Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 209 comments are related to the topic:
2nd june , 1st test match england v new zealand at lords

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 209
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 06 Jun 21 12:25
Wow they set the game up.
By:
elisjohn
When: 06 Jun 21 12:27
whaw
By:
Hamlin
When: 06 Jun 21 12:28
How much rain is in the air?
By:
rob999
When: 06 Jun 21 12:31
Struggling to remember such a cheeky declaration since dear old Hansie's generosity...
By:
rob999
When: 06 Jun 21 12:35
Assuming a 13.29 start time, an estimate of 13.5 overs per hour, a twenty minute tea break and nor rain I make 75 overs meaning a 19.25 finish time.
By:
ayt
When: 06 Jun 21 12:39
Laying newzealand,wrong prices,england should be 7x
By:
detraveller
When: 06 Jun 21 12:41

Jun 6, 2021 -- 7:31AM, rob999 wrote:

Struggling to remember such a cheeky declaration since dear old Hansie's generosity...

pretty standard declaration this leaving Eng 4 an over to chase.

By:
rob999
When: 06 Jun 21 12:44
You've rather manufacturer the maths to prove your point there detraveller.

It was 3.64 an over. I think most were expecting them to bat on and leave England 4 an over as you suggest. The market certainly was.
By:
brentford
When: 06 Jun 21 12:46
can't really agree with that De...especially as it's under 300..
70+ overs @ 3.6 req rather than 4 is not an insignificant diff as well
By:
brentford
When: 06 Jun 21 12:47
massive credit to Williamson and nz for taking the best chance of victory option anyway
By:
detraveller
When: 06 Jun 21 12:49
My thinking is that we are never going to get the 75 or so overs in. 69 overs is would give you 4 an over RR, and I don't even think they're going to get those in(Hence me saying over 4 an over RR). Plenty of room for Kane to play with to stop Eng from getting to the target. It seems a pretty safe declaration to me.
By:
detraveller
When: 06 Jun 21 12:50
my math's fine but my english seems to be betraying me today.
By:
detraveller
When: 06 Jun 21 12:51
ive laid the the draw by the way
By:
rob999
When: 06 Jun 21 12:52
Now you are in danger of bringing logic into things...

If we want to get logical and look at the shotmakers in England's top six he could have safely declared leaving England 2.5 an over.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 06 Jun 21 12:53
No way we chase down 270 in 70 overs so its a draw

NZ only team that can win from here
By:
detraveller
When: 06 Jun 21 12:57
Not disagreeing with any of you. I just laid out my thinking. I layed the draw thinking NZ must be close to declaration and got a nice return backing my thinking with my money. The 4 an over remark was a generalization because I estimated them not getting their overs in.
By:
detraveller
When: 06 Jun 21 13:10
Kane, give me some wickets will you
By:
detraveller
When: 06 Jun 21 13:11
3 quick ones to start with
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 06 Jun 21 13:28
Might as well call it lads

Onto the next test

NZ are much improved these days no push overs
By:
sageform
When: 06 Jun 21 13:47
No fast scorers in the team sadly. Johnny Bairstow at 3 might have made it interesting.
By:
posy
When: 06 Jun 21 14:09
If England don't go for this it'll be a national disgrace.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 06 Jun 21 14:17
These guys should be looking to push 3 singles an over it really is not that difficult. What is difficult is to chase runs against uneven bounce. It shows imho they are not yet fully Test openers although  I admire the grit and determination of both of them. Not helped by Pope and Lawrence yesterday tbh. Singles put s pressure on the bowlers. They hate leaking runs. Glad he is out. Crawley will hit out of get out.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 06 Jun 21 14:20
They will make safe game safe, go for it, lose wickets because the pitch is slow and uneven then give us a nervous finish
By:
elisjohn
When: 06 Jun 21 14:37
pathetic effort, considering the dec
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 06 Jun 21 14:50
Absolutely pathetic effort before tea. Never even tried, not even to push singles about which they could have done easily - hope they lose.
By:
posy
When: 06 Jun 21 14:50
Quite agree elisjohn ;a bunch of overpaid cowards. Better to go for it and lose than shut up shop.
By:
cricketnut2
When: 06 Jun 21 14:51
That was an awful shot, no foot movement, doesn't need to play at it and trying hit on the up, when England are trying not to lose the game.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 06 Jun 21 14:51
Dreadful ****. Plenty of opportunities to hit the ball before that god awful ****. At least Root will tick the score over
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 06 Jun 21 14:54
Imagine paying to watch this ****?

Laugh
By:
elisjohn
When: 06 Jun 21 14:56
suppose to go with missus this afternoon, and when i learnt of the suprising dec, i told her if she minded going alone, , " the test match going to be exciting ",  Cry, and worse i had £ 50 on eng prior to dec at 28, and could have layed back at 12
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 06 Jun 21 15:00
Pathetic from England. Look they didn’t really have much of a chance but 90 off 32 overs at tea would have set things up nicely.

Wastrels
By:
Hayden
When: 06 Jun 21 15:22
Some people still wondering why test cricket is dead , this format of the sport is a total embarrassment.

You get a crowd in & they treat the day as batting practice.
By:
cricketnut2
When: 06 Jun 21 15:30
The problem is England have got very little reliable batting in this Test, England would have tried to chase this down, if Butler and Stokes were in the side, but there again New Zealand wouldn't have made the declaration at that point, if they were.
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 06 Jun 21 15:41
Completely agree Hayden.

The whole thing is the product of lazy complacency, no urgency in anything, over going missing all over the place, ambling about, constant interruptions, constant excuses why play can't start on time, how they handled the rain affected tests last summer was a complete joke.

It comes across as a sport where the object of the game is to play as little as possible.

It's going the same way as Horse Racing and Golf, an anachronism.
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 06 Jun 21 15:43
The problem is England have got very little reliable batting in this Test, England would have tried to chase this down, if Butler and Stokes were in the side, but there again New Zealand wouldn't have made the declaration at that point, if they were.

That's no excuse for not even trying to push singles.
By:
elisjohn
When: 06 Jun 21 16:29
what an advert for the sport, utter diabolical
By:
the.mad.dog.man
When: 06 Jun 21 16:31
3 feathers for englands cricket team
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 06 Jun 21 16:32
Its one extreme to the other with us, we either play rash shots and get out cheaply or we do this when needing 273, not even trying
By:
posy
When: 06 Jun 21 16:33
Don't know abut 3 feathers but the team should be presented with a white feather.
By:
posy
When: 06 Jun 21 16:35
In fact Root should be sacked as captain for displaying extreme cowardice.
Page 4 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com