Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
22black
07 Jun 21 12:01
| Topic/replies: 11 | Blogger: 22black's blog
The piece of white that leaked the texts needs a bullet

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 50
By:
feedthepony
When: 07 Jun 21 16:25
You reckon the blazers in the ECB throwing Ollie under the bus have ever said anything in the past as mature adults which was worse than what Ollie said in his teenage tweets???
By:
feedthepony
When: 07 Jun 21 16:26
You reckon all the former players who say he needs to be re-educated never said anything inappropriate on their tours?
By:
feedthepony
When: 07 Jun 21 16:28
You reckon all the experienced journalists who have been around for 20 years plus had heard the rumours about Jimmy Saville tried to do anything about it, especially the BBC ones?
By:
sageform
When: 07 Jun 21 18:23
This is modern Britain. One word out of turn and you are out no matter how good you are at your sport or your job. We won't have a team at this rate.
By:
qwerty135
When: 07 Jun 21 21:40
22black07
The piece of white that leaked the texts needs a bullet

Meh.  It's his own fault for being an eejit.  The ECB have to mete out some form of punishment, but I hope it's short, and we can all move on.
By:
sageform
When: 08 Jun 21 07:32
Another one on the way out because of a tweet before he was 16! This is like the Spanish Inquisition. Do any other countries examine tweets from 10 years ago?
By:
FatherMaguire
When: 08 Jun 21 09:17
Our media is completely out of control - unaccountable, rabid, and lying at will to suit their own agenda. This is the sort of thing that comes out in the wash - the ECB are in a tough spot on this - easier to throw the book at him than excuse it on historic grounds/age - they'd be accused of all sorts if they'd let him off
By:
barstool
When: 08 Jun 21 13:40
Don't know what he his supposed to have written/said, but what would have been the punishment for his misdemeanor back Then? Not a public flogging I am certain. Give the lad a warning and let it be. I am pretty sure they all know how to conduct themselves nowadays.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 08 Jun 21 19:30
I believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

So if the cricketer wrote something nasty about someone, then write something nasty back about him and let him continue his career.

Job done.
By:
feedthepony
When: 09 Jun 21 12:42
Picture this scene.

England vs India test match

Someone backs India at 3.00 2 days before the game

On the night before he releases some screen shot tweets claiming to be a key England player (say Stokes, Butler etc) saying un-pc things.

ECB have set the precedent now so have to suspend while under investigation

India price tumbles to 2.00

Dangerous game they are playing
By:
feedthepony
When: 09 Jun 21 12:45
don't even have to be real tweets - could be 100% manufactured - but the press will jump on them and the ECB will have to act.

Scary times we live in
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 09 Jun 21 14:19
Here's the problem.

If we look at the post immediately before my first post here, the poster calls the PM a racist.

In a free country that is allowed, but if we continue down the road we're going, someone in the future might go back and take the poster to task over that insult.
And then we'll see how that poster likes it.

The staggering hypocrisy of the post is there for all to see.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 09 Jun 21 17:54
How is the post hypocrisy?

You don't think Doris is a racist?
By:
Cider
When: 09 Jun 21 20:02
How do you define racist?
By:
snowynoon
When: 10 Jun 21 11:19
Agree with Father Maguire,media in this country are superwoke whether its BBC,ITV, Ch 4 ,SKY ,all sing from the same woke /diversity hymnsheet ,and most newspapers although not as bad ,love a good story .so flame the flames .ECB as he says ,take the easy way out ,suspend ,ban .pending investigation .God help us if we are all held accountable for things we said or wrote when teenagers.
By:
qwerty135
When: 10 Jun 21 20:56
Hard to understand why anyone has to point this out, but wokeness and diversity are good things, not bad ("woke" = "alert to injustice in society, especially racism").  I want to see OR back soon, especially after such a promising start, but the ECB didn't have much choice but to take action, and it didn't help that this came out on the day they launched the Moment of Unity thing:

The front of the T-shirts carries the message: 'Cricket is a game for everyone'.

There are seven different designs of the shirts, each one featuring a different message on the back.

The words on the back begin 'We stand together against', before one of 'racism', 'religious intolerance', 'sexism', 'transphoboia', 'homophobia', 'ableism' or 'ageism'.

The real question to me is why the ECB and none of OR's counties found this stuff before.  He could have deleted his account, and no-one would have known that he used to be an eejit.
By:
detraveller
When: 11 Jun 21 09:14
Have they punished him?
By:
salmon spray
When: 11 Jun 21 09:33
Funny classs discrimination doesn't make it into the top seven
Talk of class seems to have b een "cancelled" ( in favour of transphopia ffs ).
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 11 Jun 21 10:14
People who seek out and make big issues over casual and distasteful comments from the past, show more malicious and vindictive intentions than the comments they highlight.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 11 Jun 21 10:22
That's true SS.

Maybe because the ones perpetuating the woke agenda come from privileged backgrounds, or occupy privileged positions.
By:
alun2005
When: 11 Jun 21 10:33
I can't wait to see the slogans on the T-shirts today. Make no mistake those 'woke' T-Shirts will surely soon eliminate all the bad things this country experiences.

I wonder which player will wear the one reading "WE STAND TOGETHER AGAINST ISLAMIC TERRORISM, SUCH AS THOSE WHO MURDERED CHILDREN AT THE MANCHESTER ARENA". I would have thought that Root himself would want to wear that one and demonstrate true leadership.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 11 Jun 21 12:37
This is a cricket forum alun. Couldn't you please take your filth elsewhere. There must be plenty of low life losers and self loathers on the politics board that will revel in your zealous hatred.
By:
tomtimtum
When: 11 Jun 21 19:28
Laugh don't think theres anyone left on these forums who actually bets on cricket
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 12 Jun 21 10:55
I bet the Australians are laughing.

By the time we've finished culling our best players, they'll be able to wipe the floor with our squeaky-clean woke eleven.
By:
johnnythebull
When: 12 Jun 21 11:03
they'll be wiping the floor with whatever eleven we put out!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 12 Jun 21 18:12
Why are we playing our second xl in a Test Match?
By:
alun2005
When: 13 Jun 21 10:31
This is a cricket forum alun. Couldn't you please take your filth elsewhere.

Ahem, English Cricket CHOSE of its own free will to become political, to give a voice to various causes and to try and distance itself from Robinson's boyhood Tweets. I'm simply offering English Cricket a far more pressing priority for their T-Shirts, unless of course they are simply sloganising just to appear ‘woke’ and ‘progressive’. Perish the thought.

I think we’d all agree my suggestion is entirely sensible and worthy. I therefore fail see how standing against Islamic Terror is “filth”. Most of the Free World unfortunately finds itself fighting against that very threat every single day. Cricket itself has been impacted severely by Islamic Terror, but curiously the sport seems to have forgotten that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_attack_on_the_Sri_Lanka_national_cricket_team#Attack
By:
detraveller
When: 13 Jun 21 16:53
I just realized he was suspended by the ECB. What a pussey. His inability to stand up for himself p1sses me off, way more than the stupidity of this whole episode.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 13 Jun 21 17:58
Sir Winston Churchill, the greatest man that ever lived, once said:

''Never apologise, never explain''
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 14 Jun 21 20:51
The ECB are going to go through all the records of the England players looking for similar comments.
What's laughable is that the players look like they're going to stand for it.

They should all walk out pronto.
Which is what they should have done from the start.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 14 Jun 21 20:52
Talk about lions led by donkeys.
By:
qwerty135
When: 14 Jun 21 23:02
Is that you Alf?  I thought you were dead.

If Israel Folau were English and good at cricket, would you be ok with him opening the batting for England?
By:
brain dead jockeys
When: 15 Jun 21 01:21
everyone who works in the media is afraid of losing their job for one mispoken word. there is a mob out there who will e-mail bbc/itv/c4/sky relentlessly and e-mail their advertisers over anything the disagree with.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 15 Jun 21 11:53
It will shake out and is nothing to do with cricket. The real crime is the payment of players for doing nothing. I don't think Butler has played a Test Match this year ( not that I think he should have ashley ) but is on a Test Match central contract. I think he might be on close to a million pounds a year!

Julie Burchill lost her job for tweeting....good!

Katie Hopkins lost her job and her home for vile libelling of a fellow journalist!

Nothing wrong with that!

What is wrong is that Robinson was suspended, that is down to people who lead the game in this country
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 15 Jun 21 11:55
Talk about lions led by donkeys.

What do they know of cricket that cricket only know?

Did you watch the Second Test Crippen?
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 15 Jun 21 11:58
It's the same with the public sector workers bdj, they're all running scared.

And one glaring example is the reason why the child grooming gangs get away with it for so long.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 15 Jun 21 12:03
Be careful what you wish for Whisper.

You might find yourself on the wrong side one day and the thought police will be coming for you.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 15 Jun 21 12:09
You do know this is supposed to be a thread about cricket?
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 15 Jun 21 12:09
Did you watch the last test?
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo