Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
14 Jun 21 13:17
| Topic/replies: 17,201 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
very impressed with new zealand in the 2 tests v england, and reckon they should be fav , the draw has plummeted from around 7 4 to 4.5 last few days ( must be rain), but i did hear that if play is lost overs  could be played on a 6th day ?,  .Will both teams settle for a nice draw and share the prize money , ?,   im going for a new zealand victory , but with the euros and r ascot doubt ill be following much of this match.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 8  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 285
By:
detraveller
When: 14 Jun 21 14:31
can someone more knowledgeable here confirm that there will be a 6th day if any time is lost?
Preferably with a source Grin
By:
detraveller
When: 14 Jun 21 14:32
I can't make any sense of why draw is so short if there is a reserve day. Unless the reserve day looks like a washout.
By:
elisjohn
When: 14 Jun 21 15:35
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/icc-wtc-final-when-the-sixth-day-will-come-into-force-1264310

if you understand that( i dont ), hope it helps
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 14 Jun 21 16:44
6th day is a rain day I think!
By:
detraveller
When: 14 Jun 21 19:14
The only thing I understood there was that the match starts on 18th June.
By:
detraveller
When: 14 Jun 21 19:15
Jesus Christ
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 14 Jun 21 20:54
I interpreted it as saying there would be a sixth day if too many lost overs were not able to be made up in the five days by playing later or starting earlier.

I was a bit surprised how short the draw went today given the sixth day has been well flagged up in advance. Can the market really have simply overlooked it?
By:
detraveller
When: 15 Jun 21 10:35
I am still confused about how many overs will be bowled on the reserve day. But it seems if there is more than an hour of lost playing time by day 5 evening, reserve day kicks in.

Anyways it seems the first day is a washout and the reserve day is a certainty.
By:
Esmith
When: 15 Jun 21 19:24
LAY THE DRAW. that is all...
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 15 Jun 21 19:38
I just want to watch a Test Match where both sides put out their best team and both sides want to win, desperately
By:
elisjohn
When: 15 Jun 21 22:44
draw 7 down to 3.5
By:
detraveller
When: 15 Jun 21 22:45
The middlesex hampshire game busted a 1.03 giving me 200 bucks. Feels nice headin into the test.
By:
elisjohn
When: 15 Jun 21 22:45
anyway ive layed india and backed n zealand
By:
elisjohn
When: 16 Jun 21 06:45
draw 2.9ConfusedConfusedConfused
By:
detraveller
When: 17 Jun 21 09:08
2.56 Confused
By:
elisjohn
When: 17 Jun 21 10:03
the bbc weather doesnt seem terrible after tomorrow, ive already layed the draw at 7, ( tried to be clever hearing few weeks back about the 6th day)Cry
By:
Esmith
When: 17 Jun 21 12:57
DRAW LAID..... you have to ignore the BBC weather site.. this is the only site you need when betting on test match cricket...
https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-2650396/United%20Kingdom/England/Hampshire/Eastleigh
By:
Esmith
When: 17 Jun 21 12:58
I'm expecting a full days play tomorrow and the draw is 2.54.. exploit the disconnect...
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Jun 21 13:20
Small draw lay already at 2.56. If tomorrow is cancelled I will double down and increase that bet.

Imho overcast conditions will help the 7 or 8 top top kwality swing and seam bowlers on display. The chanc eof rain brings the likelihood of swing. The pitch is also dry underneath we are told so I expect India to play Ashwin and Jadeja. Their batting is solid and India do not need three World class pacers to bowl out NZ. The NZ attack is also pretty World Class and the only advantage they cede India is having to play a spinner who we don't think can bat well and will extend the tail.

I think the game will fall down to who is batting when the ball is swinging i.e luck.

The NZ batting is pragmatic and decent but if the ball is swinging will that matter? The Indian batting is mercurial and players like Pant and Kohli will can take the game away from anybody but they are all also vulnerable to the swinging ball.

This leads me to laying the draw and top up tomorrow as stated.

Don't forget we can play on Wednesday if there is bad weather most likely on Friday.
By:
detraveller
When: 17 Jun 21 13:40

Jun 17, 2021 -- 6:57AM, Esmith wrote:

DRAW LAID..... you have to ignore the BBC weather site.. this is the only site you need when betting on test match cricket...https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-2650396/United%20Kingdom/England/Hampshire/Eastleigh

Never used the BBC site but whenever I've used the yr.no forecast it was wrong. Metoffice is way more accurate in predicting rain.

By:
flag of goats
When: 17 Jun 21 14:42
Does the extra day count for a result market?
For example if after 5 days there isn’t a positive result is it deemed a draw in the same way extra time on a football match doesn’t count towards the 90 mins result market?
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Jun 21 15:26
you're a sly one flag!

never even considered that!
By:
detraveller
When: 17 Jun 21 16:17
feck!
By:
detraveller
When: 17 Jun 21 16:31
who's going to talk to betfair chat about this?
By:
Esmith
When: 17 Jun 21 18:25
it's fine if you read the rules - this is for test matches....

If the match is not scheduled to be completed within five days after the original scheduled completion date, then all bets on markets for this event will be void, except for bets on any markets that have been unconditionally determined.
By:
detraveller
When: 17 Jun 21 22:35
Who will win this test match?

At the start of scheduled play all unmatched bets will be cancelled and this market will be turned in-play. This market will not be actively managed therefore it is the responsibility of all users to manage their own positions. Competition Rules Apply.

Customers should be aware that:

Transmissions described as “live” by some broadcasters may actually be delayed

The extent of any such delay may vary, depending on the set-up through which they are receiving pictures or data.

If the official result is a Tied Match in any Test, County or Limited Overs Match then all bets on Match Odds markets will be void
By:
detraveller
When: 17 Jun 21 22:40
Ok I've seen the general test match rules now.

But i'm still confused as feck. Draw is 2.46 and I don't see how it can be that short with about 4.5 days of play possible
By:
detraveller
When: 17 Jun 21 22:44
I'm also assuming the usual 200 run follow on rule will apply instead of the 150 run rule if the first day is washed out. Thought that's pretty much irrelevant these days.
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 17 Jun 21 22:52
Good point re. the f/o. 200 would make more sense.
By:
elisjohn
When: 17 Jun 21 22:59
yes we better be careful, there is match odds, also draw no bet, plus there is winners market,
By:
elisjohn
When: 17 Jun 21 23:01
my head is scrambled with all the football, r ascot and these 2 tests starting tomorrow, and havent even looked at the golf yet
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 18 Jun 21 05:42
Gone in again with a lay of 2.14

Will go in again when tv pictures show the covers on and again when play is abandoned for the day without a ball being bowled.

I will then green out when England are 30-3...oh damn!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 18 Jun 21 05:44
Staying off the football for the final group matches as teams will rest players, maybe try and lose or arrange draws!
By:
elisjohn
When: 18 Jun 21 07:43
The Draw
£100.00
£666.32

arent i a clever dick,. thought id be 1st to know about a possible 6th day , great lay at the timeCry, alas ive traded on the match since then and its not too   bad at all now ,
By:
detraveller
When: 18 Jun 21 09:09
draw 1.96
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 18 Jun 21 09:25
Here's hoping the rain is much heavier this morning than overnight (like it was in London) and that this will empty the clouds quicker. Nothing worse than persistent drizzle. Play starting some time this afternoon would certainly liven the market up a bit.
By:
Uncle-Bulgaria
When: 18 Jun 21 09:54
Staying away from this one, Betfair tell me that if the match continues into the 6th day all bets will be void.
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 18 Jun 21 10:00
By "Betfair" do you mean a random customer services chat person?
By:
Uncle-Bulgaria
When: 18 Jun 21 10:03
Quite, just quoting what 'the team' told him, make your own judgement.
Page 1 of 8  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com