Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
robo
30 Dec 11 16:43
| Topic/replies: 1,562 | Blogger: robo's blog
Just wondering ??

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 57
By:
sickoflayinwinners
When: 30 Dec 11 17:01
no but its is advisable
By:
daz550
When: 30 Dec 11 17:04
either that or a dart players wife/girlfriend
By:
dddddew
When: 30 Dec 11 17:22
cant believe they boo'd part when he was on double 9, jesus only a year ago they hated wade

massive advantage for english players here
By:
dddddew
When: 30 Dec 11 17:22
cant believe they boo'd part when he was on double 9, jesus only a year ago they hated wade

massive advantage for english players here
By:
ArmchairIdiot
When: 30 Dec 11 17:29
If booing the opposition amounts to being 'scum', then hang the fcking lot of us.
By:
PIP99
When: 30 Dec 11 17:31
YES

SO YOU CAN GO WILL FIT IN VERY WELL WITH THE OTHER SCUM
By:
ArmchairIdiot
When: 30 Dec 11 17:31
English please?
By:
ArmchairIdiot
When: 30 Dec 11 17:32
get a grip u pocket talking numpties
By:
Dr Gonzo
When: 30 Dec 11 17:42
ArmchairIdiot - ever considered that it's not all about betting, but that we think sportsmanship is important?

Sounds like you'd fit in well with the cretins who infest the big tournaments these days.
By:
ArmchairIdiot
When: 30 Dec 11 17:50
The times, they are a changin, Gonzo. I wasn't awre the audience/boozers were sportsmen either. I may have to rethink my views...Crazy
By:
The Priest
When: 30 Dec 11 18:04
Must admit it was funny seeing how in the most exciting parts of the game the audience more bothered about chanting football songs at each other, well Sky you got what you wanted but its now gone too far down the other way, i also love the fact that Sky stopped showing people in fancy dress as there was so much chanting from large sections of the crowd, and of course Dave Clark and co were not allowed to say anything untowards.  This championship has by far been the worse for fan behavioir ive ever seen at a Darts comp and i'm using the term 'Fan' in the broardest sense.
By:
ArmchairIdiot
When: 30 Dec 11 18:09
Nowhere near. I take it this is the first darts tournament you've ever witnessed?
By:
The Priest
When: 30 Dec 11 18:13
Its the first tourney ive seen where the football style chants seem to be more prevalent each game, before it seemed to be just normal chanting but there seems to be a darker undertone to this years event, as usual Sky act like the proverbial Ostrich.
By:
The Priest
When: 30 Dec 11 18:14
Btw if it isnt i do apologise, only watch nDarts on a casual basis before but have taken more of an interest this year due to playing a bit more and some  more bets placed.
By:
Danno
When: 30 Dec 11 18:17
Why can't the security just walk round and tell the football chanters to sit down and shut up?
Seems pretty simple to me.
By:
ArmchairIdiot
When: 30 Dec 11 18:17
Because it's allowed?
By:
ArmchairIdiot
When: 30 Dec 11 18:22
Riiiiight - only dart songs please... The song police will be patrolling and any non'darting pyrics tothe tune of 'Go West' will result in mass ejection Crazy
By:
robo
When: 30 Dec 11 18:28
Looks to me that armchairidiot is well named and he doesnt have to be sitting down to be one,its a full time occupation
By:
ArmchairIdiot
When: 30 Dec 11 19:35
On the contrary - I'm an oasis of common sense and realism in a desert of utter wank.
By:
jon b
When: 30 Dec 11 20:03
how boring would darts be without a crowd ,to call people scum is a disgrace robo , get a grip
By:
a bitofinterest
When: 30 Dec 11 20:04
yes you do,and i'm living proof Plain
By:
alun2005
When: 30 Dec 11 20:28
I bet you were throwing away twenties like confetti to have your photo taken with Big Cliff and Even Bigger Henderson weren't you?
By:
a bitofinterest
When: 30 Dec 11 20:36
my mate went up to brissy and told him he was on income support and could he have a free photo

brissy shook his head and walked off Laugh
By:
stu
When: 30 Dec 11 20:41
To be fair to the crowd they are mostly p1ssed up lads, and been shown for some time that that is what is expected of a darts crowd.
By:
stu
When: 30 Dec 11 20:42
Sky practically encourage it.
By:
Birchola
When: 30 Dec 11 20:55
I went to the darts once.  The Premier League in Cov.  The compere came on beforehand and asked that we make as much noise and chant to create an atmosphere for the cameras.

Wouldn't go again.  Not because of the chanting but because it's hardly a spectacle when you can't see the board unless you've got tables right at the front.  You're better off watching it at home.

I do agree that it's out of order with all the booing and chanting whilst the players are at the ockey though.
By:
alun2005
When: 30 Dec 11 21:05
Laugh

Nice one Brissy
By:
Zippie..the..hippie
When: 30 Dec 11 21:45
It looks like the Football going pond life have taken to going to the darts now they can get pisssed and act like cuunts

I love atmosphere but it's all footie songs and putting the players off now

These vile creatures would be put down if I had my way ( and I don't mean decent folk who like a drink and a laugh )

Cricket is similar now with 20/20 ..full of w@nkers who usually watch football getting pisssed and singing w@nkie football songs about fukk all

I'd love to see one of the players fling his darts at a pisshead who gets too gobby
By:
Zippie..the..hippie
When: 30 Dec 11 21:49
I see above the football theme has been brought up already

Footie chanting toospots are the biggest scum sucking vermin on gods earth FACT

They stick together like some poncy bunch of nomarks insulting anyone and everything

I love an atmosphere as I said but these football knuckle dregging scum should be dragged out by their bollox and shown the door.

20 somethings acting like filth
By:
Roger Rover
When: 30 Dec 11 22:04
You cant afford the tables
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 30 Dec 11 22:31
I'd still rather have it than silence like the Las Vegas Desert Classic. But it's annoying when there is a good game going on and there not even watching it Angry and they should definitely get rid of the stands.
By:
The Mod father
When: 30 Dec 11 22:41
Winter gardens best for atmosphere imo, plenty of noise but normally respectful when players are throwing
By:
GT
When: 30 Dec 11 23:24
in scotland they pour pints over adey lewis....that secc was vile atmosphere
By:
ArmchairIdiot
When: 30 Dec 11 23:29
What a precious load of ****s some of you are, sat behinf your d your screems condemning people that bother to leave the house for a bit of fun.Laugh
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 31 Dec 11 01:19
BDO World Champs is No'1 Love  You can feel the intensity in a match as it nears a conclusion, making the pressure much harder for the bdo lads to play through.

All that's missing at the PDC Worlds is Uncle Barry going on stage and thanking the crowds for making it the best darts experience ever?
By:
the silverback
When: 31 Dec 11 07:25
I agree with the poster who suggested the atmosphere this year has been "darker"

The chanting has been quite pathetic really in terms of its content.

Even early in the last set of Part v Wade, "tables" and "seats" were chanting and pointing at each other without watching the darts - one of the most gripping matches you'll ever see.

I would love it if somehow they could replicate the fantastic atmosphere from Germany in the Euros. Singing all the way throughout the matches but massively furthering the overall experience. Adie Lewis o-le Adie Lewis o-le.

That kind of thing - and songs like VDVs can make it a pretty special place to be.
By:
Java
When: 31 Dec 11 09:49
The problem isn't the chanting, it's that the crowd are of such low average intelligence that the chants aren't even funny.  Unfortunately Britain scores heavily in number of thickos per 100 population.  It's embarrassing how stupid they are.
By:
The Moth
When: 31 Dec 11 09:55
This is not a new thing in other sports. Way back in 1983 i went to two Cricket World Cup Matches England v Pakistan and England v India.You would be arrested on the spot now for some of the chants that wnet on that day Blush
By:
FatherMaguire
When: 31 Dec 11 10:15
Let them act like tools all they want, and if they want to boo players coming on stage, then thats unfortunate, but it doesnt detract from the event.

When they boo players as they are about to throw they should be chucked out, booing Part yesterday was absolutely atrocious. And for Armchair Idiot, this is Johns Parts livelihood, and the difference between him winning the event and losing in the quarters is £175,000 approx, and if he is put off by the antics of some morons then its time for darts to take a look at itself

Agree about the Winter Garden post, Ive been regularly, and never seen anything unsportsmanlike there. The Prem League is just a way for top players to rake in a load of cash and nobody really gives a fluck until the final stages
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com