Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
posy
12 Jun 21 16:43
| Topic/replies: 14,350 | Blogger: posy's blog
They are a total disgrace yet will continue to draw huge salaries. It's a fuc king shambles.
Pause Switch to Standard View Are England cricketers worth £1...
Show More
Report TCat June 12, 2021 5:53 PM BST
is Ramprakash still the batting coach ?  I appreciate he isn't picking the team but since he was appointed in 2014 our batting has gone steadily downhill.
Report posy June 12, 2021 6:13 PM BST
Not sure .He certainly was up until fairly recently but thought I'd read it was now Trescothick ,but am open to correction.
Report johnnythebull June 12, 2021 8:48 PM BST
not worth two bob
Report alun2005 June 13, 2021 10:37 AM BST
Yes but the important thing is that the England captain and record-capped fast bowler wear T-shirts telling the world that they stand together against something called "Transphobia". That seems to be more of a pressing priority to English cricket than batting, bowling, catching and using the referrals system properly.
Report isleham June 17, 2021 11:06 PM BST
The travesty is many of them are being paid mega bucks to sit on their a**es and rest
Report mafeking June 18, 2021 1:36 PM BST
yep buttler's missed the last 5 matches and woakes has hardly played at all in the last year. think they're on about £2M per year basic between them. maybe tom harrison should more concerned with that than nonsense
Report feedthepony June 22, 2021 1:09 PM BST
If the people pay the money at the gate and to the broadcasters then absolutely.

The talent deserve it more than the top brass suits
Report Whisperingdeath June 22, 2021 1:21 PM BST
They deserve it as much as any entertainer or Captain of Industry but would a Cpatin of Industry pay that type of Salary to do nothing for 6 months in the year? The people in charge should not be trusted to run the tuck shop!
Report bobweenit June 23, 2021 7:51 PM BST
Didnt realise there was that much money in cricket. The answer is No. Give Ayt 6 months in the nets he could do what any of the England spinners do. And give Tomtimtum 6 months in the nets and he wouldnt be far behind the tail enders.
Tomtimtum is a brave cricketer as well as the Bridlington press reported. More courage in his 1991 slazenger box than the whole England team...
Report Whisperingdeath June 24, 2021 2:33 PM BST
Give Ayt 6 months in the nets he could do what any of the England spinners do. And give Tomtimtum 6 months in the nets and he wouldnt be far behind the tail enders.

There is a little bit of truth in this!

I have seen useless kids with **** / rich parents get them all the gear, lessons, get them into the team near the top. I've seem kids barley able to pick up a bat but just defend the stumps and not be able to hit it off the square. They can bat like that for an hour or more and stop other getting a game. Eventually their defence gets quite decent but there is not much in natural ability to hit the ball. Over time they become relatively average cricketers as they grow.

Of course 'Death was the opposite. Supremely talent could bat, bowl, field and still is a better catcher than many International cricketers imho! My downfall of course was just being lazy! although tbf I only ever played in nets at school when 12 and 13 or so. about 8 minutes batting and the rest as a net bowler. To see how long some professionals practice is the nets is amazing and you wonder how good you could be if you had even an hour in the nets a day.

A couple of years ago I picked up a new cricket bat and a mate bowled at me in the nets. Only 5 mins as they were the two of us only and we wanted a beer but boy I could cream anything that was pitched up to me still and the new bats make the ball react like a tracer bullet.

The only thing I would say is that when the ball is coning at you in excess of 82 mph it can be a little difficult for even the best and the only way to counter the speed is practice practice practice.
Report strontium June 24, 2021 10:58 PM BST
No, they aren't. I'd rather have 30 nurses, if it's all the same.
Report FatherMaguire June 30, 2021 10:48 PM BST
The market says they're worth it - and let's not forget they are ICC World 50 over champions
Report strontium July 1, 2021 9:45 AM BST
Perhaps, but the arrogance and obvious sense of entitlement of some of the senior players is deeply offputting.
Report Whisperingdeath July 1, 2021 4:39 PM BST
I don't think they are arrogant. I just think some of them are not very bright or articulate. I am pretty sure they all work very hard. If the market says they are worth that much then so be it. There is nothing stopping nurses from playing cricket. The cricketers don't decide nurses wages, the voters do and who have we voted for? The 1%'ers! Oops politics. I apologise without reservationWink
Report Whisperingdeath July 1, 2021 4:40 PM BST
The cricketers are not a disgrace. The selectors and people who sign the cheques have a lot to answer for!
Report mafeking July 2, 2021 2:24 PM BST
jos buttler comes back plays 1 game and then he's off again cos a minor strain. if there were no scans chances are he could play through it and after yet another month off they'll wonder why when it comes to the india series he'll look totally out of nick having had no cricket for months and months. just baffling management of our key players
Report sageform July 10, 2021 12:32 PM BST
Does seem a lot but that is a months wages for a footballer! Lets go back to the days of amateurs only?
Report cricketnut2 July 10, 2021 5:55 PM BST

Jul 1, 2021 -- 10:40AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

The cricketers are not a disgrace. The selectors and people who sign the cheques have a lot to answer for!

agreed and well said.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com