Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Angoose
06 Jul 21 08:34
| Topic/replies: 24,312 | Blogger: Angoose's blog
England v Pakistan: Seven positive Covid-19 tests force naming of new squad for hosts
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57732043

England will name a new squad for their ODI series with Pakistan after three players and four staff members tested positive for Covid-19.

The team were due to begin the series with an ODI in Cardiff on Thursday.

But tests administered on Monday returned seven positive results and the rest of England's party will be required to self isolate as a result.

The ECB said Ben Stokes will return to captain a squad which will be named in the next few hours.

Stokes has been absent from England duty after sustaining a broken finger when playing in the IPL earlier this year.

An ECB statement said: "The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) can confirm that seven members - three players and four management team members- of the England Men's ODI party have tested positive for COVID-19.

"In collaboration with Public Health England, Public Health Wales and Bristol Local Health Authority, those impacted will now observe a period of self-isolation from 4 July following the UK Government's protocol on quarantine.

"The remaining members of the party have been deemed close contacts and will also isolate."

The 14-day isolation period will span all three ODIs against Pakistan.

Thursday's fixture at Sophia Gardens is followed by games at Lords on 10 July and Edgbaston three days later.

England then face three Twenty20 fixtures against Pakistan on the 16th, 18th and 20th of July.
Pause Switch to Standard View England v Pakistan: Seven Positive...
Show More
Report mad mad moon July 6, 2021 10:33 AM BST
I’ve got tickets for the Lords game.
Expecting a hefty discount , especially as on Friday they guaranteed a full refund for anyone not comfortable with attending a full capacity game.
Report posy July 6, 2021 10:39 AM BST
Very interesting ;wonder how covid infiltrated itself into the bubble. New squad should include some interesting names.
Report Eric.Cartman July 6, 2021 1:11 PM BST
Hales still under the bus...bit of beak ffs
Report sageform July 7, 2021 8:08 AM BST
Either they are ignoring Covid19 rules or the virus can spread in ways that the scientists do not yet understand. I still find it hard to understand how it spreads so fast as most people seem to follow the rules where I go so I still think it can be present in an enclosed space for days. The safe things to do are: stay at home, go for long walks outside, wear a mask in retail spaces. Not hard really.
Report mad mad moon July 7, 2021 11:27 AM BST
I love my cricket, but this is taking the piss.
£165 to watch Pakistan v England B.
And with 50pc chance of rain forecast, ive gone for the refund, as I expect will loads of others.
Report sageform July 10, 2021 12:29 PM BST
Free on TV though. Come on England.
Report DeSSieReborn July 13, 2021 12:13 PM BST
I've found the first two games enthralling and informative for Englands squad. Surely in Salt and Mahmood we have two players ready for the 1st XI? Salt looks as aggressive as Roy, ok needs to address wide slashes off left hand seamers but for T20 and 50 over looks the part and would fit in. Mahmood? Simply has to be given a chance sooner rather than later
Report Whisperingdeath July 13, 2021 1:36 PM BST
I think Mahmood is excellent and may make The Ashes. One thing though is to give these blokes a chance at the higher level. It is a big jump.

The other think is who do those two replace in white ball?
Report Aptdemon July 13, 2021 2:17 PM BST
I think Mahmood could be handy in place of (or in rotation with) Woakes/Wood.

Not sure Salt makes it, looks to be a promising like-for-like for Roy if he's injured.
Report DeSSieReborn July 13, 2021 4:25 PM BST
Agreed re Salt but he needs opportunities and waiting for Roy to get an injury isn't going to get them. Atherton thinks is only "a threat" to Tom Curran? Scared
Report DeSSieReborn July 13, 2021 4:26 PM BST
Sorry that last comment re Mahmood......
Report jumper3 July 13, 2021 4:45 PM BST
why so few here these days, on the cricket forum?
Report Whisperingdeath July 13, 2021 7:22 PM BST
Some pretty uninspiring cricket going on but todays match has been excellent entertainment. The Brummies are having real fun. They are like a football crowd but were decent enough to give a standing to Babar Azam. I think I would enjoy getting plastered their and ODi is the best cricket to do that to.

Paks have dropped about 5 catches, 5 easy ones at least!
Report Whisperingdeath July 13, 2021 7:23 PM BST
I think people will return for the Test matches against India which should be highly exciting, entertaining and great opportunities to make some moolah!
Report Whisperingdeath July 13, 2021 7:39 PM BST
Cracking game with good swing in odds.

England need 119 off 18 overs. drinks phew!

Its on but they have lost 5 wickets. Get it down below 100 then 80 then 50 and it is England's to lose but Pakistan are rightly favourites at this stage 1.71
Report Whisperingdeath July 13, 2021 7:40 PM BST
I am holding out for 4 figures on an England win. I have already missed a chance to green at odds on!

Death or Glory!
Report Whisperingdeath July 13, 2021 8:13 PM BST
bottled. cleared red at 1.36.

Something always happens. Will add significant green to Pakistan shortly.
Report Whisperingdeath July 13, 2021 8:14 PM BST
Engerland 1.22 now
Report Whisperingdeath July 13, 2021 8:14 PM BST
Engerland 1.22 now
Report Whisperingdeath July 13, 2021 8:15 PM BST
2 minutes!
Report Whisperingdeath July 13, 2021 8:29 PM BST
Greened 1t 1.05 tried to get more at 1.03 but wicket fell.

In reality quite comfortable for England. Special thanks to Rob Key who was Adam Ant the pitch was a belter at half time despite Parkinson bowling one that Warne would have been proud of.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com