Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 149 comments are related to the topic:
3rd Test. England V India. Headingly

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 149
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Aug 21 17:47
I'm Irish, can't be too compli.entry lol

Jesus Mo
By:
sageform
When: 26 Aug 21 17:48
Here we go. No blame to Root but the other three wickets were cheap. Moeen looks like a tail ender in Test cricket.
By:
johnnythebull
When: 26 Aug 21 17:49
once again Birstow,Buttler and Ali have demonstrated why they should never be within a million miles of any test team which guarantees they will continue to be selected until they draw their pensions!!
By:
jmdc
When: 26 Aug 21 17:52
ODI players.
By:
johnnythebull
When: 26 Aug 21 17:58
overrated even in that format
By:
johnnythebull
When: 26 Aug 21 17:59
Kohli's field placings have been abysmal..must have given up,as a bare minimum,50 odd in free boundaries
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 26 Aug 21 18:24
Just hope the Indians can put up some sort of fight and entertain us and the crowd
By:
cricketnut2
When: 26 Aug 21 19:07

Aug 26, 2021 -- 11:49AM, johnnythebull wrote:

once again Birstow,Buttler and Ali have demonstrated why they should never be within a million miles of any test team which guarantees they will continue to be selected until they draw their pensions!!

I agree that butler and moheen are a waste of space in our test team, but Bairstow is ok and can get Test runs, nowever Butler is a waste of spaceamd Mohhen can at least bowl abit of spin, but only against the lesser teams.

By:
johnnythebull
When: 26 Aug 21 20:23
i've got nowt against these guys but what KEEPS happening is,esp at test level,they can't stop getting out once they're in..mega galling but you just know it's on the cards with the (very) odd exception
By:
sageform
When: 27 Aug 21 11:08
At least we have fast bowlers who can bat a bit. This match is so different to the other two that I am waiting for the next one to decide if our top three batsmen have any future. Malan has enough experience to stay but not sure about the others yet. Bairstow and Buttler at least have the excuse of too much one day cricket.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 27 Aug 21 11:18
I fear for our " Fast Bowlers " down under with a Kookaburra. Even Anderson can look ordinary and if we don't have a couple of express merchants to disrupt their batsmen at home we could be in trouble. Is Archer out for the winter? We will need both Olly Stone and Wood at times I think. Adil Rashid would be a left field pick for the tour for me too. Maybe one or two Test's only. I would ask him if he fancied it! We are looking pretty lean down under after Anderson and Robinson who I think may do well
By:
sageform
When: 27 Aug 21 11:26
If Stokes ever gets back to full effectiveness with both bat and ball it would make a big difference and Woakes is still a useful bowler. The issue is with fitness. How do other countries manage to keep them fit for a whole series?
Right, come on England.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 27 Aug 21 11:28
I would imagine Stokes fancies a beef with Aussie but I also thought he would fancy some argy bhajee with India at the top of their game so who knows. He is the X factor that gels the team. Without him we look like a pub team at times.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 27 Aug 21 11:40
Punting on India getting over 300. If they survive this session I think they could bat all day quite easily and score some runs. Quite possibly bat into day 4 and then we shall see if there is any turn in the pitch. The draw has absolutely no chance imo but The hail mary play on india is worth a shilling if you are already ahead in this game. England obviously win though.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 27 Aug 21 11:51
India price falling here. Whilst Anderson is still the maestro if they survive him runs will be on offer. It is definitely worth a speculative punt here if you can afford the loss on two early wickets. If you hold back and there is an early wicket then that would also be a good time to jump on but these two batsmen are pretty decent. They have one hour to survive then the game is theirs for at least two sessions.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 27 Aug 21 11:54
and overs boys.

I think over 300 runs is a gimme!

It is quite cold and the ball should not be swinging. That is how good Anderson is.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 27 Aug 21 12:02
India 44 down to 26 already and will be into the teens if these two make lunch.

But Anderson is on, that's why we call it gambling not risk management!

I have loaded up on over 300. I do not want to see Pujara today! If he goes early then the game is afoot and a collapso is more than possible.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 27 Aug 21 12:08
Robinson looking more than a handful and more dangerous than Anderson right now while the seam is hard.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 27 Aug 21 12:18
Wow one second to go before the review was lost.

He thought he was plumb and certainly looked a gonner!

'Death at the Controls!

Follow me boys over the top. Get on overs I say! Robinson looks like getting Rahul nearly every ball! Sometime though a bowler does everything but take a wicket. He really has got the ball seaming. Very difficult to play from that height.

Anderson is off!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 27 Aug 21 13:02
Excellent catch on the stroke of lunch to push in my bonfire. KL did the hard work and this afternoon was his. He looked dodgy all session but once he gets his eye in he scores big and India needed to put it back on England. Pujara should be occupy a little longer this innings will slow things down too much and allow England to keep the field in close.
By:
barstool
When: 27 Aug 21 15:18
Saqib Mahmood must be wondering how on earth Sam Curran got picked ahead of him in this game.

A fourth seamer should not be picked ahead of your fastest bowler.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 27 Aug 21 15:34
Adil Rashid would get tonked in Oz,carted.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 27 Aug 21 15:37
purely bowling Curran not good enough for me even though he has got the odd bit wicket
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 27 Aug 21 16:06
This cannot be a draw shirley?

150 behind at stumps with two days left?

India will still have to bat all day tomorrow. A result is more likely than a draw shirley ( I mean an India win, which, is almost impossible ).

India will have to bat into day 5 to get close to a draw.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 27 Aug 21 16:12
There's your answer I guess. Very unlucky for Rohit! A pity because the exchange was going crazy and the prices were so wrong. England win this game!
By:
barstool
When: 27 Aug 21 16:47
Anderson not bowling well this afternoon. Let several drift down the leg side and they have all been dispatched to the ropes.

Maybe starting to feel the strain a bit.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 27 Aug 21 16:53
He might be injured. Overton was quite impressive as well as Robinson. 80 mph is quick on a pitch like this or rather quick enough! Different down under.

Pujara stinking at 63....well I never!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 27 Aug 21 16:53
striking!

Extra ordinary!
By:
barstool
When: 27 Aug 21 17:08
Next Test Thursday 2/9. Anderson will struggle to make it if he has an injury.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 27 Aug 21 17:35
Dre 50 off 14
By:
peckerdunne
When: 27 Aug 21 17:37
Was carrying one last test, probably took the needle
By:
barstool
When: 27 Aug 21 18:18
India probably more happy to come off than England. He should have made face another four overs of spin. Nothing to lose.
By:
johnnythebull
When: 27 Aug 21 18:56
will England be able to now save this test,innit?
By:
The Spinmaster
When: 27 Aug 21 20:25
What price will India drift to? Anyone?
By:
The Spinmaster
When: 27 Aug 21 20:26
Opps I meant England price.
By:
roache
When: 27 Aug 21 22:34
India can still win this by batting all day tomorrow and setting England a target,we have seen far too many capitulations from Englands batting just like the appalling effort in the last test match which was shameful,even in this test match which has bucked the trend in that we posted a good total we still lost half the batting line up the last 5 wickets for 49 runs with some very soft dismissals,God help us if they get Root out cheaply in the 2nd innings, as for the Ashes i fear another pasting as there is no way we are winning that series with our batting line up.
By:
brentford
When: 27 Aug 21 22:52
It's interesting actually Roache how the relative capitulation of the 1st inns got rather glossed over...with a decent forecast and so no time issues  they should have been looking at 500+ from the position they were in .... lost 8 wickets in a day on a relative road...
By:
mafeking
When: 28 Aug 21 09:15
realistically india still cannot afford to lose a single session left in the match. they've gotta be batting an hour at least into day 5 before england will start worrying and that's a long way off with the ball available straight away and 4 wickets away from the tail

neither curran or moeen should be in this england side. neither has shown much with bat or ball in red ball cricket for a long time. effectively playing with 3 bowlers
By:
mafeking
When: 28 Aug 21 09:15
new ball
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 28 Aug 21 10:23
Whisperingdeath25 Aug 21 14:02

Strange game this cricket. England could also be 150-0 at stumps with our dodgy batsmen.
Page 3 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com