Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happyhibee
02 Jan 12 08:56
| Topic/replies: 33,262 | Blogger: happyhibee's blog
Some excitement last night in 2 of the most exciting semi finals I can remember watching. It had everything from 170 checks to draftgate and if the final is even half as eventful I will be delighted. Happy

Adrian Lewis v Andy Hamilton:
SF - Lewis bt James Wade 6-5
Ave: 95.55
180's: 10
Doubles hit: 42%
HC: 161

Hamilton bt Simon Whitlock 6-5
Ave: 95.61
180's: 10
Doubles hit: 58%
HC: 130

Final sees the battle of the stokies between the reigning champ Lewis and Hamilton who appears in his first ever world final. Both overcame massive scares in the semi with Lewis doing it from 5-1 down and Hamilton coming from 5-3 behind to secure their spots tonight. How much it took out of them is the unknown factor here but with Lewis finishing at around 1am it might affect him more. Lewis has been very patchy all week playing great for 2 and 3 sets at a time but not managing to find any consistency for an entire match whereas Hamilton has been very consistent bar a mid match blip when he lost 9 straight legs v Whitlock. Should be a really good game I think and while Lewis deserves to be favourite its definitely a winnable game for Hamilton. My one worry is hes happy to just be there and doesn't perform how he can but I suppose thats a chance you take if you support him. Gonna have a couple of small bets in the final as I always find it hard to find value the later it goes but I think Hamilton is slightly overpriced at 9/4 and I also like the HC as both are capable and this should go 11 or 12 sets to help achieve it.

Recommendations: 1pt win Andy Hamilton @ 9/4 (Boils)
                               1pt win HC over 140.5 @ 5/6 (General)

Been a tremendous 17 days and hopefully the final gives us 1 more match to rave over. Had a great laugh along the way with all the regulars and some new faces who have dropped in and we've still got the BDO to come Laugh

HH Happy

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 36  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 36 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,413
By:
The Moth
When: 02 Jan 12 09:04
Wonderful Stuff during this Tournament HH.Many thanks for your input. So The Clay Head Derby Final!!! I'm going for the Hammmer for one reason, the total lack of humility Lewis shown last night in victory.If he would have been beat he would have been crying like a baby over the draught! And i think last night took more out of Lewis than Hamilton.GL with all bets
By:
JOCI Club
When: 02 Jan 12 09:15
Goarrrrnnnn Stoke!
By:
bristoldoug
When: 02 Jan 12 09:17
Would be lovely to see the hammer win tonight. I think the crowd are going to play a huge part in tonights final. Lewis has toyed with the crowd on a couple of occasions this week - they went after him in the Jenkins match which allowed the bull to draw level at 3 -3 after being 3 - 0 down. The crowd will surely favour Andy Hamilton tonight - not just because he is the underdog but also because he is a much nicer bloke. Im kicking myself this morning as when Wade went 5 - 1 last night I was too lazy to logon and back Lewis in the outright market which would now leave me with a very healthy green on the final. As it is I have a lonely £10 on Hamilton at 158/1. The head says I should trade, but its been a bad xmas betting wise for me largely due to some weird results on the football. So C'mon the Hammer !!!
By:
worldcitizen
When: 02 Jan 12 09:23
hammer is there for the taking
By:
the silverback
When: 02 Jan 12 09:28
I think they've played as close as you like to the same standard overall during the tournament. But that's not to say it's a 50-50.
By:
ReimerpYsatnaf
When: 02 Jan 12 09:35
It's PAYDAY!!!

Adrian Lewis - double World Champion Cool

still can't believe what i watched last night Grin
By:
DarrenJ
When: 02 Jan 12 10:04
I can't find any angle here at all really, but the 141+ high checkout only appeals because it can pay out very early. I fancied the final to go long, seeing as how Lewis seems to throw some dross for a few sets each match, but 44.5+ legs seems a lot and it would need perhaps a 7-5.

As an aside, as a lurker on here for years who has only this year plucked up the guts to post, thanks to HH for his write-ups every day. Whether I agree with the bets or not, they are always well thought out and is always the first topic to read on this forum each day.
By:
Lori
When: 02 Jan 12 10:13
Thanks for the writeups all tourney HH, added a lot to it for me as usual.

Personally will be against the flow bigtime and would love to see Lewis win it to see how he reacts being champ twice in a row. Think I'll probably react okay if Hammer wins it too though, seemed incredibly moved to have made the final and could be very emotional if he wins.

Also interesting that the standard has been bordering on crap this year, which has made the tourney amazing. God knows what I'll do for four days after today
By:
Lori
When: 02 Jan 12 10:27
*When I say Lewis's reaction, I mean over the year not on the night.
By:
u want some
When: 02 Jan 12 10:30
Good morning chaps. As always thanks a lot HH for the write ups. I visit quite a few different sports on here and i can honestly say your preview of the day ahead is the best on here by a mile, i pick my own bets but great to see what you and others on here think first so thanks a lot.

Couldn't post last night and it was absolutely killing me when Adrian pulled it back, i still can't quite believe he pulled it back and to be honest Wade should be ashamed of himself. You cannot be letting it slip from 5-1 up.

As for the final, i cannot do the checkout on this as i think the line is far to high, i thought over 134 was high but it made me money. Over 140 is just to much for me. The only thing at the minute that i like the look of is under 24.5 180's at 10/11 as both Hamilton and Lewis both played 11 sets each last time out and only managed 20 between them and although you have to win an extra set I still don't think there will be as many sets tonight. The only probably with the bet is that it spoils the final a bit.
By:
bainnyboy
When: 02 Jan 12 10:34
Yeah thanks HH allowed me to win a few quid this last 2 weeks.  BUT FFS what a tourney from the very first games, I am going to start a new thread with my highlights !!
By:
alun2005
When: 02 Jan 12 10:51
Well done Hib on another year's excellent contributions, particularly the one which mercifully persuaded me not to back Dolan against Huybrechts.

Delighted to see a crop newcomers contributing to this Forum (a shame about some of the tedious 'Free Money' Football Forum sorts obviously), and of course it is always a pleasure to continue communicatiing with the peerless and long-standing cognoscenti of yore.

A few days off after tonight, and then we reassemble to relish the annual psychodrama of the gathering of the clans for the BDO Meat Raffle at the Westies Lakeside Arena.
By:
tellboy
When: 02 Jan 12 10:57
dont post much,but have been reading your previews each day throughout the tournament happy,and just wanted to say i appreciate so much your time taken in doing them..the content as always has been excellent..haven't followed all your tips but the information included in your write ups has helped confirm my feelings for bets and at times put me onto ones i hadnt considered,which is what a good preview should achieve...so thanks again and i look forward to seeing your BDO ones,even tho i guess they've a lot harder to predict with the not so well known players.
By:
bainnyboy
When: 02 Jan 12 11:10
Good points tellboy.

I am pretty much on my darts, have all the stats but HH sometimes will not bet but his interpetation of a game can sway my bets.  He must be in profit this week, and has been unlucky a few times.

Key thing in darts betting is to take your profit and run.  If you back a guy like Wade last night at 2.2 and he goes 1.05 take your money and run, enjoy the rest of the game.  I laid winning bets off a few times this week, probably cost me money as most of my bets were winning ones.  But in one game cant recall who I backed a player over 6.5 180's at 1.9 for a few quid when he hit 6 with at least 3 sets to go I laid off at 1.08 and he never got another one !!

So for me this is unreal.  NO BETS TONIGHT.  Like most punters, you don't enjoy the game as much if you have a bet on it, so Im just gonna enjoy.

Have fun see you all next Saturday.

----------------------------------------------

Re HH's tip, i think this will oblidge.  I know this line is high BUT you have not actually see too many 131 - 139 checkouts this week, but we have seen the 150's plus quite a lot.

