Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happyhibee
25 Dec 11 18:35
| Topic/replies: 33,262 | Blogger: happyhibee's blog
Hope all the regular forumites have had a great christmas. Thought I would stick this up as I might not have time before Tuesday and I'm bored senseless anyway so its as good a time as any Happy Looks like a great days action and I think there's a couple of corking bets so might as well get on with looking ahead to the 6 matches.

Terry Jenkins v Co Stompe:
R1 - Jenks bt Joe Cullen 3-0
Ave: 95.39
180's: 2
Doubles hit: 36%
HC: 116

Stompe bt Michael Smith 3-0
Ave: 88.64
180's: 4
Doubles hit: 43%
HC: 79

Opening match of the afternoon session sees a rejuvinated Terry Jenkins take on one of my favourites Co Stompe. Jenks played really well in his opening win over Joe Cullen and he carried on the form of the player champs event when he should have beat Phil Taylor. He is looking like he's putting the work in as he admitted that his form had dipped as he hadn't practiced enough but hes definitely playing a lot better than the previous 12 months. Stompe came through his opening match fairly easily but in all honesty wasn't under a great deal of pressure in the match. He averaged under 90 but doubled well which isn't always Co's strength and at his best this could be a really close match. Bet I like the look of is in the high check market as I have Jenks down as one of the better 100+ finsihers in the game and Stompe is more than capable as well.

Recommendation: 1.5pts win over 125.5 HC@ 5/6 (General)

John Part v Richie Burnett:
R1 - Part bt John Henderson 3-0
Ave: 88.82
180's: 1
Doubles hit: 39%
HC: 96

Burnett bt Mark Webster 3-2
Ave: 95.3
180's: 11
Doubles hit: 25%
HC: 121

Interesting 2nd match features 2 former world champs in Part & Burnett. Part was quite unimpressive for me in his opening win and was put under no pressure from a really below par opponent in John Henderson. I think he has been struggling on tv for a while and he needs to play better in my view to preogress further. Burnett on the other hand has gone from someone who looked like he was going only 1 way in the rankings to suddenly turning it round in the last 6 months. He had a great run to the semi's in Ireland and he continued it with a great win over Mark Webster in R1. He scored heavily and missed a lot of doubles but I was really impressed with how he composed himself to eventually get the win. I actually thought he might have been a bit shorter here and as such I think I'll risk a few quid on the welshman's renaissance continuing.

Recommendation: 1.5pt win Richie Burnett @ 4/5 (General)

Vincent Van Der Voort v Andy Hamilton:
R1 - VDV bt Mark Hylton 3-2
Ave: 95.7
180's: 11
Doubles hit: 46%
HC: 134

Hamilton bt Antonio Alcinas 3-2
Ave: 97.18
180's: 5
Doubles hit: 43%
HC: 125

Last game of the afternoon session sees a match between 2 heavy scorers who often throw in big scores with a load of rubbish doubling. VDV played exceptionally well in his opener and came through a hard test v Hylton to get into R2. He doubled well for a change and hit a ridiculous amount of maxes especially early in the match. He'll have to score well again if he wants to go on but he'll have lots of positive memories from his run to the quarters last year. Hamilton was victorious in probably the best quality match of R1 and overcame the spaniard Alcinas in what was a high quality and exciting encounter. He dug in really well when put under a barrage of high scores early and in the end probably just about deserved to win. I think this is a really hard match to call from the winning perspective but I really think the line of the maximums has been pitched too low. VDV hit 11 and Hamilton 5 in their 5 setters and I think this has potentially the look of a 6 or 7 set match. As such I think 10.5 maximums is just too low and is extremely beatable if they both bring their best.

Recommendation: 2pts win over 10.5 maxes @ 8/11 (BSQ)

James Richardson v Kim Huybrechts:
R1 - Richardson bt Ray Barneveld 3-0
Ave: 89.79
Doubles hit: 45%
HC: 145 x 2

Huybrechts bt Brendan Dolan 3-0
Ave: 88.62
Doubles hit: 45%
HC: 91

Opening match of the night session sees 2 names that might not be familiar to a lot of darts fans. Both players are playing at their first world championships and its fair to say that this is probably the most important match of both their careers. Richardson caused the biggest upset of R1 in beating Barney with ease and I was really impressed with his composure and doubling at important times. He didn't score that heavily but very few visits seemed to produce and less that 1 treble which was impressive. The question is now instead of having nothing to lose he has some expectation on himself and how will he cope? I tipped Huybrechts in R1 and he came through with ease and again I was impressed especially with his doubling. He can score heavier than he did v Dolan but again its a huge match and the question is will he perform to his best in a game that he probably thinks is very winnable? I think the match prices look about right and I'm finding it hard to find an edge here as I want Kim to come through as I tipped him to go deep in the outright markets. Before looking at the prices I wanted to get with Huybrechts on the most maxes market but then I see an odds on quote and I think I can pass at those prices.

Recommendation: No Bet

Phil Taylor v Dave Chisnall:
R1 - Taylor bt Haruki Muramatsu 3-0
Ave: 99.98
Doubles hit: 41%
HC: 98

Chisnall bt Mark Dudbridge 3-0
Ave: 98.52
180's: 3
Doubles hit: 29%
HC: 90

Really interesting test this is for the 15 time champion Taylor and I'm curious to see how Chisnall performs v the greatest there's ever been. Taylor strolled through R1 in first gear and this is a far greater test for him. He underperformed in the Players Champs before this tournament but before that he had played as well as ever in winning the Grand Slam and looked like he was at his peak for these 2 weeks. Chisnall played well in his win but Dudbridge is a shadow of the player he used to be and he has to realise that he's going to be put under a lot more pressure v Phil. There's no question his scoring is up there with any player in the PDC when he's at it but does he double well enough to put Phil to the sword? My gut says no but I do think this will be a very good game especially if Chissy starts well. However I can't find an edge at the prices and I'll sit back and watch hopefully a terrific match.

Recommendation: No Bet

Paul Nicholson v Alan Tabern:
R1 - Nicholson bt Mensur Suljovic 3-1
Ave: 91.01
180's: 4
Doubles hit: 39%
HC: 110

Tabern bt Christian Perez 3-1
Ave: 86.81
Doubles hit: 38%
HC: 149

Last match of the day sees the bad boy of darts take on the man who never gets a sky interview in Tabern. Nicholson came through a tricky match v the very awkward Suljovic and hit a couple of crucial shots at vital times in the win. He's putting himself under a lot of pressure in his quest to get a PL spot though and I think its playing on his mind a little bit. Tabern has been below par for a while on tv and the floor but he is someone who is capable of spells of very heavy scoring. While I don't think he is the best player in the world he is someone who can shock players like Nicho if they aren't on their game. The one bet that I think stands out though is most 180's simply because the price is too big. Nicholson hits lots of 140's but he isn't a prolific 180 hitter for me and Tabern is capable of hitting at least 5 or 6 in a longer match. As such I think the 10/3 is just a stupid price for him to hit the most.

Recommendation: 1.5pts win Tabern most maxes @ 10/3 (Slybet)

Summary: Quite a long preview due to the amount of matches and I like the look of several bets on the day. Hopefully after Friday's losses I get back on the winning trail or the doubters will be out in force again probably halfway through a match thats going wrong. All opinions and views are as welcome as ever and hopefully we can have the usual banter and chat as well as some winning bets along the way.
HH Happy

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 24  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 24 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 937
By:
Howdi
When: 25 Dec 11 21:56
no stopping this kid. Elizabeth if you reading this dont forget him in the new years honours list.
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
When: 25 Dec 11 22:08
can't wait to Laugh at everyone when kjp takes the ugly taffy twitcher to pieces CoolCool

Wink
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 26 Dec 11 13:44
Good stuff Hibee! I'm getting excited now we're in week 2 of the worlds. Lots of cracking betting opportunities springing up all over the place. Spoilt for choice - Let the good times roll.

I have it on good authority that KJP has been putting in the hours on the practice board. Scoring plenty of 180's and taking out many high scores. High calorie scores that is. All the mince pies are long gone and the great man's now on the last of the pork pies, all washed down by random top shelf concoctions. Grin
By:
richieboy44
When: 26 Dec 11 17:14
nice one HH , thank you for ur analysis and views

look forward to Burnett Vs. KJP , should be a cracking contest
By:
u want some
When: 27 Dec 11 10:35
Yep good write up as always HH. Im going with the checkouts though in the jenkins match and the VDV match. good luck all
By:
sonicanthem
When: 27 Dec 11 10:50
Happy hibee,

Alot of your selections match up with mine, think we both take the stats and recent form angle as our starting point.

Quick question, whats your opinion on Scotty Rand? i think he is destined for a top 10 ranking once he has had 2 years in the game.
By:
u want some
When: 27 Dec 11 10:57
I don't know wether is should do the HC actually in the jenkins match. can't make my mind up. For the same price you can get the HC in the VDV match and both have hit big checkouts already, oh i don't know what to do now
By:
happyhibee
When: 27 Dec 11 11:14
I think Rand looks very good mate been hugely impressed with him and think he can only improve
By:
u want some
When: 27 Dec 11 11:20
HH why do you think jenkins over 125 mate? has stompe injured his hand?
By:
happyhibee
When: 27 Dec 11 11:23
Put the bet up long before the dog bit him! Still think Jenks is capable himself but wouldnt be as confident now
By:
happyhibee
When: 27 Dec 11 11:27
Just reading that the bite happened 3 days ago, the swelling has gone down and it doesnt seem to be affecting Stompe that much. Think there's been a bit of overreaction in the prices personally
By:
u want some
When: 27 Dec 11 11:38
Yeah probably pal. i really cannot make my mind up so im probably best leaving the opener, im gonna be mad though if they hit the HC Laugh

Think Ritchie should beat part quite comfortably
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 27 Dec 11 11:41
Im thinking same about stompes hand

Good story to spread today for the interest point of view, hunch would be that hand will be fine
By:
YCMMEI
When: 27 Dec 11 12:00
Laying Jenks at 1.36, stompe wins firts set against throw for isntance then jenks in 1.8-2.0 easy
By:
u want some
When: 27 Dec 11 12:03
i never knew his nickname was Chizzee Rascal Laugh
By:
harry2.1
When: 27 Dec 11 12:06
Anyone got stats on week 1. On unders/overs onhighest finishes and 180's. Seems the bookies have been underestimating both, but I've missed a few days.
By:
the silverback
When: 27 Dec 11 12:09
thats not going to hamper him at all is it?
By:
YCMMEI
When: 27 Dec 11 12:10
1.3 for jenks, WTF LaughLaughLaugh
By:
Lori
When: 27 Dec 11 12:10
Morning all, happy new year etc
By:
YCMMEI
When: 27 Dec 11 12:11
you too lori
By:
YCMMEI
When: 27 Dec 11 12:11
had to lay jenks some more, he is not a 1.3 shot
By:
happyhibee
When: 27 Dec 11 12:12
Same to you Lori
By:
u want some
When: 27 Dec 11 12:12
harry i think you would of made a killing if you backed under the checkout line
By:
Lori
When: 27 Dec 11 12:13
"I'd back Taylor, and if Chisnall does beat him he'd be 8/1, so I'll back him too"

ffs
By:
happyhibee
When: 27 Dec 11 12:14
Rod Harrington should post on the other forums regularly as hes that much of a mug
By:
the silverback
When: 27 Dec 11 12:16
did he seriously say that?
By:
Lori
When: 27 Dec 11 12:17
Cowell Love
By:
RichyH
shaking hands with his left hand
By:
u want some
I've had £500 on Burnett, good luck everyone with your bets
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
When: 27 Dec 11 12:18
rather have the other 2 as a pair

but cowell LoveLoveLoveLove
By:
Lori
When: 27 Dec 11 12:19
Seems a fair assessment NS Happy

Won my consolation bowl in case the BOC care.. secured 11th draft pick in the process
By:
sickoflayinwinners
When: 27 Dec 11 12:19
bet of the days gotta  be burnett at 1.8ish to beat part, clearly superiorvto the in and out part.looks more like a 2 on chance to me and i wouldnt wanna lay that without trding chances.i rarely think that odds on is a tempting kinda bet but this looks nap material to me.4-0 v poss as well.
By:
u want some
When: 27 Dec 11 12:21
exactly the same with me sickoflayinwinners, i don't normally play match odds but gotta at that price. £500 on burnett and hopefully my winnings will be going on over 125 checkout VDV game

Painkillers would soon soothe your hand, definitely
By:
Saluting Darren Lockyer
When: 27 Dec 11 12:21
whats this..................darts or doctor in the house
By:
RichyH
When: 27 Dec 11 12:22
Brilliant Tezza
By:
Lori
When: 27 Dec 11 12:22