Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
differentdrum
14 Jul 21 09:36
| Topic/replies: 12,986 | Blogger: differentdrum's blog
Isn't this effectively T20 with 20 less balls plus some daft time-out addition?

I can see how it might push the profile of women's cricket a little bit, but beyond that?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 183
By:
Wallflower
When: 14 Jul 21 17:16
Of course I'll watch - to gamble/trade.

But without doubt, utter nonsense - sounds like a "consultancy" or "committee" type of idea.
By:
The Dragon
When: 14 Jul 21 19:13
well ive bought tickets for 3 matches two at OT and one at the OVAL lets hope its a great success
By:
differentdrum
When: 16 Jul 21 11:17
The hope I would have is that it encourages more cricket back on to terrestrial tv. Channel 4 got the India/England series and since then BBC have taken up the odd one day game.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 16 Jul 21 13:51
just another load of pish
By:
barstool
When: 16 Jul 21 16:15
T20 and county cricket is enough for me, over egging the cake wont make it any better.
By:
mafeking
When: 16 Jul 21 17:48
basically leaving the non test grounds with no proper cricket for 6 weeks at the height of summer. the 50 over comp with teams full of kids and those not picked for the 100 is hardly worth bothering with
By:
Hamlin
When: 20 Jul 21 15:33
I wonder how all the data analysts are going to have to adjust their stats for the 100, 10 ball overs are going to skew bowling averages no? Well economy rates at least.
By:
jmdc
When: 21 Jul 21 07:53
Is the Hundred competition even classified as first-class cricket?
By:
differentdrum
When: 21 Jul 21 13:58
It doesn't seem as if bookmakers can be bothered to take it seriously.

Hard to find any odds at all for tonight's match, and only about three bookmakers priced up the women's outright. That in a world where bookmakers are supposed to price up anything.
By:
differentdrum
When: 21 Jul 21 17:13
Already the worst intro you could imagine. Who is it being aimed at?
By:
andyyy.
When: 21 Jul 21 17:20
Bookies will shy away from pricing this seriously or competitively for a while hence not too many offering comprehensive markets.  They will price with poor value overounds , problem is that just multiplying out a T20 or one day market to calculate an automated algorithm to trade the game is unreliable.  Bookmakers rely on automated in-play trading and the pricing model does not exist yet for this format.  all will be scraping and followin g the exchange .   my advice is take the value prices where you can .  Basically this is basically T20 at its launch, a bookmakers nightmare.   for those of you not restricted everywhere happy hunting.
By:
wondersobright
When: 21 Jul 21 17:43
the only word to describe this is KHAZI
By:
jmdc
When: 21 Jul 21 17:44
What are the fielding rules, no-one has told us?
By:
cool_hand_luke
When: 21 Jul 21 17:52
only watched the 5 mins that sky news pushed on us, looks utter KHAZI
By:
Hamlin
When: 21 Jul 21 18:12

Jul 21, 2021 -- 12:44PM, jmdc wrote:

What are the fielding rules, no-one has told us?

Its an easy google search and pretty obvious. Do you want someone to come round and show you how to use the search engine?

By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 21 Jul 21 18:32
Go Hamlin!
By:
Charlie
When: 21 Jul 21 18:34
What do those green and purple bars at the bottom of the screen mean?
By:
Charlie
When: 21 Jul 21 18:45
Whoever designed the screen layouts and colours needs sacking.
By:
Angoose
When: 21 Jul 21 18:45
Any tv show that features Vic Hope is on to a winner Love
By:
differentdrum
When: 21 Jul 21 18:49
Be amazed if those graphics remain. Not too sure Radio 1 and cricket is a good match.

Think 135 might be 10-15 short unless Ecclestone takes a few wickets. They only tried to clear the boundary at the end and the running between the wickets even without Lee was terrible.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 21 Jul 21 18:50
Doesn't look like a big total to me. They didn't make best use of 1st 25 balls with fielding restrictions so Oval need to have a go if they are going to win this. Good odds here 3.55 but seeing as I don't know the strength of the batting I'm not only out but was never in!

Easy to knock this but they are giving it a go and good luck to them. The more people that play sport the better the World will be and a real bonus if anyone can be bothered to watch.
By:
cricketnut2
When: 21 Jul 21 18:51

Jul 21, 2021 -- 1:45PM, Charlie wrote:

Whoever designed the screen layouts and colours needs sacking.

Its ruddy awful screen layouts are dreadful and they either play t20 or this and this looks total rubbish, as it means nothing to anybody.

By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 21 Jul 21 18:52
Back to the misogyny,

The dancer in the skirt is HOT!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 21 Jul 21 18:53
Absolutely agree they could have done a rebrand of the T20 format with some rule changes to shake it up and be controversial
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 21 Jul 21 18:58
Hello someone knows the rules and has a strategy!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 21 Jul 21 19:05
Who is Mollie King?
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 21 Jul 21 19:06
Ok Luke son of Vader, Punching!
By:
Hamlin
When: 21 Jul 21 19:20
I mean, this is aimed at the younger audience who will have absolutely connected with the graphics and format. So complain all you like no-one really cares about your opinion, don't like it don't watch. Its a hit.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 21 Jul 21 19:25
Absolutely.
By:
black shuck
When: 21 Jul 21 19:35
Wow..why have they knackered a winning formula in 20 20 and I can't understand anything on the useless screen scoreboard...some one needs a serious backside Rogering
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 21 Jul 21 19:45
Its a power thang!

Old Empire types still think they are in charge.

T20 works well everywhere in the World. Plenty of young people attend. They could have used all the money they are putting into the 100 to gizz up our own T20 offering but they don't seem to want to understand that the Indians have the money and there is power in the money and money in the power, minute after minute, hour after hour!
By:
inner city sumo
When: 21 Jul 21 19:46
On screen data is good, it's got all the info you need.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 21 Jul 21 19:56
This is ashley producing an exciting finish. Imagine if you had a kicker on Oval at 15
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 21 Jul 21 20:04
13.5 / 1.08
By:
sparkygayle
When: 21 Jul 21 20:04
Lots of unanswered questions. 1) Why do the umps have to hold up their shopping list after every over ??
By:
DIFERENT GRAVY 12
When: 21 Jul 21 20:12
Different names
New kits
New graphics

Still **** women playing **** cricket
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 21 Jul 21 20:15
It was a great success and good to see so many youngsters there and women! fantastic.

A T20 match marketed in the same way would have done the trick also. At the end of the day it is a game of bat and ball.
By:
cricketnut2
When: 21 Jul 21 20:15
its all a gimmick, here's what's likely to happen, spectators will not go to both t20 and 100 ball cricket, unless it is cheap to watch both. Parents with 2 kids will not be able to afford to take them to both. Great to go this evening, as its  been a baking hot day, but go to a game on a cool evening, and they'll either go to the 100 or the T20 but not both. White card for the end of the over, show you what I mean for my 1st 4 words of this post.
By:
differentdrum
When: 21 Jul 21 20:20
Cricket should be for all, not just a younger audience.

Worrying result for Manchester. Had a winning position, but instead of rubbing it in Cross chose to use three bowlers who were just not up to it. On that evidence Hartley should stick to commentating. The three dropped catches were the nails in the coffin.
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com