Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happyhibee
19 Dec 12 19:59
| Topic/replies: 33,262 | Blogger: happyhibee's blog
Final night of the first round matches sees a couple of decent looking matches. I won't be in to see them but hopefully they live up to the promise.

Mark Walsh v Darren Webster:

Opening match sees Walsh take on The Sniper Darren Webster. (I'm guessing they won't be using that nickname tomorrow). Walsh is one of these players that is capable of some streaky legs but always seems to flatter to deceive. He's playing against a former world quarter finalist but that was in 2007 and he's not made it back here since then. No real opinion on this Walsh is obviously favourite but Webster can throw and if he plays well he can definitely push Special Brew.

Recommendation: No Bet

Paul Lim v Mohd Latif Sapup:

Last qualifier sees the first man ever to hit a 9 darter at the worlds take on the malaysian sapup. Lim is here as virtue of winning a soft tips event and I've no idea if he will have any form. I know nothing of this opponent though and would not risk a coin on this match.

Kim Huybrechts v Scott Rand:

Huybrechts is in my opinion the best of the players to have burst through in the last year or two. He throws at a good piece, scores heavily and finishes pretty well too. He has to get past the huge loss of his father though and its anybody's guess how he will react. Rand made his debut here last year and whitewashed Andy Smith without dropping a leg. However he then disappointed v Colin Lloyd in R2 and since then he's not had that great a season. However he has a solid throw and I think at the prices and with the doubts about Huybrechts he's worth a small bet.

Recommendation: 0.5pts win Scott Rand @ 9/4 (Coral)

Vincent Van Der Voort v Stuart Kellett:

VDV has been suffering from some health problems of late which has hindered his form. I think I'm right in saying that he's been diagnosed as being lactose intolerant which don't seem that life threatening to me but each to their own I suppose. Kellett looked to have a big future in the BDO 2 years ago but since then it looks like he has gone nowhere. I'm not sure about his attitude but he's got undoubted talent and I've bet him at fancy prices to win the whole thing. I really fancy him to win this tomorrow as the pace will suit him and VDV has done next to nothing all year.

Recommendation: 2pts win Stuart Kellett @ 11/8 (Coral)

Michael Van Gerwen v Lim/Sapup:

PDC tour's form man is the last man up in R1 and should have no issues winning this. 3-0 will be short but is sure to cop I think.

Summary: Been waiting a long time for my best fancy of R1 matches but hopefully Kellett doesn't let us down. I also fancy Rand to an extent as i just think the price is slightly too big. All the best to everyone punting and all views as welcome as ever on here from the regulars and infrequent visitors Happy
HH

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 14  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 14 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 520
By:
DONEMYLOT
When: 19 Dec 12 21:02
Excellent preview

GL
By:
Brian_Ookiebasher
When: 19 Dec 12 21:39
Great stuff once again.

Im going Tomorrow... Taking my lad along... Looks like we could be the only 2 watching the arrers.
Ill have a few quid on your 2 pokes.. but I really fancy Webster in the 1st Game.. Just cant have walsh at all

Good luck
By:
happyhibee
When: 19 Dec 12 21:40
Webster is a fair price Brian just not sure how he's gonna play after being away from the worlds for 6 years
By:
RichyH
When: 19 Dec 12 23:08
Agree with the picks, also like over 5.5 180S in VdV game.
By:
lightweight
When: 19 Dec 12 23:16
Good spot ricky I agree 4/5 on over 5 maxes in the vdv game is great bet i'll get on now it'll change. Also gonna go with kellett.
By:
tobermory
When: 19 Dec 12 23:19
Paul Lim v Mohd Latif Sapup

what price Gangnam Style?
By:
RichyH
When: 19 Dec 12 23:19

Dec 19, 2012 -- 6:16PM, lightweight wrote:

Good spot ricky I agree 4/5 on over 5 maxes in the vdv game is great bet i'll get on now it'll change. Also gonna go with kellett.

evens with bookies

By:
lightweight
When: 19 Dec 12 23:32
Sound Ricky. I reckon it's bet of the night surprised happy hasn't posted it as a bet reckon it's a 4 pt bet.
By:
The Bhoys
When: 20 Dec 12 11:30
webster can throw and i strongly fancy kellet aswell
By:
the silverback
When: 20 Dec 12 13:12
Is everyone just fancying Kellet because he played well in the BDO a couple of years ago?

(I make him fav for different reasons for what it's worth so not dissing the tip)
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 20 Dec 12 14:02
Scotty Rand has been my nap of round 1 since the draw was made. I was amazed by the opening 9/4 quote, and to see it still readily available even more so!
As i stated at the start of the tourney, both he and Huybrechts are not only in the same stable, they're practically lovers.
With kim's dad passing away, and Scott's back against the wall, there's going to be a lot of emotion on stage.

Cool hand all the way...

Scott 9/4 to beat Kim
Scott 50 to win his 1/4
Scott 550 outright

P.S. My man Heydon's been in red hot form of late, achieving the highest ever 3 dart average in the warwickshire super league (125.25) in 11,14,and 11 darts. The following week he won a comp including legs of 10 and 12 darts in the final.

Last weekend he played Scott Rand in the last 16 of a big money event. An incredible high scoring match with Scott just edging it.
Others pdc players included Jamie Caven, Johnny Haines, Dennis Smith, Mark Hylton, Prakash Jiwa, Jim Walker, Kevin McDine and Nick Fullwell.

Come on Scott Cool
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 20 Dec 12 14:33
D&B - you'd think Big Nige would have been good enough to make the last 72 here Sad
Especially after having darts to put Lewis out in round one!

He's one of many surprise omissions in this tournament...loads I've never even heard of have made it.
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 20 Dec 12 14:36
PS - well with you on Scott Rand...Kim's a false price.
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 20 Dec 12 15:31
Heydon had a rough year. First with an eye problem. (I remember Gary Anderson having one of those.) Heydon's was genuine! Then he suffered back trouble (as predicted by Dr Rod) and spent many a month on the Chiropractor's table. His form came good nearing the end of the pro tour but fell short after a poor first 6 months. Nige would have been a big threat as he's pretty fearless on a big stage, but like you say, many others missed out too, like Mark Hylton.

Apparently, if you're British you can't enter the european order of merit pro tour, but if you're european you can enter the main order of merit pro tour or european order of merit tour.

4 players:
Caris
Hendriks
Compe
Vos
all qualified to the worlds through this route but even if a brit resides in europe he still can't qualify this way.

Good work Uncle Barry Devil
By:
OGS20
When: 20 Dec 12 15:37
silverback - is it because he thrashed John Bowles 5-1 not long back?

The match is a genuine 10/11 each of two. Have to bet Kellet at the prices. Don't know why RP guy fancies VDV for.
By:
happyhibee
When: 20 Dec 12 15:51
Silverback I fancy Kellett for 2 reasons mate and nothing to do with hs form in the BDO 2 years ago. Firstly he came through the qualifier and won it which is decent form and shows he is in good recent form. Secondly I think he'll like the quick pace that VDV throws at as from memory he doesn't hang about himself.

Throw in the fact that Vince is not in good form at all and I think Kellett is a really decent bet Happy

As for the RP preview today I've never heard of the guy who did it and I think it was one of the worst articles they've ever published
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 20 Dec 12 15:59
I think VVDV is ALWAYS beatable as he's like many of the top 32 who are consistently inconsistent, can beat ANYONE on a good day, but can just as easily blow straightforward opportunities against lesser players.