When: 02 Jan 12 11:19
We shall see mate. Ive made the majority of my profit on checkouts. I just think the line is high. Doesn't mean it wont come in though
By:
pauliow
When: 02 Jan 12 11:59
Firstly I'd like to say thank you to HH for his excellent previews, I've looked forward to reading these as soon as I've logged on. Secondly I'd like to say how refreshing it is to be involved in a forum without all of the insults and bullsh1t that prevail on others, particularly the football. I enjoyed the banter so much last night that I forgot about the betting! This is what the forums should be about. Even the mickey taking out of TSO was light hearted!

In respect of tonights game my head says Lewis but my heart says Hamilton. I think it would be great for darts to have Hamilton as the world champion because he seems such a nice genuine guy. I think I'll wait to see how the game goes and then bet in play.

Good luck to all of you tonight and I genuinely look forward to some more laughs on this forum later.
By:
Cosmo Kramer
When: 02 Jan 12 12:03
Cheers Hib for all the great write ups and the time and effort you put into them, much appreciated.

I can't see tonights game been anything other than a close encounter, score of 7-4 at least so over 10.5 sets is my bet.

Would rather Hamilton win, think he has played the best throughout the tournament and was a very gracious winner after defeating Whitlock. Plus who doesn't want to see Dame Judi/Vera Duckworth (delete as appropriate) being crowned the first lady of darts!

Already lookling forward to the BDO tourney, god knows what surreal sights we'll see inbetween games in the Kenny Lynch suite. Alun, just to let you know, you are blue 116-120 for the meat raffle, good luck!
By:
scarecrow
When: 02 Jan 12 12:42
yes well done as always hh like many on here i always read your thoughts and factor them in to my own thinking.i think i am maybe against the grain here but i think adie may blow the hammer away tonight my only two negatives being how much last night match took out of him and the horrifying thought that it might be windy on stage again!.but i will be surprised if he starts as badly again i have always thought of him as being someone who starts quickly and genuinely think that just maybe what i thought was a lack of rythem in his usual attack on the treble 20 was perhaps more to blame on the draft in the first few sets.i also think adie knows and perhaps more importently hammer knows who the better player is.
By:
Brian_Ookiebasher
When: 02 Jan 12 12:54
Top stuff HH... Thanks for what you do, You really are what these forums should be all about.
Personally i think Hamilton ( i still call him Thornton FFS) has played his final and will find it hard to get up for tonights game.
I like the Over on the checkout, These boys are just too good nowdays to not have 7/8 chances at leaset at it..1 must go in..
I went Friday and will never set foot in the place ever again... It's full of fking braindead morons who are not even watching the darts most of the time.
It's a matter of time before a game is stopped due to it kicking off in the crowd..

Thanks again HH... Ill be back next week for the BDO.. LETS PLAY DARRRRRTS
By:
Lumberg
When: 02 Jan 12 13:18
Agree with HH on the bets tongiht, though definitely back Hamilton at 9/4 in Laddies with the 170 and 9-dart refund, these two have a 9-darter in them and Lewis already hit a 170 this tournament. Also think I'll split the high checkout to individual player checkouts with Hills:

My bets:
Hamilton 9/4 Lads
Hamilton Highest checkout Over 126.5 5/6 Hills
Lewis Highest Checkout Over 130.5 5/6 Hills
By:
Hugh-Mongous
When: 02 Jan 12 14:10
I'm really surprised how people have started warming to Henry!
Not for his quality darts or determination & bottle, but for his PERSONALITY Laugh

I'm nearly as surprised that many have seemed to turn on Adie for his lack of 'grace' as it seems to be perceived.

I don't think he's a bad bloke by any means, and I have no issue at all with ANY player 'bigging' themselves up...especially the REIGNING World Champion, that's showed massive plums (that many of you doubted) in scrapping from some uncompromising positions - he's fully ENTITLED to be arrogant, and surely in the intensity of an immediate post-match interview, he should be given some leeway.

PS - if he had been nailed by Wade, IMV he'd have been justified in whinging about a draught! On such a massive stage (in every sense of those words) it's a rank incident!

Wade deserves a lot of credit in not going for the throat, as it was clear that a harsh two set deficit was affecting Lewis far more.
Great sportsmanship from James and again, he's another that many could do with laying off their criticism of him as a drab personality.
By:
frimpong
When: 02 Jan 12 14:43
henry?
By:
Hugh-Mongous
When: 02 Jan 12 14:57
Hamilton = Henty VIII
By:
Hugh-Mongous
Hamilton = Henry VIII
By:
Hugh-Mongous
Hamilton = Henry VIII
By:
Hugh-Mongous
Hamilton = Henry VIII
By:
Hugh-Mongous
OK then...Henry the Fourth! Silly
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 02 Jan 12 15:13
lewis most 180s for me, 8/13 feels like a gift
By:
max1million
When: 02 Jan 12 16:05
Its all been said before me HH but I would also like to express my gatitude for your previews throughout the tournament, I rarely bet on anything these days after doing over 5k in one afternoon on the horseracing just over two years ago. I do like a little play on the darts however and your write ups have been a great help to my decision making. The thread is an excellent addition to the experience of each match and the Craic has been mighty at times.
By:
max1million
When: 02 Jan 12 16:08
I was out last night but the darts was on in both pubs we went to so didn't miss too much except Gwynne, Rod and co. My only bet last night was hammer at 3.05 which obliged so will be pushing the profits onto him again hoping bhe can keep up the gritty determinaton thats brought him thus far. Good luck all Happy
By:
Saluting Darren Lockyer
When: 02 Jan 12 16:24
I'll be backing lewis -2.5 sets if for no more reason than i believe him to be capable of wiping the floor with hamilto and i think he'll use tonights game as a statement of intent to prove he is the number 1 player in the world.He was simply unplayable last night once he'd regained his focus and was reminiscent of himself in last years final,form that would have him winning this match quite easily.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 02 Jan 12 16:29
yep agree with post above, can see lewis handing out a viscious beating here
By:
Hugh-Mongous
When: 02 Jan 12 16:33
Darren - I can see a stage in tonight's game when Lewis really steps on the gas and wins three sets in about 20 minutes!

His purple patches are fabulous to watch and The Hammer will just be a spectator when the inevitable occurs.

I think it may well be Hamilton that gets the first break and could be 3-1/4-2 up, and that's when I'd expect Lewis to make his class tell.

It still mightn't be enough to make The Hammer wilt and I'll be laying both (as usual) very short - Lewis from 1.1 and Hamilton from 1.2 in anticipation of yet another mighty swing in the markets.
By:
happyhibee
When: 02 Jan 12 16:49
Cant wait for this anyway should be a cracker as Taylor might say Grin

Not a problem doing these either its as much a part of christmas for me as turkey and advent calendars!
By:
a bitofinterest
When: 02 Jan 12 16:52
just need the winner to do some serious name dropping in phils absence
By:
a bitofinterest
When: 02 Jan 12 16:52
just need the winner to do some serious name dropping in phils absence
By:
frimpong
When: 02 Jan 12 16:57
would be nice to see Phil in the studio.

HH - how long have you followed darts?
By:
happyhibee
When: 02 Jan 12 17:01
Guarantee Phil is there in some respect.

Seriously about 7-8 years mate but always loved it from the time I was a kid and it used to be the Embassy once a year. Then when I got sky it just took off but I remember backing Harrington to win the matchplay when he beat Baxter in the final which was my first outright winner and followed it with a few decent scores since on outright markets
By:
laynplay
When: 02 Jan 12 17:05
Lewis won a set in 5 minutes last night against wade and rattled of leg after leg when wade STOPPED playing...of course Wade did the same trick against Waites in a final so he had form.
   Wade doesnt play any tactics in his game but he should have handled the DRAFT problem more to his advantage and slowed Lewis down when he hit his purple patch.
  cant see lewis having a massive purple patch against Hamilton as they tend to last only 20 minutes max and Hamiltons pace will take off Lewis's edge.
  also I think that Lewis may have looked at Wade as his final and this could be an AFTER THE LORD MAYORS SHOW OCCASION for him....that late finish certainly cant be a positive.
  Hamilton at 3.35 has to be the call for me....greening up at less than half the price in the first 5 or 6 sets.
Page 1 of 36  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 36 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com