Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bilbobaggins
02 Aug 21 17:28
| Topic/replies: 10,931 | Blogger: bilbobaggins's blog
I'm sure the ladies enjoy it but the standard of cricket is embarrassing. Apart from a few who can be quite good most couldn't get in the local colts team and would struggle with pace of the bowlers even in that environment. Most can't even clear the in field when trying to hit a big shot. Baffles me why so many are turning up to watch.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 23
By:
The Dragon
When: 03 Aug 21 17:37
yes but lets hope it gets better over the years ,this is maybe just the tart
By:
The Dragon
When: 06 Aug 21 13:27
startLaugh
By:
DeSSieReborn
When: 10 Aug 21 11:05
Its a hotchpotch of good and bad......some spectacular fielding by welsh fire ladies last night, and some marvellous catches, not least the one by Brunt off her own bowling in her last game.  The running between the wickets and bowling (particularly from Manchester Originals) leaves a lot to be desired. And the number of very wide balls that are chased unproductively on the offside is alarming, when a leave gets a run on the board and an extra ball to hit. Without being too critical, an extra five to ten runs for wides plus the extra 5 to ten balls which COULD produce several fours, could be the difference between winning and losing. Don't the coaches drum this into players??
By:
flukes
When: 10 Aug 21 20:01
How many would pay to watch it if it was a standalone product?
By:
inner city sumo
When: 11 Aug 21 10:11
More than the last iteration of the women's league I expect, but not as many as at the moment with the doubleheader format. But then you could also say if the men's was a standalone how many would they get, and the answer would again be less.
By:
flukes
When: 11 Aug 21 20:44
The whole competition is a total crock. With County Championship cricket being marginalised and fitted in to the beginning and end of the season so that circus cricket can take priority, England's test side is likely to become increasingly mediocre. The current top 3 in the batting order are nowhere near test class and with Anderson and Broad nearing the end of their great careers, the bowling is starting to look thin. The ECB couldn't run a bath but as long as the Woke Circus aka The Hundred continues then everything in the garden will appear to look rosy. The fact that it is now the jewel in the crown of BBC sports coverage tells us all we need to know.
By:
inner city sumo
When: 12 Aug 21 11:05
The Championship gets moved because it's the least popular format in terms of getting people in the ground and watching on tv. 

Historically the Championship was the centre of the domestic calendar, but historically England were consistently atrocious. The tendency for England to be atrocious does not appear to be associated with timing of the Championship.
By:
flukes
When: 12 Aug 21 11:34
So if you are called up to the test side how do you get round no 4 day practice for weeks because the ECB have been backing Billy Smarts?
By:
inner city sumo
When: 12 Aug 21 11:38
There's not much you can do about it, in the same way that if you get called out mid series to Sri Lanka in February having not played any 4 day games since September.
By:
flukes
When: 12 Aug 21 11:50
You could scrap the circus and defund the BBC, problem solved.
By:
inner city sumo
When: 12 Aug 21 11:58
Or you could come to terms with the fact that the sport is for everyone, not just Daily Mail reading retirees.
By:
flukes
When: 12 Aug 21 12:04
Yawn
By:
inner city sumo
When: 12 Aug 21 12:17
Yawn all you want. If you're that bothered about the Test team you should be welcoming as many people from wherever into cricket, and through whatever pathway. It's not 40 years ago, there are many more things for people to take an interest in and spend their time and money on. If cricket doesn't put the effort in to engage and enthuse cricket will suffer.
By:
flukes
When: 12 Aug 21 12:25
You are missing the point; Australia, New Zealand and India would never tolerate a situation where their own players were denied 1st class cricket for 2 months during a home test series. This is a view shared by many professionals here but not one that you will ever hear aired on the BBC or even Sky for that matter. Hope you enjoy The Hundred, it was designed for mugs like you.
By:
inner city sumo
When: 12 Aug 21 12:59
India weren't playing domestic 4 day when England toured this February I don't think? 50 over trophy wasn't it?
By:
inner city sumo
When: 12 Aug 21 13:21
Sheffield Shield Championship equivalent in Australia stopped on November 11th 2020, resumed February 17th 2021.

Australia v India Test Series started Dec 17th 2020, the final test took place January 15th 2021, which would mean replacements would have been without Championship type cricket for more than 2 months. The 20 over Big Bash league was going on while that Test series was being played it seems. Maybe I've got the dates wrong though.
By:
brentford
When: 12 Aug 21 13:46
I suppose the fact that Australia suffered a very rare home loss to India might suggest that it's not a great idea to have that schedule though I suspect the test squad were pulled out a period in advance ?

more realistically though I don't think we're going to be a be to get a perfect structure and as other's have said in the media it's been significantly further complicated by covid.

I would say I think it's extremely unfair on players to prep for a test series of this quality by playing the hundred a week before (as happened with some or) less in Moeen's case though that was a self inflicted wound by England management to be fair as he wasn't in the original squad.
By:
inner city sumo
When: 12 Aug 21 14:25
It was India who were constantly burning through replacements on that tour of Australia, and I don't think those Indian players had as recent competitive 4 day games in their locker as the Australians either judging by the fixture calendar.

It looks as if every country is having a casserole of events going on, so to some extent it evens itself out. Probably needs to be plotted out on a world basis rather than an internal domestic basis.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 12 Aug 21 20:13
Will it be 200
By:
isleham
When: 13 Aug 21 07:43
It's all well and good de-bunking the 100 but something got to keep the Counties solvent and after the last 18 months most of them must be desperately short of funds.
It may not suit many older cricket supporters but it looks like it is at least introducing many youngsters to the game
By:
jmdc
When: 13 Aug 21 15:44
I wish KP and Kate Cross would stop talking over the action, it’s just not on!
By:
peckerdunne
When: 13 Aug 21 19:28
Wow my bat was just around my waist when that ball smashed me into next week
By:
MichaelKnight
When: 22 Aug 21 21:33
Has there ever been a **** looking trophy than the one for The Hundred?
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com