Nicholson, Burnett, Part, Baxter, Lloyd & Beaton to name half a dozen who should NEVER be touched at long odds on as they're capable of imploding and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 20 Dec 12 16:12
I'm dribbling with excitement over Scott Rand Love

Scott averaged 94.59 to beat andy smith 3-0 in his first round (worlds debut) then lost in 2nd round to colin lloyd with a 93 average so he's got the balls for the ally pally stage. He gave up his day job to sign with target darts and turn full pro and was ultra keen to play exhibitions but his sponsors demanded too much money and venues wouldn't pay it. I believe Scott got complacent and despondent early in the year, and eventually got his act together to earn his place at the worlds. Now he's like a rabid dog out to prove to himself and everyone that he belongs on the biggest stage of all. 9/4 anyone?

As for Kim, he's got better and better with experience on tv. According to Taylor, kim will definitely be in more finals in the future. As patronising as ever from the power.

scott tv averages: players champs finals dec 2011...
beat caven 99 average.
beat barneveld 99 average winning match with a 170 checkout. T20, T20, stopped, turned to the crowd and smiled, nailed the bull.
beat wade 99 average.
lost in semi final to painter 10-9 with a 95 average when having the game at his mercy.

world champs debut dec 2011:
beat andy smith 94.59 average..
lost to lloyd 93 average

world champs dec 2012:
???
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 20 Dec 12 16:14
Rand sticking it right up barneveld Devil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfKoWvJ3K_s
By:
lightweight
When: 20 Dec 12 16:20
Read that article in RP and it made me laugh 5 pt win vvdv.
By:
treble
When: 20 Dec 12 16:28
Sometimes losing someone close has the opposite effect and gees you on. Didn't Higgins win the worlds shortly after his fathers death? How recently has Kim's dad passed way?
By:
lanza
When: 20 Dec 12 16:39
i cried when rand lost to lloyd, he just didn't turn up that night. it must av been in players champs, i took 500 + 250. was gutted
By:
happyhibee
When: 20 Dec 12 17:06
Right I'm off out so lets hope we're all lucky tonight gents and I'll catch up with you all tomorrow Happy
By:
StillLearning
When: 20 Dec 12 17:42
Kim Huybrechts v Scott Rand - Total Match 180s

Over (6.5)

Mark Walsh v Darren Webster - Total Match 180s

Over (4.5)

Vincent van der Voort v Stuart Kellet - Total Match 180s

Over (5.5)
By:
Lori
When: 20 Dec 12 18:08
Great to read that HH has backed Kellett to win the lot, as I've done the same Excited
By:
Lori
When: 20 Dec 12 18:09
"Demolition Man"
By:
Lori
When: 20 Dec 12 18:14
"I've backed Vincent because he's Vincent Van derrr Vaughttt do do do"

Beats most people's reasoning I guess.
By:
haileselassie
When: 20 Dec 12 18:14
i thought the same Lori - lol.
By:
RichyH
When: 20 Dec 12 18:15
Games aren't finishing till after midnight so why all this fooking about beforehand?
By:
MC Roller
When: 20 Dec 12 18:16
I've backed Walsh because I've just polished off a case of special brew.
By:
alun2005
When: 20 Dec 12 18:17
Not announced as 'The Sniper'
By:
alun2005
When: 20 Dec 12 18:17
I'm sure that will be a big comfort to those who lost loved ones in Gunsville, USA just lately.
By:
Lori
When: 20 Dec 12 18:18
Especially when it's not unlikely the next nutter will drive a bulldozer through a school anyway.
By:
the silverback
When: 20 Dec 12 18:19
traffic problems my arse.

there won't be any traffic problems for the rounds after xmas.
By:
sickoflayinwinners
When: 20 Dec 12 18:19
had to lay walsh seen him play shyte so often.
By:
haileselassie
When: 20 Dec 12 18:23
if i remember correctly Walsh is a fast starter and crumbles later on in matches....
By:
the silverback
When: 20 Dec 12 18:23
i was just about to post the same haileselassie
By:
the silverback
When: 20 Dec 12 18:25
When exactly did they introduce the rule that non-seeds aren't allowed to hit doubles?
By:
RichyH
When: 20 Dec 12 18:27
Laugh i suppose thats why they aren't seeds in the first place tho
Page 1 of 14  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 14 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo