Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
22black
07 Jun 21 11:01
| Topic/replies: 46,785 | Blogger: 22black's blog
The piece of white that leaked the texts needs a bullet
Pause Switch to Standard View Ollie Robinson
Show More
Report feedthepony June 7, 2021 4:25 PM BST
You reckon the blazers in the ECB throwing Ollie under the bus have ever said anything in the past as mature adults which was worse than what Ollie said in his teenage tweets???
Report feedthepony June 7, 2021 4:26 PM BST
You reckon all the former players who say he needs to be re-educated never said anything inappropriate on their tours?
Report feedthepony June 7, 2021 4:28 PM BST
You reckon all the experienced journalists who have been around for 20 years plus had heard the rumours about Jimmy Saville tried to do anything about it, especially the BBC ones?
Report sageform June 7, 2021 6:23 PM BST
This is modern Britain. One word out of turn and you are out no matter how good you are at your sport or your job. We won't have a team at this rate.
Report qwerty135 June 7, 2021 9:40 PM BST
22black07
The piece of white that leaked the texts needs a bullet

Meh.  It's his own fault for being an eejit.  The ECB have to mete out some form of punishment, but I hope it's short, and we can all move on.
Report sageform June 8, 2021 7:32 AM BST
Another one on the way out because of a tweet before he was 16! This is like the Spanish Inquisition. Do any other countries examine tweets from 10 years ago?
Report FatherMaguire June 8, 2021 9:17 AM BST
Our media is completely out of control - unaccountable, rabid, and lying at will to suit their own agenda. This is the sort of thing that comes out in the wash - the ECB are in a tough spot on this - easier to throw the book at him than excuse it on historic grounds/age - they'd be accused of all sorts if they'd let him off
Report barstool June 8, 2021 1:40 PM BST
Don't know what he his supposed to have written/said, but what would have been the punishment for his misdemeanor back Then? Not a public flogging I am certain. Give the lad a warning and let it be. I am pretty sure they all know how to conduct themselves nowadays.
Report Dr Crippen June 8, 2021 7:30 PM BST
I believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

So if the cricketer wrote something nasty about someone, then write something nasty back about him and let him continue his career.

Job done.
Report feedthepony June 9, 2021 12:42 PM BST
Picture this scene.

England vs India test match

Someone backs India at 3.00 2 days before the game

On the night before he releases some screen shot tweets claiming to be a key England player (say Stokes, Butler etc) saying un-pc things.

ECB have set the precedent now so have to suspend while under investigation

India price tumbles to 2.00

Dangerous game they are playing
Report feedthepony June 9, 2021 12:45 PM BST
don't even have to be real tweets - could be 100% manufactured - but the press will jump on them and the ECB will have to act.

Scary times we live in
Report Dr Crippen June 9, 2021 2:19 PM BST
Here's the problem.

If we look at the post immediately before my first post here, the poster calls the PM a racist.

In a free country that is allowed, but if we continue down the road we're going, someone in the future might go back and take the poster to task over that insult.
And then we'll see how that poster likes it.

The staggering hypocrisy of the post is there for all to see.
Report Whisperingdeath June 9, 2021 5:54 PM BST
How is the post hypocrisy?

You don't think Doris is a racist?
Report Cider June 9, 2021 8:02 PM BST
How do you define racist?
Report snowynoon June 10, 2021 11:19 AM BST
Agree with Father Maguire,media in this country are superwoke whether its BBC,ITV, Ch 4 ,SKY ,all sing from the same woke /diversity hymnsheet ,and most newspapers although not as bad ,love a good story .so flame the flames .ECB as he says ,take the easy way out ,suspend ,ban .pending investigation .God help us if we are all held accountable for things we said or wrote when teenagers.
Report qwerty135 June 10, 2021 8:56 PM BST
Hard to understand why anyone has to point this out, but wokeness and diversity are good things, not bad ("woke" = "alert to injustice in society, especially racism").  I want to see OR back soon, especially after such a promising start, but the ECB didn't have much choice but to take action, and it didn't help that this came out on the day they launched the Moment of Unity thing:

The front of the T-shirts carries the message: 'Cricket is a game for everyone'.

There are seven different designs of the shirts, each one featuring a different message on the back.

The words on the back begin 'We stand together against', before one of 'racism', 'religious intolerance', 'sexism', 'transphoboia', 'homophobia', 'ableism' or 'ageism'.

The real question to me is why the ECB and none of OR's counties found this stuff before.  He could have deleted his account, and no-one would have known that he used to be an eejit.
Report detraveller June 11, 2021 9:14 AM BST
Have they punished him?
Report salmon spray June 11, 2021 9:33 AM BST
Funny classs discrimination doesn't make it into the top seven
Talk of class seems to have b een "cancelled" ( in favour of transphopia ffs ).
Report Dr Crippen June 11, 2021 10:14 AM BST
People who seek out and make big issues over casual and distasteful comments from the past, show more malicious and vindictive intentions than the comments they highlight.
Report Dr Crippen June 11, 2021 10:22 AM BST
That's true SS.

Maybe because the ones perpetuating the woke agenda come from privileged backgrounds, or occupy privileged positions.
Report alun2005 June 11, 2021 10:33 AM BST
I can't wait to see the slogans on the T-shirts today. Make no mistake those 'woke' T-Shirts will surely soon eliminate all the bad things this country experiences.

I wonder which player will wear the one reading "WE STAND TOGETHER AGAINST ISLAMIC TERRORISM, SUCH AS THOSE WHO MURDERED CHILDREN AT THE MANCHESTER ARENA". I would have thought that Root himself would want to wear that one and demonstrate true leadership.
Report Whisperingdeath June 11, 2021 12:37 PM BST
This is a cricket forum alun. Couldn't you please take your filth elsewhere. There must be plenty of low life losers and self loathers on the politics board that will revel in your zealous hatred.
Report tomtimtum June 11, 2021 7:28 PM BST
Laugh don't think theres anyone left on these forums who actually bets on cricket
Report Dr Crippen June 12, 2021 10:55 AM BST
I bet the Australians are laughing.

By the time we've finished culling our best players, they'll be able to wipe the floor with our squeaky-clean woke eleven.
Report johnnythebull June 12, 2021 11:03 AM BST
they'll be wiping the floor with whatever eleven we put out!
Report Whisperingdeath June 12, 2021 6:12 PM BST
Why are we playing our second xl in a Test Match?
Report alun2005 June 13, 2021 10:31 AM BST
This is a cricket forum alun. Couldn't you please take your filth elsewhere.

Ahem, English Cricket CHOSE of its own free will to become political, to give a voice to various causes and to try and distance itself from Robinson's boyhood Tweets. I'm simply offering English Cricket a far more pressing priority for their T-Shirts, unless of course they are simply sloganising just to appear ‘woke’ and ‘progressive’. Perish the thought.

I think we’d all agree my suggestion is entirely sensible and worthy. I therefore fail see how standing against Islamic Terror is “filth”. Most of the Free World unfortunately finds itself fighting against that very threat every single day. Cricket itself has been impacted severely by Islamic Terror, but curiously the sport seems to have forgotten that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_attack_on_the_Sri_Lanka_national_cricket_team#Attack
Report detraveller June 13, 2021 4:53 PM BST
I just realized he was suspended by the ECB. What a pussey. His inability to stand up for himself p1sses me off, way more than the stupidity of this whole episode.
Report Dr Crippen June 13, 2021 5:58 PM BST
Sir Winston Churchill, the greatest man that ever lived, once said:

''Never apologise, never explain''
Report Dr Crippen June 14, 2021 8:51 PM BST
The ECB are going to go through all the records of the England players looking for similar comments.
What's laughable is that the players look like they're going to stand for it.

They should all walk out pronto.
Which is what they should have done from the start.
Report Dr Crippen June 14, 2021 8:52 PM BST
Talk about lions led by donkeys.
Report qwerty135 June 14, 2021 11:02 PM BST
Is that you Alf?  I thought you were dead.

If Israel Folau were English and good at cricket, would you be ok with him opening the batting for England?
Report brain dead jockeys June 15, 2021 1:21 AM BST
everyone who works in the media is afraid of losing their job for one mispoken word. there is a mob out there who will e-mail bbc/itv/c4/sky relentlessly and e-mail their advertisers over anything the disagree with.
Report Whisperingdeath June 15, 2021 11:53 AM BST
It will shake out and is nothing to do with cricket. The real crime is the payment of players for doing nothing. I don't think Butler has played a Test Match this year ( not that I think he should have ashley ) but is on a Test Match central contract. I think he might be on close to a million pounds a year!

Julie Burchill lost her job for tweeting....good!

Katie Hopkins lost her job and her home for vile libelling of a fellow journalist!

Nothing wrong with that!

What is wrong is that Robinson was suspended, that is down to people who lead the game in this country
Report Whisperingdeath June 15, 2021 11:55 AM BST
Talk about lions led by donkeys.

What do they know of cricket that cricket only know?

Did you watch the Second Test Crippen?
Report Dr Crippen June 15, 2021 11:58 AM BST
It's the same with the public sector workers bdj, they're all running scared.

And one glaring example is the reason why the child grooming gangs get away with it for so long.
Report Dr Crippen June 15, 2021 12:03 PM BST
Be careful what you wish for Whisper.

You might find yourself on the wrong side one day and the thought police will be coming for you.
Report Whisperingdeath June 15, 2021 12:09 PM BST
You do know this is supposed to be a thread about cricket?
Report Whisperingdeath June 15, 2021 12:09 PM BST
Did you watch the last test?
Report Dr Crippen June 15, 2021 12:14 PM BST
You do know this thread is about Ollie Robinson?
Report Whisperingdeath June 15, 2021 12:34 PM BST
a cricketer stopped from playing cricket for England?

Yes, do you?
Report Hamlin June 15, 2021 2:37 PM BST
Is Dr Crippen really upset because he fears you might no longer be allowed to be racist in private?

The only people "running scared" are the ones who were previously getting away with it.
Contrary to their belief its not normal behaviour and not everyone is racist in their little whatsapp groups.
Report Whisperingdeath June 15, 2021 3:13 PM BST
Finely put Hamlin!
Report Dr Crippen June 15, 2021 8:36 PM BST
Why are you two bringing race into it?.
Report Dr Crippen June 15, 2021 8:38 PM BST
You people are race mad.
Report Whisperingdeath June 15, 2021 9:06 PM BST
You people are race mad.

We are on a cricket forum. Do you know anything about cricket or are you just here to wind people up and spread your self hatred?
Report Dr Crippen June 16, 2021 12:23 PM BST
We are on a cricket forum

There's not much gets past you.
Report Whisperingdeath June 16, 2021 4:57 PM BST
So why are you here?

Apart from a desire to spread your ignorance and hate?

Tell me something about cricket!
Report Dr Crippen June 16, 2021 10:12 PM BST
His first name was Jiminy?
Report alun2005 July 8, 2021 8:22 PM BST
Poor Ollie. If only he’d been a football player. It actually helps you get a game in the England football setup if you kneel in submission to a Marxist Hate Group and get of a tattoo of an M16 assault rifle done on your leg.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com