Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Spinmaster
10 Sep 21 08:59
| Topic/replies: 1,908 | Blogger: The Spinmaster's blog
IPL rules?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 57
By:
wroughtironronn
When: 10 Sep 21 09:09
This is interesting
By:
BESTMATE44
When: 10 Sep 21 09:23
Cancelled,covid!
By:
barstool
When: 10 Sep 21 10:35
None of the Indian players have tested positive.

So the situation is exactly as it was before the start of the fourth test which was played.

Only this time the IPL is just nine days away.

It does make you wonder. As spinmaster puts it above IPL (money) rules.
By:
barstool
When: 10 Sep 21 10:36
As for the fans and the paying public.

Yes of course.

They don't matter.
By:
brentford
When: 10 Sep 21 10:40
well that goes both ways to be fair barstool,

ECB didn't want the 100 launch being overshadowed by a test match...which is why this one ends up so close to the IPL...
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 10 Sep 21 10:54
Look don’t tell me Kohli or Sharma saw this as a good way to ensure a series win. They were chasing greatness and glory, both of ,which, money cannot buy. To beat England and Australia away consecutively is almost unheard of.

As for The IPL I think we showed the World Might is Right. Jus5 because we no longer rule it we cannot cry about the rule we established.

Wtf plays in the middle of September anyway. If anything it is good that this has come back to bite The ECB in the Jacksy. They deserve it. They take of us fans at will. £100 to watch a day of Test Cricket? Yes it is worth that to me but they take the Michael.

Can’t blame the Indian players. What did we do to South Africa?

It is all just terribly disappointing
By:
barstool
When: 10 Sep 21 11:07
To call it off just two hours before start of play is a joke.

If they did not like the schedule when it came out they should have said so and played a three or for match series instead.
By:
brentford
When: 10 Sep 21 11:11
well if they hadn't had various members of their staff test positive they would have still fulfilled the game in all likelihood, the fixture negotiations were just that and obviously the ecb and Bcci wanted 5 matches from a revenue perspective.
By:
elisjohn
When: 10 Sep 21 11:12
chap on tms now , said he was on the phone all night trying to get the indian board to play, so ecb  must have known last night
By:
brentford
When: 10 Sep 21 11:12
Ravi's book signing session may have a bit to answer for...not the brightest move to spend an hour or so signing books with a few hundred different people breathing directly over you Shocked
By:
spyker
When: 10 Sep 21 11:47
Does anybody seriously think if India were 2-1 down this match wouldn't be being played (ignoring the fact that India never wanted this match this late and so close to the IPL)? Simple to resolve - if it is cancelled and not forfeited then the Indian players can't play in the IPL (or any other cricket obv) until they've had 14 days of quarantine here and whatever the rules are in India. if they go straight in to the IPL then it's pretty obvious they have gamed  the system.
By:
elisjohn
When: 10 Sep 21 11:52
wish i knew what bookmakers and betfair are doing with series score/ result ?
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 10 Sep 21 11:56
Don’t think so spyker

The RSPCA would have been called in. We were going to get walloped on a fast dry pitch.
By:
Fatslogger
When: 10 Sep 21 12:48
I’m very disappointed by this, despite having laid the draw heavily to a near £10k red for £5.5k green results, so with a break even point well above the prices that were there before it was called off. Still, I thought the forecast gave excellent chances of enough play for a result and was expecting a profit. I don’t think it’s rained so far either. I reckon draw would at least have got up above 3s with a start on time. I might not have taken much red off below 3.5. It’s also very sad for test cricket and a really exciting series between a very flawed but quite enjoyable England side and the excellent Indian tourists.

On the technicalities of the Covid risk, depends a bit on how vaccinated everyone involved was, which isn’t info I’m aware of being available (nor should it be, necessarily). Does have to be said that negative tests, presumably LFTs this morning, which aren’t amazingly sensitive, 3-4 days after close contact exposure wouldn’t be all that reassuring. Given that it was several players exposed I completely understand the call made. Yes, the IPL may have factored in but that would only matter if there were spread between the players during the game and if you’re considering those scenarios as the important ones, err clearly you want the game called off leaving the IPL aside then anyway. Does that make sense? The bad outcomes don’t need to disrupt the IPL to be considered bad enough to pull the game.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 10 Sep 21 13:45
I was laying the draw too! So much so that I factored in the wind and chances of the pitch drying out. I also had a lean on India because I thought Ashwin might play. I would find it hard to think that Kohli could leave out Bumrah but Shami would be a good replacement.

Butler weakened England. Would have been so interesting to find out which XL’s were selected. We really have been robbed by this!
By:
Fatslogger
When: 10 Sep 21 13:56
Which 40 players both teams were picking? That seems like a lot of Covid subs.

Seriously, I was well up for this test and also feel robbed. I might manage to lose a little bit of money backing he Banglas to compensate but it’s not the same. In fact, might even be able to go plus there with them recovering in the chase.
By:
Fatslogger
When: 10 Sep 21 13:57
I think India would have stuck with same side. Ashwin is an absolutely amazing cricketer to be leaving out for a whole series but with the overheads, I think they’d have wanted to keep the 4 quick bowlers. I thought it would be drawn about 1 time in 5!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 10 Sep 21 14:14
Ashwin for Siraj. Vihare for Rahane. Maybe even Shami comes back. But yeah Kohli goes unchanged!

Wood comes in for Overton. Butler for YJB. I would have Leach for either Robinson or Anderson.
By:
elisjohn
When: 10 Sep 21 15:24
if this test has been cancelled then i presume that betfair will void correct score and series winner markets, but bookmakers will pay on 2-1  scoreline , if its forfeit then it will go down as drawn and 2-2, but what im reading between the lines its been cancelled with agreement of both boards so 2-1 score should remain ,   but who knows!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 10 Sep 21 15:40
It’s 2-1 Dude.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 10 Sep 21 17:28
Ashley

I have just read about ICC adjudication!

Lawyers involved and Insurance is the issue. I suspect this might go to court. Forfeiture v Covid

No insurance against covid so ECB May have to pick up the loss!

India will not swallow a forfeit so a money spinning test next summer that will mean little to India may be played to save face and generate some cash.
By:
brentford
When: 10 Sep 21 17:49
yep, they were talking about shoe horning it in to next summer as India are due here for white ball tour...probably get rained out Cry
By:
geordie1956
When: 10 Sep 21 18:48
the demands of the game now are ridiculous ... the british summer is short enough as it is but we are attempting to shoehorn ever more fixtures into it because finance demands it ... domestic county cricket which should be the feeder for the international team is now seemingly superfluous and is cast aside to april / early may & september where conditions are often inhospitable for the livelihood of decent county cricket  ... the format we have now ... created as a result of covid but likely to remain is contrived & doesn't work (the championship decider) will go into October which is a sorry state of affairs  ... at least hold it in Dubai or somewhere warm & beam it live to the UK via the BBC to create an interest & stimulate some interest
there should be some sort of rejig by the ecb but i fear that the line of current thinking has moved the goalposts (an oxymoron perhaps!) to such an extent that the one day game and even more so T20 & now the hundred has created a monster which will destroy the game as many of us old uns have grown up to love  ...
money of course is the root of the problem but how do we turn the tide of reason ... perhaps its too late
By:
brentford
When: 10 Sep 21 18:56
I agree with a lot of that post geordie ... (especially liked the idea of the Dubai game though I guess county members and supporters of the competing teams might find reasonable grounds for disapproval)

but would observe that cricket's responsibilities extend well beyond traditionalists and for the game to continue to flourish it has to work as hard at serving the younger market which typically prioritises white ball cricket...
By:
geordie1956
When: 10 Sep 21 19:01
don't disagree with your points brentford & i understand that the young favour the white ball game so the tradionalists have to change to the times but just attemting to offer some balance ... i appreciate there is likelihood no answer which offers complete satisfaction
By:
brentford
When: 10 Sep 21 19:06
Hopefully at least the domestic programme will get better structured than it is currently...does feel a bit of a mess
By:
spyker
When: 10 Sep 21 19:13
The silence from the team. bcci and the whole of India speaks volumes. It smacks of 'this was always the plan' (hence the silence) and the way it's been done is terrible and shockingly bad publicity - imagine if this was any team in India, the team hotel would have been  burnt down by now!
They could have done this earlier in the week - the stuff about the physio seems plausible  hence not until now but there must be loads of physios that various people from the team know etc who could cover and be passed covid ok. I don't know how many but covid subs can be used if anyone got it during the game i stand by the above that if this was 1-2, 1-1 etc the match would be on.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 10 Sep 21 19:37
spyker

This is a cricket forum. We love cricket and sport in general. We do not hate people. If you have a beef or maybe even do not like people with darker skin we really do not care but take it to the toilet where you belong, pleaseWink
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 10 Sep 21 19:40
I do not like to bring politics into cricket or this forum, which, is quite ironic but GB News are reporting that India have forfeited the fixture!

I am looking forward to seeing what the economic and legal ramifications of today and any fudge produced by the authorities of both countries are.
By:
windsor knot
When: 10 Sep 21 19:49
any way you look at this year in cricket , with the introduction of the 100 and the ' planning ' of matches,  county cricket is dead  and buried.... and test cricket is in the hearse behind .
By:
twizzle22
When: 10 Sep 21 21:20
Where exactly has Spyker spouted anything racist WD? Get off YOUR political high horse FFS!
By:
mafeking
When: 11 Sep 21 00:31
apparently this was meant to be the first test but that would have meant clashing with the start of the ECB's precious 100 so it was switched to mid september where the short gap to the resumption of the IPL always left little room for manoeuvre
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 11 Sep 21 09:00
Have you got anything to say about the cricket twizzle?
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 11 Sep 21 09:36
“If it was someone else, someone working in logistics, they wouldn’t be this afraid. But when this person got it, that’s when they got the jitters.” There are echoes of England’s decision to postpone three ODIs against South Africa last December after a positive result for a member of staff at their hotel – someone who had been serving them – sent a surge of collective anxiety through the camp regarding their ability to join family at home or overseas for Christmas.

Back then players were not vaccinated (as is the case now), the matches were being played behind closed doors and South Africa’s squad had already experienced three positives in the preceding weeks. But it still set a precedent which has ultimately left the ECB scant room for complaint now a repeat of this situation has occurred on their doorstep.
By:
twizzle22
When: 11 Sep 21 12:02
You're the one who bought race into the thread Wd. I dislike you and your views, I'll leave it at that.
By:
sir rufus
When: 11 Sep 21 13:05
When will these bookmakers make their minds up, and betfair as well.  Are we being paid out on 2-1 series win? What is so difficult about making a decision?
By:
peckerdunne
When: 11 Sep 21 13:37
I P L. Just about to get bigger and longer, just need a T20 super league and you have no test matches at all, which is already very very thin on the ground
By:
elisjohn
When: 11 Sep 21 13:39
bookmakers surely cant void correct score series, or theyll have to pay back all losing bets,
By:
kallisking
When: 11 Sep 21 15:28
If series is settled as 2-1 with final test cancelled rather than forfeited then will bookies pay out on India series winner even though it’s effectively a 4 test series rather than 5. Or voided?
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com