Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 209 comments are related to the topic:
2nd june , 1st test match england v new zealand at lords

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 209
By:
rob999
When: 03 Jun 21 09:26
The timing of the release of the tweets is so odd. It suggests that someone has been sitting on them for a while and attempted to release them at the time for maximum damage to him.

But if that was the plan I think they've completely messed it up. If they had released them a few days earlier he surely wouldn't have been picked to avoid the controversy. As it is now that he is in the fold England are far more likely to rally round him using phrases like 'educating' etc.
By:
Fo'B
When: 03 Jun 21 09:45
Think the timing was less about causing maximum damage than making it the biggest story possible. 'England debutant a racist' is a bigger story than 'Ollie Robinson a racist'.
By:
feedthepony
When: 03 Jun 21 10:02
Agree - there is no danger the ECB didn't scrub his twitter years ago when he came onto the radar - someone held onto this
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 10:03
Brand new hard ball I think I would like to see Wood bowl rather than Broad even for three overs
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 10:19
Don't want to risk schadenfreude or anything but these two bowlers can look pretty ordinary on this sort of surface when the sun is shining. If they do not make inroads they may well toil today. This is where Archer can make things happen and Wood should be given a chance when the ball is hard. Facing a quick bowler on a pitch like this on the second day of a Test with a soft ball is a dream. Nicholls is a decent batsman and can despite yesterdays showing despatch the ball around the ground. I would not be surprised to see 450 or even 500 on the board if England cannot get into the batting soon.
By:
rob999
When: 03 Jun 21 10:20
This could be a long, hard day for the England quicks
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 10:27
I would no5 declare! Bat until tomorrow!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 10:28
Typical of our two Goats. Nothing happening let someone else toil!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 10:36
Ranjit Sinji!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 10:42
The two goats of English cricket last 40 minutes! Anderson 30 and Broad 40
By:
posy
When: 03 Jun 21 10:43
Having laid the draw at 3.45 don't know what to do other than wait. Even at this stage an England win seems highly unlikely ;NZ could bat all day and end up with around 500. Doubt the England batsmen have the mental ability to bat out a full day so assuming NZ are batting again on the morning of day 4 a victory for them appears the most likely scenario so am talking myself into backing them at Evens.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 10:54
Top edge. Please for Wood. He is like the donkey that gets the thrashed in the sun. One more wicket and I expect the goats will be back and no longer tired!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 10:55
Believe it or not Engerland are still in the game!
By:
sageform
When: 03 Jun 21 11:32
Don't you just love this game! An hour of boring run scoring from NZ and then 3 wickets in not very long. It could be under 350 after all.
By:
sageform
When: 03 Jun 21 11:39
Will they get to 325?
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 12:00
I am on run lines Sage so at the moment NOLaugh!

I like the look of the big lump so think we shall be ok. You know Southee will smash a couple of sixes and we will all be home!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 12:48
Over 319.5 in! tfft!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 13:00
Laugh

Well done the goat. May have saved me some money!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 13:09
over 331.5
By:
Guernsey Sunbed
When: 03 Jun 21 13:09
Hi all,

Great response from England today.

I'm still of the opinion that NZ are too short at 2.34.

Am I alone in thinking that?  lol

Chance of rain tomorrow interesting to see if we lose any time.

All 3 results are very much in play.

GLA
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 13:14
Yeah all three results possible and because of that I am staying out of it for the moment. NZ do have runs on the board but the pitch should be good today and tomorrow.

Buzzers!

Not sure how England will bat. Am attracted to buy them but they are serial 30-3 40-4 fodder and yet Crawley might make a double. I do think thought the pitch has some uneven bounce and may not be as easy to score on as England like and when that happens they tend to get out because they are not great at Test Match batting at times. Certainly their attitude stinks.
By:
Guernsey Sunbed
When: 03 Jun 21 13:15
Jimmy doing the business.

I must admit I would love to see Conway carry his bat.

A terrific effort on debut
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 13:19
Get in over 340.5!

and after that shot from Wagner I am not betting on the result. there may be some swing today. Watch Southee and The Big man after tea!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 13:20
What a surprise Broad and Anderson back!

Broady stops Robinson getting a 5 for. Justice League!
By:
Guernsey Sunbed
When: 03 Jun 21 13:22
WD

I very much agree with your assessment of the England batting but i just feel that with the amount of county cricket we have had so far this season
that none of our batsmen will be under prepared and i fully expect a "different" performance on this occasion.

I could easily be wrong but I live in hope !!
By:
Guernsey Sunbed
When: 03 Jun 21 13:26
Wagner showing how good this pitch is for batting.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 13:26
Over 352.5!

The pitch looks easy paced and easy to bat on. May not be too easy to score runs quickly and that is England's problem. They do not seem to have an idea of what test Match encompasses at times. Look how patient Nicholls was yesterday. He plays a loose shot today. One loose shot. A little unlucky as the top edge could have gone anywhere but it goes to hand and NZ now are 9 down!

England do not have batting discipline. The this is how I play mentality is toxic imho!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 13:27
You need steel cajones to bet on this!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 13:28
Devil's number!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 13:37
Wow last bet over 368.5

That was very lucky!
By:
sageform
When: 03 Jun 21 13:39
200 not out Conway. Incredible.
By:
brentford
When: 03 Jun 21 14:29
incredible how often Root has to come in to try and  put out a fire these days....
By:
detraveller
When: 03 Jun 21 14:53
Layed NZ at 1.96.
By:
Guernsey Sunbed
When: 03 Jun 21 16:27
DT

That's a good lay at 1.96 IMO

GLA
By:
detraveller
When: 03 Jun 21 17:35
Had another lay at 1.7 but the wicket didn't fall. Will have to do with the 1.96 lay.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 18:11
20-2 did not become 30-3 Engerland on a roll!

Managed to get my NZ lay in at 1.91. Will probably green out as I am not sure which way this is going but the pitch generally looks benign when the ball is soft. Uneven bounce will come into play but is more dangerous against attacking batting. Bat smart and this could equally be a draw.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 18:16
Sibley has to go I am afraid. None of the top 3 fill me with confidence but I think all have got the mental toughness to play at this level I just think they are going to have to sort out their technical deficiencies.

I like Crawley for Australia but would rather have Lawrence or Pope move to 3 when Big Ben is back. That means dropping one opener. Probably Sibley. I still want another look at Hameed. I would love to see him get a chance in the next match. Burns showed a lot of character today but there is a nagging feeling about him. None of the top 3 seem reliable. That has to change.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Jun 21 18:17
Bracey will need to be one helluva batsman to play Test cricket. His glovework was not up to the mark.
By:
barstool
When: 03 Jun 21 18:58
Sibley is a bit too one dimensional for modern tests, Crawley a better option, but he will have to learn not to go fishing so early. Root looks well set for another big one, so a draw would be my bet from here. No financial interest at all though.
By:
Guernsey Sunbed
When: 03 Jun 21 20:51
WD
I find it hard to disagree with your assessment of the England top 3

I would like to see Hameed get a decent run but i think  Sibley needs to go. Crawley doesn't fill me confidence either but i think he could yet come good.

As for the match itself. I've still got my Lay of NZ and i'm happy with that as things stand.

Rain about tomorrow so we may lose some overs although we will probably lose some anyway with the slow over rates from these two sides. Already 12 overs lost.
Given the current positions i think the current odds with the draw as favourite at 2.34 is probably marginally about right

GLA
Page 2 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com