Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
31 Jul 21 06:48
| Topic/replies: 17,201 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
the draw around 2.5, the weather does say light showers most days , but thats very short and has to be a lay at the price .

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 239
By:
The Dragon
When: 31 Jul 21 12:50
Stokes is out and replaced by Overton
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 31 Jul 21 13:52
I would agree with you elis. If there is cloud the ball will swing. Both sides have great swingers and batsmen may struggle this series unless they prepare a road.
By:
Esox
When: 04 Aug 21 09:55
Sounded like a good idea, I laid the draw at 2.5 but just backed it to rescue most of my stake.
The rain forecast for Friday looks like it will be a problem.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 10:44
Yeah this Test looks like a mess. Probably best to stay out but we are itching!

Engerland lay?

India lay?

Draw lay?

Not really worth the risk. If the rain does not come the ball should swing like a mother'
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 10:46
Sorry not to see Ashwin playing but Thakur and Siraj are big calls for Trent Bridge and India should have played at least Siraj at Southampton!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 10:46
I'm out!
By:
Aptdemon
When: 04 Aug 21 10:50
Draw lay it is, not too meaty though. Who knows if lack of spin jeopardises things in the second half.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 11:00
Not really,

I think there will be cloud cover. They say if it seams it spins but with the cloud you just don't really need the spinner although I always like to see one. The Milky Bar Kid can always bowl!

I might lay The Englerland for sport. 30-3 incoming! Hint of cloud?
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 11:04
I really do not like the England top 3. I want another look at Habeeb. I want to give Malan another go at 3 ( particularly after the yorker that felled him from Kagiso! ). I think Sibley bats too slow and causes problems by taking the pressure off the bowlers. I would like to see Crawley in Aus but it doesn't all add up. Glad Johnny Bstard is back and down the order. Pope is the future but off form.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 11:05
I bottled the England lay btw

Mikey says outside the line
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 11:05
Go Mikey!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 11:06
Not blaming Burns for that but he is susceptible to lbw. England problems at the top persist.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 11:08
England get skittled before lunch?
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 11:09
The change bowlers for India are Thakur and SirajShocked
By:
Esox
When: 04 Aug 21 11:24
Met Office Weather Warning for Nottingham Friday and Saturday.

"Slow moving thundery downpours may cause localised surface water impacts
What to expect

There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater.
    Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
    Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services

What should I do?

Stay safe in thunder and lightning"
By:
Aptdemon
When: 04 Aug 21 11:26
Great start by India.

Couldn't agree more re. our top three. Malan looks made for Test cricket now (though that could be an illusion, purely based on the fact he plays white ball that way), zero doubts about his temperament.

I really liked the look of Crawley, he had the air of someone who belonged but he looks nervous/unsure these days. Perhaps one who it will all just click together again with, and I'd far rather persevere with him than Sibley.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 04 Aug 21 11:28
If England don't get bowled out today then it's a drW
By:
peckerdunne
When: 04 Aug 21 11:41
Sibley just needs to up the run rate a tad,only 400 odd odd overs left , though his off stump could go flying soon
By:
peckerdunne
When: 04 Aug 21 11:45
Odds on already. L o o.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 11:57
I think the top 3 all have the right attitude and what it takes to play test cricket but they all need to up their technique.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 12:01
Here we go. I want to see what this kid Siraj can do at Trent bridge in these conditions!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 12:06
England getting the best of the weather again
By:
bobweenit
When: 04 Aug 21 12:42
Oi oi cricket fans
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 12:43
Well done Kohli, very brave. He thought he made a huge mistake and the commentary box were laughing at him!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 12:44
Big Bob!
By:
bobweenit
When: 04 Aug 21 12:45
Afterno00n Whispering is all well in ze Capital?
By:
bobweenit
When: 04 Aug 21 12:47
Kholi leaving it to the last min lime tomtimtum on a 5 pound ebay auction Laugh
By:
peckerdunne
When: 04 Aug 21 12:51
5 pound gets a lot of sweeties Bob
By:
bobweenit
When: 04 Aug 21 12:52
Laugh
By:
bobweenit
When: 04 Aug 21 12:54
Are u on the mend Pecker? Hope your are mucker...
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 12:58
All good Big Bob. In country atm. Grey and dull, no rain. Was offered a ticket for Friday but had to politely and sadly decline as Mrs 'Death had made arrangements but that is now looking like a good call Ticket, train, hotel, copious amounts of alcohol, meal, big breakfast and it looks like a washout or minimum overs to ensure no refund!
By:
peckerdunne
When: 04 Aug 21 13:01
Thanks Bob,happy to be alive but on the mend just grand,only issue is it seems my appetite is poor, all though hungry I can't enjoy my meals, tend to like jelly and ice cream a lot and lot noodle that  I've never a fan of,loving life all the same,have a few trips organized.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 13:03
Aldi ready meals...salt, sugar fat! Try it Peck!
By:
peckerdunne
When: 04 Aug 21 13:05
W D thanks mate,have been getting some from butchef but will check them out.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 13:08
My mother got very ill last January. We thought it might be the end. She wouldn't eat fruit so I tried the Aldi stuff. Cottage Pie, Lancashire Hotpot, Macaroni Cheese. They are not good for you or healthy but for a sick person with no appetite they are stacked with salt, sugar and fat as I said and the body says yeah baby yeah! Try it please!
By:
bobweenit
When: 04 Aug 21 13:15
Who knew Aldi ready meals where the secret cure for a lot of ailments, u learn a lot on these forums Happy
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Aug 21 13:17
Trust me Bob!

Blueberries, raspberries and blackberries!

Or trust the Prime Minister and former Health Secretary!
By:
bobweenit
When: 04 Aug 21 13:24
Wink Still not jabbed up even tho they are threatening me with bans from any sort of gatherings, hopefully its all more propaganda to get the last few to lift their sleeves up
By:
peckerdunne
When: 04 Aug 21 13:48
Two jabs or no travel Bob, feck that, off course I became vulnerable
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo