Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happyhibee
15 Dec 13 14:55
| Topic/replies: 33,262 | Blogger: happyhibee's blog
Strange old day yesterday with 2 x 9 darters but both players losing but the tournament has started off really well in my view. Some interesting looking games tonight as well so hopefully some decent bets to be had Happy

Dave Chisnall v John Henderson:

First game of the day could be a complete 180 fest as both players are capable of mullering the treble bed. Chisnall has had a bit of an up and down year but did make the grand prix final in Ireland and will be looking for a good run here to maybe force his way into the premier league. If his usual game applies we'll see lots of heavy scoring and lots of missed doubles but he's always entertaining. Henderson has seemingly had a bad injury and was fearing for his career but now thinks he's over his issues. Again he's a very heavy scorer and given how many he could hit in the BDO he should have a field day on the PDC board. The max line is set at 8.5 and the only way I can't see this being covered is if Chisnall somehow runs away with this. Given his penchant for missing doubles though I cannot see that happening.

Recommendation: 1pt win over 8.5 maxes @ 5/6 (365)

Dennis Lindskjold v Colin Osborne:

Tonight's prelim features danish qualifier Lindskjold v late replacement Osborne. I must confess to knowing not a lot about the dane but on the whole the qualifiers have performed pretty well and in a best of 7 he must have a chance v a woeful Osborne. Ossie was meant to miss out but due to visa problems for one of the players he got a late reprieve but whether it helps him remains to be seen. I believe the dane was 7/1 early which was enormous and even at 7/2 he might be a bit big as Ossie really is only going 1 way. I missed the early prices though so happy to let the regulars bet the rag again Happy

Recommendation: No Bet

Ray Barneveld v Jamie Lewis:

Barney opens up with a R1 match v welsh player Jamie Lewis. Barney is a complete enigma and could average anything between 110 and 85 tonight. He did play tremendously in R1 last year though so maybe he's best early on. Lewis is a player with a bit of a reputation for hitting maxes but the limited times I've seen him on tv I wasn't convinced as he has a very unorthodox action. Was looking to maybe support Barney on the maxes but I have a nagging doubt about his attitude and also feel this might be a 1.01 train from early on so going to watch and maybe play in running.

Brendan Dolan v winning qualifier:

If Osborne wins the qualifier I might go and put needles in my eyes as the prospect of him v Dolan sounds like an absolute nightmare to me. I don't have a view but lets hope the dane is here and I might play him at large odds to beat the dreadfully average Dolan.

Jamie Caven v Jelle Klaasen:

Last game of the evening should be a quick fire affair as both players like to get on with things. Caven is definitely in the category of better on the floor than TV and I have a theory that he's always better when on in the afternoon or early evening. Not sure how well he will cope with being last up but will find out I suppose. Klaasen has actually did well to get back up the rankings from where he was after his layoff for off the oche activities but the twice I've seen him since his throwing action has got even more unpredictable. I think Caven will win but odds look right so hopefully just enjoy an entertaining match.

Summary: 1 bet in the opener that hopefully cops but some very good looking matches (+ Dolan) to enjoy tonight. Best of luck to all punting and all views and banter as always is welcome.
HH Happy

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 15  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 15 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 588
By:
the silverback
When: 15 Dec 13 15:12
Lindskjold's a must bet HH.

He beat Haavisto, Komula and Caris in qualifying which is all you need to know to confirm he's way too big a price.
By:
happyhibee
When: 15 Dec 13 15:13
Plus Ossie is gash
By:
the silverback
When: 15 Dec 13 15:15
Can't agree with that. Gash is considerably too complimentary.
By:
happyhibee
When: 15 Dec 13 15:17
I just pray it aint him v Dolan 3 sets could take 2 hours
By:
the silverback
When: 15 Dec 13 15:18
And Scandinavians are a barrel of laughs to watch
By:
happyhibee
When: 15 Dec 13 15:42
So we aint watching whoever Dolan plays then?? Laugh
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 15 Dec 13 16:31
HH/Silver - where do you guys find info on obscure players?

Haavisto's a handy player so if Lindskjold can get the better of him, then Osborne (next up Dolan) is a dream draw for him if he's has any ambitions to shoot up the rankings.

If he's any good I'd fancy taking a price about him upsetting Gary Anderson in the last 32 as he's vulnerable against anyone!

As I said...for an unknown he has a draw that must've lit up his boat.

PS - any other fools like me that took the Anderson bait yet again last night on the maxes?
For the umpteenth time, the bookie's best mate failed by just one to hit a measly line of 3.5 (I thought 4/5 was a gift) because his uncharacteristic doubling kept the sets down to the minimum of three Cry
By:
happyhibee
When: 15 Dec 13 16:42
Silverback can probably help you more than me on that NG.
By:
the silverback
When: 15 Dec 13 17:00
Googling their names never harmed anyone
By:
happyhibee
When: 15 Dec 13 17:03
Thats usually what I do but that seems slightly obvious  Silly
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 15 Dec 13 17:04
Grin I never thought of that Blush

Did you guys chomp on the Anderson cheese like me?
That trap snapped shut on my neck Cry
By:
the silverback
When: 15 Dec 13 17:05
He's a big lad. That stage had better have some good support, going to be seriously tested tonight.
By:
jimmy two times
When: 15 Dec 13 18:22
disagree about dolan bein average, adrian lewis reckons hes the most underrated player on the tour
By:
deansthemann
When: 15 Dec 13 18:38
dolan has got bottle when under pressure to hit a double - the problem is his scoring is either poor, very poor or very very poor before he gets himself down to a double
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 15 Dec 13 18:41
JTT - he's a very under-rated finisher and it's uncanny to regularly see his first dart at the double an inch or so away, before he nails it with the second.

Even his biggest fans couldn't accuse him of being a proper scorer...he just seems to hang in games like a poor man's Wade and he's nearly as deadly at closing them out.
By:
the silverback
When: 15 Dec 13 19:09
most gratuitous arse shot ever!
By:
laynplay
When: 15 Dec 13 19:13
Dolan is just inconsistent...used to oppose him when he was fav...not as bullish now...solid doubler when on his game.
By:
Lori
When: 15 Dec 13 19:14
Is this Sky's ramp for the year, Henderson with a dodgy arm.

Still remember Whitlock on crutches haha
By:
the silverback
When: 15 Dec 13 19:15
I missed what they said, were they talking about this year? Seem to remember he had a problem before
By:
Lori
When: 15 Dec 13 19:17
Yeah one of the genius pundits said he had a dodgy arm and someone replied he'd had it for ages.
By:
happyhibee
When: 15 Dec 13 19:17
He had a problem but he was in the paper this week saying its all sorted and hes throwing well.

Then Dave says Hendo is injured?
By:
the silverback
When: 15 Dec 13 19:18
I was thinking more about the Barbero lookalike and had a flashback to Barney's old manager Ed!
By:
happyhibee
When: 15 Dec 13 19:18
Loved a pink shirt did Ed
By:
the silverback
When: 15 Dec 13 19:19
couldn't find a picture online. did he look anything like Barbero?
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 15 Dec 13 19:19
I told my mate that Henderson was a cert at 4/7 to hit three maxes and 4 was very likely at 11/8 - that's glum news about his throwing arm injury Cry
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 15 Dec 13 19:20
oops Blush
By:
the silverback
he looks buggered
By:
happyhibee
Yeah toiling with a bad arm 5 trebles from 6 darts
By:
the silverback
****. Pearson
By:
happyhibee
I never saw barbero mate so couldn't comment?
By:
the silverback
When: 15 Dec 13 19:21
pressure
By:
Navel-Gazer
Maybe he should sabotage himself more often...180, 140 & 100 first three throws
By:
happyhibee
PRESSURE!!!

STFU you utter utter twunt!
By:
MC Roller
When: 15 Dec 13 19:22
The darts was much better without shouty pressure man.
By:
MC Roller
When: 15 Dec 13 19:23
It was something special without him.
By:
the silverback
Good to see Part getting more and more exposure
By:
happyhibee
2nd max

What a player Mark Holden was?? Really did he win a few majors that I missed?
By:
Lori
When: 15 Dec 13 19:24
That's it, ED.
By:
happyhibee
When: 15 Dec 13 19:24
3rd max
Page 1 of 15  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 15 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page