Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
peckerdunne
12 Aug 21 10:51
| Topic/replies: 39,563 | Blogger: peckerdunne's blog
Toss about to take place

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 21  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 21 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 819
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 10:51
England elect to bowl
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 10:53
Mo3eeeennn in

Hameed in

Wood in
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 10:56
Woodie probably gets tired and call over

Jimmy must on the verge too
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 10:56
Fall over
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Aug 21 10:58
Money on the Engerland until lunch then may switch to India. If India can get to lunch with less than 3 wickets down then they will have done well.
By:
Angoose
When: 12 Aug 21 10:59
Three changes for England with Moeen Ali, Haseeb Hameed and Mark Wood the players to come into England's XI for Dan Lawrence, Zak Crawley and Stuart Broad.

England captain Joe Root: "There is a tinge of green to the wicket but it is more the overhead conditions. It gives us a great opportunity to take wickets this morning and put pressure on that way.

"I do think the pitch will turn at some stage, but I do think Moeen gives us great balance. He is playing some wonderful cricket, he is full of confidence and is a very experienced campaigner and he offers runs and wickets. I'm very much looking forward to seeing him playing again.

"I just want Haseeb [Hameed] and the rest of the boys to go out and enjoy themselves this week. It is a great opportunity to play at Lord's."
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Aug 21 10:59
I shan’t bowls well at Lords but I would have played Ashwin over either Shami or probably Siraj
By:
Angoose
When: 12 Aug 21 11:00
India captain Virat Kohli: "We would have bowled first but it's not a bad day to be batting first. It's an opportunity to put a decent total on the board.

"Everyone else wants to contribute. It's about getting into the game as soon as possible as batsmen. We just need to get the job done."

On the omission of off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin again: "Having seen the pitch and the balance of our bowling unit, this makes the most sense for us as a team."

On playing at Lord's: "It's amazing, especially with crowds back in. It's a beautuful ground. It's a privilege and an honour to be here."
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Aug 21 11:01
If England pick th3 only ball that does not swing they could be in trouble later on in this match. England will have to make a decent scor3 an£ take a lead into the second inn8ngs
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 11:04
Can see only one result here

Just a matter of when to lump India

Probably about 12.15 today lol
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Aug 21 11:06
That cloud might blow over quickly
By:
sageform
When: 12 Aug 21 11:23
Despite his revival in white ball, I just don't rate Moheen Ali. He has batted in every position from 1-8 and his bowling is erratic. The rain could go on until 2pm and the other days could be overcast so it should help bowlers. The whole match could hinge on the first 3 hours of the India innings. If England can use the conditions and get 4 cheap wickets they have a big chance but if they don't, India will win.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 11:25
Lights on u serious
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Aug 21 11:27
Extended session will help England
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 11:36
Not huge carry
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 11:38
Bumble looks like he's about to get his Trumpet out in rain break
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Aug 21 11:38
Sentry reports back

Weather coming from the South West, Sah

‘Course I’m F img serious. Sun is out but cloud coming back
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 11:40
Absolutely feck all here for quicks
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Aug 21 11:42
More seam than late swing for me
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 11:45
A bend your back deck......Ishant
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Aug 21 11:48
Certainly not much zip in the pitch. When the sun comes out England attack is going to look impotent

I think Curran should bowl asap
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 11:49
Jimmy hitting seam after first over, speaks volumes, really think they have big problems now
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 11:49
Bumble Van Morrison
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Aug 21 11:55
Robinson having trouble with the slope. Can’t find his line but that was indeed a Jaffa
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Aug 21 11:56
I am not sure about the wobble seam or scramble seam on this soft wicket. I think India will bowl seam up and make the ball talk
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 11:59
Over 350
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Aug 21 12:02
Too early t9 call pecker. London is humid especially after tea. Run line is already up to 292. I am really not sure yet.
By:
elisjohn
When: 12 Aug 21 12:05
1st test windies v pakistan starting 4.00 today as well
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Aug 21 12:09
I cannot believe KL Rahul is not regarded as India’s best opener. His game is made for a Test Cricket and nearly got ruined by people who demanded he play it like a white ball game.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Aug 21 12:10
I might be inclined to bat Rohit at 3 or 5 depending on the form of Rahane and Pujara. Shubman Gill has a lot to offer and a good foil for a technically superior Rahul.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Aug 21 12:17
Better end for Anderson. If he gets on3 to hold against the slope
By:
sageform
When: 12 Aug 21 12:29
How many of the "faces" in the crowd are there on a freebie? Do all ex test players get in automatically? At last a chance given in the 15th over.
By:
elisjohn
When: 12 Aug 21 12:30
isha and ramps on tms, can it get worseCry
By:
elisjohn
When: 12 Aug 21 12:32
oh yes it can, alison coming in nowCryCry
By:
brentford
When: 12 Aug 21 12:32
I think quite often the ex-players are on corporate paid jollies though probably rather less currently , probably the likes of Rishi get invited by someone wealthy who wants to bend his ear about something or glean some insight on policy thinking I'd imagine
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 12:33
Nice over

I'm all over India from 2.44 down
By:
brentford
When: 12 Aug 21 12:34
you not a fan ej, I rate all three of those...certainly better than Blowers or Boycs (in his later years)
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Aug 21 12:34
Win the toss think about bowling, look up think about bowling, look at the tinge of green and think more about bowling then bat!

How hard is it to Captain a Test team? Very if you are not in charge of it. No doubt Anderson wanted to bowl.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 12:36
If it was New Zealand Rishi would not be there
Page 1 of 21  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 21 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo