 2015 -- 12:14PM, disco dennis wrote:

P.S I ALSO THINK THE CROWD WILL BE RIGHT BEHIND THE ENGLISH MAN TAYLOR WHICH COULD ALSO GET TO ANDERSON

think the crowd will be neutral myself

By:
disco dennis
EASYGOLD YOUR RIGHT ANDERSON HAS LOOKED SOLID ALL WEEK BUT THIS IS THE WORLD FINAL AND I JUST THINK TAYLOR WILL OWN HIM IN THE FINAL. GOOD LUCK AND LETS HOPE ITS A CLASSIC.
By:
the_don
When: 04 Jan 15 17:22
I think a lot of the crowd will be behind Gary actually, sure there were a few boos for MVG at the start of yesterday's semi.
If Anderson hadn't beaten Taylor in the Players Championship last month I'd see a usual 'Anderson plays well v Taylor but loses' match. The confidence and belief that seems to have given him may just swing it his way.......
By:
ccmac1975
When: 04 Jan 15 18:12
Hope folk keep mouthing taylor will own him and hope gary can shove it up them. Didn't like seeing money tree tip ando though bad omen that Cry

Watching mvg programme quite good
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 04 Jan 15 18:12
Yes great efforts as always hh.... First class threads and have enjoyed reading all of them.
Page 1 of 49  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 49 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com