Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happyhibee
21 Dec 12 22:32
| Topic/replies: 33,262 | Blogger: happyhibee's blog
Going to stick all the matches on 1 thread as opposed to the afternoon and evening like Friday. There seems to be a bit of confusion on running order between Oddschecker and PDC Website so I'm going with the official site and hoping its right Happy

Kevin Painter v Ronnie Baxter:

R1 - Painter bt Leung Chun Nam 3-0
Ave: 94.97
180's: 4
HC: 160
CO %: 53%

Baxter bt Dennis Priestley 3-1
Ave: 88.72
180's: 3
HC: 89
CO %: 26%

Opening match of the day sees one of my favourite players Painter take on the veteran Ronnie Baxter. Painter had a virtual bye in the first round but played well under very little pressure. I don't think we'll ever see him contest world finals again but still a hard man to beat when he's on his game. Baxter is the one player who I never get right and he's so frustrating. Even in his win v Priestley he went from playing brilliantly to horrendously and he was lucky the match never went into a deciding set as it turned out. Painter marginal fav is probably about right but try as I may I can't dig out a bet in this match.

Recommendation: No Bet

Mark Webster v Colin Lloyd:

R1 - Webster bt Ian White 3-1
Ave: 97
180's: 7
HC: 145
CO%: 38%

Lloyd bt Darin Young 3-2
Ave: 94.22
180's: 5
HC: 124
CO%: 52%

Webster is a player who I have a lot of time for since backing him to win the lakeside after a tip from a friend off the forum (Cheers Callataxi!) I think he's got a lovely throw and seems a nice lad and I'd love to see him do really well. He has however had an awful season which is why his fantastic performance in the first round came as a huge shock. The question now is can he follow it up but he does have the pedigree so he may. Lloyd came through a real battle v Young in R1 and actually averaged more than I thought. He was very patchy but when the time came to dig in he came through and out the other end. The small bet I like here is the high check market as I expect this to go 6 sets minimum and both are very capable of high outshots. Webster hit a 145 in the 4th set of his opener which was pure class and I think this bet will cop for us here too.

Recommendation: 1pt win Over 130.5 HC @ 5/6 (general)

Raymond Barneveld v Brendan Dolan:

R1 - Barney bt Michael Smith 3-0
Ave: 108.31
180's: 8
HC: 121
CO%: 75%

Dolan bt Mark Jones 3-0
Ave: 92.98
180's: 3
HC: 120
CO%: 50%

Final match of the afternoon sees 2 players fresh off whitewashes in R1. Barney was brilliant and had the highest average and best doubling % of the whole first round. He looks like he has a lot of confidence since his GSOD win and maybe he can go deep in this tournament for the first time in too long. Dolan is one of those players who isn't flashy and seems to drag opponents down to his level but he does finish well which wins him a lot of matches. He played ok in R1 but was under very little pressure and this is going to be a totally different test. Barney is playing ever so well and I fancy he might just go pillar to post here. What tempers my enthusiasm for a punt is just the fact Dolan always seems to stay in matches and drag his opponents into an armwrestle. As such I'll be watching and hoping Dolan can win to give my Anderson outright bet a better chance Grin

Recommendation: No bet

Wes Newton v Scott Rand:

R1 - Newton bt Johnny Haines 3-0
Ave: 86.9
180's: 0
HC: 135
CO%: 31%

Rand bt Kim Huybrechts 3-2
Ave: 97.82
180's: 2
HC: 104
CO%: 43%

Opening match of the night sees Wes Newton take on the super confident Rand. Newton did not play well in his R1 win and I'm not sure if he's putting extra pressure on himself to try and get in the PL. The commentators said he is struggling with a shoulder injury but I'm not sure how bad it actually is. Rand seemed to infuriate many on here with his facial expressions but ignoring that you can see he is a very good player. Doesnt throw many loose darts and I like the way he finishes too. He played well in R1 last year too then played very poorly in losing to Lloyd so not sure what to expect. Just because I think Newton is there to be beaten I'm going to have a small bet on Rand who is no more than fairly priced.

