Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DHB
31 Dec 11 06:21
| Topic/replies: 516 | Blogger: DHB's blog
I'm not a follower of darts outside the two world championships but even I know he keeps blowing it here (not quite as bad as Gary Anderson used to do). I'm not doubting he's got form outside the Lakeside but losing to Woods, Fitton, Phillips and Bunting is pretty embarrassing. It's not as if the people who beat him have gone to the PDC.
Pause Switch to Standard View Why is Waites favourite for the BDO?
Show More
Report YCMMEI December 31, 2011 7:26 AM GMT
Not many BDO players with much class, he is one of the few that has class
Report DHB December 31, 2011 7:34 AM GMT
I'm not doubting his class. It's his bottle I'm worried about.
Report the silverback December 31, 2011 8:17 AM GMT
Don't see how anyone can question his bottle to be honest.

Grand Slam?
Report LynchFergal December 31, 2011 12:01 PM GMT
He's basically cleaned up on BDO circuit in 2011 also
Report DHB December 31, 2011 2:27 PM GMT
The GSOD is not a World Championship though.
Report Dotchinite December 31, 2011 2:29 PM GMT
Quality is much higher at Lakeside. GSOD never has Adams or Walton for starters.
Report DHB December 31, 2011 4:59 PM GMT
Don't think I was clear. I didn't mean the quality is higher at Lakeside than GSOD. I meant the pressure of becoming a world champion might be getting to Waites. I'd expect a favourite to have got to the semis in four previous efforts.
Report DartsnBooze December 31, 2011 5:39 PM GMT
Only Winstanley can match Waites high scoring power. Sadly those don't win you matches. Enter Sir Bobby "Luvvly Bubbly" George, "Scoring for show, Doubles for Dough" Laugh

Here's one for you BDO knockers...Name the 4 semi finalists in pdc world champs? Devil

YCMMEI
Date Joined:     29 Jan 09
Add contact | Send message
31 Dec 11 07:26 Joined: 29 Jan 09 | Topic/replies: 1,101 | Blogger: YCMMEI's blog
Not many BDO players with much class, he is one of the few that has class
Rate reply:
Report DartsnBooze December 31, 2011 5:39 PM GMT
^^^ jubbly Blush
Report DartsnBooze December 31, 2011 5:45 PM GMT
DHB, i've had a good trawl through the field and it's littered with 80's averages.

Therefore i can see only a handful of players having a realistic chance of being world champ. Hence the reason Waites sits top of the pile as joint fav with Wolfie @ 4/1. Winstanley @ 13/2. 14/1 bar the 3.

C'mon Deano! Cool
Report jakkyviking January 2, 2012 3:03 AM GMT
Of the outsiders I think Jan Dekker might be worth a couple of quid...
Report Hugh-Mongous January 2, 2012 3:10 AM GMT
Mr.Coat?
More like Mr.Scrot...only without the balls Devil
At best, a QF place for him I'd suggest, as even thought I admit there's a half decent player in there somewhere, he's just light years behind about half a dozen others at the moment.

Save your money squire Devil

I think Winstanley in the GSOD looked like a player that would definitely be in the top 16 of the PDC, within a year and pushing for a PL place in 2013.
Report jakkyviking January 2, 2012 3:17 AM GMT
haha - fair enough... Just scanning the outsiders and I've seen him look decent on a few occasions so I thought he could be worth a small shout...

Incidentally, as you seem to be pretty knowlegable on all of this, whatever happened to Kellett who JD beat last year? He demolished his opponent in the first round and looked real good... 

I've heard he had a bad year, but he looked so promising at one point!
Report Hugh-Mongous January 2, 2012 3:49 AM GMT
I don't know as much about the BDO crowd as I do about the PDC, but STEER CLEAR of Kellett...he hasn't even qualified, as is the same with Bunting!

They're still in the B/F markets and people shouldn't be getting raped with this disgusting ineptitude shown by Bet SCUM Angry

Here's a link to the first round ties, so best of luck with your bets Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_BDO_World_Darts_Championship
Report Zazu January 2, 2012 9:24 AM GMT
waites is almost max bet material imvho

he's be a menace in the PDC Cool
Report bristoldoug January 2, 2012 9:40 AM GMT
Waites played poorly in in the couple of events I saw him in this year - though can't remember which ones. Have backed him before and lost. For me it's either Wolfie, Deano or the Count.
Report Zazu January 2, 2012 9:59 AM GMT
he won the masters with a 100 average in every round? Confused
Report DartsnBooze January 3, 2012 3:17 AM GMT
Scotty also won the Zuiderduin Masters last month. Both top averages Cool

Waites (99.62) 5-4 Darryl Fitton (97.91)
Report AIDSMcGUG January 3, 2012 1:54 PM GMT
Dotchinite
31 Dec 11 14:29
Joined:  19 Apr 04 | Topic/replies: 2,466 | Blogger: Dotchinite's blog
Quality is much higher at Lakeside. GSOD never has Adams or Walton for starters.

