Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
happyhibee
02 Jan 11 09:36
| Topic/replies: 33,262 | Blogger: happyhibee's blog
I think that if you had said that we'd be at this stage without Taylor, Wade, Barney & Whitlock then people would have looked at you a bit funny. However thats what we have and I think its quite refreshing to have a line up without the same old faces in it. 2 good games in prospect and hopefully a winner or 2 in there for me.

Gary Anderson v Terry Jenkins:
QF - Anderson bt Ray Barneveld 5-1
3 dart ave: 102.75
Doubles: 51.6%
180's: 10
HC: 102

Jenkins bt Wes Newton 5-4
Doubles: 34%
180's: 6
HC: 170

First semi sees easily the best player so far in Anderson take on the experience of Terry Jenkins. Anderson has posted 4 100+ averages and he has been sensational all tournament. His scoring has been immense and for once his doubling hasn't deserted him either. People still think he may miss doubles if under pressure but the way he is scoring is so strong its virtually impossible to live with him in legs so he has the chance to miss and still come back. Jenkins battled through in his QF in a match they probably was 2nd best throughout in. He ground it out though and he is one player you do have to beat as he won't hand you many matches. He needs to average somewhere in the region of his R2 match as a 93 average will see him get hammered here I believe as Anderson's level doesn't look like dropping. I remember when they played 2 years ago in the GSOD semi final and I think many people on here will tell you it was one of the greatest games in history of televised darts. Both averaged over 102, they shared 19 maxes and Jenkins won a thriller 16-14 so he can do it. I think its a big ask for him to triumph but I do believe he can cover the handicap.
Recommendation: 1pt win Terry Jenkins + 3.5 sets @ 9/10 (Boils)

Adrian Lewis v Mark Webster:
QF: Lewis bt Vincent Van Der Voort 5-2
3 dart ave: 100.03
Doubles: 45.2%
180's: 13
HC: 108

Webster bt Phil Taylor 5-2
3 dart ave: 98.01
Doubles: 41%
180's: 8
HC: 121

Intriguing 2nd semi final sees 2 of the young guns in the PDC square off for a place in the final. Lewis has improved game on game and I think he's showed great maturity in his last 2 victories. He's had small wobbles but has managed to get himself together before they became major problems. Throw in the fact his scoring looks as heavy as ever and he has to be full of confidence just now. Webster on the other hand is coming off the back of his biggest win in the PDC by beating Taylor in the quarter final. He played ever so well and hit some crucial shots at major points including a 121 check when I thought he was starting to look a bit shaky. He also finished well and he will have to do so again as there's no doubt that Lewis scores heavier. I'm a tad biased as I have backed Lewis outright but I also think he will win this evening. I always believe its very hard for players to follow up a win over Taylor as it takes so much out of them mentally and also means they will have a lot of media work to do after the win. I would imagine he didn't get much sleep last night and I think Lewis may just prove to be a bit fresher than the welshman tonight.
Recommendation: 1pt win Adrian Lewis @ 4/5 (General)

Summary: Fancy Lewis to edge into the final in a close match and also Jenks can cover the handicap. Fingers crossed we get 2 cracking games though and the best players come through into the final. Any other fancies or views are welcome and best of luck to anybody punting this evening. Happy
HH

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 25  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 25 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 979
By:
BIG BOY BEN
When: 02 Jan 11 09:43
Jenkins 6 Anderson 4
Webster 6 Lewis

A man lewis's size will sturggle with this longer format
By:
Johnny Fontaine
When: 02 Jan 11 09:44
Good stuff Hibee. 

Fancy Lewis strongly today. 

The bull will have to raise his game but he must be happy to see Phil out. 

Lets hope todays games will be good as yesterday's
By:
BIG BOY BEN
When: 02 Jan 11 09:45
Lewis 3
By:
happyhibee
When: 02 Jan 11 09:45
I could dig the stats out for the last few years mate but excluding Barney the only player I can remember following up a win over Taylor was Paul Nicholson at last years Players. Apart from that everybody seems to just have a massive come down from a win over the main man
By:
Lori
When: 02 Jan 11 09:58
SEMI FINAL PREVIEW WITH LORIBETS.

I posted my QF preview in SweetChildOfMine's spam thread but i thought I'd send my SF preview mainstream.

Phil Taylor vs Adrian Lewis

I know that technically he's been eliminated, but that didn't stop him in the interview last night.
Taylor has vowed to be better than ever in 2011 and that starts today by getting Webster to drop out of the tournament so that Phil can take his rightful place on stage against his son-in-law Young Adrian.

Expect this to be a hard fought battle until Phil wrenches Aidy's arm out of it's socket during the first break. He may not be quite the player of a couple of years ago but the forum will be firmly behind Taylor to make his 73rd consecutive final.

Prediction: Taylor to win, even if he loses.

Lindsey Subtitles vs Some Bloke

Nobody is sure where this bloke Subby is playing has come from. He's the only player in the whole world who says "I think the money is worth more than the trophy, but I think I could sell that for a few quid if I wait 20 years, so I'll take that too"

Subby has looked unstoppable so far, apart from when his score is 40 or less, which is every leg.

The other bloke doesn't get to 40 or less often enough to really know if he's good at that point, but as he's had a bye to this stage of the tournament he should be fresh and you wouldn't expect him to go really red faced and look like a total knobber for at least 4 legs.

Prediction: Subby to batter this bloke and then say it doesn't matter who he plays in the final, as long as it's Taylor
By:
happyhibee
When: 02 Jan 11 09:59
LOL Lori
By:
happyhibee
When: 02 Jan 11 10:01
Just noticed Spambets tipped up Webster EW so if he wins tonight we know we can expect some serious spamming
By:
Johnny Fontaine
When: 02 Jan 11 10:04
Laugh
By:
SteelCurtain
When: 02 Jan 11 10:16
anderson Vs webster in the final webster wins.
By:
The Romford Slim
When: 02 Jan 11 10:26
HH do you have any stats on Arron Monk.  Evns MVG seems very attractive - i know nothing about the former
By:
Aussie Desperate
When: 02 Jan 11 10:39
Have been moving house this weekend and totally forgot about the quarters (backed Anderson @ 8.60 the other day) and have now laid off for near identical profit, will probably go on and win but it's nice to guarantee the profit.
By:
happyhibee
When: 02 Jan 11 10:39
Monks a good player mate. Played at this years GSOD and lost all 3 but certainly didnt disgrace himself. He's the son of Colin Monk and I think he's a good price to win that match
By:
alun2005
When: 02 Jan 11 11:01
Can we have a Loribets preview everday please?
By:
Robbie_Box
When: 02 Jan 11 11:15
Another top write up from you HH, however i disagree totally on both games.

Think Anderson is just unstoppable at the moment and the way he is scoring i can only see 6-0,6-1 or at best for Jenkins a 6-2.

In the other game, what i saw from webster last night was how good he is from 200 down, the times he finished in 6 darts was just amazing, if he does that tonight he will break Lewis' heart and a see him running out a 6-4 winner (could be my pocket talking to as im on him at 50s)

Good luck to everyone and their bets
By:
SteelCurtain
When: 02 Jan 11 11:46
well done robbie on getting 50s was happy with 40s on webster myself, ps got your dvd 4 xmas was great seening all the old characters jan, debbie, gill, ferret,irish, black george, geordie, etc happy times took me back.
By:
paddletoe
When: 02 Jan 11 12:07
Thanks happy for taking the time to write such great previews throughout the tournament. I suspect a lot of punters wait for your previews before placing their bets, myself included, so thanks a lot for all your sterling work throughout the tournament. Your previews are the first thing i come on to the forum to read.
By:
paddletoe
When: 02 Jan 11 12:12
Backed Anderson outright today so will probably not have any match bets on the semi finals. Happy, do you fancy any of the special bets on the matches tonight, maximums or highest checkout?
By:
happyhibee
When: 02 Jan 11 12:14
Gonna have a look at the specials mate and will put something up
By:
happyhibee
When: 02 Jan 11 12:23
Not a great deal of value on the specials but if pushed 9/4 Lewis on the Highest check of the evening looks not too bad
By:
paddletoe
When: 02 Jan 11 12:45
Yeah, nothing seemed to stand out in the special to me either. Reckon i'll just stick with my Anderson outright bet and watch the two games.
By:
thegame
When: 02 Jan 11 13:58
Chris Kamara v Robbie Savage at 6pm
By:
LynchFergal
When: 02 Jan 11 14:58
A belated "LOL Lori"
By:
Lumberg
When: 02 Jan 11 15:35
2 singles and a double for the 2 semis:

Webster highest checkout over 120.5 5/6 PP
Jenkins highest checkout over 118.5 8/11 PP

Both players have been banging in the high outs all tournament, Jenks especially with the 120s and he had a host of big finished in his q/final
By:
happyhibee
When: 02 Jan 11 15:36
Its now Kamara v Bristow
By:
Tony Almeida
When: 02 Jan 11 16:19
what channel is kamara v bristow? darts is not on until 7.30
By:
scarecrow
When: 02 Jan 11 16:23
its probably for kammy do it for soccer am i would guess
By:
happyhibee
When: 02 Jan 11 16:28
Its on at 6pm seemingly for the people with tickets tonight
By:
Tony Almeida
When: 02 Jan 11 16:31
ok thanks. damn!
By:
MC Roller
When: 02 Jan 11 16:32
What a great night, last night. Anderson destroying Barney, and then Taylor losing to the Welsh Wade.

It's a joy to watch Anderson play darts at the moment, and I just hope he hasn't peaked too soon.
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
When: 02 Jan 11 16:34
shame taylor took something away from it by being a total ****
By:
AIDSMcGUG
When: 02 Jan 11 16:34
No chance Jenkins will get beat 6-0 , 6-1 Robbie , Terry is a right scrapper who will stay with Anderson all the way ( just like the 2008 GSOD semi )
By:
Saluting Darren Lockyer
When: 02 Jan 11 17:01
jenks needs to raise his game and anderson needs to drop his for jenks to say with anderson.If yesterdays versions both turn up,jenks wont be sticking with him and it'll be a procession again.
By:
aberdonia
When: 02 Jan 11 17:07
If Anderson wins the 1st set it will be a romp.

He has got previous for starting slowly but on present form
he will rip the bull apart.
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 02 Jan 11 17:15
Peanuts on Webster to win 6-4 for me tonight. He doesn't strike me as the sort to get too carried away by the victory over Phil and tonight is a 50/50 game imo.

Hopefully they'll be two cracking games.
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
When: 02 Jan 11 17:31
i bet webster thought less of beating taylor 20 minutes after the game than he did 2 minutes after
By:
Johnny Fontaine
When: 02 Jan 11 17:51
SDL after the dust has settled still good for Jackpot ?
By:
Saluting Darren Lockyer
When: 02 Jan 11 18:14
Maybe mate,have him outright but also backed webster outright before he beat taylor,just preferred the better value of the outright to the match bet. Cant split em myself ,lewis a very heavy scorer but prone to walkabout whereas webster just looks steady and quietly goes about the business of winning legs,going to be interesting.
By:
LynchFergal
When: 02 Jan 11 18:32
Too many people totally writing off Jenkins for my liking.
By:
Johnny Fontaine
When: 02 Jan 11 18:34
Prone to walkabout when comfortably ahead this week.   Lewis gone about his business with no dramas.  Lewis for me.
Welshman goes back to North Wales with pride
Page 1 of 25  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 25 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com