Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happyhibee
01 Jan 12 09:18
| Topic/replies: 33,262 | Blogger: happyhibee's blog
Happy New Year to everyone and hopefully there's not too many raging hangovers going on when the action starts later. Getting to the business end of the tournament and now its time to find out who can handle the pressure when its at its highest.

Simon Whitlock v Andy Hamilton:
QF - Whitlock bt Gary Anderson 5-1
180's: 8
Doubles hit: 42%
HC: 121

Hamilton bt Kim Huybrechts 5-2
180's: 11
Doubles hit: 46%
HC: 122

Opening semi sees Hopalong Whitlock take on the gritty Andy Hamilton. Whitlock played really well in his opening win and has then played well in patches in the rest of the games. However he hasn't been as consistent and I'm not sure if thats due to the games getting longer. Hamilton in my opinion has probably been the best player all week and while he's not everyone's cup of tea it doesn't detract from the fact that the guy is playing his best darts in years. Its his second semi final this year in majors and his second at the worlds but unlike last time he hasn't got Taylor standing in his way for a place in the final. I get the feeling he really fancies the job here and based on what I've seen I don't think he should be as big a price as he is.

Recommendation: 1.5pts win Andy Hamilton @ 2/1 (Baldyfred)

Adrian Lewis v James Wade:
QF - Lewis bt Terry Jenkins 5-3
Ave: 92.41
180's: 11
Doubles hit: 37%
HC: 136

Wade bt John Part 5-4
Ave: 94.92
180's: 9
Doubles hit: 44%
HC: 140

Second semi final sees the meeting of the games best 2 young players and I'm fairly sure there is no love lost between them both. There's been occasions where they have both made snipey remarks about the other and I get the feeling this is a bit of a grudge match. Lewis hasn't been at his best the whole tourney but his doubling has rescued him at times and if he gets his power scoring going then he's obviously capable of blowing anyone away. Wade has been doing just enough all tournament and it's weird that he keep on switching off when he should just put opponents away. As good as the game turned out to be v John Part if he hadn't been very complacent I believe he'd have won it 5-1 or 5-2 as he seemed to think it was too easy. I don't think he will make that mistake here and I fully expect to see him at his best here. Got a funny feeling this is going to be a real ding donger and could go 6-4 or 6-5 with ease but I'll be having a bet on Wade to progress as he seems to have Lewis's number when it counts and I think the crowd may be with him after Lewis's moaning on tv after his QF win.

Recommendation: 2pts win James Wade @ 5/4 (SJ)

Summary: Backing the 2 outsiders in the matches tonight based on price and gut more than anything. All views and opinions as welcome as ever and hopefully in Phil's words we get 2 crackers to enjoy tonight.
HH Happy

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 70  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 70 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 2,799
By:
trademark
When: 01 Jan 12 09:52
Lets hope there are plenty of hangovers in the crowd later, might quieten them down for a bit! Great write up as always HH, agree with Wade but got Whitlock ante post so can't cheer on King Henry VIII under any circumstaces.
By:
paddletoe
When: 01 Jan 12 09:53
I see laddies are betting to an almost 100% book on both semi finals.

1/2 Whitlock 15/8 Hammer

4/5 Lewis  6/5 Wade

However, they are offering money back on all match singles if any game has a 9 darter or 170 finish. Affectively they are under round on both games.
By:
u want some
When: 01 Jan 12 10:35
great write up as always, whitlock and lewis final for me
By:
The Moth
When: 01 Jan 12 11:52
Good right up HH.I strongly agree in the 2nd Semi fancy Wade strongly.But can't have Hammerhead in a World Final it just wouldn't be right!!!
By:
u want some
When: 01 Jan 12 11:54
One things for sure everyone has different views on who will win which will make these the best semi finals yet. Without Taylor this is wide open and the only suprise would be if hammer won it, wouldn't be suprised with the other 3
By:
Mariner Paul
When: 01 Jan 12 11:57
I really hope that Hammer gets blitzed by Whitlock. I might still be smarting from the money he's cost me in this but he's without doubt the most boring player out there.
By:
The Moth
When: 01 Jan 12 12:03
Done the Whitlock,Wade Double in the Name the Finalists market with Sid James at 9/4
By:
paddletoe
When: 01 Jan 12 12:06
Its Hammer time for me tonight. Gotta be backed at the odds.

Lets be honest if the Hammer played sex ier darts and had Kims girlfriend looking on instead of his own wife he would be shorter odds.
By:
frogamatic
When: 01 Jan 12 12:08
thanks for the excellent write-ups this year HH. Following you in on Hammer as I think he is value, have taken the 15/8 at lads with the 9 darter or 170 checkout refund
By:
tino147
When: 01 Jan 12 12:15
love your views hh and agreed that wade wins the comp ,,i hope so as i backed him from the off..i just cant see whitlock not making the final here.he has been there and plays super darts at times and think over the longer format here he will get over the line...good luck all and cant wait for tonight
By:
sniperAYR
When: 01 Jan 12 12:19
Great thread this Happyhibee as I'm sure many on here will agree.Enjoyed yur daily write ups and reasoning.Also made a few £££ along the way.How anybody isn't in profit is beyond me ,unless the Taylor  faithful did their banks in on him.
My main bet on the tourney was backing Whitlock at the start at 40s,so Im hoping this time your wrongLaugh.I could green out now but I'm gonna let it run. I can always lay it off during the Hamilton match if it looks like his leg is gonna fall off.He's at 3.4 now to win so anything below 20s I'll be happy with.
Good luck with your bets today everyone..Its been a great tournament with a good bit of banter along the way..
Game on...
By:
The Moth
When: 01 Jan 12 12:41

Jan 1, 2012 -- 7:06AM, paddletoe wrote:

Its Hammer time for me tonight. Gotta be backed at the odds.Lets be honest if the Hammer played sex ier darts and had Kims girlfriend looking on instead of his own wife he would be shorter odds.

Are you Paul Nicholson ?!! Laugh

By:
Lumberg
When: 01 Jan 12 13:51
Bets for tonight:

Hamilton v Whitlock
Hamilton average over 94.5 4/5 Boyles
Highest Checkout Over 130.5 3/4 Boyles

Wade v Lewis
Wade 6/5 Lads
Wade 6-4 7/1 Gen
Highest Checkout: Over 130.5 3/4 Boyles

Specials
Most 180s on the night: Simon Whitlock 11/5 VC
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 01 Jan 12 13:52
Excellent as ever Hibee Cool
Happy new year to all the good folks on the darts forum.

I looked forward to seeing your selections and was thinking you'd be on total 180's or highest checkouts but certainly wasn't expecting to see those 2 selections pop up! Grin

For similar reasons they're my selections too and one of these two winning still yields a profit.

The only cash bet i've had is a double when the prices went up. Hills were standout on Lewis @ 4/9 (now 4/11) and Whitlock 4/5 most 180's in their matches @ 2.6. (Blogged.) Best available price now is 2.35 general.

Good luck everyone Happy
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 01 Jan 12 14:29
Backed Hamilton over 9.5 180's at 5/6 with Spoils. Might be a bigger price elsewhere, but was in a Spoils shop. Devil

Gl all tonight.
By:
Jimmy Commas
When: 01 Jan 12 14:38
Wade for the final, I think your comments happyhibbee re Lewis and the crowd willbe significant tonight.
By:
Hugh-Mongous
When: 01 Jan 12 14:40
Has anyone got any links to some of the newspaper articles about the 'feud' between Wade & Lewis?

I'm sure I heard that Wade said (before last year's World Champ's) that Lewis wasn't in his class and wasn't fit to lace his boots! Shocked

I thought that was a slight exaggeration, but I'd really like to see such articles to whet the appetite for later on.
By:
AIDSMcGUG
When: 01 Jan 12 14:46
they do not get on , could be a classic , Wade has better temperament imo , cant split them
By:
u want some
When: 01 Jan 12 15:51
I wont be around tonight lads but first bet. Not keen on the checkout line really but fook it its on anyway

Bet ref: 30/30
Over 135.5 @ 4/5
Whitlock v Hamilton
Highest Checkout Score
Total stake    £ 200.00
Estimated return    £ 360.00
Full stake    £ 200.00
Full estimated return    £ 360.00
By:
GoldCupWinner
When: 01 Jan 12 17:19
Backed Hamilton in the 1st game. Has been playing great consistent darts and I think he's being severly under rated.
By:
LynchFergal
When: 01 Jan 12 17:26
As much as it pains me to bet that cretin Hamilton, I have. I still think Whitlock's had a charmed passage through, and am praying for once Hamilton can not poop his pants in a semi and carry his solid form through.

I also have bet Wade, mainly cos I think he was taking the piss a bit vs Partand is inside Lewis' head.
By:
LynchFergal
When: 01 Jan 12 17:29
Corals have some 2012 specials up off topic. Thought Wes Newton 4/11 NOT to win a PDC major in 2012 was borderline insane.

Not one to invest for a year, but to others it could be a nice easy £33k to win £12k :-)
By:
sickoflayinwinners
When: 01 Jan 12 17:37
i reckon hamilton at the lions share  of 8/1 is value outright for tonights fare.
By:
The-Special-One
When: 01 Jan 12 17:38
hamilton was poor in his last match
By:
charwell.
When: 01 Jan 12 17:49
TSO how can you make so many posts and all of them utter drivel. Even a blind aquirrel finds a nut every now and then!!!

Good wrie up as usual HH.

FWIW I have the Lewis/Wade match as a coin toss but think it will be a long tight match so have backed overs for the 180's and high checkout.

I think Hamilton has already peaked and fancy Whitlock to win this one 6-2/3 but like the high checkout again and Whitlock for most 180's.
By:
pauliow
When: 01 Jan 12 17:51
Hamilton 3.1 now. Hope he starts well and if so should get a nice trade
By:
Welshie5121
When: 01 Jan 12 17:59
I have been following your threads for the last few rounds and must say you are doing a great job and my hat goes off to you!

I am just going off the averages from the last rounds matches. Hamilton had an average of 102.04 over 7 sets, when you look at Witlock only acheiving 95.24 for 6 sets you can see who is playing the better of the two.

So I will be backing Hamilton +2.5 sets as a banker bet @ 1.6X!!

The second semi if it lives up to the hype then this could be an epic, do we need to take into account that Wade could be mentally fatigued after his epic vs Part? I don't think so, BUT the longer it goes I may be swaying towards Lewis.

The averages for this match are a little closer but still for Wade to average 94.92 for 9 whole sets is impressive imo.

So I will be backing Wade +1.5 sets @ 1.7X! Just incase it goes down to the wire!!

All in all it could be an epic night of darts, lets hope the crowd don't influence any results tonight and it is a good night all round!

I hope everyone had a good new years and that everyone has some luck with bets tonight Laugh

All the best, Welshie.
By:
Brian_Ookiebasher
When: 01 Jan 12 18:05
Yet another post from TSO to prove he is a Grade A c u nt
By:
happyhibee
When: 01 Jan 12 18:12
Theres some sort of history between them that might have started about Wade saying he had at least won a tv major despite Lewis constantly saying he was the better player. The question is would you rather have 1 world or 6 majors?
By:
woolwellgreen
When: 01 Jan 12 18:13
I think Whitlock will win the 1st semi 6-2. The second semi is too close to call, I can see it going the full 11 sets. All depends on who handles the crowd the best.
By:
Lori
When: 01 Jan 12 18:16
I fecking swear that last night we went for what was supposed to be a quiet curry and there were 12 of us. Me being the sober one.

Anyway, the curry house messed up and We ended up on "John's table " and "Table B"

I kid you not when I say that these two tables started singing songs at each other and none of the knobs I was out with watch darts.

A truly horrific night.
By:
The-Special-One
When: 01 Jan 12 18:16
hamilton will take a pounding today
By:
The-Special-One
When: 01 Jan 12 18:17
cant believe some of you lot are considering backing hamilton.... i really can
By:
thegame
When: 01 Jan 12 18:18
Hibee...don't think Wade will be overly bothered, he'll be confident of winning at least two of the next ten World's, probably more..
By:
LynchFergal
When: 01 Jan 12 18:19
lol Lori. Shudda left.
By:
Lori
When: 01 Jan 12 18:25
It was very very close
By:
Welshie5121
When: 01 Jan 12 18:29
Lori - quick question, if I recall correctly you were on the snooker forum around the time of the shootout... Do you have any idea when it is again this year? I believe it was sometime in jan last year... Thanks!
By:
Lori
When: 01 Jan 12 18:30
I don't remember but I'll have a look around in a few mins
By:
johnwark
When: 01 Jan 12 18:30
Hamilton doesn't deserve to be 2/1. He seems to be a lot better with his crucial doubles

saying that i've taken the cowards way out and done Hamilton +2.5 sets at 1.65
Page 1 of 70  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 70 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com