Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DartsnBooze
30 Jun 14 08:13
| Topic/replies: 15,268 | Blogger: DartsnBooze's blog
First Round Draw & Tournament Bracket - Best of 19 Legs

1st Quarter - Top Half of Draw
Michael van Gerwen 1/9 v Steve Beaton 5/1
Ian White 8/11 v Terry Jenkins 11/10
Andy Hamilton 2/7 v Wayne Jones 11/4
Dave Chisnall 1/2 v Dean Winstanley 13/8

2nd Quarter
James Wade 1/8 v Andy Smith 5/1
Brendan Dolan 2/5 v Richie Burnett 15/8
Simon Whitlock 2/7 v Kevin Painter 11/4
Raymond van Barneveld 2/7 v Vincent van der Voort 5/2

3rd Quarter - Bottom Half of Draw
Phil Taylor 1/16 v Darren Webster 15/2
Justin Pipe 11/10 v Michael Smith 8/11
Robert Thornton 1/2 v Paul Nicholson 13/8
Wes Newton 8/15 v Ronnie Baxter 6/4

4th Quarter
Peter Wright 8/13 v Stephen Bunting 5/4
Gary Anderson 4/9 v Jamie Caven 7/4
Adrian Lewis 1/7 v Andrew Gilding 9/2
Mervyn King 11/10 v Kim Huybrechts 8/11

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 36  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 36 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,426
By:
onehundredandeighty
When: 30 Jun 14 12:13
Looks good,some money making opportunities there.Im going on the Monday Grin
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 02 Jul 14 10:26
Maximum man, hope you get to see one of these magical moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjkuEu3x6vw

I went this day and mvg got pushed all the way by Beaton.
Steve's reaction/persona shows why he's still in such demand on the exhibition circuit.

18 nights to go Grin
By:
onehundredandeighty
When: 02 Jul 14 17:27
Got these games

Peter Wright v Stephen Bunting..........Mervyn King V Kim Huybrechts ..........Adrian Lewis v Andrew Gilding and Gary Anderson v Jamie Caven
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 02 Jul 14 18:33
You've got the group of death 4th quarter line up.
4 crackers there, and you get to see Odd ball up close Grin
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 10 Jul 14 19:48
havent been following any of the non televised darts results, how the hell is richie burnett 15/8 against brendan dolan?? surely this more like a 5/6 the pair match??
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 10 Jul 14 23:02
Grant,

Richie (one of my all time fav players) may be worth a punt at the price in what could be a decent trade opportunity in running?

Both are serial swervers for me. I'd squiggle the pair of them as there's no telling what either will do on tv. My fear for Richie is that Dolan will completely strangle the game with his slow pace and drag pot noodle into a mid 80's average struggle which could be enough to get him (the history maker) over the line. However, the head to head stats kind of squash that theory and this will be their first meeting on tv.

Head to head - Burnett leads Dolan 5-3.

Not a match i'll be playing in but i'll still be cheering for Richie Love
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 12 Jul 14 13:21
Good to hear Dr Rod inventing new markets for the Matchplay
By:
Howdi
When: 12 Jul 14 18:04
Dolan in v. good form from what I have seen of late.
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 14 Jul 14 19:37
Where is everyone? The matchplay starts this saturday.
Has no one got any thoughts/views/opinions on the event or any of the 32 players?

In form players?
Anyone out of form?
The usual suspects?
The also rans?

Any funny stories of times spent at the winter gardens in the cesspit of extreme heat n warm beer?

Anecdotes of utter nonsense...anything?

This is the biggest and best Darts tournament outside the World Champs.
Is anyone out there? Laugh

Both Wade's and Wright's pricing have taken a good trimming in the outright market with the bookies and the exchanges following yesterday's Euro event. Wade's come into form at the perfect time and looks a decent prospect for a good run (proving he doesn't lose the plot).

Seems to me the bookies have been slow to react to both players recent progression.
Whilst Wright's in the group of death, Wade's passage to the 1/4's looks more likely.

C'mon fellow lefty Love

The Big 2?

MVG (9/4) pulled out of an event last month (alleged recurrance of his ankle injury sustained earlier in the year) and has since been turned over in the last two euro events.
On Saturday Jamie Caven beat him fair and square with a brilliant 107+ average.
Prior to that he lost to fellow Dutchman Benito van de Pas.

