Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happyhibee
30 Dec 11 06:12
| Topic/replies: 33,262 | Blogger: happyhibee's blog
Bit early here as unfortunately some of us have to go out and work. Hopefully home for the action starting though and potentially looks another tremendous day of darts. After 3/4 yesterday fingers crossed for another good day.

Andy Hamilton v Kim Huybrechts:
R3 - Hamilton bt Dave Chisnall 4-0
Ave: 99.08
180's: 6
Doubles hit: 50%
HC: 120

Huybrechts bt Paul Nicholson 4-1
Ave: 94.59
180's: 5
Doubles hit: 35%
HC: 110

Opening match sees the hammer take on the hurricane and quite an intriguing match for me. Hamilton played his best match v Chisnall scoring heavily and doubling really well and he made it look easy. He's now been in a battle and a cruise and either way he passed all the tests. Huybrechts on the other hand looked really nervy in set 1 yesterday but then he got a massive break when Nicholson missed stacks of doubles and from that point on he just totally relaxed and played extremely well. Think this is a tricky match as Hamilton looked like he might be underestimating the belgian in his interview but Kim is bound to be nervous as well and something tells me that Hamilton might handle it better. Given that I tipped Huybrechts pre tourney I'm happy to just watch this and hope he can get the job done.

Recommendation: No Bet

James Wade v John Part:
R3 - Wade bt Steve Farmer 4-0
Ave: 91.3
180's: 4
Doubles hit: 31%
HC: 116

Part bt Kevin Painter 4-2
Ave: 92.32
Doubles hit: 39%
HC: 161

Second match of the round sees Wade take on the 3 time champion John Part. To date Wade has not dropped a set but he still hasn't impressed me really. Just been lucky to run into some really underperforming opponents and it will be crucial to see if he can raise his game if put under pressure. Part didn't play that great in his win v Painter but as always he is still one of the best match players in the game. If he starts well I think he can push Wade but the opening 2 sets are vital for me as he has to be 1-1 at the very worst. Think he's just too big a price here for someone with his experience against an opponent who isn't exactly pulling up trees.

Recommendation: 1pt win John Part @ 5/2 (General)

Gary Anderson v Simon Whitlock:
R3 - Anderson bt Colin Lloyd 4-1
Ave: 100.65
180's: 10
Doubles hit: 45%
HC: 120

Whitlock bt Michael Van Gerwen 4-3
Ave: 95.84
180's: 12
Doubles hit 47%
HC: 112

First match of the night sees a potentially brilliant match between Anderson & Whitlock. It reminds me of the year Whitlock bt Wade at the same stage and that was one of the best games I've ever seen and something tells me this could be the same again. Anderson was absolutely imperious for much of his game v Lloyd last night and when he is in full flow there is not a better player to watch. For once he actually doubled well and if he continues in that vein then he will be tough to stop. Whitlock was superb again in patches but then started to crumble as MVG came back at him. However despite starting to falter he played a tremendous last set and probably ran out a deserved winner. The obvious bet here would be the 180's but I think the line of 20 is just scary high as it needs a long match and both of them to produce. I got caught last year with the same bet and Anderson just blew Barney away and I aint getting caught twice. I do think the checkout market is interesting though as it has potentially a lot of legs and Whitlock is easily the best high finisher in the game as he gives himself so many chances.

Recommendation: 2pt win over 132.5 HC @ 8/11 (Lads)

Adrian Lewis v Terry Jenkins:
R3 - Lewis bt Wayne Jones 4-0
Ave: 95.94
180's: 5
Doubles hit: 67%
HC: 109

Jenkins bt Justin Pipe 4-1
Ave: 102.64
Doubles hit: 43%
HC: 96

Last match of the day sees the defending champ Lewis take on the perennial bridesmaid Terry Jenkins. Lewis has been playing pretty funny this tourney showing his best in patches and then doing nothing at times but I've been really impressed by his doubling and not his scoring for a change. Jenks has played brilliantly all tournament and is showing the form of 2-3 years ago when he seemed to be in almost every final. He's doubled well and scored heavy and I think this is an interesting game to end the day. Lewis clearly fancies holding on to his title but Jenks is playing well enough to beat him if he starts well. Despite him not scoring well to date something tells me this is the match that Lewis might start to get busy on the 180's and Jenks is a good hitter of them too so I'm going to have a bet on the overs in this one.

Recommendation: 2pts win over 16.5 maxes @ 10/11 (BSQ)

Summary: Quite a quiet afternoon I feel which builds to a crescendo in the evening with 2 mouthwatering clashes. Hopefully we get 4 great games though to continue this brilliant tourney to date. Best of luck to all punting today and all views and banter is as welcome as ever. I now have to go to work for a few hours so catch you all later.
HH Happy

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 51  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 51 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 2,024
By:
YCMMEI
When: 30 Dec 11 06:31
Morning HH, cant see the big fuss about JP to be honest, think WADE Cool will destroy him, kim v hammer will be good game fancy hammer though, agree with other 2 selections hoping for the wizard & the bull to come through there respective ties

GL to everyone today, oh and bwt, i got on to Steve Farmer about busting the 176 on Facebook... & he unfriended me LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Steve Farmer
thanx everyone for your lovely messages just wasnt my day yesterday, but will be back there next year hopefully, hope you all have a nice new year take care xx
Like · · Share · 12 minutes ago near Telford, England ·

3 people like this.
        Michael McBain i liked the part where you bust your score on 176
        2 seconds ago · Like
By:
a180
When: 30 Dec 11 07:17
Best bet for me of the day is Anderson to have the most 180s against Whitlock at 5/6. Both have been hitting a lot of 180s and actually at an almost identical rate but I cant help but feel that in a longer match I would fancy Anderson to hit more 180s than anyone in the event with the possible exception of Lewis.
By:
jin_kazz
When: 30 Dec 11 07:39
thanks for the info

how many sets will they play in QFs? 4 or 5?
By:
scarecrow
When: 30 Dec 11 08:42
first to 5 sets bud.i see i made a good attempt pricing up hamilton at 1.65 during his match last night against chizzy as to his odds against kim today,i must be getting better at it.on a different note have you all seen sky news and the pictures of colin h2o jaws lloyd throwing his shirt into the crowd,hilartous scenes Laugh
By:
Brian_Ookiebasher
When: 30 Dec 11 09:35
Thanks for putting this up early HH.

Will follow you as usual and will add the Belgian to beat Thornton on the 180s
and agree that Anderson at 5/6 to beat Whitlock on the 180s is a cracking bet.

Right im off ...block H i am... well away from the idiots it seems.

GL ALL
By:
dachshund
When: 30 Dec 11 09:48
Is there a decent site for stats on the tournament so far? even as simple as 180s, double percentages etc?

Cheers
By:
u want some
When: 30 Dec 11 10:22
type PDC into google
By:
dachshund
When: 30 Dec 11 10:36
Thanks for your measured and thoughtful response.

The sites that I am looking at are pretty unhelpful, and was wondering if there is a decent resource I am missing
By:
three mile
When: 30 Dec 11 10:50
try darts database
By:
dachshund
When: 30 Dec 11 10:52
thank you - that's great
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 30 Dec 11 10:54
im having my biggest bet of the darts so far on a wade/hamilton double this aftertoon, just cant see it getting beat
By:
three mile
When: 30 Dec 11 10:55
lewis v Jenkins
think + 2.5 Jenkins is a good bet.The crowd will all be for the bull which will put Aidy off his stride if there not to busy singing stand up if your in the stands or you cant afford a table
I also like Anderson in a 180's match bet with Whitlock at 5/6 with Billy Hills.
By:
bris1
When: 30 Dec 11 10:55
might be an easier way but if you go here http://www.pdc.tv/page/WorldChamps and click on the daily reports you can see each players stats per game
By:
max1million
When: 30 Dec 11 10:59
although the Hammer has impressed beyond anything I would have expected of him this tournament, I cant bring myself to back him for the win in the first match. If huybrechts starts better than he did vs Nicholson and his confidence is up from the start then he'll put Hammy under the cosh!
By:
max1million
When: 30 Dec 11 11:00
hoping for an epic 5 - 4 win either way Hammer vs Huybrechts and going in the overs legs and 180 markets
By:
u want some
When: 30 Dec 11 11:11
im starting with £300 on Hamilton to have more 180's that Huybrechts
By:
u want some
When: 30 Dec 11 11:16
this may sound really cheeky but if i start a thread on this forum with hamilton v hutbrechts 180's will someone will be able to keep me upto date with them as i have to take my chick out today and it will be easier for me to follow them?
By:
happyhibee
When: 30 Dec 11 11:59
180 stats for anybody who's interested:
Hamilton - 19 in 68 legs
Huybrechts - 12 in 52 legs
Wade - 8 in 48 legs
Part - 8 in 57 legs
Anderson - 29 in 72 legs
Whitlock - 24 in 58 legs
Lewis - 18 in 65 legs
Jenkins - 15 in 54 legs
By:
theres only one best tonic
When: 30 Dec 11 12:10
HH really interesting part of that stat is that anderson has played more legs than anyone else
By:
Josha007
When: 30 Dec 11 12:18
The other interesting stat to note is that Hamilton has a better percentage of 180s than Huybrechts. But if his match with Chisnall would have gone another couple of sets last night, he surely would have hit more 180s.Not toally sure what to go for in the first match.Think Hamilton on the 180s match up is the one.
By:
theres only one best tonic
When: 30 Dec 11 12:24
but will hamilton be distracted by kims other half im pretty sure huybrechts wont be put off by the cheers and wolf whistles for mrs hamilton LaughLaugh
By:
scarecrow
When: 30 Dec 11 12:53
dame judy dench will be seething Devil
By:
Latalomne
When: 30 Dec 11 13:04
Was strong on Huybrechts the last two rounds but think you have to be with Hamilton at the prices today.
By:
fraser4348
When: 30 Dec 11 13:09
under 15.5 180's thats looking quite nice!
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
When: 30 Dec 11 13:12
good lad rodney Cool
By:
happyhibee
When: 30 Dec 11 13:13
so many players playing the best darts of their lives according to rod.

Mardle says they are all toss of the coin jobs but wouldnt fancy taking 4/11 about a coin toss??
By:
fayaz1
When: 30 Dec 11 13:13
lol
By:
LynchFergal
When: 30 Dec 11 13:14
Ruddy Hamilton
By:
Lori
When: 30 Dec 11 13:15
For the first time I'm surprised how long Hammer is. Hopefully I fluke the right outcome!

Still think Lewis is the best for the outright here, the experience should be worth a bit - also despite them repeating how bad he's playing, his averages have been 96.41 96.24 and 95.94 so there's not a great deal to find (My point being that that's nothing like sky are making out)
By:
LynchFergal
I know you've gotta be confident in yourself, but Hamilton's basically been AWOL for 2 years including TV. All of a sudden he thinks he's the man....
By:
happyhibee
Hes a nob aint he Fergal.

sat with my mate watching the arrers last night and when the QF line up came up we said there's about 5 we wouldn't mind seeing win it and 3 we dont want to win it. Hamilton was funnily in the 3 we would hate to see win it
By:
Lori
When: 30 Dec 11 13:16
Just can't take to the man at all.
By:
Lori
When: 30 Dec 11 13:17
Any news on Whitlock? I assume they'll be reporting that he fell downstairs this morning and was hit by a bus on the way to the tourney.
By:
CARDIFF1927
LaughHH yeas according to huey-dewi n lewi they are all coin tosses, but huey n dewi have taken all the favs
By:
Cosmo Kramer
Totally unplaced and unearnt arrogance from Hamilton, Come on Kym!
By:
fayaz1
U/0 how many times will Dana be on camera?? whats the spread?
By:
Hawkeye69
When: 30 Dec 11 13:18
By:
Lori
I can never remember CK, how good are you at this game in the scheme of things?

(How close to TV stages can you get, I remember itfc was always on the brink)
By:
LynchFergal
Depends how many legs Hamilton decides to win this in Fayaz
Page 1 of 51  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 51 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo