Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
robo
30 Dec 11 16:43
| Topic/replies: 1,562 | Blogger: robo's blog
Just wondering ??
Pause Switch to Standard View Do you have to be scum to go to the...
Show More
Report sickoflayinwinners December 30, 2011 6:01 PM GMT
no but its is advisable
Report daz550 December 30, 2011 6:04 PM GMT
either that or a dart players wife/girlfriend
Report dddddew December 30, 2011 6:22 PM GMT
cant believe they boo'd part when he was on double 9, jesus only a year ago they hated wade

massive advantage for english players here
Report dddddew December 30, 2011 6:22 PM GMT
cant believe they boo'd part when he was on double 9, jesus only a year ago they hated wade

massive advantage for english players here
Report ArmchairIdiot December 30, 2011 6:29 PM GMT
If booing the opposition amounts to being 'scum', then hang the fcking lot of us.
Report PIP99 December 30, 2011 6:31 PM GMT
YES

SO YOU CAN GO WILL FIT IN VERY WELL WITH THE OTHER SCUM
Report ArmchairIdiot December 30, 2011 6:31 PM GMT
English please?
Report ArmchairIdiot December 30, 2011 6:32 PM GMT
get a grip u pocket talking numpties
Report Dr Gonzo December 30, 2011 6:42 PM GMT
ArmchairIdiot - ever considered that it's not all about betting, but that we think sportsmanship is important?

Sounds like you'd fit in well with the cretins who infest the big tournaments these days.
Report ArmchairIdiot December 30, 2011 6:50 PM GMT
The times, they are a changin, Gonzo. I wasn't awre the audience/boozers were sportsmen either. I may have to rethink my views...Crazy
Report The Priest December 30, 2011 7:04 PM GMT
Must admit it was funny seeing how in the most exciting parts of the game the audience more bothered about chanting football songs at each other, well Sky you got what you wanted but its now gone too far down the other way, i also love the fact that Sky stopped showing people in fancy dress as there was so much chanting from large sections of the crowd, and of course Dave Clark and co were not allowed to say anything untowards.  This championship has by far been the worse for fan behavioir ive ever seen at a Darts comp and i'm using the term 'Fan' in the broardest sense.
Report ArmchairIdiot December 30, 2011 7:09 PM GMT
Nowhere near. I take it this is the first darts tournament you've ever witnessed?
Report The Priest December 30, 2011 7:13 PM GMT
Its the first tourney ive seen where the football style chants seem to be more prevalent each game, before it seemed to be just normal chanting but there seems to be a darker undertone to this years event, as usual Sky act like the proverbial Ostrich.
Report The Priest December 30, 2011 7:14 PM GMT
Btw if it isnt i do apologise, only watch nDarts on a casual basis before but have taken more of an interest this year due to playing a bit more and some  more bets placed.
Report Danno December 30, 2011 7:17 PM GMT
Why can't the security just walk round and tell the football chanters to sit down and shut up?
Seems pretty simple to me.
Report ArmchairIdiot December 30, 2011 7:17 PM GMT
Because it's allowed?
Report ArmchairIdiot December 30, 2011 7:22 PM GMT
Riiiiight - only dart songs please... The song police will be patrolling and any non'darting pyrics tothe tune of 'Go West' will result in mass ejection Crazy
Report robo December 30, 2011 7:28 PM GMT
Looks to me that armchairidiot is well named and he doesnt have to be sitting down to be one,its a full time occupation
Report ArmchairIdiot December 30, 2011 8:35 PM GMT
On the contrary - I'm an oasis of common sense and realism in a desert of utter wank.
Report jon b December 30, 2011 9:03 PM GMT
how boring would darts be without a crowd ,to call people scum is a disgrace robo , get a grip
Report a bitofinterest December 30, 2011 9:04 PM GMT
yes you do,and i'm living proof Plain
Report alun2005 December 30, 2011 9:28 PM GMT
I bet you were throwing away twenties like confetti to have your photo taken with Big Cliff and Even Bigger Henderson weren't you?
Report a bitofinterest December 30, 2011 9:36 PM GMT
my mate went up to brissy and told him he was on income support and could he have a free photo

brissy shook his head and walked off Laugh
Report stu December 30, 2011 9:41 PM GMT
To be fair to the crowd they are mostly p1ssed up lads, and been shown for some time that that is what is expected of a darts crowd.
Report stu December 30, 2011 9:42 PM GMT
Sky practically encourage it.
Report Birchola December 30, 2011 9:55 PM GMT
I went to the darts once.  The Premier League in Cov.  The compere came on beforehand and asked that we make as much noise and chant to create an atmosphere for the cameras.

Wouldn't go again.  Not because of the chanting but because it's hardly a spectacle when you can't see the board unless you've got tables right at the front.  You're better off watching it at home.

I do agree that it's out of order with all the booing and chanting whilst the players are at the ockey though.
Report alun2005 December 30, 2011 10:05 PM GMT
Laugh

Nice one Brissy
Report Zippie..the..hippie December 30, 2011 10:45 PM GMT
It looks like the Football going pond life have taken to going to the darts now they can get pisssed and act like cuunts

I love atmosphere but it's all footie songs and putting the players off now

These vile creatures would be put down if I had my way ( and I don't mean decent folk who like a drink and a laugh )

Cricket is similar now with 20/20 ..full of w@nkers who usually watch football getting pisssed and singing w@nkie football songs about fukk all

I'd love to see one of the players fling his darts at a pisshead who gets too gobby
Report Zippie..the..hippie December 30, 2011 10:49 PM GMT
I see above the football theme has been brought up already

Footie chanting toospots are the biggest scum sucking vermin on gods earth FACT

They stick together like some poncy bunch of nomarks insulting anyone and everything

I love an atmosphere as I said but these football knuckle dregging scum should be dragged out by their bollox and shown the door.

20 somethings acting like filth
Report Roger Rover December 30, 2011 11:04 PM GMT
You cant afford the tables
Report Hamsterdam December 30, 2011 11:31 PM GMT
I'd still rather have it than silence like the Las Vegas Desert Classic. But it's annoying when there is a good game going on and there not even watching it Angry and they should definitely get rid of the stands.
Report The Mod father December 30, 2011 11:41 PM GMT
Winter gardens best for atmosphere imo, plenty of noise but normally respectful when players are throwing
Report GT December 31, 2011 12:24 AM GMT
in scotland they pour pints over adey lewis....that secc was vile atmosphere
Report ArmchairIdiot December 31, 2011 12:29 AM GMT
What a precious load of ****s some of you are, sat behinf your d your screems condemning people that bother to leave the house for a bit of fun.Laugh
Report DartsnBooze December 31, 2011 2:19 AM GMT
BDO World Champs is No'1 Love  You can feel the intensity in a match as it nears a conclusion, making the pressure much harder for the bdo lads to play through.

All that's missing at the PDC Worlds is Uncle Barry going on stage and thanking the crowds for making it the best darts experience ever?
Report the silverback December 31, 2011 8:25 AM GMT
I agree with the poster who suggested the atmosphere this year has been "darker"

The chanting has been quite pathetic really in terms of its content.

Even early in the last set of Part v Wade, "tables" and "seats" were chanting and pointing at each other without watching the darts - one of the most gripping matches you'll ever see.

I would love it if somehow they could replicate the fantastic atmosphere from Germany in the Euros. Singing all the way throughout the matches but massively furthering the overall experience. Adie Lewis o-le Adie Lewis o-le.

That kind of thing - and songs like VDVs can make it a pretty special place to be.
Report Java December 31, 2011 10:49 AM GMT
The problem isn't the chanting, it's that the crowd are of such low average intelligence that the chants aren't even funny.  Unfortunately Britain scores heavily in number of thickos per 100 population.  It's embarrassing how stupid they are.
Report The Moth December 31, 2011 10:55 AM GMT
This is not a new thing in other sports. Way back in 1983 i went to two Cricket World Cup Matches England v Pakistan and England v India.You would be arrested on the spot now for some of the chants that wnet on that day Blush
Report FatherMaguire December 31, 2011 11:15 AM GMT
Let them act like tools all they want, and if they want to boo players coming on stage, then thats unfortunate, but it doesnt detract from the event.

When they boo players as they are about to throw they should be chucked out, booing Part yesterday was absolutely atrocious. And for Armchair Idiot, this is Johns Parts livelihood, and the difference between him winning the event and losing in the quarters is £175,000 approx, and if he is put off by the antics of some morons then its time for darts to take a look at itself

Agree about the Winter Garden post, Ive been regularly, and never seen anything unsportsmanlike there. The Prem League is just a way for top players to rake in a load of cash and nobody really gives a fluck until the final stages
Report daz550 December 31, 2011 3:35 PM GMT
it keeps them of the streets
Report daz550 December 31, 2011 3:39 PM GMT
it keeps them off the streets

it feels safer on the streets when the darts is on.
Report stu December 31, 2011 4:29 PM GMT
To be fair, again, to the fans doing this they're hardly breaking the law are they? If there was a law against being loud and boozed up then about 60% of the population would be currently inside. I don't agree there's anything intrinsically wrong with a good boozed up football atmosphere, as long as there's no actual violence involved.

If anyone wants to blame anyone blame the organisers who obviously promote this type of atmosphere. If they didn't allow it, it wouldn't happen.
Report DartsnBooze December 31, 2011 5:16 PM GMT
Bruce Spendley has given up stopping a game mid match to say "Ladies and Gentlemen, please, no calling out while the players are throwing. Best of order please....etc" Grin Grin Grin
Report Hugh-Mongous December 31, 2011 5:18 PM GMT
Very much disagree with you Stu, but you're right about the organisers who are entirely responsible for this mess.

A veritable collection of greedy mercenaries that don't give a fcuk about the sport Sad

Where do you draw the line on crowd involvement then?
Might we one day see this at a snooker tournament?

There was once a time when there was no trouble at football matches...this is a time-bomb! Sad
Report DartsnBooze December 31, 2011 5:51 PM GMT
It's good to see it's not a southern bias of unruliness at the worlds as the members of london city darts are as much up in arms as the rest of us and clearly want to distant themselves away from the morons.

Maybe time for Enola Gaye to pay a visit Devil
Report stu December 31, 2011 5:54 PM GMT
Hugh - I go to football with a group, we get boozed up we chant etc etc. What's wrong with that?

I also think you're a little rose-tinted thinking there was never trouble at football. There were deaths in the olden days, let alone trouble. But that is a different issue anyway - all football fans don't cause violence, that's just a Daily Mail view of it all.
Report Hugh-Mongous December 31, 2011 5:59 PM GMT
Stu - it's pissing the real darts fans off when bladdered vermin aren't even interested in watching it!
Never mind when they're barracking KJP on a crucial double.

I think crowd involvement is an integral part of the sport but there has to be a cap on it.

As someone else mentioned earlier...the Germans were fantastic in the Euro's (Dusseldorf?) making plenty of noise for a great atmosphere, but there was nothing to criticise about them, as they were proper fans.

It comes to something when I'm praising Krauts and putting the boot in on alleged Brits! Cry
Report stu December 31, 2011 6:05 PM GMT
Think we're talking a little at cross-purposes. You mean the atmosphere only at darts, not just crowds in general. Not necessarily disagreeing, just don't think it's the fans' fault in this, as they're encouraged.
Report Hugh-Mongous December 31, 2011 6:19 PM GMT
I'm guessing we were Stu as we seem on the same side - there was me thinking you were some kinda scum-sucking hooligan condoning these fcuks! DevilLaugh
Report stu December 31, 2011 6:25 PM GMT
Laugh I'm probably one of them, by your standards. Silly
Report stu December 31, 2011 6:25 PM GMT
To be fair, there are grades of fans, booze, chant etc....I do all those, but still class some others as complete tools in comparison to myself!
Report Enola Gay December 31, 2011 6:26 PM GMT
You called DartznBooze??
Report DartsnBooze December 31, 2011 6:35 PM GMT
lol Enola. I was thinking more along the lines of the american version
Report Hugh-Mongous December 31, 2011 6:39 PM GMT
Stu - I'm not some kind of ponce you know...Mischief

As in the immortal words of Anal Dirge Prat..."I've seen it all before. I've inhaled hashish. I've worn tall shoes. I had an afro haircut. I went on all weekend binges to Prestatyn to see Wings."  Laugh
Report stu December 31, 2011 6:44 PM GMT
Prestatyn Laugh
Report BornToWin December 31, 2011 8:41 PM GMT
We are a nation of neanderthals who need very little encouragement to behave in this boorish way. I chuckle to myself when the commentators say how popular darts is these days, no lads its the piss that is popular.

Well, whats better than paying £20 or whatever to go and stand in a large arena with other like minded tosspots getting plastered?
Report DartsnBooze January 1, 2012 4:39 AM GMT
When you put it like that it's a good day out and you don't get pissed of watching a **** display from your team. 3-4hrs of darts. I mean drinking
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com