Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 149 comments are related to the topic:
3rd Test. England V India. Headingly

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 149
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 28 Aug 21 10:25
Whisperingdeath Aug 21 16:48

You need to be on aceed to figure out how India can escape this. Bowl tight, wear down the pitch. England bat all day tomorrow and get close to 400. Batting day 3 will be at its best. India need to make 500 maybe 600 and bat for 2 whole days, which, is possible but then hope the pitch does not stay firm and they skittle England for under 250. I don't think it ever happens.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 28 Aug 21 10:29
Whisperingdeath Aug 21 17:40

I think it is more about time. Keep England batting all day for less than an additional 250 runs but I am not sure India will be able to bat all day 3 and 4. It will need most of their batsmen to get in properly.

If the ball does nothing as it did for India today then it is the remotest of possibilities but there may well be cloud cover although tbf the England ball swung in the sun. England bowlers are great when there is action with the Dukes. If the pitch firms up they can all look a little military medium even at this level.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 28 Aug 21 10:31

Whisperingdeath 26 Aug 21 14:03

India look broken. I expect them to be rolled over in the second innings quite frankly. Their bowling is inept in this match and Kohli is doing nothing to protect the flow of runs.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 28 Aug 21 10:33
Whisperingdeath 26 Aug 21 11:46

India still believe it or not are in this game. Tomorrow I expect the pitch still to be good enough to bat on. I am not sure India will be good enough to set England 250 but if England were batting on the last day I think 250 might be more than enough to defend. Not sure this game is going into day 5 either. Depends what ball Anderson picks out of the box!

More than it ever was!

Anderson will not be happy that TMS quoted his average in the first innings of matches and that it fell to something like 65 in the second innings! He is facing his Kohli moment! He needs to get wickets this innings!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 28 Aug 21 10:42
Where are my people when I need them?

I was looking at a 66% loss and now am green. I always fly the dream, he who dares wins Rodney. The loss would have been less than the win from the last match so I can let it ride.

Logic tell me to cash out and walk away with my stake in tact but I am an inveterate gambler. A sensible man would say cash out for now, retain the money and go back in later, that is what I really am considering now. Unfortunately I believe the dream. If Kohli and Pudgy see off the new ball or even 4 or 5 overs prices will tumble. It is sunny in fooking Yorkshire! The ball can swing in the sun and is more likely to swing than yesterday because it is warmer though I think it still looks a bit chilly right now.

Should I stay or should I go? A wicket and I lose all my money!
By:
Esox
When: 28 Aug 21 10:58
A new ball and a nights sleep, wickets surely.
By:
sageform
When: 28 Aug 21 11:18
One gone. Two more before lunch and it should be a routine win from there.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 28 Aug 21 11:19
India price must crash if there are no wickets. I thought I made a mistake by laying the draw but I think to wipe away my India green would be a bigger mistake. I know it is early but if England do not threaten the stumps in the next hour and bingo! They threaten the stumps!

Now I think it is a shame that my India lay did not get taken because I would be straight back in. Anderson has bowled badly this morning. If and ok a big if Rahane survives his first hour then England are on the back foot again and will more defensive after lunch. Then again England need 3 wickets to win this match.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 28 Aug 21 11:21
Batting still looks relatively easy. That was a mistake clearly in judgement. I think I am going to stay on it! Pant v Moen!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 28 Aug 21 11:22
Rahane looked ok in the first innings here. Overton should be bowling instead of Anderson right now.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 28 Aug 21 11:24
Two more after lunch sage and it should be a routine win for England.

They are still 137 behind. For India it is a matter of batting time and let the scoreboard look after itself. Bat all day and they will score another 300. If England bat today they win the game. If they bat tomorrow there might be wear and tear of the pitch to factor in.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 28 Aug 21 11:25
First decent ball from Anderson this morning.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 28 Aug 21 11:35
I love this game Stan!
By:
Aptdemon
When: 28 Aug 21 11:50
Brilliant spell of cricket since the wicket - someone layed a bucketload of every snippet up to 1000.0 on India on Kohli's non-wicket Scared
By:
Aptdemon
When: 28 Aug 21 11:51
...and they'll instantly be breathing a tad easier!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 28 Aug 21 11:52
Oh FFS!

I was on a winner for a minute!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 28 Aug 21 11:53
Wasn't me aptWink

First hour all so important and England have won it. Curse of commentator from Warner about Kohli going on the make big scores once he gets his 50...Angry
By:
sageform
When: 28 Aug 21 11:54
Two down, one more before lunch please.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 28 Aug 21 11:57
Its all over now! 4 minutes left in the hour.
By:
sageform
When: 28 Aug 21 11:57
Oh Jimmy Jimmy! Surely that is enough to ensure a win.
By:
jumper3
When: 28 Aug 21 12:06
4th day punters probably now won't even get a full day's play. Doubtful if they'll get to Tea at this rate.
By:
brentford
When: 28 Aug 21 12:06
be lucky to get to lunch...
By:
sageform
When: 28 Aug 21 12:11
Ignore saving runs and put everyone catching close to the wicket.
By:
Aptdemon
When: 28 Aug 21 12:13
Can't wait to see Robinson in Australia.

He could easily be Glenn McGrath's child. Early days but easily finds his groove (especially for someone so new to Tests). He's a metronome.
By:
sageform
When: 28 Aug 21 12:14
We have a new fast bowler at last. Look out Broad. Not out but still excellent bowling.
By:
brentford
When: 28 Aug 21 12:14
been a real find apt, looks like he's been playing this level for years...
By:
brentford
When: 28 Aug 21 12:19
Eng happy not to be chasing 170+ looking at that...though no Ashwin of course
By:
johnnythebull
When: 28 Aug 21 12:33
Kohli is massively overrated..nowt more than flat track bully on home soil

England have bowled really well but India have been abject
By:
johnnythebull
When: 28 Aug 21 12:45
superb bowling but that was some sort of collapse
By:
sageform
When: 28 Aug 21 12:51
Well I didn't expect it to be that easy after yesterday. It seemed to be all about the ball as well as some good bowling.
Day 1 First new ball took 10 wickets for 78.
England first ball 2 wickets. Second ball 8.
India second innings. First ball 2 wickets for 215. Second ball 8 wickets for 63.
Page 4 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com