Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mike barrow
16 Nov 14 10:57
| Topic/replies: 24 | Blogger: mike barrow's blog
Anyone she'd any light on what's happened with him.? Had some good pay days with Colin around 10 years ago, sure I read somewhere he is not even qualified for the worlds.?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 5
By:
olddesperado
When: 16 Nov 14 12:08
Surprisingly Colin is still world no. 35 despite hardly winning a game on or off telly the last few years.
By being in the top 16 and then 32 he was picking up first round money in the tv events which kept him hanging in there and I think he managed a QF of a European event two years ago which helped.
64K won last two years but he's only going backwards and that will slip down further.

He usually gets beat in the first round of floor events either 6-0 , 6-1 or 6-5.
That tells me his game has gone back to the extent that the better players are beating him easy and the players he should be able to handle edge him with his confidence probably at an all time low as he loses too many 6-5 to be unlucky.

Because of being 35 he is hanging in there going to all the pro tour events hoping for a run in one to pull himself back inside the magic 32.

He probably should pack it in for 6 months or so , clear the mind take a holiday or two and then put in a few weeks practice and hit the floor events again without a lot of mental baggage of defeat after defeat.

Met him once and he's a nice guy , the only pro I've seen buying drink for punters at his exibitions.
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 16 Nov 14 12:52
OD - I wasn't aware of his results in the floor competitions and if that's the case, maybe your suggestion is a good idea.

Jaws is a great character of the sport...it's been pitiful watching him get wellied regularly over the years - because of his poor form & lack of confidence, he's exactly the kind of draw that and up & coming player would relish playing in the first round of the World's and it's sad that Colin's a notable addition to the surprising list of players on the downgrade that haven't made the last 72 in the last few years Sad

PS - I would've thought buying drinks for punters at exhibitions would just be "part & parcel" of the game Crazy
By:
olddesperado
When: 16 Nov 14 13:13
other way around bud,
Theres always a few want to buy drink for the "celebs"
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 16 Nov 14 13:19
OD - I was taking the piss...referring to the punching of the board Laugh
By:
olddesperado
When: 16 Nov 14 13:48