Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
peckerdunne
02 Sep 21 09:55
| Topic/replies: 39,294 | Blogger: peckerdunne's blog
Eng opt to field
Pause Switch to Standard View England V India 4th Test @ The Oval
Show More
Report wondersobright September 6, 2021 2:21 PM BST
a calypso to warm the cockles Grin
Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 2:21 PM BST
Laugh
Report SlippyBlue September 6, 2021 2:21 PM BST
Well done peckerdunne, you did call it.
Report peckerdunne September 6, 2021 2:23 PM BST
Cheers Slippy, occasionally we get one right
Report barstool September 6, 2021 2:24 PM BST
Ali, bat two foot in front of the pad when the ball is pitching outside the leg stump?

Hide the bat behind the pad and push them away.

Can't believe my own eyes.
Report peckerdunne September 6, 2021 2:24 PM BST
Wonders at the bar
Report elisjohn September 6, 2021 2:25 PM BST
100-0 to probably 180 all out
Report Aptdemon September 6, 2021 2:27 PM BST

Sep 6, 2021 -- 7:02AM, bobweenit wrote:

Good lad pecker, never heard of them. They try to report as little as possible on your lot over here.Got the covid for the 2nd time myself peck, still testing postive today a week later, wont stop me celebrating with a few rums in a beer garden later though when this draw hacks up, test out a few of the double jabbed mugs immunity innit

At least Bumrah's yorkers may be stopping a few mugs and children being wilfully exposed to a deadly virus Love

Report wondersobright September 6, 2021 2:27 PM BST
shades of pakistan bowling 20 years ago all this reverse swing
Report wondersobright September 6, 2021 2:27 PM BST
savage reverse
Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 2:30 PM BST
Dont worry Apt , i will have to drown the sorrows now Wink
Report elisjohn September 6, 2021 2:30 PM BST
india still 100-4 1st day on my home page Cry
Report peckerdunne September 6, 2021 2:34 PM BST
I would not take new ball too soon
Report wondersobright September 6, 2021 2:35 PM BST
I would wait too...worst ways you've still got it up your sleeve for later
Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 2:39 PM BST
What Wonders doesnt no about sport aint worth knowing Wink
Report peckerdunne September 6, 2021 2:39 PM BST
Warney,planting the seed, ha was a bit more than that
Report wondersobright September 6, 2021 2:40 PM BST

Sep 6, 2021 -- 8:39AM, bobweenit wrote:

What Wonders doesnt no about sport aint worth knowing

Grin

Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 2:40 PM BST
Draw odds on coming pecker from 5 s
Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 2:40 PM BST
Hope u got on
Report wondersobright September 6, 2021 2:42 PM BST
been a cracking series this bob
Report wondersobright September 6, 2021 2:42 PM BST
best for 18+ months anyway
Report peckerdunne September 6, 2021 2:44 PM BST
Bob I bet Tom told his mum he was going to see the wall, when he really meant chained to a wall of worse still sitting on one with a bag of sweets
Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 2:47 PM BST
Your getting Hamburg and Berlin confused Peck but stillLaugh
Report peckerdunne September 6, 2021 2:48 PM BST
I ain't that thick Bob
Report peckerdunne September 6, 2021 2:49 PM BST
Lol
Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 2:49 PM BST
Laugh
Report peckerdunne September 6, 2021 2:54 PM BST
I think the wife misses me Bob, in between bottles of Pinot lol
Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 2:55 PM BST
Grin
Report peckerdunne September 6, 2021 2:56 PM BST
She said one day at a time, I said, Oh you mean us. Ha
Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 2:59 PM BST
Haha
Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 3:03 PM BST
Security muggerLaughLaugh yeah thats a fielder mate
Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 3:15 PM BST
Mo00sive draw here, nobody getting ro00t out!!
Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 3:15 PM BST
Take me to clo0ver Joseph Ro00t
Report johnnythebull September 6, 2021 3:17 PM BST
boys,i'm a relative neophyte to cricket(much like mighty Albion's batting line-up tbf) but am i getting ahead of myself in thinking England are now going to find it difficult to win this match?
Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 3:19 PM BST
Wongggaaah
Report Wallflower September 6, 2021 3:19 PM BST
johnnythebull 06 Sep 21 14:17 
boys,i'm a relative neophyte to cricket(much like mighty Albion's batting line-up tbf) but am i getting ahead of myself in thinking England are now going to find it difficult to win this match?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be correctCool
Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 3:19 PM BST
I Jinx Joesph into that Bo0000000m
Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 3:21 PM BST
Who is joining me in a fine English beer garden to celebrate Excited
Report elisjohn September 6, 2021 3:22 PM BST
ebony suggests that root wicket has blown the game openLaughLaugh
Report johnnythebull September 6, 2021 3:22 PM BST
and this was a purported runway save the rough for the spinner but never lose faith in Albion's propensity for ever more cataclysmic collapses

no way can any apologist defend this,i'm sorry
Report bobweenit September 6, 2021 3:27 PM BST
Treat her to a fine Pinot Peck, She must be going up the Wall not being able to share a bottle with her mates in a a upmarket establishment..
Report sageform September 6, 2021 3:38 PM BST
Someone in the England camp has hacked into ball trackingLaugh
Report VardonVoo. September 6, 2021 3:40 PM BST
I just benefitted from an amazing fat-finger trade on that wicket - a £45 lay matched on a spike down from Eng 500s to 100 !
Rarely do I get lucky like that.
Report SontaranStratagem September 6, 2021 4:10 PM BST
A truly pathetic collapse but its expected lets be honest

To keep losing from the positions we get ourselves into on first days its bonkers

How many times have we had a team 120odd/7 and managed to squander it?
Report SontaranStratagem September 6, 2021 4:12 PM BST
Middle order again with 0 0 2 and 18

But to lose this comfortably after 2 sessions on day 1 is pathetic
Report barstool September 6, 2021 4:20 PM BST
India have bowled well. Having said that they should not be bowling to victory so easily.

Poor effort from us. The openers did their job, Malan did not have a clue and that innings set the tone for the day.
Report peckerdunne September 6, 2021 4:23 PM BST
Sweep him Jimmy
Report geordie1956 September 6, 2021 4:26 PM BST
its been a horrible effort by england ... lets hope the ashes is postponed
Report SontaranStratagem September 6, 2021 4:46 PM BST
Australia will walk it 5-0

I'd just fein an injury and get out of that embarrassment

Last two tours there have been 5-0 and 4-0 (A road rescuing us from back to back whitewashes Cry)
Report SlippyBlue September 6, 2021 4:48 PM BST
That was grim viewing, well done India of course but that was a truly shocking performance to put it mildly.
Report VardonVoo. September 6, 2021 5:08 PM BST
England U19 1.01 nearly got gubbed by West Indies U19 and traded as high as 3.0, but at least our U19s managed to pull it back.
Report Whisperingdeath September 6, 2021 7:37 PM BST
How many times have we had a team 120odd/7 and managed to squander it?

Shardul Thaker was the game changer in both innings. Rohit was magnificent sure but India would have lost without both of Thakur's knocks. He was my MoM by far!

Just got back from The Oval. Was in the Laker stand, members debentures, bloody marvellous but did not really see what was going on.

England at one point trade lower than India today. Draw traded odds on. Couldn't really see so stayed out of it but it looked bleedin' obvious in hindsight. England had little chance of winning although the draw was a possibility until Burns got out. It was carnage after that.
Report TOP3MAN September 6, 2021 8:13 PM BST
Way England lost this test is down to Root as a captain.

Great batsman, useless captain
Report SontaranStratagem September 6, 2021 8:14 PM BST
I thought last night we'd chase it, it was great for batting

Then by lunch I'd realised its England and we always collapse, we're back to the 90s nowadays
Report TOP3MAN September 6, 2021 8:18 PM BST
It wasn't even close in the end.. a bit spineless

Only hope England have is if the opponent has a collapse like in the previous test and there is no hope of a comeback.

Ruthless and England test cricket doesn't go hand in hand, the opponent always has a chance it seems.
Report LoyalHoncho September 6, 2021 8:23 PM BST
Did I see properly/notice right today something which I hadn't before - Jimmy Anderson batting left-handed?
If so how common is it for a bowler to bowl with his right but bat left-handed?
Or was I looking at someone else?
Report Whisperingdeath September 7, 2021 4:49 AM BST
Yes you did. Not uncommon. We will get a list up for you in due course.

Jimmy is known as the Burnley Lara. Brian Lara of course was a left hooker.
Report detraveller September 7, 2021 5:36 AM BST
Klusener, albie and morne morkel, Neil Johnson, G Smith, Paul Adams, Alistair Campbell to name a few South African and Zimbabwe players.

Rory Burns is the same too.
Report roache September 7, 2021 9:30 AM BST
On day 4 of this test match all the Sky pundits were in agreement that the wicket was still a very good batting wicket albeit the normal day 5 pitch rough from the bowlers footmarks and in agreement that although it may be a tall order to score the large amount of runs for victory at least they will easily bat out the day for a draw ? ?

Really i thought to myself are all these pundits oblivious to Englands woeful batting and collapses during the last few years,are they blind to the 2nd test spineless capitulation by the batting line up in turning a draw into an embarrassing defeat and this defeat after an unlikely opening partnership of 100 to get off to a great start and then blown away in just over 2 sessions,our batting during the last few years is simply very very poor and an embarrassment bar Joe Root.
Report Whisperingdeath September 7, 2021 10:39 AM BST
Zulu! Oh yes I remember him well.
Report Whisperingdeath September 7, 2021 10:46 AM BST
Easy with hindsight Roache.

The pitch had indeed flattened out and the openers looked in little trouble until Burns got out. There indeed was a killing to be made but cricket is a funny game. I did want to hit it hard but built up a good position with a nominal variety and did not want to f things up. Like I said though when the draw went odds on and England edged ahead in India odds wise was a golden point.
Report Whisperingdeath September 7, 2021 10:53 AM BST
Whisperingdeath 05 Sep 21 17:54

Still a lot can happen tomorrow. Going to try and sit on my hands for as long as I can but will look at laying draw and backing India. Maybe even lay England from time to time as every wicket will send the market into a frenzy with people trying to cover their positions.

Not really sure what will happen but it is absorbing cricket as far as I am concerned.

I had the foresight but not the bottle. I got tickets to the final day after this post but could not really see what was going on from my position so decided to enjoy the day, which, I did even at £6.58 a pint!
Report brentford September 7, 2021 12:10 PM BST
Of the more noteable ones not so far mentioned ...David Gower and Mike Hussey both naturally right handed but batted left handed to considerable effect..
Report VardonVoo. September 7, 2021 1:08 PM BST
For the record India went from 6s to exactly evens then to 5s to odds-on and again to to 5s to odds-on, England went from 6s to upper 2s to 9s to mid-2s to 10s to upper 3s and the Draw peaked at 25 - plenty of trading opportunities there.
Report Whisperingdeath September 7, 2021 2:57 PM BST
I am interested. I bought India at 4.82 and it just got worse quickly but I stayed with it because I had a good feeling about the last day. India were down and out twice. 120-7 and I think about 227 when Shardul came in. Both times he gave India the impetus to stay in the game and they did. My MOM by far, proper game changer.

Interesting about Sky commentators. Some of you boys slag of Ebony and I don't know maybe she deserves it but Tufnell and Vaughan are both seasoned International cricketers and they both looked like monkeys yesterday England didn't really have a chance. There was a good chance of the draw until 11:37 when England started the disintegration.

Btw Shardul was the man who got that started again. He got the ball to reverse to Burns who looked in complete control. It was a great ball then Bumrah came in with 89mph full ball to Pope and a blistering yorker to 3 balls at the crease YJB. The RSPCA should have been called neither had a chance. India bowled well. I would not be too harsh on them. They had 3 or 4 lhb's. Little chance against Jadeja.
Report VardonVoo. September 8, 2021 6:23 AM BST
To be fair Vaughan never seriously rate England's chances of actually winning, constantly citing how big the chase was, historically speaking. Tuffers these days just tries to be funny and popular. I don't understand the forum auto-hatred of the girls. We've had mixed commentary for tennis for decades without it ever being an issue. At least they don't waffle **** like Blowers used to and you can give me any of the girls over Swanny.

Eng really should have been able to bat out much longer than they managed. All results should have still been possible until at least tea.
Report Whisperingdeath September 8, 2021 10:28 AM BST
I loved Blowers!

You are right though, disappointing misogyny from some respected posters here.

I also think you are being a little hard on England. They were 100-0. Whilst not scoring quickly they looked comfortable enough and a draw was on the cards and odds on.

Again I say it Shardul Thakur changed the game when he found reverse in this God awful of summers for the first time probably.

Bumrah’s spell was also pretty awesome.he wickets of Pope and particularly Johnny are going to be remembered and replayed although mY d not quite Holding bowling Greigg.
Report LoyalHoncho September 8, 2021 7:46 PM BST
Thanks Whispering.  Did you know by the way that the greatest golfer who ever lived, Jack Nicklaus, has that in common with Jimmy.  Everything other than play golf he does left-handed.  What a bowler Jimmy is by the way.
Personally I think Vaughan does waffle but it is only my opinion.  Every so often he contradicts himself in the same sentence.
I loved Blowers on that programme where celebs went to India and, as he sat in the small stand spectating a match, he spoke and Indians round about instantly recognised his voice and were gobsmacked to see and hear him.  He was terrifically genial with them and they were delighted.  Seemed a lovely chap.  A class voice first of all, which must be the be all and end all surely for any commentator, and a great love for the game.
A class act for me.
Report Whisperingdeath September 8, 2021 8:24 PM BST
Do you expect me to talk Blofeld?

No Mr Bond, I expect you to die.

Henry went to school with Ian Fleming who thought Blofeld was a great name for a villain.

Henry drove his Rolls Royce to India in the 1970’s, which, must have been interesting.
Report elisjohn September 8, 2021 10:44 PM BST
great post there , loyal honcho,
Report elisjohn September 8, 2021 10:45 PM BST
ps i miss geoffrey as well , he was last of the old guard to go, not the same now
Report LoyalHoncho September 9, 2021 7:28 AM BST
Thank you and good luck.  Love
Report elisjohn September 9, 2021 9:13 AM BST
why the big drift on india this morning, ok i understand the rain factor, but england stayed the same as last night but india from around 3.1 to 3.9
Report Whisperingdeath September 9, 2021 12:25 PM BST
Possible covid too
Report brentford September 9, 2021 4:36 PM BST
team news certainly going to be interesting, for the sake of what's been a very well contested series let's hope India can get something close to their first choice XI out...I assume there will be another round of covid tests in the morning ?
Report isleham September 9, 2021 6:19 PM BST
I had the misfortune to be in the car last Saturday before lunch when Ebony waffled on for a full thirty minutes about driving sheep through the city of London with little regard to the actual play..certainly turned me away from TMS in the future
Report elisjohn September 9, 2021 6:26 PM BST
and isha the biggest name dropper ive ever heard,
Report brentford September 9, 2021 9:49 PM BST
entire Indian squad test negative according to cricinfo...
Report Whisperingdeath September 9, 2021 11:21 PM BST
Far from being a problem the weather might aid a result. Not much wind on first two days but increases from day 3.

Not sure wh6 I did are so long. maybe because the word is Bumrah is rested?
Report Whisperingdeath September 9, 2021 11:21 PM BST
India
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 9:03 AM BST
CATASTROPHE
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 9:09 AM BST
Extremely disappointing
Report A_T September 10, 2021 9:23 AM BST
2-2?
Report VardonVoo. September 10, 2021 9:24 AM BST
Chris Broad to decide the series result. Hmmmmmmmm......
Report brentford September 10, 2021 9:28 AM BST
ecb retracts forfeiture statement....yep, probably best Laugh
Report LendUsAFiver September 10, 2021 9:33 AM BST
ecb set to lose £20m in ticket and media sales due to this. Seems like a bizarre declaration by India.
Report LendUsAFiver September 10, 2021 9:34 AM BST
Should have been a forfeit, even though I would have lost £300 - not a single COVID positive test in the players.
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 9:41 AM BST
Forfeiture?

Might is Right!
Report brentford September 10, 2021 9:41 AM BST
apparently there was a second round of testing on thurs which at least publicly haven't yet been announced - if they genuinely couldn't put a proper XI out seems fair enough and they mentioned some proviso for such a case yesterday from the ICC (I think), otherwise would be rather dodgy but regardless the weight of the BCCI in world cricket these days it's best to find an 'agreed' resolution of some kind if at all possible.
Report VardonVoo. September 10, 2021 9:45 AM BST
You mean like tossing a coin?
Report brentford September 10, 2021 9:50 AM BST
well with the form Root is in with the coin toss....Wink
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 9:57 AM BST
British Rail set to be a big loser too. Half of Surrey was on a train to Manchester and decamped at Milton Keynes this morning!
Report Fangsy September 10, 2021 9:59 AM BST
If the cancellation is a precautionary one to protect the IPL and/or India is awarded the series it sets one or two desperate precedents for test cricket in the near future.  The impact on broadcasters and those countries/grounds hosting matches could be profound
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 10:07 AM BST
Lawyers are paid a lot to make these contracts. If the people paying their bills are not getting protected they need to find new counsel.

Terrible precedent. Sad from Indian players who were on the verge of greatness.

Money cannot buy greatness India!

Good luck in the IPL.
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 10:09 AM BST
Nas makes a good point about the players though
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 10:10 AM BST
It transpires India wanted this match to be the first in the series but it clashed with The Hundred. ECB are jointly culpable with BCCI
Report VardonVoo. September 10, 2021 10:18 AM BST
Series Winner market now suspended. Last trades were around evens.
Report geordie1956 September 10, 2021 12:07 PM BST
Very disappointing to see the summer test schedule ending this way ... obviously the ramifications will follow but very sad for the public who have paid good money not just for the game (refundable) but travelling & accomodation costs (non refundable) and more so the expectation & goodwill which can never be replaced ... no doubt a whitewash will follow in terms of blame
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 12:23 PM BST
People have traveled from all over the country and some have flown in. Very sad indeed and disappointing. Would have been a fitting climax on the best pitch in the country where nobody could hide. We have all been cheated.
Report Fatslogger September 10, 2021 12:51 PM BST
It’s sad but I think makes sense from perspective of a significant exposure to several players at a point where testing doesn’t give you that much reassurance that they aren’t incubating Covid. See my post on the tread for the 5th test.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com