Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happyhibee
17 Dec 12 21:13
| Topic/replies: 33,262 | Blogger: happyhibee's blog
Again putting this up the night before in case I don't get home till close to KO time. Looks pretty dull fayre but potentially the game of the round on so hopefully it doesn't disappoint Happy

Steve Beaton v Kyle Anderson:

First match of the night sees Beaton take on the aussie qualifier Anderson. Beaton is a funny player in the fact he can average 100 over 15 legs or average 70 over 10 legs. Never consistent but great to watch as his throwing action is one of the purest in darts. I know nothing about Anderson other than he qualified for this via winning the Oceanic masters. Wiki says he is a BDO player but I assume he has now switched? Beaton should win but prices are nothing to write home about and never keen on supporting Steve to win the h'cap as he so often switches off during matches.

Recommendation: No Bet

Lourence Ilagan v Jamie Lewis:

Tonight's qualifier sees Phillipines player Ilagan taken on Lewis. Ilagan is a former world masters semi finalist in the BDO and from memory isn't too shabby a chucker. Lewis is a young welsh player who qualified for this via the PDC order of merit on the youth tour. I've read a lot of good reports about Lewis so looking forward to this from a viewing perspective but no bet for me.

Wes Newton v Johnny Haines:

Newton is finally starting to fulfill some of his potential and is knocking on the door of the PL and the top 4 in the world if he goes deep here. I think at times his attitude can be a bit iffy but he is definitely a dangerous opponent and doesn't often lose to lowly ranked players. Haines is a 48 year old player making his debut at Ally Pally and hasn't had a great year on tour judged on his results losing a lot of 1st and 2nd round games. I'd be surprised if he can live with Newton here but at a shade of odds on I don't fancy backing a whitewash either.

Mervyn King v Dean Winstanley:

Since the draw was made this was one of the matches I was really looking forward to watching. I like both players style and both are capable of big scores and missing lots of doubles. Match odds look about right as I'd have Merv as slight favourite and the bet I like is over 7 maxes. This bet needs 4 sets minimum to have a chance I think but looking at the match I can see at least 4 or 5 sets and hopefully lots of tight legs. Both are capable of big hitting and as such lets hope they can muster the 8 we need between them.

Recommendation: 2pts win over 7.5 maxes @ 5/6 (General)

Colin Osborne v Ilagan/Lewis:

Final match sees one of the seeds who I always try to oppose in Ossie taking on the qualifier. Again its hard to say until you know who he is playing but if Ossie is too short I'd happily have a small lay of him as he lets you down more than he delivers on tv these days.

Recommendation: No Bet (At the moment)

Summary: All about 1 bet really as I strongly think the King match will have lots of heavy scoring in it. All opinions and other bets welcome from the regulars and hopefully we can have some fun along the way Happy

HH

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 22  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 22 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 851
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
When: 17 Dec 12 22:26
one who hates the crowd and one who encourages them

i fear for anyone near merv is he loses
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 17 Dec 12 22:50
HH - I would say Mervyn King is a solid finisher (doesn't miss lots of doubles as you say) and only flaps when the crowd are on his case in a crucial leg.
Should be the tie of the round with both in form and heavy scorers too - King's finishing may just shade it but if Dean's got his 'checkout boots' on, it could go to a tie-break.
By:
werthecardinals
When: 18 Dec 12 00:23
Have to fancy Deano at the prices as the crowd will no doubt give merv pelters!
By:
scarecrow
When: 18 Dec 12 09:47
i am not so sure the crowd bother merv as much as he makes out myself.yes he gets pelters at times but he only reacts when he loses and uses it as an excuse,any top flight sportperson will try to find a reason other than it being their fault if they can,for example monty at golf only used to hear sounds in the crowd when he hit a bad shot.i would expect merv to be to steady for deano myself.
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 18 Dec 12 12:38
From the great man old stone face:

John Lowe:
7-10pm tonight Steve Beaten v Kyle Anderson, the last of the Oz trio, I have reason to believe this will be a good game, the bookies have Beaten the winner, but for the unbelieving, Kyle played Taylor in Oz recently, he took him to 6-5, and hit a 9 dart game on the way, will be watching this one with a lot of interest.

King V Winstanley later, another interesting match, Eric Bristow has tipped, Beaten and Winstanley, could he have this one wrong?
By:
the silverback
When: 18 Dec 12 12:51
"Kyle played Taylor in Oz recently, he took him to 6-5, and hit a 9 dart game on the way"

Are you sure? I've just spent about an hour researching this guy.
By:
lightweight
When: 18 Dec 12 13:04
Thanks 4 today's wit up HH. It's funny I get home from work and look forward to reading this every day. I can only get 8/11 on the over 7 maxes. Pretty short it's gonna be tight. Done the two tips yesterday in 2 singles and a double. Went big on white small on wright. Wish I went other way round.  Got on Webster to win 3-1 after 2 sets at 13/5 so covered my loss. Thank god 4 that third set madness. Saw u weren't to confident about caven so had a small wager on John bowles in the handicap market. Thanks 4 that too. Haven't thought about it more any other ideas on games later?
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 18 Dec 12 13:38
Silver, don't shoot the messenger Wink
https://www.facebook.com/john.lowe.376258
By:
the silverback
When: 18 Dec 12 13:49
Remember reading Lowe's book. Strange character and comes across very bitter.

Anyway, my Anderson research is complete, happy to share my findings. It looks as if he hits as many, probably more, 180s than we have seen from any one of this type of qualifier over the last few years. About the same as Beaton, who hits a lot more than most people give him credit for. Obviously the stats for Anderson are from a completely different level of tournament under far less pressure but I think all the 180s markets (total, player totals, most) are way off.

And he hit 15 bulls in a row to win some sort of competition in Oz.
By:
the silverback
When: 18 Dec 12 13:50
(When I say it at looks as if he hits a lot of 180s, I mean he does. Found loads of stats for all sorts of matches buried away on the internet)
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 18 Dec 12 13:53
Hello Hibee,

How has your punting gone so far?
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 18 Dec 12 13:54
Beware - Navel Gazer will be wanting said info lol
By:
lightweight
When: 18 Dec 12 14:14
Small interest bet on the 4 fav's in an 11/4 accum I reckon
By:
DannyMurphy
When: 18 Dec 12 15:15
Have to fancy Newton to whitewash Johnny Haines and Winstanley to hit most 180s..Evs and 4/5 double!
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 18 Dec 12 15:36
D&B - I'm not THAT bad squire Mischief I just like to be armed with a few facts but I think many stats DO LIE.
I like to go with my visual impression and not get TOO bogged down with the analysis of every inclusive throw.

As I said on a thread last week...someone like Mark Webster is a terrific switcher to 19's (as good as anyone) so he hits 97 as opposed to a ton, 137 compared to 140's & 174 instead of a maximum, though he's very handy with the 180's too!

The stats don't tell the true tale and do him justice - as we saw last night, when he's on-song, his finishing is better than many of the best, but he misses them in clutches at the business end (wasted NINE in a row last night) when under pressure...notice the difference in his ...mouth & lips) when he's starting to sweat.

I'm very happy with my tenner at 33/1 to win his quarter (trumpeted on here Wink) and the 200's in the outright market...he's in real good form and could give the big guns (like MVG & Lewis) something to think about - he'll face the winner of Lloyd/Young and on form, they're nothing to worry about.

His attitude looked superb last night and that was emphasised with his honesty in the post-match interview, admitting he'd 'bottled' things over the last year, and had stopped sulking concerning the ugly luck of the draw he's had.
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Dec 12 15:56
dirk slightly behind on the advised bets on here mate but actually in front on the week as I laid Caven at 1.29 last night then again at 1.16 after a leg and a half.

I've had a dig about after Silverback spoke of Anderson's 180 hitting and seems to be backed up by the RP who said he hit a 9 darter at the Aussie Open? As such I've backed him most maxes v Beaton and also over 5 maxes in match. Beaton used to frustrate me as he used to switch to 19's on purpose at times but last twelve months he is definitely more consistent around the t20. Hopefully both cop but I'd be surprised if both lost.

1pt win over 5 maxes @ 11/10
0.5pts win Anderson most maxes @ 4/1
By:
the stunning
When: 18 Dec 12 15:59
Kyle anderson to get over 1.5 180s @8/13 is a serious bet.Beaton as has been said drifts in and out of matches,so fancy we will see 4 sets here,2 180s not much to ask.

My treble;
Anderson over 1.5 180s@8/13
Newton@1/9
High checkout over 123.5 winstanley/king game@5/6.

What you think lads?
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 18 Dec 12 16:01
Here's Johnny!
Punk rocker Johnny Haines to walk on to Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK! Devil
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 18 Dec 12 17:34
dirk slightly behind on the advised bets on here mate but actually in front on the week as I laid Caven at 1.29 last night then again at 1.16 after a leg and a half.

I've had a dig about after Silverback spoke of Anderson's 180 hitting and seems to be backed up by the RP who said he hit a 9 darter at the Aussie Open? As such I've backed him most maxes v Beaton and also over 5 maxes in match. Beaton used to frustrate me as he used to switch to 19's on purpose at times but last twelve months he is definitely more consistent around the t20. Hopefully both cop but I'd be surprised if both lost.

1pt win over 5 maxes @ 11/10
0.5pts win Anderson most maxes @ 4/1

>>>>Cheers Hibbee, and there's probably better opportunities down the road as the tournament 'proper' starts. Keep up the good work. I'm gonna have nibble on your selections.

Dirk.
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Dec 12 17:38
I find as the tourney goes on that I always do well between R2 and QF. Semis and final always seem harder but will keep on trying mate Happy
By:
GoldCupWinner
When: 18 Dec 12 17:46
That Anderson over 1.5 maxes sounds really good at 8/11. Just hope he doesn't freeze on the stage.
By:
MC Roller
When: 18 Dec 12 18:12
Studio guys reading the thread again. You should put up some duff info for a laugh.
By:
MC Roller
When: 18 Dec 12 18:13
Well done last night Caven layers. Poor Caven, plays his best tv game for ages and still loses.
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 18 Dec 12 18:14
Canny egg head on this lad
By:
MC Roller
When: 18 Dec 12 18:14
Kyle Kinder Anderson.
By:
Navel-Gazer
When: 18 Dec 12 18:16
MC - that was so ironic for Caven as the forum seems unanimous in thinking he's one of the worst of the top 32...plays a blinder but caught a tartar in Stan Bowles!

That was as good as I've ever seen Caven play, and that includes the Anderson victory a few years ago - it's a fanny old game innit?
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 18 Dec 12 18:18
crowd looks low tonight
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Dec 12 18:19
Was only half full last night too
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 18 Dec 12 18:19
looks even less in middle tonight
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Dec 12 18:20
Oh good Rod's on the mic Sad
By:
Lori
Sort of throw we say will stand up under pressure.
By:
happyhibee
1st max
By:
Lori
When: 18 Dec 12 18:21
Think he's my least fave now HH, if it wasn't for Gwynne's terrifying intonation I'd be sure of it.
By:
happyhibee
Stress free hold
By:
happyhibee
ho Ho Ho
By:
Lori
Cry
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Dec 12 18:22
Shows how good the last game was cos I never even noticed Rod commentating
By:
Lori
When: 18 Dec 12 18:22
Yeah, weird really, probably about the exact last match you'd have expected to be a cracker that.
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Dec 12 18:23
Best 2 matches of tournies have been the last matches on in last 2 nights. Oddly I never fancied either to be any good
Page 1 of 22  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 22 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com