Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DartsnBooze
01 Dec 14 14:07
| Topic/replies: 15,268 | Blogger: DartsnBooze's blog
Plain
Pause Switch to Standard View Pot Noodle banned from the PDC?
Show More
Report ccmac1975 December 1, 2014 8:05 PM GMT
Eh? Lol
Report DartsnBooze December 2, 2014 2:03 AM GMT
mac, everyone knows who "Pot Noodle" is Laugh

THE PDC can confirm that Richie Burnett has been removed from the field for the 2014/15 William Hill World Darts Championship for personal reasons. Sad

Burnett's absence means Stuart Kellett will become the 32nd seed for the event, with all seeded players below Burnett in the top 32 moving up one place.

Resultingly, Rowby-John Rodriguez becomes a ProTour Order of Merit qualifier and Ryan De Vreede steps up to qualify for the last 64 as the fourth highest placed non-qualified European from the ProTour Order of Merit.

Draw bracket for the top 32 seeds - (Full draw on Tuesday afternoon).

Top Half 1st Quarter
1 Michael van Gerwen v 32 Stuart Kellett
16 Terry Jenkins v 17 Justin Pipe

8 Dave Chisnall v 25 Paul Nicholson
9 Robert Thornton v 24 Ronnie Baxter

2nd Quarter
5 Peter Wright v 28 Andy Smith
12 Andy Hamilton v 21 Steve Beaton

4 Gary Anderson v 29 Jelle Klaasen
13 Wes Newton v 20 Kevin Painter

Bottom Half 3rd Quarter
2 Phil Taylor v 31 Mark Webster
15 Ian White v 18 Kim Huybrechts

7 Simon Whitlock v 26 Dean Winstanley
10 Mervyn King v 23 Vincent van der Voort

4th Quarter
6 James Wade v 27 Stephen Bunting
11 Brendan Dolan v 22 Michael Smith

3 Adrian Lewis v 30 John Part
14 Raymond van Barneveld v 19 Jamie Caven

Ando's got a cracking looking draw, and owes mvg a deserved beating.
Report Navel-Gazer December 2, 2014 3:23 AM GMT
D&B - has Richie been 'bugling' recently?
Maybe he's the only one that's been collared Mischief

I see Anderson & MVG are due to collide in the semis...I get the feeling Gary will be disappointed about that as he'd want to beat him in the final itself - do you get the impression he's been angered by MVG over the last 12 months and those two TV defeats (that he handed to MVG) have really rankled with him?

He's said a few times that MVG hasn't had to tackle the REAL Taylor at full blast (I reckon that's slightly bitter as MVG's bullied Taylor at times when both have performed superbly, though it's been reversed on him as well) and also on several occasions he's been touting the 'older brigade' and having a pop at the youngsters without actually naming MVG...we know who he's pointing the finger at Grin

He really has let MVG off the hook on their last two proper TV meetings (the PL group stage is relatively meaningless) and you can tell he's fired up about their next showdown...he was visibly upset when interviewed after getting beat in the QF last year and I think since then, he's had more aggression in his game.
Report Navel-Gazer December 2, 2014 3:30 AM GMT
PS - for ONCE I reckon James Wade has been bummed by the draw Grin

He'll have to most likely beat Bunting in the last 32 (could've had a much easier opponent) Dolan/Smith in the last 16 (could've been worse I suppose) Lewis/Barney in the QF, Taylor in the semi & then MVG/Anderson in the final!

Even if he's playing out of his foreskin, that's not a nice draw Devil
LAY the fcuker! Grin
Report ccmac1975 December 2, 2014 1:59 PM GMT
SoZ mate I remember the pot noodles story king of dubai told me while back forgot Blush.Glad Rodriguez wins out it though shame for Ritchie got rod at 1000.1  .played well against brown in grand slam and beat Lewis
Report DartsnBooze December 2, 2014 4:07 PM GMT
These were hills odds for the world champs 6 months ago: Devil

6/4  Michael van Gerwen
5/2 Phil Taylor
7/1 Adrian Lewis
14/1 Raymond van Barneveld

16/1 Gary Anderson
20/1 Peter Wright
28/1 James Wade
28/1 Stephen Bunting

33/1 Simon Whitlock
40/1 Dave Chisnall
50/1 Kim Huybrechts
50/1 Robert Thornton

66/1 Michael Smith
66/1 Andy Hamilton
66/1 Wes Newton
100/1  Bar (EW ½ 1-2)
Report DartsnBooze December 2, 2014 6:50 PM GMT
PDC world champs - Specials

Big Two Versus The Field
4/5 Michael van Gerwen or Phil Taylor to win
10/11 The Field to win

9 dart finish
YES 8/13
NO 6/5
Report DartsnBooze December 2, 2014 7:02 PM GMT
Aidie's opponent, Pallett is a jovial character and will have the "spotters" on red alert with his odd finishing shots selection.

The comms will lead us to believe that he's a "breath of fresh air."

David Pallet @ 10/1 as an opening ambit, and on the h'cap spread for me. Good luck to those blindly backing a 1/12 shot.

Report Navel-Gazer December 2, 2014 7:11 PM GMT
D&B - I remember Lewis struggling to overcome your mate Big Nige three years ago...that was a tussle - I'd guess he was about 1/8 to win that and if memory serves, didn't Nigel have match darts against him?
Report DartsnBooze December 2, 2014 7:42 PM GMT
NG, I'm pretty sure Nige had darts to go 2 legs up in the deciding set. He said he finally understood what pressure in that moment alone was like under the bright tv lights. I'm pretty sure he went odds on too, 8/11 rings a bell?

Back to this sorry tale - Pot Noodle banned for 12 months, not life.
Hope you get yourself sorted, and ffs, get writing the book with your "down time" and give us a bellyful of laughs, mixed with a handful of tears. This story needs to be told.

P.S. All the wrong un's end up getting media work...Merson, Mason, Claridge, Quinn, to name but a few. All the best Richie Love
Report DartsnBooze December 2, 2014 8:05 PM GMT
^ I'm pretty unsure about being sure.
Report DartsnBooze December 2, 2014 8:17 PM GMT
Adrian Lewis v Nigel Heydon
2-2 sets
2-3 legs heydon
heydon throwing for the match
how can i not remember this? Confused

56:26 mins Laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDGkRRvcCg8
Report Navel-Gazer December 2, 2014 8:29 PM GMT
Has Nigel got some rickety back trouble?
That throwing action/stance looks very painful.
Report DartsnBooze December 2, 2014 8:36 PM GMT
@ 6:06 Laugh Blush Angry

Back, eyes, age...it's so cut throat on the pro tour now.

I'd love to see Taylor try survive without tv money by playing the floor tour (where he often gets beat by no marks, yet quality players)
Report The Bhoys December 2, 2014 8:38 PM GMT
d n b have u ever been battered by taylor?
Report DartsnBooze December 2, 2014 9:30 PM GMT
LOL bhoys. I haven't played Taylor, only been on the practice board with him Silly
Report The Bhoys December 2, 2014 9:33 PM GMT
ah fair play mate, does any of ur fello pros post on here?
Report DartsnBooze December 3, 2014 1:45 PM GMT
I've no idea about pros posting on here. I'm an injured low grader at best these days and reside in the knackers yard. Hence why i haven't posted any of my sober/drunken tourney tales for quite some time. Laugh
Report DartsnBooze December 3, 2014 1:46 PM GMT
WINNING HALF
top 6/5
bottom 4/6

BIG 2 V THE FIELD
tayor/van gerwen 4/5
the field 1/1

WINNING NATIONALITY
england 8/11
dutch 5/2
scottish 13/2
australian 40/1
belgium 50/1
any other 66/1

NINE DART FINISH
YES 8/13
NO 5/4

170 CHECKOUT
YES 1/25
NO 12/1

9 DART FINISH AND 170 CHECKOUT
YES 8/13

TOTAL 170 CHECKOUTS
three or four 6/4
exactly one 7/2
five or more 7/1
none 12/1

TOTAL NINE DART FINISHES
none 5/4
one 6/4
two or more 11/4
exactly two 3/1
three or more 16/1

1ST QUARTER WINNER
Michael van Gerwen 8/15                                                            Dave Chisnall 6/1                                                               
Robert Thornton 9/1   
Terry Jenkins 12/1                                                                    Justin Pipe 20/1                                                                    Paul Nicholson 28/1                                                                    Andrew Gilding    33/1                                                                    Benito van de Pas 33/1                                                                Ronnie Baxter 40/1                                                                    Stuart Kellett 50/1                                                                    Ryan De Vreede 66/1                                                                Joe Cullen 80/1                                                                    Lawrence Ryder 200/1                                                                John Weber 300/1