Taylor (4.9) is the biggest price he's been to win a tourny in 20 years? A shade under 4/1!
Given that he couldn't of hand picked his 1/4 group (if given the choice) it's a dream draw.
Whilst he's looked vulnerable in lots of patches this year, a chunk of his matches have still exceeded a 100+ average. A mid 90's could be enough to see the Power off and Webster could be the man to do it.

If the Taylor who lost to Aden Kirk turns up against Darren Webster there's no doubt he will lose. Webster's current match price 10/1!
No market for Webster's average but Taylor's is Under/Over 99.5 11/13 each of 2 bw.

So, what of the opening 4 matches?
I know you're itching to post...

Sat 19th July - 7:00pm - First Round - Best of 19 Legs.

Ian White v Terry Jenkins
Simon Whitlock v Kevin Painter
Michael Van Gerwen v Steve Beaton
James Wade v Andy Smith

Must win by 2 clear legs unless it goes 12-12, where a sudden death leg will be played*, with the player who threw 1st in Leg 1 throwing first in the deciding leg (IE No nearest to the bullseye)

*Keep this in mind when betting in any Totals/Overs/Unders Markets.
By:
Howdi
When: 15 Jul 14 21:37
if you look at the winner in the past 6 years. Phil's price looks mighty tasty Grin
By:
King Cally
When: 16 Jul 14 09:24
Yep, Taylor has managed to keep winning this one whilst his grip elsewhere has slipped. This could be the final turning point for Taylor. If he flunks here it really could be the end. Then again he could hit 5 105+ averages and win in a canter. A very interesting tournament.

My bet is Wade. Rock solid current form, rock solid tournament form, a pretty good draw, and a point to prove.
By:
Howdi
When: 16 Jul 14 12:31
good post cally.
By:
Gibberish
When: 16 Jul 14 15:27
Looks like Cally's right about Wade's draw...he couldn't have picked a kinder one for himself!
The winner of Dolan/Burnett is a dream draw for a last 16 match if/when he despatches Andy Smith.
He's always seemed to have had the luck of the draw and I would've though that with him slipping down the rankings, such good fortune would've deserted him by now - his form in general has been very in & out for years but he's still hanging on the coattails of the big guns...look at how Anderson, Barney & Webster have plummeted in the weights after a loss of form, though Gary's bounced back recently after being out of the top 16.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_World_Matchplay_(darts)

How Smith keeps making the televised stages of these big tournaments is a mystery for Arthur C.Clarke...he goes out in the first round every time!
He always seems to be hovering in the top 32 whilst quite a few better players in my opinion (who'd definitely be odds-on to beat him) are languishing below him in the rankings.

As for Wade...he can fight like a rabid badger and needs to be scraped off the oche but I firmly believe if he runs into the powerhouse form the likes of Taylor, MVG & Lewis sometimes deliver, then he CAN'T win a proper tournament (he'll have to beat two of them) as despite his qualities, his overall game is just not good enough.

That said, he's probably bouncing at the moment as he was noticeably JUBILANT after winning a floor comp recently and as ever he can be very dangerous without showing any decent form so I wouldn't consider laying him at a big price.

Despite hating so much about him and his game, I can't help but admire the tenacity he shows when it's REALLY needed.
Though he's way behind many players in most aspects of the game in my view, not even Taylor can match his pressure finishing.
He's a magician sometimes at the most crucial moments & he's the Houdini of darts.

When you watch Wade creeping through the rounds, you say to yourself how can he possibly challenge one of the elite in the forthcoming rounds with such inconsistency & 90 averages, but he DOES!

It's a bit like when Taylor looks to be playing his 'B' game yet he's still hitting 104/5/6 averages...some things are tough to fathom even when you're keeping a close eye on a game.

At his best he's like a grinding Giant's Causeway up against the class & acceleration of something like Frankel (Taylor, MVG & Lewis) and that battling spirit always gives him a squeak.
By:
King Cally
When: 16 Jul 14 16:11
Some fair points Gibberish, but there is no Frankel atm. You are right about Wade and his pressure doubling. That is why his averages are less important than many. But his scoring could be on the up and if he can put his focus into more legs than he has in the past he could have a blinder.
By:
onehundredandeighty
When: 16 Jul 14 18:52
Right my round one predictions

Ian White v Terry Jenkins
Gotta say i really am going to get stuck into Tezza at 11/10 so come the finish of the first game up i could well be crying more then happy to have a go.Nothing against the diamond i just fancy Terry to do the biz and am having a right poke Shocked

Simon Whitlock v Kevin Painter
Should be a great game to watch and at the current odds of nearly 5/2 i reckon Kevs worth a small bet to potentially lay off if needs be but wont be heavily involved as i reckon this could go either way

MVG v Steve Beaton
Love the adonis and is a top gent,however it will be a major shock if Michael does not progress so MVG win

James Wade v Andy Smith
Agree with what most have said above and as mentioned,the Pieman struggles to get past the first round and so on that basis and Wadeies form then a win for James looks most likely

Dave Chisnall v Dean Winstanley
Could be a cracker if Chizzy starts fluffing his doubles and Deano turns up but will have to stay loyal to a Chizzy win

Brendan Dolan v Richie Burnett
This game wont be everyones cup of tea but for me the first 2 legs are crucial.Richie always starts having a paddy with himself if he gets behind and thus is why its crucial but from a punting point of view no bet,however if forced i would side with Richie as the outsider in what i see as alot closer game then the odds suggest

Robert Thornton v Paul Nicholson
I would dearly love to see Nicho do something at long last but i tend to guess that he over thinks things and let it get to him far too often.I have long been a fan of Robert tho and think he will prevail and not only that but if there is a first round market for 180s then the scot will be carrying some of my dosh

Andy Hamilton v Wayne Jones
Without being disrectful to Wayne i expect the Hammer to do the biz in fairly straightforward style

Justin Pipe v Michael Smith
What a game this could turn out to be.The force will play his own game as ever but will that get to Bullyboy and not let him get into any rhythem??? im saying yes and so Justin gets the vote

Wes Newton v Ronnie Baxter
Local Derby will have the place bouncing Cool a game im going to watch and enjoy with no involvement as i love um both!!!

Phil Taylor v Darren Webster
I do think everyone will be shocked if Phil fails to get through but hope Darren nicks a few legs

RVB v VVDV
No holes barred in this game but i dont think Vincent has been in anywhere near the type of form he would need to be to trouble Raymond and so it's the first named with a confident selection

MONDAY NIGHT......im going Grin
Peter Wright v Stephen Bunting
8/11 Peter Wright is absolutely buying money and i suggest you all go fill yer boots.im not a big fan of odds on punting but when an opportunity like this presents itself then Chhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggeeeee

Mervyn King v Kim Huybrechts
Not really sure what kind of form Merv is in and must admit when i first saw the draw i thought Kim would win easy.However its folly to right the King off and an overs legs game is what i'll be looking at with Kim just winning

Adrian Lewis v Andrew Gilding
Jackpot hasn't been flying at all recently but he will have too much for Andrew who is a fantastic player but experience of this venue and tourney wins Adie the races

Gary Anderson v Jamie Caven
Gary is going to have to play exceptionally well to shake Jabba off but the scot seems to be in decent form and is taken to progress but 3 or 4 legs.

Conclusion
Win Singles on Terry Jenkins and Peter Wright and a 6 timer on Terry Jenkins,RVB,Peter Wright,Kim Huybrechts,Adie Lewis and Gary Anderson

Good luck and enjoy HappyCoolSilly
By:
Howdi
When: 16 Jul 14 21:20
cheers ^^^^
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 16 Jul 14 22:32
Gibberish. It wasn't a floor event Wade won. It was this one Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArKhdac1RiU
By:
Gibberish
When: 16 Jul 14 23:41
That'd explain why he was so unduly gleeful Mischief
He was surprisingly overwhelmed in his post-match interview.
By:
Gibberish
When: 16 Jul 14 23:41
That'd explain why he was so unduly gleeful Mischief
He was surprisingly overwhelmed in his post-match interview.
By:
Gibberish
When: 17 Jul 14 16:19
Just managed to get £200 on Ronnie Baxter at a huge 11/4 with Sky to hit more 180s than Wes Newton, as it was a general 13/8 chance.
I did ask for £300 (initially only £181.82 was accepted) and so I phoned to ask could they oblige with the rest of it I'd just deposited - during the ensuing enquiry, they've now scythed those odds to 15/8 which is still the best price available....and they rounded up my bet to a straight £200.

Baxter's not one to trust so I may well be running away from that bet but at that price I can't lose.
If memory serves, Ronnie usually plays well at Blackpool but when the money's down on a 'Timeform Squiggler' like him, it's best to be prudent.
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 17 Jul 14 16:58
Well spotted G. Thanks for the heads up Devil
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 17 Jul 14 19:41
As a warm up to the Matchplay I just wizzed through last year's semi's and final Grin

taylor/wade/lewis/mvg - Who's gonna stop these 4 this year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcqbApKTNXc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdcNkLf3IqI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQjiZqQ9iBQ
By:
nobbybarnesranoverthewrongtrip
When: 18 Jul 14 07:34
I went to last years final as a guest of VC Bet. They did a 100% book on the final and went 11/4 on Lewis when he was 3.30 on here. I had £15000 on him with VC and layed it off on here. When i stopped off at the services on the way home the next morning i checked my e mails only to find that my VC account had been closed. Any way i'm on Chissy small at 80 and 90, a massive price.
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 18 Jul 14 10:13
Guest of vic's in one hand...closed account in the other.
Sounds like you more than exploited his hospitality Devil

P.S. Hope he paid up Nobby?
By:
When: 18 Jul 14 11:47
After the 15k loser it didn't leave much, but yes they paid up.
It was unbelievably hot there last year and they wouldn't put the air con on in case it affected the flight of the darts.
I would have hated to be the a rse end of a pantomime horse that night.
A good venue but just like Lakeside it needs a good lick of paint when you get close up.
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 18 Jul 14 15:31
I'm sure the good folks on the forum think there's nothing to throwing a dart, (in normal circumstances maybe) but try being in a sauna and doing the simplest of tasks - I dare ya.

Feck that springs to mind!

The Wade train is rammed to the max with every man and his dog onboard, like your average Indian train Laugh

http://worldsupertravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/overloaded-train-india-34523.jpg

Bets are on, positions are covered, now it's a case of thumb twiddling until 7pm tomorrow night...Exciting times ahead...Can't wait Grin
By:
Toto82
When: 18 Jul 14 20:03
Andy Smith up last tomorrow night, cant see him coping well in the heat!
By:
When: 19 Jul 14 08:10
will there be a nine darter?

whats happened to my beloved 170 checkout market?
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 19 Jul 14 11:53
Baldy going 5/1 mvg to win matchplay for new accounts only. Max stake £25.

Toto, he'll be fine after a visit to the pleasure beach.
A ride on voddy oblivion should set him right.

Nobby, I'm on 3 or more 9 darters @ 33/1, and total 170 checkouts - NONE @ 8/1.
Both with your mate vic Devil

Wade up to 4th fav in outright market. Could green up for a big profit but riding this baby all the way. C'mon fellow lefty Love
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 19 Jul 14 18:06
Ian White v Terry Jenkins:
This looks the perfect opening match to get the Matchplay underway.
Two dogged players with a similar steely resistance, and not much to choose between them. Could we even see a sudden death 25th leg?

There is one solid bet I like tonight - White's total 180's.
The general bookies spread is Under/Over 4.5. Whilst I wouldn't put anyone off backing Over 4.5 @ 11/10 gen, Sporting's spread is only 3.5 so i'll be erring on the safe side, (more so as it's the first round) albeit at shorter odds.

I've had several other bets but one is plenty enough for Day 1.

White's Total 180's - OVER 3.5 @ 3/5 sporting 2pts.

Good luck everyone Love

Here's to another profitable tourny and I look forward to seeing many of you original posters of the darts forum making more than a brief appearance with your usual laugh out loud quips in play. And not forgetting the many jokers on rant alert as "their player" misses a double or two? It happens to be part of our great game!

To quote James Dean Bradfield "May your gods be with you" - Game On! Grin
By:
happyhibee
When: 19 Jul 14 18:08
Think we might get a shock winner this week. Bunting fairly priced to do the biz
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 19 Jul 14 18:12
Feck me! Evening HH Grin
By:
happyhibee
When: 19 Jul 14 18:13
Evening mate looks like it could be me and you tonight
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 19 Jul 14 18:17
Brissy has gone for Wade and Thornton in the Outrights.
Mardle is on Michael Smith.

The atmosphere sounds amazing on my system - Love it!
Enjoy the darts and your in play forum banter....i'll be glued to the arrers Silly
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 19 Jul 14 18:18
Just you Hibbeeeee hahaha   enjoy it mate!
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 19 Jul 14 18:19
White 180 first 3 darts Laugh
By:
happyhibee
When: 19 Jul 14 18:23
Average match this jesus
By:
onehundredandeighty
When: 19 Jul 14 18:29
Bloody Nora this is breathtaking