Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Celtic warrior
15 Nov 21 19:41
| Topic/replies: 1,838 | Blogger: Celtic warrior's blog
Ashes on btsport.
Pause Switch to Standard View Cricket is back soon
Show More
Report Whisperingdeath November 15, 2021 8:49 PM GMT
Can’t wait!

Beer, steak and chips, Barossa Shiras but none of their sheep dip beer!

I think we would win if Jeffrey Archer was playing but he is a big miss. We lack explosive fire power.
Report Celtic warrior November 15, 2021 9:18 PM GMT
He would also provide great bed time reading
Report Whisperingdeath November 15, 2021 9:20 PM GMT
Who?

Michael VaughanLaugh?
Report Whisperingdeath November 15, 2021 9:21 PM GMT
Sorry old Jeffrey ArcherLaugh

Yeah!

Did poor old Monica kill herself?
Report Celtic warrior November 15, 2021 9:26 PM GMT
Whisper. Monica who.
Report Whisperingdeath November 15, 2021 9:37 PM GMT
Don’t whisper it.

Very sad story. Monica Colgan the prostitute at the centre of the Archer case.

My apologies she died in a car crash
Report Celtic warrior November 15, 2021 9:49 PM GMT
Whisper

I believe you tried to do me in there an hour ago. What is your isue pal?
Report Celtic warrior November 15, 2021 9:50 PM GMT
You believed that i would make a racist memark about archer. You are so so sad
Report Whisperingdeath November 15, 2021 10:04 PM GMT
Jeffrey Archer!

How old are you Celtic?

Do you know who Jeffrey Archer is and what he did?

Have you never heard the expression “ I’ll give you a Jeffrey “ for it?

A Jeffrey is two bag. Got it?

I like talking about cricket Celtic. In a humorous way if possible and am happy to leave unpleasant sheite elsewhere.
Report Whisperingdeath November 15, 2021 10:16 PM GMT
So Celtic

Now I am intrigued in your thought process.

What on Earth made you think that I believed you would make a racist remark about Archer?

Laugh

Please help me out here!
Report Celtic warrior November 15, 2021 10:55 PM GMT
Report Celtic warrior November 16, 2021 9:10 AM GMT
Is jofra really out of the ashes. Our miniscule ashes chances are totally gone in this case. Pity
Report Whisperingdeath November 16, 2021 9:36 AM GMT
That is  what I was in about!

Never was trying to catch you out.
Report Whisperingdeath November 19, 2021 4:09 PM GMT
“The Ashes are going ahead. The first Test is on 8 December, whether Joe is here or not.”

Oh he will be there!

Unlike Tim Paine or Cry My Best!
Report swiftynifty November 19, 2021 5:31 PM GMT
the 'tough' Aussies have a team full of cry babies.
Report Celtic warrior November 19, 2021 6:12 PM GMT
Tim Paine. oh dear. drunken sex text pest. one in the morning after a few 'tinnies'
Report detraveller November 19, 2021 6:18 PM GMT
who's the new captain?
Report jmdc November 19, 2021 6:24 PM GMT
Pat Cummings.
Report Whisperingdeath November 19, 2021 7:08 PM GMT
Cry My Best

Where are you. Say something before the series had ended or are you just a useless after timer?

Who is your Captain?
Report detraveller November 20, 2021 7:47 AM GMT
Will be interesting to see what the text was. But if he was exonerated he should be able to stand up for himself. They've already got two cheaters playing in the team, but Paine has to go for something he probably did under the influence of alchohol?

I really  don't get it why people give in so easily. At 36 his playing career is already over. Maybe he wants to stay around in coaching? Why is he giving in to the system for something he has already paid for?
Report detraveller November 20, 2021 7:50 AM GMT
https://crickettimes.com/2021/11/ashes-2021-22-cricket-australia-confirms-squad-for-first-two-tests-usman-khawaja-recalled/

lol
Report detraveller November 20, 2021 7:50 AM GMT
https://crickettimes.com/2021/11/the-lewd-text-messages-sent-by-tim-paine-to-a-female-staffer-behind-his-wifes-back-go-viral/

Report detraveller November 20, 2021 8:13 AM GMT
oh wait he sent a dik pik too. nevermind.
Report Whisperingdeath November 20, 2021 8:28 AM GMT
I am not sure I get this. Seemed to be private messages between consenting adults?

That is private business. I don’t think there is a law against it. Except technically if a dick pick was involved.

The question of judgement is a different matter. If you are stupid enough to send messages like that when you are married and then they can later be used to expose you then you kind of get well exposed.

I don’t know where the line is here. Smarter people than me can discuss that but I would ask what offence has been committed?

This is not good for MCc. Should galvanise Aus and with their fast bowlers on home pitches well!

Plus they might get a better keeper and a better batsman

We are short a strike bowler and spinner. Is Moen on the tour?

I have a strange feeling our batting might come together on this tour.
Report Whisperingdeath November 23, 2021 12:09 PM GMT
Rain in SL, who’da thought itWink
Report Whisperingdeath November 23, 2021 12:12 PM GMT
Is Alec Carey good wicket keeper?
Report jmdc November 23, 2021 1:31 PM GMT
Matthew Wade is better.
Report Whisperingdeath November 23, 2021 4:17 PM GMT
Interesting

Is Carey the better batter? I think good batting might be key in this series but a wicket keeper who can catch the ball is a big plus! I do not rate Butler as a keeper. I think Bairstow is better and Foakes better still
Report Whisperingdeath November 24, 2021 10:33 AM GMT
Some shocking batting by West Indies this morning. Reminds me of of Pakistan batting for a pension. Awful!
Report Whisperingdeath November 24, 2021 10:34 AM GMT
Aussie players want Paine in the team even if not Captain....good!
Report Whisperingdeath November 24, 2021 6:40 PM GMT
Warner’s wife has entered the fray criticising Cricket Australia. This is going to be fun! Vaughan dropped by the BBC but on TV with Fox Australia.
Report Whisperingdeath November 25, 2021 10:22 AM GMT
34% ROI

I might suggest as close to free money as you can get on the first day of a Test Match

India going well at 227-4 New Ball is due but this pitch will spin and keep low. It is already. No weather. Only hope is fir a dead pitch, can’t see it.

Unlike to back at 1.34 but I am going in ...........again! Took 1.73 ante post and India won the tossCool
Report swiftynifty November 27, 2021 1:29 AM GMT
er, now what?
Report Whisperingdeath November 27, 2021 9:25 AM GMT
Remember the old adage don’t judge a pitch until both sides have battedLaugh!

The stats are still strong with this one my son. Search your heart and retain your faith in the Lord.

Engerland were the last side to bat second and beat India in India. Since then when India have batted first they have won 16 drawn 2 and lost none.

Still a long way to go in the match. No rain. I was clearly premature here but I was looking for a long play as I am busy this weekend. Still fancy India strongly here. Odds against is huge imho and will give and opportunity to lay back for safety so I might go in again.

Dive Dive

Faint heart never won fair maiden
Report Whisperingdeath November 28, 2021 2:37 PM GMT
Did you top up at odds against swifty as advised?
Report swiftynifty November 28, 2021 3:53 PM GMT
NO, BUT HOPEFULLY YOU COULD BE RIGHT, GOOD LUCK TOMORROW.
Report Whisperingdeath November 28, 2021 11:22 PM GMT
Not sure tbh. Pitch is a little slow. India should have enough but if Williamson bats through they have more than half a chance. The pitch is not a regular Indian Bunsen but India have three good spinners plus two capable of reverse. I am getting up to watch at 4. Should be exciting. Not sure whether to wipe the slate for no loss and come in later in the day as I don’t  expect too much to happen until after tea and India could be 3 or 4 to 1 by then.
Report Aptdemon November 29, 2021 4:23 AM GMT
Set up beautifully, this one. Could be a cracker
Report Aptdemon November 29, 2021 4:33 AM GMT
I know India could really slow things down, if they had to, but I'm surprised that it's their price moving as NZ pick up boundaries
Report detraveller November 29, 2021 5:31 AM GMT
they look pretty comfortable out there.
Report detraveller November 29, 2021 6:26 AM GMT
can NZ win?
Report Aptdemon November 29, 2021 7:14 AM GMT
NZ lay at 5.0 looks golden but I've been like a frightened rabbit this morning.
Report Aptdemon November 29, 2021 7:16 AM GMT
They'll need to exceed run-rate of the last four days, with no real access to a new ball, on a dead strip, and endure time-wasting at the back end if they were anywhere near.
Report Aptdemon November 29, 2021 7:17 AM GMT
That said - I'm firmly hoping they go for it - I need to wake up!
Report Aptdemon November 29, 2021 7:18 AM GMT
No way are India less likely to win (which the market had them as for five minutes there!)
Report Aptdemon November 29, 2021 7:20 AM GMT
Ah well, they're now 7.8. I sat on my hands Cry
Report brentford November 29, 2021 7:38 AM GMT
could be some serious mischief in the last session if the chase is on..barely have got through to the scheduled finish so far in this game despite sunny days...
Report Whisperingdeath November 29, 2021 9:03 AM GMT
NZ win never  really a goer but it could have made the last session even more exciting. India went out to 17.5!

Could well be a draw. Key as always, Citizen Kane!

I do expect the pitch to start to misbehave a little more. It is unlikely to spit but low bounce and the odd turner will help India.
Report brentford November 29, 2021 10:40 AM GMT
umps carving up the market here....
Report brentford November 29, 2021 10:42 AM GMT
would have been the earliest finish of the match if they'd have gone off..cloud has passed it would seem...
Report brentford November 29, 2021 10:54 AM GMT
nz deserved the draw imo...another dull test match Tongue Out
Report Whisperingdeath November 29, 2021 12:41 PM GMT
Yes excellent match and well done Kiwis. They should have a better chance in Bombay. Looking forward to that too and the Ashes even if we don’t have a fast bowler.
Report Whisperingdeath December 1, 2021 12:23 PM GMT
I think Sri Lanka might be an interesting 6/4 shot if anyone is interested

Scores are level. SL two wickets down in second innings. WI batting last. The ball will get soft soon. Room for laying off the bet too although my previous tip at 1.34 did not work out there was plenty of money to be made and cover as India went out to 17.5 before coming back in to 1.32.
Report detraveller December 1, 2021 2:52 PM GMT
Will Mathews bat?
Report Whisperingdeath December 1, 2021 7:37 PM GMT
Not sure!
Report Whisperingdeath December 2, 2021 1:03 PM GMT
Not atypical Galle pitch. There is some bounce and spin but not exploding yet. Might green out and maybe gamble with the swings tomorrow. Not sure what happens. SL should win but they are likely to bat on to a 300 lead. If the pitch does not break it might be difficult to take 10.
Report detraveller December 2, 2021 4:04 PM GMT
I also think they are likely to bat on.
Report Aptdemon December 3, 2021 7:48 AM GMT
Wankhede spitting within 20 overs - decent forecast for five days...draw 4.0 Surprised
Report brentford December 3, 2021 8:43 AM GMT
credit to the 3rd ump - looked pad, bat, pad but could easily have bottled it...
Report brentford December 3, 2021 8:46 AM GMT
the mid off camera shows it perfectly when slowed...
Report Aptdemon December 3, 2021 8:46 AM GMT
Enjoyed that he spent ages on the bat/pad and entirely forgot to check the actual lbw Laugh
Report Aptdemon December 3, 2021 8:47 AM GMT
I mean, it was clearly adjacent but he went back to the pitch before he got a nudge from somewhere
Report brentford December 3, 2021 8:48 AM GMT
Grin  apt'  - must admit I nearly forgot that as well when taking prices...
Report brentford December 3, 2021 11:08 AM GMT
competition for these opening spots is getting quite lively... Gill looks quite a decent player as well as obviously Rohit and Rahaul and Agarwal getting a very decent 100 in quite challenging conditions..might be a case for Rohit dropping down the order at Rahane's expense going forward..
Report Whisperingdeath December 3, 2021 1:26 PM GMT
Iyer is the future at 5. Need Pant to bat 6 and an all rounder at 7 and a bowler who can bat like Ashwin at 8. Maybe Jajeda at 7 and 3 seamers.

There is a lot of dust to settle at the top. Hard to pick. KL Rahul is my number one because of a congested middle. Hard to get rid of Rohit but Gill is number one in the frame as replacement and Agarwal second. I slept through his knock today. May watch this afternoon.

What is interesting is Rahul and how must credit is afforded to senior players. There is so much young talent coming through. I personally would stick with Pujara but a new 3 will have a tough act to follow. Maybe Iyer or Agarwal could play at 3 to accommodate another at 5.
Report Whisperingdeath December 3, 2021 6:08 PM GMT
Impressive batting from these younger players. Test for both Gill and Agarwal will be abroad. Gill already has experience Aus and England. I think this is game over already with a 40% ROI although after last week I shall wait a little!
Report Aptdemon December 4, 2021 4:56 AM GMT
Inclined to agree - bounce and turn from ball one, difficult times likely for NZ bats up against Axar and Ashwin. Fairly dull for trading so hope I'm wrong.
Report brentford December 4, 2021 5:34 AM GMT
India doing exactly the right thing here trying to grind to 300 while the sun wears the pitch even more but a slightly frustrating watch at the moment...
Report brentford December 4, 2021 7:23 AM GMT
wonder what 'Jimmy' Sommerville is making of all this...
Report brentford December 4, 2021 7:32 AM GMT
Ajaz gets the new nickname ten-fer....
Report detraveller December 4, 2021 7:39 AM GMT
Somerville had a big hand to play in Patel's achievement.
Report Aptdemon December 4, 2021 7:47 AM GMT
Is Santner injured?

How is he behind Somerville in the NZ reckoning? He bats, too Crazy
Report brentford December 4, 2021 7:50 AM GMT
Is Santner injured?

don't think so apt' just that 'jimmy' was seen as the better front line spinner in this format...maybe not so much going forward though Satner is pretty limited in the longer form imo as well but as you say you get the batting as well...
Report brentford December 4, 2021 7:58 AM GMT
big drifty for a few overs of seam on a spinning pitch...
Report brentford December 4, 2021 7:58 AM GMT
and punished even before we see some spin ...
Report brentford December 4, 2021 8:14 AM GMT
might not even need the spinners Mischief
Report Whisperingdeath December 4, 2021 8:16 AM GMT
Fantastic spell this
Report Whisperingdeath December 4, 2021 9:03 AM GMT
You have to feel a little sorry for NZ here. They are not SA or Aus on a South Asian Bunsen but the best Test Team in the World getting a serious shoeing from their closest rivals.
Report brentford December 4, 2021 9:07 AM GMT
can't afford to have Williamson and Conway out...Mitchell @ 3 is horrific in the long form..and Rosco must be on borrowed time you'd think...
Report Whisperingdeath December 4, 2021 9:50 AM GMT
Yeah but

They have all performed well above expectations for some time. I don’t think their batters are great although certainly decent or workman like.

I think this is extraordinary from India
Report brentford December 4, 2021 9:53 AM GMT
yep, I don't think there is a team in world cricket that would have had much of a shout on this pitch against them, almost regardless of toss...
Report brentford December 4, 2021 9:57 AM GMT
at a more suitable time any views or input on the ashes thread from all would be welcome...was only started to try and encourage a bit of chat on a largely dead forum these days
Report brentford December 4, 2021 10:03 AM GMT
do India enforce here ?

given the chance..I'm thinking yes if under a 100 maybe not otherwise..
Report brentford December 4, 2021 10:13 AM GMT
fair enough either way with the forecast...
Report Whisperingdeath December 4, 2021 10:50 AM GMT
I did ha e too much batting and competition fir o,aces. They need a chance to showcase. This is still day 2!

I would have liked to see Kohli put his bowlers under pressure as an experiment but why not let them put their feet up when the top 3 batsmen are in a fight for places. I think Rahane is gawn btw. India could strengthen with a more dominant 3 but I like what Pujara does. He is the anvil and blunter of balls! England need someone like him
Report brentford December 4, 2021 10:53 AM GMT
yeah Puj' is a great compliment to what's around him...tough on Rahane especially as he does a decent job as skip in relief of Kohli but has had a very fair run without producing enough with the talent waiting in the wings..
Report Whisperingdeath December 4, 2021 11:17 AM GMT
Just far too much talent! England would take any of India’s 4 current openers

India could improve with an aggressive 3 but a blunter is effective,

They could also do with a fast bowler who can bat
Report Whisperingdeath December 5, 2021 10:24 AM GMT
A bit strange not to play Mitchell Santner. At least he can drop it on the spot.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com