Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happyhibee
12 Dec 11 13:04
| Topic/replies: 33,262 | Blogger: happyhibee's blog
Starts Thursday and hopefully some of the usual guys will be on here for my fav 2 weeks of the year. Will even put up some long priced fancies hopefully so everybody can mock them Laugh
Pause Switch to Standard View World Darts Championship
Show More
Report Hugh-Mongous December 12, 2011 2:31 PM GMT
Hello HH - don't you do your write-ups any more?

There are some rather tasty first round encounters and Wright v Klaasen is probably the pick for me, but Osborne & van Gerwen are probably two players that would rate themselves as top 16 material, and that could be a cracker too.

The value in this tournament is always terrific compared to the other ones...it doesn't make sense really, considering they only have to play one more round to win it - and that extra match is invariably against against a 'gimme' opponent!

As for a massive outsider...I think Andy Hamilton is always worth a dabble at huge odds, as he really gets stuck in and tries - on his day he's capable of tackling anyone!

I see Dennis Nilsson has made the cut which inspires confidence in my BDO long-shot Jeff Dahmer Devil
Report STEPTOES YARD December 12, 2011 2:34 PM GMT
Great couple of weeks coming up

Always decent banter on here.
Report Dan Chipowski December 12, 2011 3:00 PM GMT
If that's darts you can keep it.
Report the silverback December 12, 2011 5:25 PM GMT
Best value of the round IMO in one of those games you mentioned Hugh if you can get on with the right firms.
Report Hugh-Mongous December 12, 2011 5:32 PM GMT
I think Barney will be gutted to see his draw...due to meet Taylor in the QUARTERS!
It wasn't that long ago he was complaining about having to meet him in the SEMIS!

Furthermore, to get there he'll probably have to tackle Nicholson in the last 16!
I can't see him being in the mood for this and his first real game after his initial bye (against Richardson) will be Dolan or Huybrechts, and both will fancy their chances against a vulnerable former luminary of the sport.

He'll be needing his 'wet-work' done for him to have any chance in this...especially after that pathetic performance against Scott Rand the other day.

At the rate he's plummeting, he'll be out of the top 8 soon, with many hungrier player closing in on him, and that'll put his almost 'guaranteed' Premier League status under serious threat.
Then the unthinkable when the next tournaments come around...his place in the top 16! Plain

Just how do Barney & Anderson sleep at night, taking into account they were brilliant in their matches the day before?
It's a regular occurrence and those two just don't have Wade's ability to get out of scrapes when they're playing sh*te.
Report Hugh-Mongous December 12, 2011 5:44 PM GMT
It's fascinating to see the scheduling and potential opponents...Taylor & Chisnall in the last 32 if the win their first round matches!

Over the shorter format, if Chizzy brushes up on his finishing, that's as tough as it gets for Round 2.
Report the silverback December 12, 2011 5:56 PM GMT
I'm not sure Wade gets out of scrapes any more than a player of his quality should. Difficult to quantify of course but Rand, Dolan, Suljovic, Waites come to mind.

There's often some sort of incident which he struggles to recover from whether it's something from the crowd (Rand, Dolan) or just a leg or two that goes pear shaped.

Shouldn't think any of those you mentioned lose more than "expected" overall if you take out Barney's GSOD shocker. Upsets happen.
Report Hugh-Mongous December 12, 2011 6:05 PM GMT
Silverback - for a player of Wade's ability, he looks utterly bone-idle against players he expects to hammer, and if we had some stats, I'm sure his I/R prices would justify this.

As you state, they all suffer upsets (Wade included) but the times I've thought he was there for the taking, and managed to pull a few rabbits out of the hat, are far more frequent than anyone else.

I don't think I've seen a player like him before, in that even when he's utter plums, he can blast in a 142 finish (from absolutely nowhere) after his opponent has missed half a dozen at the double - those legs always prove pivotal as well!

PS - who do you fancy at long odds to win three or four matches, and be a good trade option?
Report the silverback December 12, 2011 6:21 PM GMT
If you're looking for a massive price, Huybrechts at 400s. Expect him to see off Dolan and he's got the game to beat Barney if the miserable git is just a bit off his game.

And Wright.
Report Hugh-Mongous December 12, 2011 6:32 PM GMT
Huybrechts showed a bit of bottle in the Euro's and it'd be nice to see as much of his charming young lady friend as we can...a lot better than looking at Barney glum kite!

As with the Doncaster surprises, it'd be marvellous to see Taylor go out early, and then all my 1000/1 shots (I'm planning on backing) would plummet!

They've all got ability to some degree and could win their first three games, even the ones I do not rate at all like Caven & Thornton whose rankings are bewildering to me!

I love watching Klaasen in full flow but I've learned not to do much trading on him I/R as like Wade, he can go from the ridiculous to the sublime in the blink of an eye!
Report happyhibee December 12, 2011 7:21 PM GMT
Hey Hugh not been on here much as the threads are dead and it takes a bit of time to actually do the write ups. However I dont usually work during Christmas so I should be able to put up a daily thread to get the chat going each day.
Report alun2005 December 12, 2011 9:31 PM GMT
Am I the only on on here who thinks that this is Taylor's worst ever draw in the World Championships?

regards to Hibee btw.
Report Only-the-Brave December 13, 2011 12:16 AM GMT
Couple of prices stick out in the first round.  Odds compilers not been watching darts this year?  Wright to beat Klassen, and White to beat Thornton both very decent bets for my money.  One or 2 others as well which arent too difficult to spot.
Report TheVis December 13, 2011 5:19 PM GMT
When and against who is Taylor in the first round please?
Report Hugh-Mongous December 13, 2011 6:47 PM GMT
Taylor plays the serial killer Dennis Nilsson in the first round (if he gets through his preliminary round) and then should face Chisnall in the last 32.

He's really gonna have to earn this title with a draw as bad as Whitlock's was two years ago.

If I remember right, The Wizard played the other wizard in the first round (Osborne) then Wayne Jones, Jenkins, Barney & Wade before getting chinned in a fantastic final by Taylor.
Report MC Roller December 13, 2011 7:07 PM GMT
Preliminary Round

Connie Finnan v Warren French
Haruki Muramatsu v Dennis Nilsson
Devon Petersen v Jose De Sousa
Joe Cullen v Oliver Ferenc
Kevin Munch v Lee Choon Peng
Paul Barham v Scott Mackenzie
Per Laursen v Petri Korte
Dietmar Burger v Christian Perez

First Round Draw

Phil Taylor v Haruki Muramatsu/Dennis Nilsson
Mark Dudbridge v Dave Chisnall
Vincent van der Voort v Mark Hylton
Andy Hamilton v Antonio Alcinas
Raymond van Barneveld v James Richardson
Brendan Dolan v Kim Huybrechts
Paul Nicholson v Mensur Suljovic
Alan Tabern v Dietmar Burger/Christian Perez

Simon Whitlock v Dennis Smith
Steve Beaton v Magnus Caris
Mervyn King v Geoff Kime
Colin Osborne v Michael van Gerwen
Gary Anderson v Jyhan Artut
Steve Brown v Devon Petersen v Jose De Sousa
Colin Lloyd v Darin Young
Andy Smith v Scott Rand

Adrian Lewis v Nigel Heydon
Robert Thornton v Ian White
Wayne Jones v Paul Barham/Scott Mackenzie
Jamie Caven v Roland Scholten
Wes Newton v Kurt van de Rijck
Justin Pipe v Sean Reed
Terry Jenkins v Joe Cullen/Oliver Ferenc
Co Stompe v Michael Smith

Mark Webster v Richie Burnett
John Part v John Henderson
Mark Walsh v Connie Finnan/Warren French
Kevin Painter v Arron Monk
James Wade v Per Laursen/Petri Korte
Peter Wright v Jelle Klaasen
Ronnie Baxter v Steve Farmer
Denis Ovens v Kevin Munch v Lee Choon Peng
Report happyhibee December 13, 2011 9:12 PM GMT
Right here goes nowt. This stupid forum better not crash as I type this out either!

Had a good look at the draw first of all and then chucked in current form, past world performances etc before trying to figure out who the lively outsiders are. First thing to say is the more I look the more I'm convinced that either Taylor wins this in a hack or a big price triumphs. I think that aside from Taylor the next 3 or 4 in the market all have doubts for various reasons and I'd be keen to oppose.

Obviously Taylor is the man to beat and prices of 11/10 reflect this. However aside from his R1 encounter he looks to have an extremely tricky draw. If the draw goes to plan then he could face Chisnall in R2 who is a very lively opponent at an early stage. He could then face Hylton in R3 who pushed him close in Blackpool before possibly Nicholson or Barneveld in the QF. Seems like he might be tested early and while hes obviously more than capable of running over the top of them prices of around Evs aint screaming max bet to me.

Of the next 3 in the betting I think there are serious doubts over them all. Anderson, Lewis and Wade are the names in question and I think they are opposable for various reasons. Lewis is the defending champ and last year he played some terrific darts on the way to the title. However I backed him at 34 last year and this year he's a 3rd of the price, has a harder draw and is playing poorly. I think he has taken his eye off the ball and lived the good life of being world champ with lots of exhibitions and less tourneys. As a result he has lost his match sharpness and I think he is there to be taken on. Anderson is someone who right now does not look like he wants to be anywhere near a dart board and has hinted at some problems away from the board which are not for me to speculate on. However I think he would need to be 100% to go all the way and right now he doesnt look to be focused. Finally Wade is throwing in way too many bad performances for me to think he is a winner waiting to happen. He's also admitted he doesnt like the venue and dislikes the set format as opposed to legs so right now he aint for me.

Got rid of the ones I don't fancy so time to dig out a couple of bigger prices that I think might go a long way. First on my list is Wes Newton. Hes probably one of the 2 or 3 most improved players of the last 12 months and is now consistently going deeper in tv tournies. He's a best priced 40/1 and given the draw he has (seeded to play Lewis in QF & Pipe in R2) it looks like it might be a bit large. Reason I say this is Pipe has yet to do it on stage and I think Newton has the experience to beat him. Not super confident by any means but I think he will at least give you a run for your money.

Second on the list for me is Mark Webster at 28/1. He showed again at the players that he is becoming more comfortable with the tv stage and while he fell short v Painter at least it's ensured he aint been cut in price! He was a beaten semi finalist last time, won the BDO and looks like he is now ready to win his 2nd world title. He has a lovely draw in the 4th quarter and if seeding goes to plan he'd face Wade in the QF who I dont even think is guaranteed to get that far. Crucially hes in the opposite side to Taylor so the EW price looks more appealing.

Finally 2 of the livlier outsiders for me are Scott Rand and Kim Huybrechts. Rand looked really good last week and while it might be a bit too early for him he does have a nice draw. Surprised to see him outsider to beat Smith in R1 but if he gets through that then Lloyd awaits who is past his best for me. He might need this experience still but at 200/1 its worth a couple of quid even to trade. Huybrechts really impressed me in the Euro championships and he looked fearless and capable of heavy bursts of scoring. Again not exactly expecting much but at 400/1 worth a few coins again.

So in summary my 4 v the field would be Webster, Newton, Rand and Huybrechts. I'll also be looking to oppose Wade, Lewis and Anderson at the right prices which may not be in R1 but will be at some point of the tournament. I'll stick up my fancies for R1 on the daily threads too in case anybody is interested Happy
Report a bitofinterest December 13, 2011 9:15 PM GMT
good stuff
Report Nilsson Schmilsson December 13, 2011 9:23 PM GMT
webster has a lovely draw CryCry
Report happyhibee December 13, 2011 9:30 PM GMT
Unfortunately KJP qualifies as a nice draw here mate Sad
Report Spongy December 14, 2011 4:28 AM GMT
Glad to see HH on here, always well thought out advice which turns a profit more often than not, I'll be tuning in!

Agree on Webster and Newton
Report the silverback December 14, 2011 9:59 AM GMT
Top stuff HH.

Agree on Webster. He has a fantastic draw and great course form. I'm also on Wright in that section.
Report deansthemann December 14, 2011 12:33 PM GMT
taylor @ evs will hack up end of thread
Report Howdi December 14, 2011 1:01 PM GMT
Reading this thread has whetted my appetite. Darts is nothing without HH write ups.

LETS PLAY DARTS
Report deansthemann December 14, 2011 3:08 PM GMT
bristow should be given a wild card entry into the first round imo
Report Java December 14, 2011 5:48 PM GMT
Hello Mr Hibee

Your daily posts are one of the highlights of the darts every year in my opinion.  Keep up the good work - it is much appreciated.

I'll get a few sheckels on your 4 runners in the outright as suggested and probably play them on the spreads as well.  Happy
Report gazovic December 14, 2011 5:56 PM GMT
excellent as ever HH.
Report onehundredandeighty December 14, 2011 8:35 PM GMT
Evening all and welcome back HH.For nothing but a random big price selection im going to suggest the madman Co Stompe might have a decent run but i will be also betting singles and multi's on the rounds as they go so hopefully might chuck the odd winner into the thread along the way
Report RichyH December 14, 2011 8:53 PM GMT
Taylor and Jenkins on the outrights for me.
Report Hamsterdam December 14, 2011 9:30 PM GMT
Nobody concerned about Taylor's form in the event at the the weekend? Part of me thinks he wasn't bothered because he wanted to get prepared for the Worlds but then I think this is Phil Taylor no-way would he give-up an opportunity of a 60k cheque! Make no mistake he was really bad in his two matches. First dart going to high and poor cover shots. Previous to this tournament he looked in the form of his life.
Report DartsnBooze December 18, 2011 1:04 PM GMT
A very good thread 10/10 Grin
Report Hugh-Mongous December 18, 2011 10:19 PM GMT
It's great to be wrong Laugh
Initial bye??? Shocked

Hugh-Mongous
12 Dec 11 17:32 Joined: 20 Nov 11 | Topic/replies: 909 | Blogger: Hugh-Mongous's blog
I think Barney will be gutted to see his draw...due to meet Taylor in the QUARTERS!
It wasn't that long ago he was complaining about having to meet him in the SEMIS!

Furthermore, to get there he'll probably have to tackle Nicholson in the last 16!
I can't see him being in the mood for this and his first real game AFTER HIS INITIAL BYE (against Richardson) will be Dolan or Huybrechts, and both will fancy their chances against a vulnerable former luminary of the sport.

He'll be needing his 'wet-work' done for him to have any chance in this...especially after that pathetic performance against Scott Rand the other day.
Report golferno1 December 19, 2011 8:22 PM GMT
is taylor any value at 10/11....when is the final.
Report Hugh-Mongous December 20, 2011 12:03 AM GMT
Silverback - do you need MORE evidence mate? Devil

Barney collapses and then out he goes...Wade about to collapse and pulls out one of his mega-rabbits! Laugh
Report the silverback December 20, 2011 2:16 PM GMT
Presumably he was a big fav to win all through the match?(didn't see it)
Report Rossinio December 20, 2011 5:13 PM GMT
I was just wondering if anyone knew what the highest checkout in the wade game was last night?
Thanks for any help on this subject.
Report Rossinio December 20, 2011 5:13 PM GMT
I was just wondering if anyone knew what the highest checkout in the wade game was last night?
Thanks for any help on this subject.
Report happyhibee December 20, 2011 5:20 PM GMT
115 for Wade was HC mate
Report MC Roller December 20, 2011 5:23 PM GMT
Hi Rossi.

All last nights details are on the site below....

http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~2552998,00.html
Report MC Roller December 22, 2011 4:26 PM GMT
Results

First Round

Phil Taylor 3 Haruki Muramatsu 0
Mark Dudbridge 0 Dave Chisnall 3
Vincent van der Voort 3 Mark Hylton 2
Andy Hamilton 3 Antonio Alcinas 2
Raymond van Barneveld 0 James Richardson 3
Brendan Dolan 0 Kim Huybrechts 3
Paul Nicholson 3 Mensur Suljovic 1
Alan Tabern 3 Christian Perez 1

Simon Whitlock 3 Dennis Smith 0
Steve Beaton 3 Magnus Caris 2
Mervyn King 3 Geoff Kime 0
Colin Osborne 1 Michael van Gerwen 3
Gary Anderson 3 Jyhan Artut 2
Steve Brown 2 Devon Petersen 3
Colin Lloyd 3 Darin Young 1
Andy Smith 0 Scott Rand 3

Adrian Lewis 3 Nigel Heydon 2
Robert Thornton 3 Ian White 1
Wayne Jones 3 Scott Mackenzie 1
Jamie Caven 1 Roland Scholten 3
Wes Newton 3 Kurt van de Rijck 0
Justin Pipe 3 Sean Reed 1
Terry Jenkins 3 Joe Cullen 0
Co Stompe 3 Michael Smith 0

Mark Webster 2 Richie Burnett 3
John Part 3 John Henderson 0
Mark Walsh 3 Warren French 1
Kevin Painter 3 Arron Monk 1
James Wade 3 Petri Korte 1
Peter Wright 1 Jelle Klaasen 3
Ronnie Baxter 2 Steve Farmer 3
Denis Ovens Wd Kevin Munch Bye

Second Round

Phil Taylor v Dave Chisnall
Vincent van der Voort v Andy Hamilton
James Richardson v Kim Huybrechts
Paul Nicholson v Alan Tabern

Simon Whitlock v Steve Beaton
Mervyn King v Michael van Gerwen
Gary Anderson v Devon Petersen
Colin Lloyd v Scott Rand

Adrian Lewis v Robert Thornton
Wayne Jones v Roland Scholten
Wes Newton v Justin Pipe
Terry Jenkins v Co Stompe

Richie Burnett v John Part
Mark Walsh v Kevin Painter
James Wade v Jelle Klaasen
Steve Farmer v Kevin Munch
Report Hugh-Mongous December 31, 2011 5:43 PM GMT
I'm still smirking to myself at calling Barney's first match a BYE! Laugh

I think The Hammer tip has given me a little clearance with you guys for the next few tournaments of sh*t predictions Wink

The other two main bets for me were King (who really should have won against MSG) and Jenkins, who acquitted himself really well, and remains in top form.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com