Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
peckerdunne
12 Aug 21 09:51
| Topic/replies: 2,811 | Blogger: peckerdunne's blog
Toss about to take place
Pause Switch to Standard View 2nd Test England V India Lord's
Show More
Report johnnythebull August 16, 2021 4:26 PM BST
butter fingers Kohli costing India this match lol..he'll have to drop himself nowGrin
Report brentford August 16, 2021 4:26 PM BST
you wouldn't ask Kohli to bring your drinks over...
Report DeSSieReborn August 16, 2021 4:33 PM BST
If we throw this awful team out against the aussies they'll beat us by an innings every test.
Report Guernsey Sunbed August 16, 2021 4:35 PM BST
am i right in saying that from 5pm we only play 15 overs?
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 4:37 PM BST
31 overs minimum but you can bowl extra in the last hour
Report DeSSieReborn August 16, 2021 4:37 PM BST
Joe Root should be demanding bad light at the first opportunity the way Kohli did. Looking very murky already. And I hope Root is also leading the rain dance in the pavilion........
Report VardonVoo. August 16, 2021 4:40 PM BST

Aug 16, 2021 -- 10:33AM, DeSSieReborn wrote:

If we throw this awful team out against the aussies they'll beat us by an innings every test.

I'm getting an Anger_Therapy deja-vu moment.

Report brentford August 16, 2021 4:42 PM BST
lol the thread that wouldn't die VV ...there'd be some blasts from the past on that
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 4:42 PM BST
Maybe he thinks this is a football thread
Report VardonVoo. August 16, 2021 4:48 PM BST

Aug 16, 2021 -- 10:42AM, brentford wrote:

lol the thread that wouldn't die VV ...there'd be some blasts from the past on that

The last post on that one was as recent as 2019!

Report peckerdunne August 16, 2021 4:55 PM BST
Can't see nothing, get em off
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 5:02 PM BST
That drop by Kohli was very disappointing. they have lost the momentum. Save Jadeja for thr last hour. Give him one over to see if the wickets is offering him anything
Report DeSSieReborn August 16, 2021 5:03 PM BST
The good thing about Jadeja coming on is hopefully the overs will disappear quicker Mischief
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 5:13 PM BST
Depends where you money is!
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 5:17 PM BST
C'MON!
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 5:18 PM BST
Second King Pair!
Report LendUsAFiver August 16, 2021 5:19 PM BST
GET IN!! GSM NOW
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 5:19 PM BST
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

King Pair!
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 5:20 PM BST
If I were a rich man

eider eider eider eider um
Report johnnythebull August 16, 2021 5:20 PM BST
absolutely pathetic from hapless England..good job their record's better at home than abroad!
Report geordie1956 August 16, 2021 5:20 PM BST
england are utter gash
Report sageform August 16, 2021 5:22 PM BST
shambolic again. Robinson will see it through though.
Report elisjohn August 16, 2021 5:22 PM BST
not to worry, root will be on to tell us, ," we,ll  theyll learn from this" ,again
Report onthejim August 16, 2021 5:23 PM BST
I read you said you liked Sam Curran in a previous post W Death, I never came back to you then but I’d like to ask if you’ve changed your mind about him yet??
Report LendUsAFiver August 16, 2021 5:24 PM BST
death stare
Report peckerdunne August 16, 2021 5:24 PM BST
Brilliant stuff
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 5:25 PM BST
Wow!

I remember India from I think 1970 maybe 1971. Don't nobody back then walked into someone's face specially if they were six foot six!
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 5:27 PM BST
No not at all jim,

Good whole hearted cricketer. A little short for a fast bowler but a good little cricketer. I would encourage him to bat 3 for Surrey. We don't need a second change bowler. He can bat. Anyone can get out not moving their feet first ball. Just is. Anyone who has played cricket knows that. I like him but fitting him into the team is difficult now we have discovered some tall fast bowlers.
Report onthejim August 16, 2021 5:29 PM BST
We’ll have to agree to differ then WD, he’s not for me as a test bowler or a batsman, but I’ve been wrong before!
Report LendUsAFiver August 16, 2021 5:30 PM BST
Sam looks very angry when bowling which is weird because he looks about 12 years old
Report sageform August 16, 2021 5:36 PM BST
Ignore the stare or laugh at their funny face painting.
Report LendUsAFiver August 16, 2021 5:40 PM BST
will they shake hands with 5 overs left? Crazy
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 5:42 PM BST
Well he has done it at Test level with the bat and the ball Jim and changed Test Matches so I disagree with you on that but certainly not in my England Xl at the moment but I have no hesitation in calling him in as back up. Very good in white ball.
Report rob999 August 16, 2021 5:42 PM BST
A major problem for Curran is Root's unwillingness to bowl him. He is an afterthought and was again today when he came on to bowl after an hour.

As long as that continues he isn't worth his spot in an eleven.

Surrey won't bat him at three as they have better options. He's only a mid to high 20 bat and I really don't see that improving.
Report barstool August 16, 2021 5:46 PM BST
Was in Barbados when they dropped Broad to open with Curran. Looked to have no more pace than a league bowler. Practicing in the nets behind the stand were Wood and Woaks. What a joke that side was. Shannon Gabrial bowled with some venom, had Root hopping about. Look like men against boys. Curran might get in England where conditions help in but I would never take him to Australia.

So not for me a Test player either.
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 5:47 PM BST
I think he swings it more than anyone including Anderson but half this teams problem is Root doesn't fancy them and he is a sheite Captain. I can't disagree with your assessment really but do think he could score runs with application.
Report LendUsAFiver August 16, 2021 5:51 PM BST
was there some kind of racial slur or something? India won't let that argument go
Report sageform August 16, 2021 5:54 PM BST
The strike bowlers have done OK on the whole but the clear problem is batting. Only 3 are worthy of a test place. Root, Bairstow and Buttler on a good day. That leaves 4 places for new blood but where are they? Today was the first time in history that an opening pair both got a duck and then Curran joined them. We are missing Stokes and Archer but who else is waiting to get the call? Broad would only get in by dropping Robinson or Wood so would that improve the team?
Report rob999 August 16, 2021 5:56 PM BST
I guess its like a lot a bunch of our bowlers in that his bowling stats would be much better if he got the new ball. I'd argue that Woakes' numbers could be better that Anderson / Broads if he had the new ball every game.

But if its already decided in advance that he isn't getting the new ball then you should factor that into your selection.
Report brentford August 16, 2021 5:57 PM BST
Woakes I'd imagine comes back in when fully fit at 7..as others have said Malan not the worst shout and Vince not so unlikely as he always looks the part till gets out..
Report brentford August 16, 2021 5:58 PM BST
@8 if Mo plays
Report rob999 August 16, 2021 6:00 PM BST
Looking the part should be more than a good enough qualification to get into this England top order...
Report brentford August 16, 2021 6:00 PM BST
quite rob...it would be a start Grin
Report brentford August 16, 2021 6:07 PM BST
Ollie Pope I guess comes back when fit as well though his career path is stalling a bit...another that often looks good before failing to convert
Report barstool August 16, 2021 6:07 PM BST
Maybe Jennings might get another call. Always thought Adam Lyth should have had a few more Tests but maybe his age against him now. Would prefer either to Sibley or Hameed tbh.
Report rob999 August 16, 2021 6:09 PM BST
If he can survive and see this out to a draw I do hope that Jos celebrates in the middle like an absolute boss
Report barstool August 16, 2021 6:16 PM BST
Bumrah might benefit from a longer run up instead of that piddling approach.
Report Puzzman August 16, 2021 6:17 PM BST
India wasting a bit of time here?
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 6:17 PM BST
Archer, Stone, Robinson, Wood, Anderson.

Curran way down that list.

Batting

Hameed
Crawley
Malan / Vince
Root
Bstard / Pope
Stokes?
Foakes
Moen

plus 3 or four fast bowlers for the Ashes for me
Report elisjohn August 16, 2021 6:19 PM BST
and too think that 9th wkt partnership of india this morning might have cost them victory, funny game
Report rob999 August 16, 2021 6:22 PM BST
I like that your joining date was Christmas Day Whisperingdeath.

Must have been one tough game of charades with the in laws.
Report sageform August 16, 2021 6:24 PM BST
Why would Robinson try to hit a ball at head height?
Report brentford August 16, 2021 6:26 PM BST
some delivery that
Report Puzzman August 16, 2021 6:26 PM BST
that looks plump..
Report sageform August 16, 2021 6:27 PM BST
Tight again now. Wood and jimmy to stay with Jos.
Report VardonVoo. August 16, 2021 6:28 PM BST
"A man fixing a pipe couldn't be plumber than that."
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 6:30 PM BST
I like that your joining date was Christmas Day Whisperingdeath.

Must have been one tough game of charades with the in laws.

Laugh

I F ing hate Christmas and family Christmas's are even worse! I suspect 2011 was an Ashes year?
Report Cardinal Scott August 16, 2021 6:30 PM BST
Whispers will just not let go of Foakes

Record amount matched on a test match VV?
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 6:31 PM BST
Gawn!
Report geordie1956 August 16, 2021 6:32 PM BST
inquest to begin shortly
Report Esox August 16, 2021 6:32 PM BST
Poor Jimmy, don't envy him.
Report DeSSieReborn August 16, 2021 6:32 PM BST
******* attrocious
Report brentford August 16, 2021 6:32 PM BST
more nose bleeds for the short price lumpers...
Report geordie1956 August 16, 2021 6:32 PM BST
inquest to begin shortly
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 6:33 PM BST
If India win this they have cost me 2 large backing the draw but I cannot complain! I got good coverage on all three results! Largest on India!
Report Puzzman August 16, 2021 6:34 PM BST
So should Buttler have reviewed to buy time...
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 6:35 PM BST
I love this Siraj!
Report LendUsAFiver August 16, 2021 6:35 PM BST
phew, gg...England need to flush all sh*t out
Report brentford August 16, 2021 6:36 PM BST
poor from Eng but that is some effort from India...
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 6:36 PM BST
I even forgot the bets I had on Bet365!
Report brentford August 16, 2021 6:39 PM BST
best seam attack in world cricket for me currently
Report johnnythebull August 16, 2021 6:39 PM BST
thought Kohli left it too late to declare
basically he could've declared at tea and still won
so absolutely pathetically capitulative are England batting under pressure and even when not under pressure
truly embarassing albeit India were on it and bowled well
not entirely unpredictable either
Report DeSSieReborn August 16, 2021 6:40 PM BST
England are in crisis. Theres only one man, Joe Root fit to show his face on the pitch in the next text. Ring the changes skipper!!!
Report barstool August 16, 2021 6:40 PM BST
England very poor. They lost it today. In more ways than one.
Report roache August 16, 2021 6:41 PM BST
Shami 50 not out this morning yet our gutless lot can't even bat the remainder of the day out,shockingly bad and lucky we are not 2-0 down
Report johnnythebull August 16, 2021 6:43 PM BST
great test match when it looked for all money that India had not only batted England out of the game but themselves as well
as Big Mac used to say..'they knew'
Report Angoose August 16, 2021 6:45 PM BST
Australia traded at 1.17 for the first Ashes test Laugh
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 6:47 PM BST
Great declaration I think. he did have to make it safe. After lunch disturbs the openers a little and they both got out. India were fantastic today tbf. a lot of us were staring into the abyss after Pant and Sharma got out.

Great cricket, great entertainment. Can't get upset when I win money. The opening pair both have to go, sorry they are both good lads with ability and mental toughness but both currently not good enough.

We need a 3, either Malan or Vince.

Rotation is a joke. Big guys are not fit. Not sure what the bowling permutations are.

Indian bowling was magnificent. India batsmen namely Pujara and Rahane did it when it counted. When they both got out India were losing but there contribution was pivotal. I personally don't care about scoring rates.
Report Esox August 16, 2021 6:48 PM BST
GBP £114,371,280 traded, got to be good for Betfair.
Good for punters, if you manage to be on the right side of trades.
Must be really bad for some folks.
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 6:48 PM BST
England very poor. They lost it today. In more ways than one.

Bowling short and trying to hurt a batsman is stupid. It is a limited option with a design to take a wicket not gain revenge.
Report oddduck August 16, 2021 6:49 PM BST
classic england bottle job, feels like the 90s all over again!
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 6:51 PM BST
There has to be an inquest here
Report sageform August 16, 2021 6:52 PM BST
Man of the match should go to the head groundsman for producing a good pitch that lasted 5 days.
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 6:53 PM BST
Christ almighty. England were heavy odds on even today. I layed England yesterday at 1.88 large! Didn't look so great for a long time!

I think the sides are closely matched at times but India stronger in all departments.
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 6:54 PM BST
Man of the match should go to the head groundsman for producing a good pitch that lasted 5 days.

and the weather God!

Yes Notts had 10mm of grass, far too much.
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 6:59 PM BST
India first innings so far back it is hard to remember how important that first innings was under extremely testing conditions. I do understand why mom was given to KL
Report keano712 August 16, 2021 7:11 PM BST
This one is awesome Kev Bowen

Root: 1,244 Test runs in 2021. Second most for Eng: Burns, 363.

The 881-run margin between a team's 1st & 2nd highest scorers in a calendar year is, currently, the joint most in Test history - alongside Viv Richards in 1976 (1,710 runs, 881 more than Roy Fredericks).
Report Angoose August 16, 2021 7:37 PM BST
Joe Root on TMS: "It was a disappointing day. At the start of the day we were very much in control of things and to get Rishabh early, as we did, was exceptional. In the first hour of play we were brilliant again and I thought we were in a very strong position to go on and win the Test match.

"Tactically I got a few things wrong, and a lot falls on my shoulders in that respect. The game could have looked very different at lunch time if I had managed things slightly different and I will learn from that experience and make sure that in similar scenarios I deal with it better.

"Sometimes it can be quite difficult because they score in quite unusual areas. You are trying to manage the game and holding the rate with finding ways of taking wickets. I probably got that slightly wrong."
Report Angoose August 16, 2021 7:45 PM BST
Got to feel sorry for Root though, scores 173 runs at Trent Bridge, followed by 213 at Lords, and comes away with a draw an a humbling defeat.
Report onthejim August 16, 2021 8:11 PM BST
Finding two openers is a nightmare with Ashes round the corner, think Vince is a runner for 3, Foakes would be wicket keeper full stop, Leach been badly treated, apart from his bowling if he had been batting late on today he would have doggedly  hung around. We need a Pujara from somewhere to just stay at the crease.
Report Whisperingdeath August 16, 2021 9:18 PM BST
Don5 fell sorr6 for Root at all. Great and I mean great player. Might well get into my all time England 3rd Xl but his Captaincy is really poor. Shows how much we needs Stokes.
Report TENDY August 17, 2021 12:00 AM BST

Aug 16, 2021 -- 12:19PM, elisjohn wrote:

and too think that 9th wkt partnership of india this morning might have cost them victory, funny game

If you are implying that Ind didn’t need those extra runs in the end...then that’s not exactly true. Life, sports don’t work like that.

The whole scenario could have been different
In terms of approach, caution, strategy, attacking plans etc

Report elisjohn August 17, 2021 4:35 AM BST
tendy, i should have added a smile to my post, of course i agree with what youre saying,
Report DeSSieReborn August 17, 2021 11:18 AM BST
English Test Cricket is at crisis point. Morale has to be rock bottom at present, and limited over games and now the 100 are probably the root cause (pardon the pun). But the public seem to want the limited over game. Watching the Indian tail enders smash our bowlers to smithereens was bad enough, but then to watch our batsmen capitulate.........its like taking candy from babies and we would probably lose to a taliban best XI right now, let alone Afghanistan.
Report mafeking August 17, 2021 1:41 PM BST
new zealand and india clearly head and shoulders above anyone else in test cricket at the moment. they know how to win the big moments which have england have completely forgotten how to. beating even an average australia side away from home with mostly a 2nd string side was a phenomenal effort and they did it twice chasing down big totals on day 5 i seem to remember

his personal form aside root and silverwood don't seem to have a clue what they're doing in running the team. rotation, selection and tactics all a complete shambles. sure we ain't exactly got riches in the batting department but should be doing better than this. recalling moeen was a joke - he hasn't played a red ball game for nearly 2 years. jack leach should be playing every single game. you don't weaken one part of the side to try and fix another
Report mafeking August 17, 2021 1:49 PM BST
just to add you cannot have a top 3 who are all completely shotless. get in malan or vince or whoever someone who will take the initiative to the bowlers. even if we make a reasonable start it's always at a snail's pace and the bowlers always retain control
Report DeSSieReborn August 17, 2021 3:01 PM BST
Incidentally, did anyone notice Bumrah put the ball under his shirt and push it up near his underarm? He had an undershirt on and the ways they get the ball to move it made me wonder a bit......
Report peckerdunne August 17, 2021 3:11 PM BST
You badly need a keeper England.

If Butler doesn't open, what's the point.

Best bowlers all in red zone or worse.

Too much weight on Root, surely some tactical nouse in squad.

He should bat at three really.

And that's just the basics.

I don't like the top 3, none of them.

Really need to keep
No in squad too.
Report peckerdunne August 18, 2021 4:28 PM BST
Well that's 2 of the three dropped.
Report Angoose August 18, 2021 7:25 PM BST
Yorkshire batsman Dawid Malan has been recalled to the England squad for the third Test against India, with Dom Sibley and Zak Crawley both dropped from the 15-man squad.

Malan, 33, played the last of his 15 Tests in August 2018.

Seamer Saqib Mahmood is included, while spinner Jack Leach misses out but will be on standby as back-up to Moeen Ali.

England fell to a 151-run defeat in the second Test, having drawn the first match in the five-Test series.

The third Test will begin at Headingley in Leeds on Wednesday, 25 August.

Malan has scored 724 runs in Tests at an average of 27.84, including one century and six half-centuries.

"Dawid Malan deserves his opportunity in the Test arena," said England head coach Chris Silverwood.

"He has a lot of experience across all formats and, if called upon, I am confident that he can come and do well on his home ground."

Sibley - who averages 28.94 in 22 Tests - has struggled against India this summer, scoring just 57 runs in four innings.

"Dom Sibley needs some time away to regain his confidence after a challenging period," Silverwood said.

"He will return to Warwickshire to spend time in the middle without the scrutiny and find some rhythm and confidence.

"Dom offers a lot of value to the Test environment and some time away should help him. However, he remains part of our plans."

Kent batsman Crawley has 15 Test caps and scored 267 against Pakistan in August 2020, but lost his place in the team after the first Test against India and will also now head back to his county.

"Zak is still a massive part of our plans moving forward, but we feel he would benefit from time outside the pressure of international competition to get some time working on his skill," Silverwood added.

"He has a bright future and I do not doubt that his time will come again in the Test arena."

England are also hopeful that Mark Wood will be recover from a shoulder injury sustained in the second Test, while Lancashire's Mahmood could be in line for a Test debut.

"He is confident, highly-skilled and will not be overawed if he is to make his Test debut. His temperament and attitude are suited to the international arena," Silverwood said of Mahmood.

England squad: Joe Root (capt), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Jonathan Bairstow, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler (wk), Sam Curran, Haseeb Hameed, Dan Lawrence, Saqib Mahmood, Dawid Malan, Craig Overton, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com