Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happyhibee
17 Dec 11 08:24
| Topic/replies: 33,262 | Blogger: happyhibee's blog
Gonna be a long one due to a double header today and 10 matches on the card. I think there's a couple of decent bets today as well so best crack on with it Happy

Peter Wright v Jelle Klaasen:
Opening match is potentially a really good game between 2 good but slightly inconsistent players. I feel Wright is improving all the time on tv and seems to be becoming more and more comfortable on stage. He obviously gets a lot of coverage for his crazy hair but sometimes it detracts from the fact hes a very good player. Klaasen on the other hand seems to be having more off days than on days and its all about what sort of mood he turns up in. Bet I like in this is over 6 180's as while both are inconsistent they are also very capable max scorers. Throw in the fact that some of these 1st round matches have had some crazy max scoring and I think this is a very good bet.

Recommendation: 2pts win over 6.5 maxes @ 4/5 (PP)

Dietmar Burger v Christian Perez:
First prelim match today and while there's been some half decent players in them in the past I'm still not a fan of them and certainly won't be getting involved. Playing for the right to face Tabern later in the session and I doubt he'll be overly concerned by either.

Recommendation: No Bet

Ronnie Baxter v Steve Farmer:
I think this match features the one player who I've got wrong the most in my entire punting career on darts. If I oppose Baxter he plays out of his skin and if I back him he plays like a dog. Hence the reason I very rarely get involved in his matches. I've seen Farmer a couple of times and hes not actually a bad player and this could be a close match. I genuinely don't have a strong opinion about who's going to go through here though.

Robert Thornton v Ian White:
Thornton has been on a downswing now for what seems like about 2 years and where I was once a big fan he seems to have lost the ability to score as heavily as he once did. White on the other hand played really well at the GSOD and if he copes with the venue probably should be fav here. I think he might have been a bigger price when betting first opened but even at odds against now I think White is a decent call to turn over the scotsman.

Recommendation: 1pt win Ian White @ 5/4 (General)

Alan Tabern v Burger/Perez:
No prices available until qualifier is known and while I wouldnt be keen on Tabern at too short a price he should probably still win.

Steve Beaton v Magnus Caris:
First match of the evening session sees The Adonis take on the comeback man Magnus Caris. I love to watch Beaton as hes got one of the purest throws in the game when he is playing well. Hes also showing a lot more form and he'll be hopeful of progressing thru 2 or 3 rounds here. Caris is a former BDO world semi finalist who has only recently got back to playing on the circuit again in the last 18 months. Hes a fairly solid guy but doesn't scream to me that he has a really streaky spell of power scoring in him. I think Beaton will come thru this but 2/5 doesnt inspire me to dive in.

Kevin Munch v Lee Choon Peng:
My only wish for this is that Munch had played burger so we could have had some great puns based around munching burgers! Will go and make my tea at this point I think although both must be nervous about the prospect of a meeting with Mr Saturday Night himself.

Vincent Van Der Voort v Mark Hylton:
VDV reached the quarters here last year and it took the eventual champion Lewis to beat him. It was probably the most consistency he'd shown for ages though as he is capable of chucking some rubbish in amongst 180's. Hylton is a player who I think is really decent and has a very good all round game. He scores really well and he doubles to a decent standard too and hes a player who I think will only rise up the rankings. I really like the max bet again here as VDV is capable of a few but Hylton hits loads and I see this match going 4 or 5 sets.

Recommendation: 2pt win over 6.5 maxes @ 8/11 (Lads)

Paul Nicholson v Mensur Suljovic:
Start of the campaign for the "NEW ECHELON" and Nicholson knows he needs a good run here to get a place in the PL that he obviously craves so desperately. He played poorly last week at the Players but he wasnt the only one and I wouldnt read too much into that. He does have a tricky R1 match tho as Suljovic is a player who has done me numerous favours in the past and knocked out Wade here last year. if Nicholson is at it he should win but if he is slightly off then Sully can definitely take advantage as despite his slowness and strange style he is very effective. Yet again I think the maxes is a bet here as Suljovic especially can score really well and Nicho isn't any slouch either. I think this will go 4 sets so the line of over 6 is definitely beatable.

Recommendation: 2pts win over 6.5 maxes @ Evs (General)

Denis Ovens v Munch/Peng
No betting yet but that won't bother the regulars on here as our favourite Captain Hobo makes his entrance. Its only fitting that Mr saturday night himself closes the days action and he should win to please his millions of fans around the world.

Summary: Really looking forward to this today and really strong on the 180 bets which I think are all very beatable. White also looks the best price of the match odds and hopefully all goes well for the tips. All views and opinions welcome as ever as is the usual banter with everybody on here. Best of luck to all punting and may all your bets be winners.
HH Happy
Pause Switch to Standard View *** World Darts Championships - Day 3...
Show More
Report fayaz1 December 17, 2011 11:29 PM GMT
retired
Report u want some December 17, 2011 11:29 PM GMT
imo bets will be void if he retires
Report aberdonia December 17, 2011 11:29 PM GMT
He is an Oven. Mischief

although i thought he was "The Heat".

Wonder if Mardle has a betfair account?
Report Kriskin December 17, 2011 11:29 PM GMT
Match is over
Report Nilsson Schmilsson December 17, 2011 11:29 PM GMT
posted on here a few times did mardle
Report spiller1 December 17, 2011 11:30 PM GMT
Yep pulls out
Report Kriskin December 17, 2011 11:30 PM GMT
Will bets be void???
Report Latalomne December 17, 2011 11:30 PM GMT
* If a match is not completed for any reason then bets on any handicap market will be void unless the market has been unconditionally determined.
*  If a match is not completed for any reason then bets on 'any correct score' or 'next leg/game/set' market will be void unless the market has been unconditionally determined.

Never had cause to check 'retirement rules' on the darts before....  So if Munch gets a 2-0 lead and The HEAT turns it in, the market will still be settled, yeah?
Report jp0123 December 17, 2011 11:30 PM GMT
should not have fcuking started
Report sickoflayinwinners December 17, 2011 11:30 PM GMT
do we still cop on munch if  dennis retires after 1 set
Report Dado7029 December 17, 2011 11:30 PM GMT
wow i was lucky to switch the bet there
Report Latalomne December 17, 2011 11:31 PM GMT
ARSE!
Report ArmchairIdiot December 17, 2011 11:31 PM GMT
Ovens wont give a toss - he's have told his mate to go full bank on Munch, and then he can blame Sky!
Report KJPG December 17, 2011 11:31 PM GMT
void
Report Biscuit1979 December 17, 2011 11:31 PM GMT
Money all gone before it's even announced on the tv, backstage gamblers cleaning up
Report MARILYNMANSON December 17, 2011 11:31 PM GMT
In the event of a match starting but not being completed, the player progressing to the next round will be deemed the winner (or in the case of the final the player declared the winner).

·         If a match is not completed for any reason then bets on 'any correct score' or 'next leg/game/set' market will be void unless the market has been unconditionally determined.

·         If a match is not completed for any reason then bets on any handicap market will be void unless the market has been unconditionally determined.
Report Latalomne December 17, 2011 11:31 PM GMT
Win market looks like it should stand.
Report STEPTOES YARD December 17, 2011 11:31 PM GMT
hope those two walk on babes are doing there best on the hobos bad back
Report alun2005 December 17, 2011 11:31 PM GMT
A night of utterly mad betting manoeuvres
Report the geek December 17, 2011 11:32 PM GMT
is it void?
Report richieboy44 December 17, 2011 11:32 PM GMT
what happens to the match odds market on here ? is it voided ?
Report the geek December 17, 2011 11:32 PM GMT
is it void?
Report KJPG December 17, 2011 11:32 PM GMT
match market settled
Report Kriskin December 17, 2011 11:32 PM GMT
Bets will be void by Betfair if they go by other sports rules
Report RichyH December 17, 2011 11:32 PM GMT
Sky Bet will pay out on in running betsHappy
Report STEPTOES YARD December 17, 2011 11:32 PM GMT
bet rod cleaned up
Report jin_kazz December 17, 2011 11:32 PM GMT
not void!!!

moneyz $$$$$$$$$$$4
Report KJPG December 17, 2011 11:33 PM GMT
Munch wins just got the cash for it
Report alun2005 December 17, 2011 11:33 PM GMT
LOL Steppy
Report Latalomne December 17, 2011 11:33 PM GMT
According to the rules, it should stand with Munch settled as the winner.
Report jp0123 December 17, 2011 11:33 PM GMT
fcuking load of bollix... should not have been kept SECRETTTTTTTTTTTTT
Report Nilsson Schmilsson December 17, 2011 11:33 PM GMT
NEVER BET ON ANYTHING THAT TALKS
Report MARILYNMANSON December 17, 2011 11:33 PM GMT
Munch is deemed the winner in win market.
Report OHnewknees December 17, 2011 11:33 PM GMT
me too 4.5 Munch Laugh
Report STEPTOES YARD December 17, 2011 11:33 PM GMT
Will they cancel the tournie now ?
Report Hami December 17, 2011 11:33 PM GMT
thats absolute bollicks that is , theft
Report alun2005 December 17, 2011 11:33 PM GMT
Great to see Dr Harrington with his expertise on mdical matters again.
Report jp0123 December 17, 2011 11:33 PM GMT
settled ... u cbut obvens
Report Kriskin December 17, 2011 11:34 PM GMT
Ab absolute disgrace.  The game aint straight.  Ovens was NEVER fit to play.  AN INQUIRY should be held into that.
Report Hugh-Mongous December 17, 2011 11:34 PM GMT
I can't believe that I was THAT greedy AND stupid!

1.23 changed to around 1.37 and then to 1.56 in seconds and I threw the towel in and just laid The Carpet-muncher for loads at small prices! Cry
Report Hawkeye69 December 17, 2011 11:34 PM GMT
Thats a scandal
Report ArmchairIdiot December 17, 2011 11:34 PM GMT
cuunts. 365 have voided it.
Report richieboy44 December 17, 2011 11:34 PM GMT
BOOOOm , settled in full , loverly jubbly
Report a bitofinterest December 17, 2011 11:34 PM GMT
Cool
Report MC Roller December 17, 2011 11:34 PM GMT
I remember Romo playing for dallas in the nfl with smashed ribs. Darts players can't handle minor back pain and wasp stings. I bet they still necked the pints though through the agony.
Report RichyH December 17, 2011 11:34 PM GMT
Sky Bet have paid meCool
Report STEPTOES YARD December 17, 2011 11:34 PM GMT
going to be a pretty damn hollow victory for the tournie winner now

like all those cheap majors given out whilst tiger was crocked
Report jp0123 December 17, 2011 11:35 PM GMT
theft ... yeah dennis.. giv it a shot... hope ur fcuking arm falls off
Report paddletoe December 17, 2011 11:35 PM GMT
Gotta be a stewards inquiry into this match.
Report OHnewknees December 17, 2011 11:35 PM GMT
I'm waiting to see if they also pay highest player checkout Laugh
Report Hugh-Mongous December 17, 2011 11:35 PM GMT
The backers on 180's and biggest checkouts have sore arses Plain
Report alun2005 December 17, 2011 11:35 PM GMT
Another tragic exit for Hobo, with the World title at his mercy. Best priced 1/66 to win the whole shebang, and some jealous Darting God strikes him down with a bad back.
Report u want some December 17, 2011 11:35 PM GMT
mc - the wasp sting woke lewis up though
Report ArmchairIdiot December 17, 2011 11:35 PM GMT
How the fck can one firm pay out and another welch on it?
Report KJPG December 17, 2011 11:36 PM GMT
who welched??
Report frogamatic December 17, 2011 11:36 PM GMT
ladcrooks have voided my bet even though the rules state:

"A darts match is deemed to have started once the first dart is thrown in the first leg of the first set.

If a player fails to start a tournament or match, all bets on that player or individual match will be void.

If a player withdraws or is disqualified before a match is completed - if the match has already started, the player progressing to the next round will be considered the winner. If the match has not yet started all bets will be void.

If you have placed a Correct Set bet and the statutory number of sets are not completed, your bet will be void and your stake will be refunded."

bunch of *****
Report ArmchairIdiot December 17, 2011 11:36 PM GMT
Bet365 voided my bet
Report STEPTOES YARD December 17, 2011 11:36 PM GMT
this is the devon loch story of darts
Report Nilsson Schmilsson December 17, 2011 11:36 PM GMT
James Richardson playing barney tomorrow, will he be keeping a piece of cake next to his water during the game ??
Report jp0123 December 17, 2011 11:36 PM GMT
bets before this news should be void... fcuk this game
Report u want some December 17, 2011 11:37 PM GMT
i can't believe waddel wrote jossy's giants Grin
Report STEPTOES YARD December 17, 2011 11:37 PM GMT
phone them frog

dodgy as fck that
Report alun2005 December 17, 2011 11:37 PM GMT
A MARTYR
Report ArmchairIdiot December 17, 2011 11:37 PM GMT
If Colo Colo score twice in 15 minutes to win th other half of the double, I shall go to the police!
Report Latalomne December 17, 2011 11:37 PM GMT
Frog - assuming your bet was on the win market, you have every right to give them hell!
Report goodman December 17, 2011 11:37 PM GMT
the lads in the studio can barely contain they're delight,i'd say they made a fortune
Report Kriskin December 17, 2011 11:37 PM GMT
DARTS |Betfair Sports Rules

· In the event of a match starting but not being completed, the player progressing to the next round will be deemed the winner (or in the case of the final the player declared the winner).

· If a match is not completed for any reason then bets on 'any correct score' or 'next leg/game/set' market will be void unless the market has been unconditionally determined.

· If a match is not completed for any reason then bets on any handicap market will be void unless the market has been unconditionally determined
Report aberdonia December 17, 2011 11:37 PM GMT
they will have to pay out if those are the rules.
Report OHnewknees December 17, 2011 11:38 PM GMT
It's only the same sort of thing that goes on in tennis all the time. Retire after 1 set.
Report KJPG December 17, 2011 11:38 PM GMT
Harsh all round!
Report Hugh-Mongous December 17, 2011 11:38 PM GMT
MC Roller - "I remember Romo playing for dallas in the nfl with smashed ribs. Darts players can't handle minor back pain and wasp stings. I bet they still necked the pints though through the agony."

I've got news for you squire...HE DIDN'T!
That's just what people are told!

Have you ever experienced bruised or slightly cracked ribs? It's excruciating, and makes you feel like a fish on the riverbank breathing or air! Sad

Broken ribs...I'd need a life support machine & traction!
Report frogamatic December 17, 2011 11:38 PM GMT
yep will phone them
Report ArmchairIdiot December 17, 2011 11:38 PM GMT
I'm going to complain anyway.
Report lanza December 17, 2011 11:38 PM GMT
ffs.... seething here.

seems i lost on match odds and the correct score which was winning the same amout gets voided.

well peeved.
Report chatterfox December 17, 2011 11:39 PM GMT
How can ladCROOKS void the market, when their RULES state they pay out!!!!!!!!!!
Report STEPTOES YARD December 17, 2011 11:39 PM GMT
rod must have

knowing that info, he would be a fool not to have layed ovens
Report Hugh-Mongous December 17, 2011 11:39 PM GMT
* gasping for air!
Report jp0123 December 17, 2011 11:39 PM GMT
feel like i've been fcuking mugged
Report tino147 December 17, 2011 11:40 PM GMT
made up i got fifty on the other lad
Report u want some December 17, 2011 11:41 PM GMT
bristow would definitely of been on it
Report STEPTOES YARD December 17, 2011 11:41 PM GMT
rod off to check market been settled
Report MC Roller December 17, 2011 11:41 PM GMT
HM, the espn guys were raving about him as well.
Report KJPG December 17, 2011 11:41 PM GMT
anyone know if froch worth a punt later??
Report MC Roller December 17, 2011 11:41 PM GMT
I feel like a mug.
Report ArmchairIdiot December 17, 2011 11:42 PM GMT
The cuunts reopened the market after suspending it on the news of Ovens' back, clearly hoping to grab some mug money - even though Munch went straight in to 1/25 ffs. They priced him as the winner and then DONT FCKING PAY OUT WHEN HE WINS!!!
Report aberdonia December 17, 2011 11:42 PM GMT
Bristow could not wait to get out of the commentary box, he was out before the last dart was thrown in the Vincent match.

He must have got wind of the injury and was rushing to his laptop.
Report MC Roller December 17, 2011 11:42 PM GMT
Anyway, goodnight all.
Report goodman December 17, 2011 11:42 PM GMT
when they all laughed togeather talking about sid you just know they're excited about something else
Report u want some December 17, 2011 11:43 PM GMT
i wouldn't be backing froch, ward win points

The Masterplan - greatest song ever
Report KJPG December 17, 2011 11:43 PM GMT
cheers agreed great tune!
Report ArmchairIdiot December 17, 2011 11:44 PM GMT

Dec 17, 2011 -- 5:43PM, u want some wrote:

i wouldn't be backing froch, ward win pointsThe Masterplan - greatest song ever

Aye, Ive been waiting a long time for this moment for that specific bet.

Report KJPG December 17, 2011 11:45 PM GMT
ward it is so
Report Hugh-Mongous December 17, 2011 11:45 PM GMT
MC Roller - I remember hearing the same bollox about Beckham returning from a broken rib within three weeks.

Besides myself, I've known two people who've either had bruised ribs or a slight fracture, and believe me, you can't EVEN FART for about six weeks!
Report u want some December 17, 2011 11:46 PM GMT
right im off to bed, game tomorrow, night all Love
Report RichyH December 17, 2011 11:48 PM GMT
Aberdonia, your correct Bristow was buzzing and was calling the end of the match and wishing everyone Merry Christmas before he could get his earphones off.He also said he should have bought the 180s in the VDV matchLaugh
Report alun2005 December 18, 2011 12:07 AM GMT
I'm assuming backers of Munch at the venue itself (such as maybe any backstage insiders) didn't get paid out?
Report Lucky Sod December 18, 2011 1:24 AM GMT
All ally pally ip address bets should be void imo
Report bottlejobs December 18, 2011 1:36 AM GMT
dennis ovens i hope you got your wack out of that wellplayed
Report Eldrick December 18, 2011 11:09 AM GMT
bet365 darts rules:

Pre-Game Match Betting
In the event of a match starting but not being completed, the player progressing to the next round or being awarded the victory will be deemed the winner for settlement purposes.

In-Play Betting
Bets on any match market abandoned before the full completion of the statutory number of legs/sets will be void, except for those bets the outcome of which has already been determined at the time of abandonment.

So nothing wrong there either. The only firm who did anything questionable were Lads who voided all match bets, contradicting their rules. They sorted this soon after by paying out Munch backers
Report DartsnBooze December 18, 2011 5:29 PM GMT
3 great posts followed by absolute shockers regarding Hobo's retirement.

Quote Spiller: Van der Voort v Mark Hylton - THIS IS THE BET OF THE FIRST ROUND IMO. They have played each other four times and VDV has won the lot. I think he will win again. VDV WIN (8/13 with Laddies = BET OF THE FIRST ROUND)

Spiller, i think you're being greedy, cos your win's are fat wadded affairs. Money to money. Well done! Cool

Quote happyhibee: 1 leg away from going out so Baxter musters a grin. I think that inane grin is the reason I never get involved in his matches it just tilts me

Hibee, etal, when Baxter Played Barney in the "forgotten" classic bdo world final @ lakeside, he walked past us in the pub as we were playing darts and mingled with everyone. What a way to prepare for the biggest darts match of his life, an afternoon pint before the final. That's Ronnie all over. I've never known a more laid back character in darts. He so nearly pulled off a great win too.

Quote Nilsson Schmilsson:
James Richardson playing barney tomorrow, will he be keeping a piece of cake next to his water during the game ??

Humour of the highest order! Laugh

I already posted on 2 seperate threads but didn't know the seriousness of it all until reading through this thread.

I love darts, and bet in small stakes compared to some big hitters on here, so to hear people winning/losing £100's/£1,000's on the Hobo/Munch match is a terrible outcome for darts.

Like i said on too many times, sky darts team keep all the info to themselves and throw some crumbs like when the first darts are about to be thrown?!

I still say the Barney blackmailing thing during the premier league was their worst crime. They must have cleaned up for weeks knowing his head was being severely squeezed in a vice.

The past 24 hours have turned into a dark day for the pdc and created a further bad image for darts.

P.S. So much for Uncle Barry coming down hard on players influencing results! More seething!!!

I've been rabbiting on here all day! Hurry up and get the darts on.  Crazy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com