Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 209 comments are related to the topic:
2nd june , 1st test match england v new zealand at lords

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 209
By:
mad mad moon
When: 03 Jun 21 21:16
Interesting stat on TMS today.
For England’s 6 tests in the winter against SL and India, their average for the first 2 wickets of 25
was the 2nd lowest ever in the history of test cricket for a 5/6 test series.
Have to agree, Sibley is too vulnerable early on.
By:
Aptdemon
When: 04 Jun 21 10:50
I've just had to go forward and back a couple of times on my Sky coverage but we had a 9 tick move in the draw market at 11:30ish because of covers coming off in the replay of some chat between Nasser, Athers & Butcher Crazy
By:
Aptdemon
When: 04 Jun 21 10:51
Hilarious!
By:
sageform
When: 04 Jun 21 19:18
Likely draw now but the opening 2 wicket stats are dreadful. Surely Bairstow would be better than any of the three clowns that are opening recently.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 05 Jun 21 08:26
NO

Bstard has huge technical issues too. The fact that he is a wonderful sportsman with great hand eye masks his deficiencies. I think he would contribute more with the bat consistently than Butler and maybe Aus is where he may perform best.

He has improved his technique but is still getting bowled through the gate. He is another of the this is how I play brigade. They want to hit the ball hard rather than caress it through gaps or with the swing. I like him though but I would rather give extended runs to Pope and Lawrence. YJB behind the sticks over Bracey all day long. Foakes is my favourite but sometimes you have to follow Bonaparte and maybe Foakes is just unlucky.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 05 Jun 21 08:28
Sunny dY, everything is AOK btw inear Lords

Air is clear and clean. Cloud high. Pitch might sweat but once it dries then still good for batting. Thinking about an England Hail Mary if the price is right.
By:
Guernsey Sunbed
When: 05 Jun 21 09:41
morning all,

Be interesting to see how the pitch plays after sweating under the covers for a full day.

Still 196 overs left in the match.All to play for. I'm still running with my LAY of NZ although i have layed off a chunk @6

re YJB. a very talented player but for me he is a limited overs player.  I believe Buttler has really improved as a test match batsman but as purely a WK Foakes gets my vote.

GLA
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 05 Jun 21 10:01
GET IN!

1st ball.
By:
sageform
When: 05 Jun 21 10:06
what a surprise. I have wondered for a few years if they stay asleep until 10.00 on game days as England always look half asleep until lunch.
By:
elisjohn
When: 05 Jun 21 10:29
there is a possibility of a 6th day in the india v nz test in 2 weeks,  according to tms now surely a lay on the draw is free money
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 05 Jun 21 10:33
I cleared my NZ red a little prematurely at 1.31 but what the hell. Also had a sniff of England at 15.5
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 05 Jun 21 10:45
Maybe not!
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 05 Jun 21 10:52
Nice.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 05 Jun 21 10:53
Very disappointing from the young pair but Pope showed a glimpse
By:
detraveller
When: 05 Jun 21 10:56

Jun 5, 2021 -- 5:29AM, elisjohn wrote:

there is a possibility of a 6th day in the india v nz test in 2 weeks,

By:
detraveller
When: 05 Jun 21 10:57
why are we talking of a 6th day? Rain threat?

sorry completely out of touch with the game these days
By:
johnnythebull
When: 05 Jun 21 10:58
the much vaunted but less prolific at delivering the goods England doing their level best to ensure the day lost to rain won't prevent NZ winning,innit!!
By:
barstool
When: 05 Jun 21 11:02
Crawley, Lawrence.

Get your eye in for 10 overs lads, its test cricket ffs.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 05 Jun 21 11:03
Very disappointing. If he was not out first ball who knows what could hav3 happened if he survived until lunch
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 05 Jun 21 11:04
Wow!
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 05 Jun 21 11:05
29-4
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 05 Jun 21 11:05
Can’t blame Bracey for that. Yes ge5 forward more, close the gap but when you first  get in all th3 moving parts ain’t moving freely.

Glad I greened!
By:
Fo'B
When: 05 Jun 21 11:06
Possible 6th day in the World Test Championship test, India v NZ. The way tms discussed it the other day, it's to make up time lost due to weather only.

Wicket when tms were talking about shipping weather :(
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 05 Jun 21 11:32
What is a "score along" as just mentioned on TMS.
By:
posy
When: 05 Jun 21 12:07
On the premise England get 200 and NZ then hit 160/180 by close of play that could leave England 340/360 behind with 3 sessions to bat out.I'm laying the draw at under 1.4.
By:
strontium
When: 05 Jun 21 12:14
Forecast showers after tea tomorrow.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 05 Jun 21 14:32
Useless from Broad. He must de dropped or seeing he is a “ goat “ he must be “ rested “ fir the next Test.

Really selfish and cowardly from Broad with Burns on 91
By:
Hamlin
When: 05 Jun 21 14:41
With a massive top order collapse Eng have still batted over 90 overs. New Zealand will need to bat into tomorrow to set a score. I just can't see a result from here. Will be interesting to see the intent of NZ. Do they smash to give themselves a chance or just play safe.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 05 Jun 21 14:48
Pitch is too slow to force a win imho
By:
SuckMyBallsHamlin
When: 05 Jun 21 17:44
Hamlin • June 5, 2021 3:41 PM BST
With a massive top order collapse Eng have still batted over 90 overs. New Zealand will need to bat into tomorrow to set a score. I just can't see a result from here. Will be interesting to see the intent of NZ. Do they smash to give themselves a chance or just play safe.
By:
Esox
When: 05 Jun 21 18:39
Laugh
By:
Hamlin
When: 05 Jun 21 18:54
Aww my fan club has arrived. Keep on crying.
By:
posy
When: 06 Jun 21 10:22
With such a fragile England batting line up you'd think NZ would want to try for a win rather than take a draw. If they can crack on and get a lead of 300 by lunch they'll have a chance however if they bat on after lunch then all chances gone.
By:
cricketnut2
When: 06 Jun 21 10:36
England's review in this innings have been woeful, as even if that had hit him in line the ball would have gone over, or at worse just flicked the bails off.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 06 Jun 21 10:46
The last one was diabolique
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 06 Jun 21 10:51
Just had another nibble on EnglandLaugh

Snowjoke!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 06 Jun 21 10:53
Pitch is too uneven to chase even 250 but there seem to be 88 odd overs to be bowled!

Some punters might wake up to that possibility. It is more than technically possible to win today
By:
detraveller
When: 06 Jun 21 11:37
I hope Kane lets his bowlers at 65 or so overs at English at least. Would be interesting
By:
detraveller
When: 06 Jun 21 11:40
just declare now Kane. Eng won't be chasing 3.5+ an over. Help me make some money.
By:
detraveller
When: 06 Jun 21 12:24
he declared!
Page 3 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo