Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happyhibee
18 Dec 11 11:48
| Topic/replies: 33,262 | Blogger: happyhibee's blog
Bad start to yesterday was turned round somewhat with 2 winners in the evening tho I still can't quite figure out how the Nicholson match had 8 maxes! Grin On to today which doesnt look as exciting but hopefully still produce a winner or two.

Brendan Dolan v Kim Huybrechts:
Dolan had a terrific run in Dublin to reach the final and hit the first 9 darter in that tournaments history. However he played poorly at the GSOD and I dont think hes that good and was extremely flatted in the Grand Prix. Huybrechts on the other hand I've only seen once I think at the euros and I thought he looked very good. Heavy scorer and has a great action and I think he should be favourite here. As such I'm going to have a bet on him to reach R2.

Recommendation: 2pts win Kim Huybrechts @ Evs (General)

Connie Finnan v Warren French:
Evening's prelim match sees Warren French reappear v a player I know nowt about. I'm sure french has played before at the Ally Pally though and he was pretty poor from memory so I think he may struggle but won't be having a bet.

Recommendation: No Bet

Mark Dudbridge v Dave Chisnall:
Potentially the game of the evening between one of my favourite players Chisnall and somehow going the other way in the rankings. I've had a massive soft spot for Chissy ever since I backed him at 250/1 for his first BDO Worlds and he went within a whisker of beating Adams in R1. Massively heavy scorer, dreadful doubler and seems an all round good egg. Dudders on the other hand has not really produced for years now but he is also capable of some tremendous bursts of scoring. Bet I like the look of is the maxes as I think it goes 4 sets at least here and Chissy could cover the line on his own.

Recommendation: 2pts win over 7.5 maxes @ 8/11 (Lads)

Ray Barneveld v James Richardson:
Odd one to call is this as at the moment you have absolutely no idea what mood Barney will turn up in. It could be the guy who averaged 100+ in r1 of the players last week or it could be the headshaking one that we see far too often these days. Its fair to say that its Richardson biggest match of his career and while Barney might not be on top form his reputation and experience might be enough to see him through.

Mark Walsh v French/Finnan:
Walsh played ok in Doncaster last week and hes also a fairly consistent player in these early rounds. Whoever the opposition is he should have more than enough to get through but no prices available just yet.

Summary: Fancy kim to get us off to a good start early and then hopefully a 180athon in the Chissy match for another decent evening. All views and banter welcome to be shared as always and good luck to all on here **** punting tonight.
HH Happy

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 20  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 20 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 766
By:
CowaBanga
When: 18 Dec 11 12:03
i respect your picks happyhibee but why  Huybrechts? dolan has much more experience on the tv stage and has been in very good form reaching the final of a big tournament lately and giving taylor a hard game on tv which is hard to do especially in a final

this 1.90 seems a gift for dolan
By:
CowaBanga
When: 18 Dec 11 12:04
dave chisnall must be in the top 5 worst player at hitting pressure doubles
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 18 Dec 11 12:06
is there any point in continuing the championships after last night
By:
CowaBanga
When: 18 Dec 11 12:10
beaton was horrific yesterday,i still cant understand how he won

must be a lay for the next round surely
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Dec 11 12:36
Dont rate Dolan mate altho he reached a final I still dont think hes a good player and Huybrechts looked good last time on tv
By:
scarecrow
When: 18 Dec 11 12:46
does anyone know anything about this connie girl in the prelim match i watch a lot of darts but have never seen her play,is she as good as anastasia?.
By:
Hugh-Mongous
When: 18 Dec 11 14:02
HH - I don't think even Dolan rated Dolan before his Dublin exploits...he was excellent there, but was mystifyingly sh*t at the GSOD, when he should have been on the crest of a wave.

Huybrechts did look good in the Euros, but Dolan looked better than him in The Grand Prix, so it's a difficult one to be confident about.

I'd slightly favour the Belgian but I'd suggest minimal stakes, as it's like taking quality form from a conditions race into a handicap with Dolan!
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
When: 18 Dec 11 14:04
looks a bad night to me, dud vs chizzy might be decent if chizzy plays bad but i think i'll be nfl'ing tonight . best of luck
By:
u want some
When: 18 Dec 11 14:06
Great write up as usual HH. Although i don't agree with the chizzy 180's at 8/11. Same price as VDV - Hylton and that was over 6.5. This is over 7.5, I can't have that price, sorry. Im probably not gonna have a bet tonight. Won just under a grand yesterday and nothing really catches my eye today plus im going out on the lash for the evening.

Good luck to all though with your bets
By:
CowaBanga
When: 18 Dec 11 14:11
the grand slam of darts format is so short early on, cant really base dolans form on that tournament
By:
laynplay
When: 18 Dec 11 15:01
when I saw Huybrechts beat Wes Newton 10-8 in the euros he looked a proper player...good grouping around the 60 and solid on his doubles.
  first game on tonight so hopefully crowd behaving themselves.
Huybrechts should be fav for me as well...decent bet at evens.....as was caris at 5/2 Sad.
By:
a bitofinterest
When: 18 Dec 11 17:58
not too far kim Cool
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Dec 11 17:59
I actually think Huybrechts 3-0 at 7/1+ is a fair call as well. Might be blind to it but bar Dolans run in Dublin I just think he is a bang average player
By:
sickoflayinwinners
When: 18 Dec 11 18:04
i love to be with the rags if i can see any value in these 1st rounders but 1.9ish dolan looks the bet for me , once again moderate stakes for me.
By:
Lori
When: 18 Dec 11 18:04
Huybrechts rings a bell but I can't place where I've seen him
By:
Brian_Ookiebasher
When: 18 Dec 11 18:05
I just follow Happyhibee in blind.

GL sir
By:
RichyH
When: 18 Dec 11 18:05
I'm with Hibee on this one.Huybrechts Euro and Floor form of late is superb.Also going in on the overs on the 180s
By:
DartsnBooze
When: 18 Dec 11 18:07
My thoughts exactly on Dolan. Done little except have a great tournament in front a frenzied home crowd.

Very disapointed with his performance at the GSOD but wasn't surprised. I looked through my selections and had Wayne Jones to beat Dolan in the first round in Dublin. Dolan won that one before going all the way to final, but in Jones' own back yard of Wolverhampton a month or so later Jones' did a right number on Dolan and turned the tables. There my lord, is where i rest my case.

Kim was A-m-a-z-i-n-g in the Euro's and duly noted for future reference.

3 selections to hang my balls on...

Brendan Dolan 10/11 v Kim Huybrechts 1/1
Total 180's - Over 5.5 @ 4/5 b365 & pp 2pts

I have to say i'm with Hibee on this one. My top selection of the night is Dudbridge v Chisnall - Over 7.5 180's @ 8/11 Lads 3.3pts
Also Highest Checkout - Over 116.5 @ 4/5 corals 2pts

All selections blogged with various alternative markets played. Too many to warrant posting here.

Good luck everyone Grin
By:
Latalomne
When: 18 Dec 11 18:07
Rod wants to take Barney on the dustcarts!  There's a phrase I NEVER imagined I'd hear broadcast on live TV!
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 18 Dec 11 18:08
make a fantastic feature that
By:
DGK
I'm in the minority but I have a strong fancy for Dolan here.
By:
treble
He also wants to slap Barney.

I don't think that would be advisable Rod. Has he just slagged off the entire workforce of bin men as well.
By:
treble
When: 18 Dec 11 18:09
FFS Brissy, you're a grown man, take the Homer Simpson socks off.
By:
Lori
When: 18 Dec 11 18:10
Ovens shouldn't be building because he'll do his back but Barney should be on the bins.
By:
MC Roller
When: 18 Dec 11 18:10
Unlucky scarecrow, I thought you may have caught one at least. Happy
By:
RichyH
When: 18 Dec 11 18:12
Where's JWD?
By:
MC Roller
When: 18 Dec 11 18:14
The investors caught up with him.
By:
Lori
Cmon the hurricane
By:
Lori
Doaln carrying a pricing gun
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Dec 11 18:16
Kim has the darts too 3-0 looks an even better bet
By:
happyhibee
You will remember him from the Euros Lori he played well and went down narrowly to Barney in the end
By:
freddiek
"the fund has invested in xxxxxx @ 1.03" lol
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 18 Dec 11 18:17
this the lad with the cracking mrs ?
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Dec 11 18:18
Shes bang tidy yes.

Dolan looks very ill at ease here
By:
Brian_Ookiebasher
keep em there paddy
By:
Latalomne
PMSL at Gwynney!

"He's more deliberate with the first dart"

5 that throw

5 straight after (followed by a 1)....
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Dec 11 18:19
Gwynne was better when he said 154 its on. Before he had thrown a dart!
By:
Lori
When: 18 Dec 11 18:20
Nice that Gwynne's back, I was fearing he'd had a horrible incident with a gag.
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Dec 11 18:21
He was at the sheff wed game yesterday which meant i knew he couldnt make it to london to commentate
Page 1 of 20  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 20 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com