2ND QUARTER WINNER
Gary Anderson 11/8                                                                Peter Wright 4/1                                                                    Wes Newton 9/1                                                                    Andy Hamilton 12/1                                                                    Kevin Painter 12/1                                                                    Christian Kist 14/1                                                                    Jelle Klaasen 14/1                                                                    Steve Beaton 20/1                                                                    Kyle Anderson 25/1                                                                    Andy Smith 33/1                                                                    Gerwen Price 40/1                                                                    Ronny Huybrechts 40/1                                                           
Dave Richardson 80/1

3RD QUARTER WINNER
Phil Taylor 2/5                                                                   
Simon Whitlock 8/1                                                               
Mervyn King 12/1                                                           
Kim Huybrechts 16/1                                                           
Vincent van der Voort 16/1                                                       
Ian White 20/1                                                                   
Dean Winstanley 22/1                                                           
Darren Webster 33/1                                                           
Mark Webster 50/1                                                               
Wayne Jones 66/1                                                               
Max Hopp 80/1                                                                   
Michael Mansell 80/1                                                           
Ron Meulenkamp 100/1                                                                Jyhan Artut 200/1

4TH QUARTER WINNER
Adrian Lewis 3/1                                                                   
James Wade 10/3                                                                    Stephen Bunting 9/2                                                                Raymond van Barneveld 6/1                                                            Michael Smith 8/1                                                               
Jamie Caven 12/1                                                                    Brendan Dolan 16/1                                                                    Keegan Brown 16/1
Rowby-John Rodriguez 33/1                                                       
John Part 50/1                                                                   
Mensur Suljovic 50/1                                                                Jamie Lewis 66/1                                                                    David Pallett 80/1                                                               
Jason Hogg 100/1
Report jimmy two times December 3, 2014 4:11 PM GMT
lot of people saying its for smoking weed. a year for smoking a bit of weed ffs! not gonna be the same without richie
Report Navel-Gazer December 3, 2014 5:15 PM GMT
Jimmy - I think you'd better go and get the (rollie) papers, get the papers Crazy

There have been some notable absentees over the last few years as it's not a gimme to qualify any more...Richie's a sad addition to that list Sad
Report DartsnBooze December 3, 2014 6:04 PM GMT
The last fine updates on the PDPA site were in 2012 - No players were named, though players still get fined "on the quiet" even now. Confused

Weed, ganga, can-a-piss, cocaine, and top shelf demon drinks. Scientifically, all are dangerous in quantity, yet one of these lethal drugs is allowed in the sport of darts?

Whatever next? A player banned for speeding? Driving a vehicle, not drugs. Transparency has never been a strong point of the PDPA/PDC? Was Taylor banned, suspended or even removed from any tv tournaments "due to personal reasons" before, during, or after his court case?

Nothing quite like a rhetorical question. Devil Devil Devil

My biased rattle is well and truly out the pram as there's so many stories of misdemeanours where a blind eye is turned.

C'mon Richie Love - Release a statement fella. A nice front page exclusive leading up to the worlds on a Paul Merson scale. Or has he been silenced by the powers that be in order to remain in the pdpa/pdc fold?
Report DartsnBooze December 3, 2014 6:14 PM GMT
Same old pdc heirarchy bollocks when Wade was dropped from the Premier League this year without a valid reason?

Dr Rod said in hindsight it did Wade a favour as his form returned. Nothing to do with him being pissed off that he was omitted in the first place. Angry

On that note - a tune, and what a crowd! AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zakKvbIQ28o
Report alun2005 December 4, 2014 12:33 PM GMT
Personally I'd LOVE to be psychoanalysed by Dr Rod.

Remember how he informed us that "me and Eric would soon sort out Barney's problems for him" a few years back when the Dutchman's confidence was low. Somehow I don't think it would have involved much in the way of Clinical Psychology, as practiced by a licensed and qualified professional.
Report DartsnBooze December 7, 2014 6:26 PM GMT
A magnificent photo (on the net) to lighten the mood - No offence meant, as many a forumite knows of my love for the Prince. I have another long forgotten story of him. I watched him on the come back trail at a qualifying event for the Grand Prix. He won through and exclaimed with a clenched fist and a sneer, "The Prince of Wales is going to Dublin." Grin Love

Report Navel-Gazer December 7, 2014 6:59 PM GMT
Laugh Is that your handiwork D&B? Laugh
Report ccmac1975 December 8, 2014 11:46 AM GMT
Nice one dnb Laugh
Report marychain1 December 8, 2014 1:15 PM GMT
Laugh
Report PugMunter1 December 10, 2014 2:36 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder