Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
subaru
25 Mar 12 06:16
| Topic/replies: 424 | Blogger: subaru's blog
...sad.
Pause Switch to Standard View Jockey Wilson dies at 62
Show More
Report 9Dart March 25, 2012 7:32 AM BST
Very sad, probably the reason alot of people started following darts

RIP
Report yorky March 25, 2012 8:35 AM BST
he was my hero back in the day when sky was just the thing above your head, R I P
Report onehundredandeighty March 25, 2012 8:37 AM BST
Sad
Report elisjohn March 25, 2012 8:42 AM BST
great player in a great era, with lowe, bristow, alan evans, leighton,  booze on stage, cigs, fights ,  Happydays, rip joci
Report scarecrow March 25, 2012 8:47 AM BST
yes rip jocky a real legend of the game,very sad he became so reclusive in his later days,i would have liked to see more of him,but that was not to be.
Report DartsnBooze March 25, 2012 9:55 AM BST
Devastating news. R.I.P. Jocky x
Report STEPTOES YARD March 25, 2012 11:11 AM BST
Sad

thought he was older too
Report Cosmo Kramer March 25, 2012 11:37 AM BST
Some great stories about him in Bobby George's autobiography when they went to play in America for a few months.

His walk on at the World Matchplay in Blackpool was one of the greatest walk ons ever, took him about 10 minutes! The crowd was going crackers!
Report alun2005 March 25, 2012 12:28 PM BST
Desperately sad news, and his cruel long and slow health and tragic personal decline just doesn't bear thinking about.

Easily my favourite player of the early, pre-Taylor years of the Embassy (BDO) World Championship. An extraordinary talent. His win in the 1989 BDO was a wonderment, a full seven 7 years after his earlier world title. Never tire of watching that dramatic win over Eric.

This might be a belated opportunity for one of the TV stations to broadcast the documentary 'Kirkcaldy Man', made a few years ago about the Great Man, sadly I believe without reclusive Jocky's input. Haven't seen it myself and I daresay it will be insubstantial, but it was terrifically heartening that know that at least a German film-maker was sufficiently interested to pursue Jocky's unique story.

RIP
Report jermaine defonebox March 25, 2012 1:00 PM BST
I've seen it I don't know much bout darts but it's a great doc   I was surprised how humble he was quite a shy guy
Report Hamsterdam March 25, 2012 3:21 PM BST
Sounds good hope Sky show it.
Report marc1013 March 25, 2012 6:42 PM BST
whats even sader is no one gave amonkeys arse for the last 15 years while he lived in poverty drinking his life away in a council flat in scotland now he's dead ist like arrhhhh
Report DartsnBooze March 25, 2012 8:04 PM BST
Plenty in the darting world did many great things for Jocky over the years. He wanted to be left alone and you have to respect his wishes no matter how sad things turned out for him.

He did a brief audio recording for the Jocky Wilson Cup in 2009,
from planet darts site: http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~2691886,00.html

Jocky recorded a special audio message for the crowd at the Braehead Arena in Glasgow, which proved to be the last time he was heard in public.

He said: "Hi, this is Jocky. Sorry I can't be with you tonight, hope you all have a great evening, please give all the players the respect they deserve - Come On Scotland!"

In audio only and no visual. That sums up how Jocky wanted to be. A great talent/personality, call it what you like, he was and always will a darting giant - A Legend of the game! Wee Jocky Wilson R.I.P. x
Report Far From Trouble March 25, 2012 9:08 PM BST
RIP JockySad
Report ed wolf March 26, 2012 6:32 PM BST
RIP Jocky, absolute legend.

Some good footage on Youtube like this near 9-darter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYAatoDZalo
Report itfc March 26, 2012 8:19 PM BST
Havent looked at this yet, but the administrator of one of the darts forums has put together some 'top Jocky Wilson moment' bound to be worth a look

http://www.doublefinish.com/vbul/showthread.php?7195-Rout-productions-presents-Jocky-Wilson-A-top-ten
Report DartsnBooze March 27, 2012 1:08 PM BST
Cheers folks, i'll take a look x Sad Happy
Report DartsnBooze March 27, 2012 1:25 PM BST
Remarkable coverage of Jocky from what i've seen so far. Hope everyone enjoys it as much as i have Love
Report the silverback March 27, 2012 6:14 PM BST
why did Deller play in his pyjamas?
Report alun2005 March 29, 2012 7:45 PM BST
Really pleased to see tonight's remembrance of the brilliant and unforgettable Jocky Wilson at the Cardiff venue.

Sadly I only ever saw the great man 'live' in the flesh once, in Ebbw Vale 1980 or so when the European Championships came to town for the weekend. I went on the Sunday when there was some hastily cobbled together Invitational Singles event for about 1000 quid where both Jocky and Eric made it to the last 4. A local bloke named Reynolds beat JW in the semis and EB in the final to deliver an unlikely hometown win. Never heard of him again personally - anyone else on here there?? Or even born then? CryCry. I'll try and dig out my old programme and see if I can find more info.     

Well done to the PDC management, players and Cardiff crowd for rising to the occasion tonight and giving such a richly-merited show of affection for The Kirkcaldy Kid.

It was entirely sincere, warm-hearted and measured. What a refreshing change in an era when it has seemingly become compulsory for all manner of numpties to shed fake tears and build temporary shrines outside football stadia and the like for people they've never really heard of, or aren't actually dead.
Report the bairn April 2, 2012 6:38 PM BST
funeral today, the crafty cockney gave a nice eulogy, good lads. cheers.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com