Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happyhibee
17 Dec 11 08:24
| Topic/replies: 33,262 | Blogger: happyhibee's blog
Gonna be a long one due to a double header today and 10 matches on the card. I think there's a couple of decent bets today as well so best crack on with it Happy

Peter Wright v Jelle Klaasen:
Opening match is potentially a really good game between 2 good but slightly inconsistent players. I feel Wright is improving all the time on tv and seems to be becoming more and more comfortable on stage. He obviously gets a lot of coverage for his crazy hair but sometimes it detracts from the fact hes a very good player. Klaasen on the other hand seems to be having more off days than on days and its all about what sort of mood he turns up in. Bet I like in this is over 6 180's as while both are inconsistent they are also very capable max scorers. Throw in the fact that some of these 1st round matches have had some crazy max scoring and I think this is a very good bet.

Recommendation: 2pts win over 6.5 maxes @ 4/5 (PP)

Dietmar Burger v Christian Perez:
First prelim match today and while there's been some half decent players in them in the past I'm still not a fan of them and certainly won't be getting involved. Playing for the right to face Tabern later in the session and I doubt he'll be overly concerned by either.

Recommendation: No Bet

Ronnie Baxter v Steve Farmer:
I think this match features the one player who I've got wrong the most in my entire punting career on darts. If I oppose Baxter he plays out of his skin and if I back him he plays like a dog. Hence the reason I very rarely get involved in his matches. I've seen Farmer a couple of times and hes not actually a bad player and this could be a close match. I genuinely don't have a strong opinion about who's going to go through here though.

Robert Thornton v Ian White:
Thornton has been on a downswing now for what seems like about 2 years and where I was once a big fan he seems to have lost the ability to score as heavily as he once did. White on the other hand played really well at the GSOD and if he copes with the venue probably should be fav here. I think he might have been a bigger price when betting first opened but even at odds against now I think White is a decent call to turn over the scotsman.

Recommendation: 1pt win Ian White @ 5/4 (General)

Alan Tabern v Burger/Perez:
No prices available until qualifier is known and while I wouldnt be keen on Tabern at too short a price he should probably still win.

Steve Beaton v Magnus Caris:
First match of the evening session sees The Adonis take on the comeback man Magnus Caris. I love to watch Beaton as hes got one of the purest throws in the game when he is playing well. Hes also showing a lot more form and he'll be hopeful of progressing thru 2 or 3 rounds here. Caris is a former BDO world semi finalist who has only recently got back to playing on the circuit again in the last 18 months. Hes a fairly solid guy but doesn't scream to me that he has a really streaky spell of power scoring in him. I think Beaton will come thru this but 2/5 doesnt inspire me to dive in.

Kevin Munch v Lee Choon Peng:
My only wish for this is that Munch had played burger so we could have had some great puns based around munching burgers! Will go and make my tea at this point I think although both must be nervous about the prospect of a meeting with Mr Saturday Night himself.

Vincent Van Der Voort v Mark Hylton:
VDV reached the quarters here last year and it took the eventual champion Lewis to beat him. It was probably the most consistency he'd shown for ages though as he is capable of chucking some rubbish in amongst 180's. Hylton is a player who I think is really decent and has a very good all round game. He scores really well and he doubles to a decent standard too and hes a player who I think will only rise up the rankings. I really like the max bet again here as VDV is capable of a few but Hylton hits loads and I see this match going 4 or 5 sets.

Recommendation: 2pt win over 6.5 maxes @ 8/11 (Lads)

Paul Nicholson v Mensur Suljovic:
Start of the campaign for the "NEW ECHELON" and Nicholson knows he needs a good run here to get a place in the PL that he obviously craves so desperately. He played poorly last week at the Players but he wasnt the only one and I wouldnt read too much into that. He does have a tricky R1 match tho as Suljovic is a player who has done me numerous favours in the past and knocked out Wade here last year. if Nicholson is at it he should win but if he is slightly off then Sully can definitely take advantage as despite his slowness and strange style he is very effective. Yet again I think the maxes is a bet here as Suljovic especially can score really well and Nicho isn't any slouch either. I think this will go 4 sets so the line of over 6 is definitely beatable.

Recommendation: 2pts win over 6.5 maxes @ Evs (General)

Denis Ovens v Munch/Peng
No betting yet but that won't bother the regulars on here as our favourite Captain Hobo makes his entrance. Its only fitting that Mr saturday night himself closes the days action and he should win to please his millions of fans around the world.

Summary: Really looking forward to this today and really strong on the 180 bets which I think are all very beatable. White also looks the best price of the match odds and hopefully all goes well for the tips. All views and opinions welcome as ever as is the usual banter with everybody on here. Best of luck to all punting and may all your bets be winners.
HH Happy

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 25  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 25 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 992
By:
DGK
When: 17 Dec 11 08:50
I got 2/1 White when the prices first came out.  I make it a pick 'em based on White's solid showing at the GSOD.  Similar form here should be enough.  I have strong fancies for both Wright and Hylton.

Perez was also one of the more capable prelim players last year and I wouldn't be surprised if he gave Tabern some problems.
By:
the silverback
When: 17 Dec 11 10:17
was he seriously 2-1?
By:
jin_kazz
When: 17 Dec 11 10:26
no bet

no bet

no bet

no bet

useless..
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Dec 11 10:30
Ok I'm useless I'll just stop wasting my own time trying to engage people in sensible conversation and suggest LUMP ON and BANK JOB instead
By:
H99
When: 17 Dec 11 10:35
Come join us on twitter HH , your talents are wasted swimminng in this filth tank , superb opening post as always
By:
CAPS LOCK
When: 17 Dec 11 10:36
log off close your account please jin_kazz - thanks
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Dec 11 10:37
I'm on twitter mate just never really post on there
By:
spiller1
When: 17 Dec 11 10:41
VDV to beat MH  (bet of the tournament so far)   IMO  Wink
By:
H99
When: 17 Dec 11 10:42
what is your twit name HH ?
By:
spiller1
When: 17 Dec 11 10:43
Van der Voort v Mark Hylton - THIS IS THE BET OF THE FIRST ROUND IMO. They have played each other four times and VDV has won the lot. I think he will win again. VDV WIN (8/13 with Laddies = BET OF THE FIRST ROUND)
By:
spiller1
When: 17 Dec 11 10:45
Ronnie Baxter v Steve Farmer. - both very good players. Farmer is no mug either. I have seen him play fantastic in local tournaments recently. They have played three time in recent years with Baxter edging it 2-1. (6-3 is the latest in Baxters fav in March this year) Baxter has more experience on this stage and only for that reason I am going with himto win. (NOTE: I fancy this to be a close match though). BAXTER WIN. I am also having a flutter on 3-2 to Baxter. (3-1 with laddies)
By:
spiller1
When: 17 Dec 11 10:45
Thats enough from me now.  Whoops
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Dec 11 10:47
scottyboy1809 mate
By:
H99
When: 17 Dec 11 10:48
gotcha
By:
HankTheTank
When: 17 Dec 11 10:48
Cheers hh, you're a gent.

jin_kazz, go eat some yellow snow.
By:
spiller1
When: 17 Dec 11 10:50
Peter Wright v Jelle Klassen - The bookies have this as avery close affair. They have only played once before back in 2009 when Klassen won 6-3. Peter Wright is a better player since then & has had a strong players championship. Jelle hasn't really done anything for a while. Experience on this stage though is with Klassen. You can see why they are so closein the odds. In this instance I personally think that the stronger player (Wright imo) will edge this game. Peter Wright WIN.
By:
RichyH
When: 17 Dec 11 10:52
You seem pretty confident about VdV Spiller?
By:
spiller1
When: 17 Dec 11 10:56
I do.  I think he will stuff Hylton.

I also think Andy Hamilton will win easy in his game on monday:

Andy Hamilton v Antonio Alcinas - I have no record of these two ever playing each other. We all know Andy has a very solid game. This young spanish kid Antonio can actually throw a bloody good dart. However, the young lads darts seem to go in the board at "funny" angles. If he does not hit a t20 straight away he does tend to hit a lot of 60 scores. The ENGLISH crowd will be behind Andy as well. Taking all these factors into account there is no surprise I am going for a ANDY HAMILTON WIN. I am also going for a Hamilton 3-0 win (3/1 with Laddies) UNBELIEVABLE VALUE & Hamilton 3-1 win (9/4 with Laddies)
By:
spiller1
When: 17 Dec 11 10:57
I have studied the first 5 days strongly.
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 17 Dec 11 11:05
big cliff showed his emotions to jocky Laugh
By:
Lori
When: 17 Dec 11 11:06
Taken everything there was over 200s now so I'm offically overstaked on Wright.
By:
RichyH
When: 17 Dec 11 11:07
Spiller, you used to be quite reserved, but today your cards are firmly on the TableCool
By:
paddletoe
When: 17 Dec 11 11:08
Thanks for the previews happy. Sometimes the best bet is no bet so dont worry that you cant find any value in every game.
By:
spiller1
When: 17 Dec 11 11:09
I have a write up for every match but cannot be arsed to post them on here.
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 17 Dec 11 11:11
yep dont let one plonker put you off
By:
Lori
When: 17 Dec 11 11:12
I love the write up you guys produce. I'm alright on the darts but nowhere near the class of those who follow it closely or have connections with those on the tour.

It's still a bastion of mainly non-morons on here compared to most of the site. Even General is full of donkeys now.
By:
tino147
When: 17 Dec 11 11:13
i think you are good at what you do and enjoy each post
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 17 Dec 11 11:14
jin kazz probably cant help betting on everything that moves
By:
paddletoe
When: 17 Dec 11 11:15
Brissy big on White - backing up what happy thinks.
By:
Lori
When: 17 Dec 11 11:15
Looks like Wright let his daughter do the hair today instead of his missus.
By:
bobweenit
When: 17 Dec 11 11:16
biggest darts bet 4 me here.2k on snakebite fingers crossed
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 17 Dec 11 11:17
look at those 4
By:
The Moth
When: 17 Dec 11 11:17
Can't have VDV me The Trolley Dolly will do him
By:
spiller1
When: 17 Dec 11 11:18
VDV = bet of the first round imo  (see above)
By:
RichyH
When did Wright start playing under Scotland?
By:
happyhibee
Snakebite and Anderson at the world Cup might be a decent pairing
By:
Lori
Reason I like Wright is that of all the 2nd level players I think he's the one who doesn't play worse under pressure.
By:
STEPTOES YARD
mardles gob ?
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Dec 11 11:19
His Mum or dad is scottish I think mate I assume thats the reason
Page 1 of 25  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 25 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page