Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 149 comments are related to the topic:
3rd Test. England V India. Headingly

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 149
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 25 Aug 21 16:38
Dont want to jinx the boy but so much more positive than Sibley. Crawley in for Burns is my next move. I would like to have a look a Livingstone too.
By:
johnnythebull
When: 25 Aug 21 17:00
ref should step in and stop this..spin on to next test 1-1 and all 2 play 4
By:
peckerdunne
When: 25 Aug 21 17:30
Jeeps that was a long sweat from 28s down to 14 to get me out of jail
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 25 Aug 21 17:42
I just bailed out at 14 too. It feels like it shouldn't go lower but I'll be kicking myself if it goes down to something stupid like 6s at some stage tomorrow.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 25 Aug 21 17:48
You need to be on aceed to figure out how India can escape this. Bowl tight, wear down the pitch. England bat all day tomorrow and get close to 400. Batting day 3 will be at its best. India need to make 500 maybe 600 and bat for 2 whole days, which, is possible but then hope the pitch does not stay firm and they skittle England for under 250. I don't think it ever happens.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 25 Aug 21 17:50
Jadeja injured, Ashwin not playing. Indian brains trust trying to go toe to toe with England. Bumrah or Shami at 8 is really shocking
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 25 Aug 21 17:57
I feel so old - caught a glimpse of Neighbours and that dippy character Melanie Mangel is in as a returning character of yore and she just looks like a puffy-faced old lady.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanie_Pearson
By:
brentford
When: 25 Aug 21 17:58
Jane was a bit of a disappointment on her return....Stefan Dennis ageing better than the ladies...
By:
Fo'B
When: 25 Aug 21 18:00
Plain Jane SuperBrain? :)
By:
brentford
When: 25 Aug 21 18:02
that be her Fo'B   ...sadly it no longer takes any disguising Sad
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 25 Aug 21 18:08
Natalie Imbruglia!

Raise, call and cash my chips!
By:
brentford
When: 25 Aug 21 18:09
yep, tough to argue against that in her prime, WD
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 25 Aug 21 18:11
Well done Hammed and well done me....not an I told you so in sight!

I think the boy has what it takes to be a Test Cricketer. Being around test players and the coaching staff will only help.
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 25 Aug 21 18:16
Maybe the women only come back when their looks go and their other offers dry up.
We'll be waiting a long time for the lies of Kylie, Natalie Imbruglia and Holly Valance to return, methinx.
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 25 Aug 21 18:27

Aug 25, 2021 -- 11:48AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

You need to be on aceed to figure out how India can escape this. Bowl tight, wear down the pitch. England bat all day tomorrow and get close to 400. Batting day 3 will be at its best. India need to make 500 maybe 600 and bat for 2 whole days, which, is possible but then hope the pitch does not stay firm and they skittle England for under 250. I don't think it ever happens.

Considering how India could possibly do it makes England's own victory at Headingly in 2019 after a first innings score of 67 seem all the more remarkable.

By:
Fo'B
When: 25 Aug 21 18:29
Yes been trying to convince myself that lightning can strike twice in the same place two years later. Just can't see India storming back with wickets tomorrow after being so poor today
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 25 Aug 21 18:40
I think it is more about time. Keep England batting all day for less than an additional 250 runs but I am not sure India will be able to bat all day 3 and 4. It will need most of their batsmen to get in properly.

If the ball does nothing as it did for India today then it is the remotest of possibilities but there may well be cloud cover although tbf the England ball swung in the sun. England bowlers are great when there is action with the Dukes. If the pitch firms up they can all look a little military medium even at this level.
By:
barstool
When: 25 Aug 21 20:12
A really enjoyable days cricket. Nothing better than a good test match. Whether it turns out to be an exiting one is doubtful, but 4 or 5 wickets in the Morning will give the Indians some hope. After all, they can't bowl much worse.

Yes, well done Haseeb, a bit of luck on 46, but he deserves some. Hope he can muster another 40 tomorrow.

Sibley's departure seems to have released the shackles off Burns. Much more like it today.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 26 Aug 21 06:01
Whisperingdeath 25 Aug 21 14:02

Strange game this cricket. England could also be 150-0 at stumps with our dodgy batsmen.

‘Death at the controlsCool!
By:
sageform
When: 26 Aug 21 12:30
Not quite 150/0 but they made 150/1. Very slow going but at least they don't look like rabbits in the headlights.
By:
sageform
When: 26 Aug 21 12:41
Will they get 250?
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 26 Aug 21 12:43
Hameed has secured a trip to Aus this winter and also looks like he has got a ticket for Burns. The LH / RH hand worked well. The boys took plenty of singles, which, I think is really important. I still think Burns has issues but he has grit. I still want to see crawly up at the top in Aus as I think the pitches and fast bowling suit his style and we would be able to counter attack the Aussies.

I really think India missed a trick by leaving out Ashwin.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 26 Aug 21 12:46
India still believe it or not are in this game. Tomorrow I expect the pitch still to be good enough to bat on. I am not sure India will be good enough to set England 250 but if England were batting on the last day I think 250 might be more than enough to defend. Not sure this game is going into day 5 either. Depends what ball Anderson picks out of the box!
By:
barstool
When: 26 Aug 21 12:49
Hameed never came out of his shell this morning. Perhaps orders to get to lunch. Anyway, as far as the openers are concerned, it is job done. I can see a good afternoon for England with the loss of just two wickets in the morning session.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 26 Aug 21 12:53
I think it might be a difficult day for everybody except Root and maybe Bstard on their home pitch. Plenty of cloud but too cool for swing and they haven't got a swinging ball in any case!Quite tense but England extending their position and India trying top keep it within reach
By:
sageform
When: 26 Aug 21 15:00
Top 4 batters over 50! Unheard of. A lead of 400 would surely demoralise India.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 26 Aug 21 15:02
The Indian first innings not withstanding but England look a different team after a solid opening partnership. Not entirely sure about Malan yet but he is certainly an improvement and deserves his second chance.

I remember the yorker he got from Rabadadoo at I think the Oval that left him castled and flat on his face.

The whole batting line up just looks more solid and long atm.

What a difference a day makes......yesterday!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 26 Aug 21 15:03
India look broken. I expect them to be rolled over in the second innings quite frankly. Their bowling is inept in this match and Kohli is doing nothing to protect the flow of runs.
By:
barstool
When: 26 Aug 21 15:43
England are sailing away in this now and probably winning the next in doing so.

This lead may well be 350 plus at the close.

Bat 'till tea tomorrow and India will be exhausted.
By:
johnnythebull
When: 26 Aug 21 16:08
Plastergate..Bundini Brown,Cassius Clay(as was) vs Our 'Enry
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 26 Aug 21 16:14
Another catastrophic consequence of not playing Ashwin is we do not hear much cackle from Panty Boi and come on Ash.

I never tire of hearing Pant laugh
By:
mafeking
When: 26 Aug 21 16:25
india could have been 2 up but so far have depended heavily on the top 3 for runs. as iffy as england's batting has been india's is not much more reliable. gonna need some contributions from 4, 5 and 6 if they're gonna win this series
By:
brentford
When: 26 Aug 21 16:41
yep, Kohli and Rahane especially in need of runs...Rahane in danger of being dropped I'd have thought..

meanwhile Rooty the run machine just keeps going
By:
mafeking
When: 26 Aug 21 16:48
main difference has been india's 2nd string bowling has kept the pressure on much better than england's change bowlers. beyond anderson and robinson england hadn't offered much before this match anyway
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Aug 21 17:03
We will see if Joe has learnt from previous Decs tomorrow morning
By:
barstool
When: 26 Aug 21 17:17
Bairstow and Butler both miss out.

Root needs Ali or Curran to bat with him 'till close.
By:
sageform
When: 26 Aug 21 17:21
All four England fast bowlers took wickets and kept the pressure on but no doubt it was Jimmy and Robinson who made the early breakthrough.
By:
jmdc
When: 26 Aug 21 17:29
Buttler needs another three month holiday, he’s looking jaded!
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Aug 21 17:42
Probably the best test batsman in the world currently
By:
jmdc
When: 26 Aug 21 17:45
^ No doubt about that.
Page 2 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page