Recommendation: 1pt win Scott Rand @ 13/8 (fred)

Simon Whitlock v Colin Osborne:

R1 - Whitlock bt Haruki Muramatsu 3-0
Ave: 95.5
HC: 116
CO%: 41%

Osborne bt Lourence Ilagan 3-0
Ave: 94.51
HC: 164
CO%: 50%

Another match pitting 2 players fresh off the back of whitewashes against each other. Whitlock easily overcame the japanese qualifier Muramatsu and Osborne played his best darts on tv in 18 months to bt Ilagan. Whitlock is justifiably a short price here and I cant see Ossie troubling him in a race to 4. I think he can win a set or two though but for a bet here I'm going back to the high check market. Whitlock is in my view the King of the big outs probably helped by the fact he seems to leave himself a lot of them in every match. Osborne also had a 164 out in his R1 win at a vital time and he can also hit them when chances present themselves. Fingers crossed it comes in nice and early for us and we can sit back and enjoy the rest of the match.

Recommendation: 2pts win over 130.5 HC @ 10/11 (fred)

Adrian Lewis v Denis Ovens:

R1 - Lewis bt Gino Vos 3-1
Ave: 83.31
180's: 5
HC: 120
CO%: 26%

Ovens bt Max Hopp 3-2
Ave: 81.71
HC: 91
CO%: 43%

The last game of the day sees the winner from 2011 & 2012 take on the legend that is Captain Hobo. Lewis has played really poorly all year and could easily have gone out in the first round due to his poor play. He's throwing so many bad darts and missing doubles and I honestly think he's there for the taking this week. Unfortunately I don't think Ovens is the man for the job as he was also lucky to beat the german teenager Hopp in R1. His pace may trouble Lewis but I cannot see a thriller here due to both of them being below par. Don't fancy a thing in this due to the many doubts surrounding Lewis and again hopefully one of the short priced favs for the tourney goes out and helps my outright fancies Happy

Recommendation: No Bet

Summary: 2 more checkout bets attract me tomorrow as well as an outsider in Rand who can hopefully do better than he did in the second round here last year. If any of the regulars think I've missed a bet or fancy sharing their thoughts then its welcome as always as is the usual chat and banter as the day goes on.

Best of luck to all who are punting and see you here again tomorrow Happy
HH

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 20  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 20 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 799
By:
RichyH
When: 21 Dec 12 22:39
Won't be on here much if at all until Thursday night, off th emissus folks for Chrimbo but will be checking in here when I can.Good luck and Merry Christmas to the forum Regulars
By:
happyhibee
When: 21 Dec 12 22:41
same to you Richy have a good un
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 21 Dec 12 22:43
It'd be interesting to know the extent of Newton's shoulder injury as he was a bit lack-lustre the other day.
The characterless Rand looks like he can give him a bit of trouble (as he's more than useful) and his antics might get on Newton's tits - he doesn't seem the most tolerant player on the circuit.

FWIW...I think Webster will demolish Lloyd, who for an eternity seems only able to rustle up a 10/15 minute purple patch before reverting to type.
By:
woolwellgreen
When: 21 Dec 12 22:55
I agree with you with Rand, looks the bet of the day to me
By:
marychain1
When: 22 Dec 12 06:46
Im on Wes for the outright but no bet on that match. Its not original but im going to roll up Painter, Webster and Barney.
By:
charwell.
When: 22 Dec 12 10:27
Great write up Hibby.

Annoying as I only place bets on here but no checkout markets? Sure previously had these as like you I fancy high checkouts to kop in the games mentioned.

I fancy Baxter to win his match and Newton in his as the other best bets.
By:
happyhibee
When: 22 Dec 12 10:34
Think they might add them for the last 16 mate as they definitely did last year. They also dont have individual 180 totals which were definitely available last year
By:
treble
When: 22 Dec 12 10:49
Great write up as usual.

Personally, I fancy a big checkout in the Barney-Dolan game as well. Both are well capable. Might have a double with the Webby-Lloyd checkout at a touch over 5/2.
By:
scarecrow
When: 22 Dec 12 11:29
painter to beat baxter for me 8/11ish more than a fair price for the consistant painter,who with a years premiership darts behind him is more than used to the big stage and playing better players than baxter is these days.
By:
Lori
When: 22 Dec 12 11:39
Looks better on paper than yesterday, which means it'll be crap.
By:
happyhibee
When: 22 Dec 12 11:51
Would like to see Painter win just due to the fact I always lose on Baxter matches so happy to see him out
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 22 Dec 12 11:51
Think lloyd in the 2nd game might struggle to come back and produce again like other night
By:
happyhibee
When: 22 Dec 12 11:52
I think the same of Webster tho Steppy
By:
laynplay
When: 22 Dec 12 11:53
Ronnie never bottles it says rod harrington...Happy
By:
GoldCupWinner
When: 22 Dec 12 11:59
Would fancy Painter to win this.
By:
Jimmy Commas
When: 22 Dec 12 12:00
any live stream available please? not found one yet :(
By:
happyhibee
When: 22 Dec 12 12:01
Think you can watch it on the laddies website?
By:
GoldCupWinner
When: 22 Dec 12 12:01
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/darts.html
By:
Jimmy Commas
When: 22 Dec 12 12:02
OK will check ty
By:
scarecrow
When: 22 Dec 12 12:02
baxter smirking already.
By:
GoldCupWinner
When: 22 Dec 12 12:04
2nd link wins just need to close loads of adverts!
By:
Jimmy Commas
When: 22 Dec 12 12:06
Thanks GoldCupWinner but as happhibee pointed out it`s on Ladbrokes website but will note that link you gave cheers
By:
GoldCupWinner
When: 22 Dec 12 12:08
No worries. That site has every football match on too so it's worth saving. Think it has every sport.
By:
Lori
When: 22 Dec 12 12:09
Is there something else on? Liquidity is horrible
By:
happyhibee
When: 22 Dec 12 12:09
Just a saturday afternoon Lori. Competing with horses, live football and the 20/20
By:
Lori
When: 22 Dec 12 12:10
Ah didn't know there was footy Scared
By:
happyhibee
When: 22 Dec 12 12:11
Yeah mate Wigan v Arsenal on
By:
Lori
When: 22 Dec 12 12:11
Earliest boring tables chant ever?

Thanks. For some reason I thought they'd stopped showing Saturday footy, shows how I'm living on the cutting edge.
By:
alun2005
When: 22 Dec 12 12:12
Lori....... off-topic..... I sent one of those Instant Message things through to your Forum Inbox late last night re: a query you made.
By:
alun2005
When: 22 Dec 12 12:13
Are we looking at a routine 4-0 home win for King Kev here?
By:
alun2005
When: 22 Dec 12 12:13
erm, no
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 22 Dec 12 12:14
Just turned one o'clock and those turds in the audience are off already...I can't be arsed listening to that shíte for around 10 hours today! Cry

To the same 'tune' as their 'tables' anthem...sing along with 'boring boring bastards' instead - it works for me Wink
By:
Lori
When: 22 Dec 12 12:15
Cheers alun, will go take a look
By:
Lori
When: 22 Dec 12 12:17
Awesome stuff cheers, looks a good read
By:
spiller1
When: 22 Dec 12 12:19
Afters all

Muttley Love
Baxter Love
By:
pauliow
When: 22 Dec 12 12:24
Yes good afternoon gents. Have managed to get out of the shopping this afternoon as I'm taking her out tonight, but that means no darts for me tonight [:sad:
By:
alun2005
When: 22 Dec 12 12:25
Let's all hope that Cattermole has been given a day off from the racing to come and see his boy Kev playing as majestically as this.
By:
pauliow
When: 22 Dec 12 12:25
Sad
By:
Lori
When: 22 Dec 12 12:26
Always think Baxter's action looks like he's trying to bowl leg spin or something
Page 1 of 20  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 20 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com