Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happyhibee
17 Dec 14 20:26
| Topic/replies: 33,262 | Blogger: happyhibee's blog
Seems like no time at all since last years tournament and I was sat laughing at random people on a forum who I've never met. Welcome one and all to the best 2 weeks on the betfair forum again and lets hope all the old faces and some new ones are here Happy

Should be around for most of it but don't finish work till Christmas Eve and I'm having some issues with laptop just now so if a preview doesn't appear there's probably more than enough people to contribute. However like sprouts and turkey it's almost tradition for these things so hopefully all goes smoothly.

Onwards and upwards to have a look at the first night anyway

John Part v Keegan Brown:

Opening match sees 3 times world champion KJP take on the current world youth champion. Much as it seems cynical of me to suggest this but it almost looks as if John is on first to try and get him in the comms box as soon as possible. He's shown next to nothing on tv for ages now and unfortunately for him he's got one of the worst draws in the form of young Keegan. Brown was a revelation at the GSOD and knocked out Lewis in the group before beating Barney in R2 and giving Chisnall an almighty scare in the QF. At the prices you're not getting much value from a 4/9 poke but bet I quite like is Brown to win and both players to win a set. Like a lot of quick players Brown can be very streaky and if he is slightly off the pace for 3-4 legs hopefully Part can nick a set. However I can't see him scoring heavily enough over a best of 5 to win.

Recommendation: 1pt win Keegan Brown to win and both players to win a set @ Evs (Hills)

Christian Perez v Cristo Reyes:

As big a degenerate gambler as I am I can honestly say I could count on one hand how many bets I've had over the years in the prelim matches. Such a short race means it doesn't really float my boat but good luck to those who can find a bit of value.

Recommendation: No Bet

Christian Kist v Jelle Klaasen:

Looks like the game of the night here and possibly one of the games of the round between 2 former BDO world champions. Kist is a player I really like as I think he has a very solid action and scores heavily. He's not been as successful as I thought he might in the PDC but there are signs his game is slowly improving. Klaasen is another capable of brilliance on his day but also capable of complete dross but has showed some recent form to suggest his game is slowly coming round. I've toyed with 2 bets here and as opposed to picking between them I'm going to back both. However if one loses it's likely both does so kind of putting my eggs in 1 basket. Bets I like are over 17.5 legs and over 7 maxes. i can see this match going at least 4 and possibly 5 sets and if that happens then I think that the maxes are a good bet. However in set play we could get 5 sets and still lose so a little bit of luck is involved. What I would say is both can have trouble on the doubles which hopefully results in a good few legs.

Recommendations: 1pt win Over 17.5 legs @ 10/11 (Sky or Lads) & 1pt win over 7.5 legs @ Evs (SJ)

Michael van Gerwen v Joe Cullen:

Defending champ takes to the stage on the first night as is tradition and in all honesty shouldn't have too much trouble in progressing. Cullen was billed as a potential top 32 player a while back but hasn't kicked on and I've seen nothing to suggest he can trouble MVG. Can't see a bet here so happy to sit and watch.

Recommendation: No Bet

Wes Newton v Winning Qualifier:

As many might know on here I'm not really a fan of Newton as I think he's wildly inconsistent and his darts go in at an odd angle which doesn't help his cause. He's also had a poor year but until opponent is known it's pretty hard to do much. What I would say is the standard in the prelims is improving and last year of the 8 winners we had 2 who won their R1 match and only 2 lost to nil. Wes actually played a qualifier last year and won 3-1 so depending on prices I might look to lay 3-0 at odds on.

Recommendation: No bet at present

Summary: 3 bets for opening night and evening will be made if we get a high scoring thriller in the middle match. Best of luck to all who are punting and lets hope we can have the usual laughs, opinions and value winners until after the New year has come and gone Happy
HH

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 17  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 17 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 665
By:
a bitofinterest
When: 17 Dec 14 20:35
Cool
By:
bethsalander
When: 17 Dec 14 20:51
cheers HH, and off we go again...."its the most wonderful time of the year"
i think Kist is a stonking good bet at evs to beat Klaasen. I've been impressed by his application and results this season (after a year+ in the wilderness due to poor health).  IMO he is a better player than Jelle, is a better scorer, a better finisher and has beaten him on the 1 occasion they have played (this year).  I thought he would be closer to 1.6, GET ON
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Dec 14 21:01
I like Kist too mate must be honest. My only worry is his relative lack of tv experience and this match is big for him. Did Klaasen not show some sort of form in last tv tourney too (Euro champs or something maybe?)
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 17 Dec 14 21:28
HH's threads always mean that Xmas is almost upon us...I know that even though even though this is only the fifth year I've been tuning into this forum...in various guises Devil

Everyone knows that D&B is the daddy of the forum but HH is the slightly younger sibling Grin

Kist has played some really good stuff on TV recently and Klassen put in a superb performance against Jamie Caven so they've both got relatively decent form - I've backed both of them to win the quarter and I slightly favour Kist as he looks like there may well be more improvement in him than Klaasen who in reality has seen better days as well as what HH mentioned in that he can be so inconsistent & erratic.

Watch Klaasen from 16:50 turn the 6-4 deficit into a brilliant victory in this best of 19 encounter...typical Klaasen that pops up every now & again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwsdSmYDT2g
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 17 Dec 14 22:25
HH - "Recommendation: 1pt win Keegan Brown to win and both players to win a set @ Evs (Hills)"

Where are those markets to be found on Oddschecker? I think that's a fair bet you've picked but an even better price would be for
Brown to win & get the most 180's - or even the treble!
I don't like the lottery of which player will nail the highest checkout in the bookies' "designer/rip-off mug bets" as all the players are capable of hitting ONE big 'un.

PS - I can't believe the cowardice of these bookmakers in not pricing up the markets that interest most of us Sad
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 17 Dec 14 22:32
Naval, I'm more akin to excessive ramblings than quality content. I just enjoy posting about all things arrers.

HH is the king pin when it comes to writing previews and having the masses sit up and take note, (or better still - offence when his write ups have no recommended bets). Grin

A most welcome return of Hibee's famous world champs previews - "It's beginning to feel a lot like christmas." Cool

I've had several bets for the tourney but for day 1 i've been even smarter than hh. Silly

Klaasen to win match @ 1/1 1pt
Kist to win match @ 1/1 1pt
==============================

Back in the real world, i've had one bet in the opener with sly. Their line has since moved to 6.5. While 3 pts is a bit high for an opening gambit it's in line with my staking plan. He who dares...

Day 1 - Part v Keegan - Total 180's, Under 7.5 @ 4/6 tote,fred,lads 3pts

Let the good times roll...
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 17 Dec 14 22:38
Naval, hills are the bookie for both to win a set and player to win match...I posted the odds in your world champs thread on page 2 at 14 Dec 14 21:59 - hills special in bold red. Wink
http://community.betfair.com/darts/go/thread/view/94054/30395125/?pg=2
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 17 Dec 14 22:44
Blush sorry squire...I'll take a peek.
I still can't see such markets on Oddschecker.

I thought I'd mention that your new toy (garish colours theived from Pokermonster) really slip down the crack of my arse and I just mentally airbrush those posts Grin
You may have noticed I'm partial to a drunken ramble as well Crazy

PS - Johnny Part's line in last year's kick-off was 2.5 and he smashed that with 6 in a 5 set match...that was an 8/11 poke.
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 17 Dec 14 22:46
Thanks D&B - that's a separate Hill's special then?
I reckon there'll be plenty of value there for some of us insects to gobble up.
By:
gnashersblackpool
When: 17 Dec 14 22:54
keegan to win 3 1 or 3 2 on betfair exchange  cs market already pays more than evs, and thats with the current 15% overround which will of course tighten up to pay even more come off time.
By:
alun2005
When: 17 Dec 14 23:26
There can have been no finer start to any PDC World Championship than with the traditional and ultra-solid HH Preview above.
By:
a bitofinterest
When: 17 Dec 14 23:29
nilssons giving king john parts livers a massage as we type Cool
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 17 Dec 14 23:58
Gnashers - Brown to win 3-1 in sets is best-priced 11/4 & 3-2 is 7/2 which as you say makes it a touch better than Evs...just under 21/20 according to my mathematical skills.

It's like Xmas Eve when I was a kid...I can't wait Happy
By:
a bitofinterest
When: 18 Dec 14 00:05
NAKED FORUM GROUP HUG AT 18.55 GREENWICH MEANTIME AS PER USUAL Excited

i do hope no one invited mr ed Plain
By:
ccmac1975
When: 18 Dec 14 00:05
Big bet on brown to win tomorrow night .that's the first bet that was in my head when the draw was announced. Hopefully get of to a winning start. Also strongly fancy kist. He played solid in grand slam was unlucky to play an ando who was flying to. Kist a solid140 scorer and more dependable than klasen on the doubles. May lay neuton if he gets first set and goes mega low
By:
ccmac1975
When: 18 Dec 14 00:08
Newton
By:
lightweight
When: 18 Dec 14 10:52
Seasons greetings HH great to have u back posting for the worlds again. Really wouldn't be the same without ur previews. I look forward to it every year and let's hope u continue to make us all some money over the festive period. Talk to u on ere during the tourn. Long live HH.
By:
Danno
When: 18 Dec 14 11:31
Just looked in to see if HH had put up his annual tipping thread.  Delighted to see another Christmas tradition continuing.  Great work.

Brown & Kist double looks a knockout bet for tonight, but 1.4 on Brown is very low, so maybe just put all the stake on Kist match bet.  Klaasen hasn't really impressed other than in small bursts since he won the world title, and that's the best part of a decade ago.
By:
Cosmo Kramer
When: 18 Dec 14 12:15
Nothing says Christmas more than HH's darts previews.

Good luck all with your bets and festive greetings!
By:
E
When: 18 Dec 14 12:38
Always nice to see your previews HH. Good luck with your bets and Merry Christmas to you.
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 18 Dec 14 13:24
How many of tonight's players are already knocking back the vino? Silly

How many units will KJP consume before his walk on commences? Crazy

Bonus point - Will KJP weigh more than his last tv appearance or less = Massive. Devil

Prelim & First Round
Thursday December 18

7.10pm John Part (30) v Keegan Brown
8.15pm Christian Perez v Cristo Reyes (P)
9.00pm Jelle Klaasen (29) v Christian Kist
10.00pm Michael van Gerwen (1) v Joe Cullen
11.00pm Wes Newton (13) v Christian Perez/Cristo Reyes

Excited
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 18 Dec 14 15:16
CoolCoolSilly Nice work HH
By:
marychain1
When: 18 Dec 14 16:25
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Dec 14 16:25
Less than 3 hours can't wait Grin
By:
maleuk01.
When: 18 Dec 14 16:36
think bunting could go well.

5/1 to win his quater
12/1 to reach the final
37/1 to win
18/1 top 180's (is prolific 180 scorer)

little tickle on chisnal 60 kist 340 winstanley 430.

good look all.
By:
marychain1
When: 18 Dec 14 16:38
By:
alun2005
When: 18 Dec 14 16:56
I don't suppose anyone knows of a decent "stream" for tonight's coverage, without any of this virus or malware nonsense attached? 

Do I really have to pay the PDC  a month's subscription to watch it?
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Dec 14 16:58
Hills not streaming it through their website? I know Laddies used to Alun but dunno if the new sponsors are following suit
By:
maleuk01.
When: 18 Dec 14 16:59
sky sports alun.

tonight is also on sky 2 for those who dont get sky sports.
By:
alun2005
When: 18 Dec 14 17:01
Ok cheers Hib, good idea
By:
alun2005
When: 18 Dec 14 17:02
Thanks maleuk01
By:
johnwark
When: 18 Dec 14 17:07
Bunting and King outright for starters

Are we sure 2/5 Brown isn't value tonight, looks a good thing to me. Part just going through the motions now

Perez got a good pedigree here, won his 2 prelims. 4-0 against someone I don't know and beat Per Laursen 4-3. Then took sets off Alan Tabern and Robert Thornton in 3-1 defeats in the 1st round proper. Spanish guy must have beat a good field to win that qualifier but 4/6 Perez seems ok for an interest. Definitely want to take on Newton somehow later

Klassen/Kist looks priced bang on.  Klassen will probably lead early but Kist never goes away so I can't see a bet at the minute

Not sure I fancy 1/20 MVG against a guy that beat him last time (or anyone at the minute) but don't fancy chucking money down the drain on Cullen either
By:
alun2005
When: 18 Dec 14 17:28
According to 2 darts websites I've been looking at, there is apparently one betting company that will be live-streaming the darts, but I can't actually find it on that particular bookmaker's website just yet.

Assuming we still can't advertise other bookies on here, I'll just say they supposedly bet everyday of the year.
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 18 Dec 14 17:32
Hello Al...£3.65 Wink
By:
pauliow
When: 18 Dec 14 17:32
Good evening gents. As HH said this is the best forum on Betfair and for the last couple of years I've sat here laughing out loud, much to my missus's disgustSilly Great write up as ever HH, I look for it every day before kick off. I've no bets on here at the moment but I like to lay low odds in play. This has proven very profitable in the past and I hope to continue this year. The games can turn so quickly it's always worth a shot. I've got a large stock of West Indies Porter in the shed and am ready to settle down. Good luck everybody, here's to a fantastic spell of darts and some excellent banter.HappyHappy
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 18 Dec 14 17:33
PS - don't they all have small screens? They're so irritating!
I'm sure someone will be along soon with a very reliable stream you can rig up through your TV Happy
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 18 Dec 14 17:37
Alun, live stream also available through 365 and unibet.
365 is faster than sky on a betting front, plus plenty of in play markets to do your dough. The downside is the size of the screen - clear picture though.

KJP will no doubt be swaying and putting smiles on the bar women's faces as i type. Grin

Plenty of recent activity shows the forum is alive as the members return in droves for the biggee. Banter, banter, banter ahead...let the good times roll. Excited

A special mention to a couple players MIA who have thoroughly entertained the forum...

By:
alun2005
When: 18 Dec 14 17:40
Thank you for the info DnB

BTW…. H20 and The Hobo can't be there tonight as they are receiving the Legion d'Honneur.
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Dec 14 17:42
2 GREAT MEN

Bristow v Taylor gold on just now been a decent watch as an apperitif
Page 1 of 17  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 17 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML