Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
differentdrum
31 Oct 21 15:20
| Topic/replies: 14,116 | Blogger: differentdrum's blog
It should be his choice, or any individual's choice, not a case of if you don't do it, you can't play.

It is hard to believe the gesture can become more ridiculous.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 6
By:
johnnythebull
When: 31 Oct 21 16:23
what he objected to wasn't taking the knee
but the fact that on each occasion taking it you also had to have another CONvid jab
he said ..I can take some sh1t but not in my fking veins!
By:
jmdc
When: 01 Nov 21 09:47
Another example of where South African politicians are running the team. I still cannot understand why there are only four coloured players representing the country in these games. No wonder Devon Conway emigrated to New Zealand!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Nov 21 01:42
I don’t think I would like to be toId I had to kneel. I don’t think J would either. He should have played but stood up.
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 06 Nov 21 16:53
I wouldn't kneel on one knee for anyone. Just how this shows "solidarity" against so-called racism defeats me.
I don't need to adopt a subservient pose to "gesture" that I am not a racist.  And nor should anyone else be forced to.
By:
dustybin
When: 07 Nov 21 06:52
It is a bizarre manifestation, where is it’s natural end?
In years to come will somebody who has been anointed from some minority tribe who was given the overseer position to be judge on this issue declare the issue over…only for somebody to shout something and it all starts over again?
Or is it now part of sport, and soon the workplace where apologising and bowing will become the norm?
And why just race? Go to a football game and people will get called out on height, weight, follicular density, mother’s sexual history…etc etc etc.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 07 Nov 21 09:00
Very true Honcho.

Kapernicks gesture was not to kneel, certainly not a subservient position. He knelt rather than sit through the National Anthem as a mark of respect to ex servicemen who thought sitting was disrespectful. Imho he should have turned his back on the flag or just got on with his warm up paying no attention to the anthem as it had no respect for him.

This kneeling gesture adopted by BLM is pretty stupid.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com