GrinWTF would "john boy" add to the GSOD ??
Report Hugh-Mongous January 3, 2012 2:50 PM GMT
"WTF would "john boy" add to the GSOD ??"

A larger bar-bill would be assured Aids...though he is a former Champion  too!

Everyone seems to be bigging up the BDO, and I'm convinced you're all taking the piss, but there are no 'devilish' Devil emoticons, and I'm very puzzled Confused

Kong ranked 4, Robson 5 & Mr.Coat at 6? WTF Laugh

The first two rounds often produce some hilarious scores, and the BBC only provide the average of their first 9 darts, so we all won't be in bulk at them! Laugh

There just isn't a comparison to be made with the relative standards, and the BDO is just cheap in every department...even the noise made when the dart hits the cheap-arsed board pisses me off - EVERYTHING bar a handful of players, is sub-standard!

There is plenty of flak for Dr.Rod & his medics on Sky, but the coverage at Lakeside is fourth-rate.

Also those disgusting fcukers at the BBC are doing their 'fcuk-you darts!' impressions (as with their racing coverage) and are only covering when there's no wheelchair tennis or paralympic balloon-bending they can squeeze in! Give ITV4 a fcukin' chance then!Angry

I despise the BBC and I point-blank REFUSE to pay the cuunts, in protest to the semen they've bleated out in the past, that they are fully committed to showing the best racing etc. for years!
They've lied through their balls and there's ALWAYS been an agenda.

I already pay through my hooter for Sky, and there's no way I'm forking out to another bunch of greasers at ESPN - I'll be needing a stream guys Grin
Report DartsnBooze January 3, 2012 3:18 PM GMT
What a hoot! I can't reply without pissing myself. Great humour Laugh

Hey, who's taking the piss out of john boy and his teddy? I've always seen him bag impressive averages plus he loves the big out shots too. Not one to discard lighlty.

Time to get out the black marker and erase half the field.

I don't particularly like Atkins but he's got a mean streak in him that says he's a right bastard. Something that's required to stand up to the Westy's Devil
Report DHB January 3, 2012 4:46 PM GMT
Saw for the first time last night on Youtube the Waites/Wade GSOD match. Very amusing.
Report DHB January 11, 2012 8:27 PM GMT
Scott Waites - the Greg Norman of BDO darts?
Report JaneWarner January 12, 2012 8:42 PM GMT
Good shout, DHB.
I backed Waites on here. Last time I'll do that at Lakeside, but I might back him for a PDC title when he switches... which he might do next week.
Report DHB December 26, 2012 12:59 PM GMT
Might as well continue my thread from last year! However, he doesn't even have Hankey and Winstanley to contend with now.
Report charwell. December 27, 2012 7:56 PM GMT
But he has Bunting who is mustard now!
Report Mike-lfc December 28, 2012 2:52 AM GMT

Jan 3, 2012 -- 8:50AM, Hugh-Mongous wrote:

"WTF would "john boy" add to the GSOD ??"A larger bar-bill would be assured Aids...though he is a former Champion  too!Everyone seems to be bigging up the BDO, and I'm convinced you're all taking the piss, but there are no 'devilish'  emoticons, and I'm very puzzled Kong ranked 4, Robson 5 & Mr.Coat at 6? WTF The first two rounds often produce some hilarious scores, and the BBC only provide the average of their first 9 darts, so we all won't be in bulk at them! There just isn't a comparison to be made with the relative standards, and the BDO is just cheap in every department...even the noise made when the dart hits the cheap-arsed board pisses me off - EVERYTHING bar a handful of players, is sub-standard!There is plenty of flak for Dr.Rod & his medics on Sky, but the coverage at Lakeside is fourth-rate.Also those disgusting fcukers at the BBC are doing their 'fcuk-you darts!' impressions (as with their racing coverage) and are only covering when there's no wheelchair tennis or paralympic balloon-bending they can squeeze in! Give ITV4 a fcukin' chance then!I despise the BBC and I point-blank REFUSE to pay the cuunts, in protest to the semen they've bleated out in the past, that they are fully committed to showing the best racing etc. for years!They've lied through their balls and there's ALWAYS been an agenda.I already pay through my hooter for Sky, and there's no way I'm forking out to another bunch of greasers at ESPN - I'll be needing a stream guys

Laugh

So true about the BDO. Though i watch it for the comedy. Watching Anthony Fleet vs Martin Adams is still one of my tv highlights.

Report noadis December 28, 2012 9:54 AM GMT
Was Fleet nervous, drunk or a bit of both there?  That was hilarious, came all the way over from Canberra & talked himself up prior to the game Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com