Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
29 May 21 06:07
| Topic/replies: 17,175 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
approx , evens eng, 9/4 nz and the draw 9/2, really have no idea on this one ,( probably back the draw and hopefully lay back around the 3/1)

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 209
By:
Esox
When: 02 Jun 21 08:13
Two hours before the match starts and no posts.
Things have really gone downhill since Grant was banned.
By:
Aptdemon
When: 02 Jun 21 09:21
Can't wait for this one, hopeful it's very competitive.
By:
Esox
When: 02 Jun 21 09:35
New Zealand win the toss and bat first.
By:
cricketnut2
When: 02 Jun 21 09:52
Here's what should happen in this game. New Zealand are batting first so will need to get around the 500 mark. England then bat and get 400, now if the New Zealanders got an even bigger lead then England could well lose this test, however the surface at Lords over the past few years has been a batsmans paradise for 3 and a half days and then the ball starts to turn slowly on the 4th afternoon and evening and then turns alot on the final day. If England bowl superbly and get New Zealand out for under 400 they will have a chance in this game, lets see how it all pans out.
By:
Aptdemon
When: 02 Jun 21 10:00

Jun 2, 2021 -- 4:52AM, cricketnut2 wrote:

Here's what should happen in this game. New Zealand are batting first so will need to get around the 500 mark. England then bat and get 400, now if the New Zealanders got an even bigger lead then England could well lose this test, however the surface at Lords over the past few years has been a batsmans paradise for 3 and a half days and then the ball starts to turn slowly on the 4th afternoon and evening and then turns alot on the final day. If England bowl superbly and get New Zealand out for under 400 they will have a chance in this game, lets see how it all pans out.

300 has been breached in 3 of last 19 test innings at Lord's...Wink

By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Jun 21 10:10
The actual runs scored first innings is desperately on the low side. my view on this surface though is that once the live grass has died off it might be quite the delight to bat on. I would like to see what the faster bowlers can do but powder puff when the ball is not moving is every batsman's wet dream.

It does get humid on days like these particularly at the end of the day so any run line bet is quite the uncalculated gamble.

I am pretty sure 300 is well breached though
By:
Aptdemon
When: 02 Jun 21 10:29
Hard to disagree after opening half hour
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Jun 21 10:35
The strike rates of Broad and Anderson are not great on flat decks although tbf Jimmy has improved a lot in recent years and comes back at the end of the day with an old ball and Broad is at least pitching it up in his dotage.
By:
sageform
When: 02 Jun 21 11:38
I can't see any value in the first innings runs market. Under 375 would be tempting but not at 2.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Jun 21 11:47
Tru dat but if NZ survive until lunch batting will be easier afterwards. The run lay then will start to become attractive approaching tea or just after but Lords can produce great batting pitches. Recent history is no guarantee of anything
By:
Hamlin
When: 02 Jun 21 12:13

Jun 2, 2021 -- 3:13AM, Esox wrote:

Two hours before the match starts and no posts.Things have really gone downhill since Grant was banned.

Maybe try contributing yourself instead of just whining.

By:
Esox
When: 02 Jun 21 12:18
People like you Hamlin thats what puts people off posting.

OK I have backed England and expect them to win.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Jun 21 12:31
Not sure about your bet Esox but it is still early. I would not like to be on the team batting second.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Jun 21 12:44
Huaoge wicket for you Esox and I had him for a hundred todayCry
By:
Esox
When: 02 Jun 21 13:02
Can see Broad getting a wicket soon.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Jun 21 13:04
Yep not just incoming but possibly a flood if they lose one!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Jun 21 13:05
NZ must bat time here and put some mileage on the England bowlers. These two bowling very well.
By:
Aptdemon
When: 02 Jun 21 13:12
Mini-Betfair dropouts are making me jittery
By:
Esox
When: 02 Jun 21 13:44
Starting to look good for England.
By:
Hamlin
When: 02 Jun 21 13:46

Jun 2, 2021 -- 7:18AM, Esox wrote:

People like you Hamlin thats what puts people off posting.OK I have backed England and expect them to win.

What? Crazy Didn't realise I had so much influence over people. "Cry I'm not posting, Hamlin might see it"

By:
Esox
When: 02 Jun 21 13:50
Laugh
By:
Aptdemon
When: 02 Jun 21 15:16
Start of Jimmy's first after tea: Eng 3.15 Draw 3.25

End of Jimmy's first after tea: Eng 4.2 Draw 2.84
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Jun 21 16:09
Yah!

Anderson and Broad were looking dangerous after the fall of Williamson I have to say. Now Engerland are looking like a bunch of similar trundlers. Looking very ragged ashley. I mentioned the strike rate of our " two goats " earlier. People get confused with greatest ever and longest ever imho. Jimmy is up there with the best we have ever had but also could be very ordinary at times. Broad has had some great spells but is not one of my England all time greats, in fact nowhere near.
By:
Guernsey Sunbed
When: 02 Jun 21 16:11
Hi all,

NZ going along nicely after winning the toss however i believe that the current NZ price of 2.14 is on the short side especially with the new ball due in 12 overs time.

This is a good batting pitch and England have a line up which is more than capable of matching anything NZ score.

A very interesting first day.
GLA
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Jun 21 16:17
don't disagree too much especially right now as Anderson has the ball in hand. if there is any swing out there he da man and if it does swing could still skittle NZ today but if there isn't, he doesn't and they aren't then Engerland are in a whole heep of do dah as the pitch is very easy to bat on. NZ could ground and pound England tomorrow. The pitch I feel might not turn into a bunsen but will show signs of wear days three and four.
By:
Esox
When: 02 Jun 21 16:22
Certainly not looking good for my England bet.
Will hold on though and hope for a change of fortune.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Jun 21 16:27
four and five I mean.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Jun 21 16:29
You might have to double down and lay NZ. New ball will probably arrive in the morning when the bowlers are fresher. I think people will be laying NZ now with a view to wickets tomorrow.
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 02 Jun 21 16:39
Holland defend 195 v Ireland without bowling them outCrazy

Timm van der Gugten too good!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Jun 21 16:46
I also like the way they are milking Root for 3 runs an over and not hitting him out of the attack. Very sensible on day 1 of a Test Match. Plenty of clubbers down the order to expose England lack of balance.
By:
Guernsey Sunbed
When: 02 Jun 21 16:47
If there is anything at all in this wicket then Jimmy and co will make the most of it when the new ball arrives. If there isn't anything there i don't really see England being in too much trouble when they themselves bat.

NZ currently at 2.16 and in my view still too short.

GLA
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Jun 21 16:56
I am not so sure about England's batting! I would not be surprised to see 30-3 as is the customLaugh!
By:
Guernsey Sunbed
When: 02 Jun 21 17:22
Keep the faith. jimmy bowling well but without much luck. NZ having the better of the day but not by that much IMO.

we shall see what tomorrow brings but overall i'm happy enough with my LAY of NZ

GLA
By:
cricketnut2
When: 02 Jun 21 17:41

Jun 2, 2021 -- 4:52AM, cricketnut2 wrote:

Well the day went somewhere near as I predicted, England bowled pretty well and got just 3 wickets. New Zealand batted well and it was their day. A big score is on their agenda.

By:
cricketnut2
When: 02 Jun 21 18:34

Jun 2, 2021 -- 11:46AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

I also like the way they are milking Root for 3 runs an over and not hitting him out of the attack. Very sensible on day 1 of a Test Match. Plenty of clubbers down the order to expose England lack of balance.

They should have hit him out of the attack, then the main quick bowlers, would have had to waste more energy bowling on a flat surface.

By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Jun 21 18:48
Plenty of time for that I think. Secure the position first, inflict the pain second.
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 02 Jun 21 19:05
Ollie Robinson exposed as a racist during his debutCrazy

Some of his tweets:

twitter.com/dafrankland/status/1400136689096572934/photo/1

England began the day by sharing a 'moment of unity' with New Zealand, the home players wearing T-shirts designed to show a collective stance against discrimination of all kindsCryCrywac
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Jun 21 19:22
Just seem like the tweets of an 18yo twaite. He plays cricket with people from all backgrounds. I think they might have something to say if he was a racist. Moving on.....
By:
feedthepony
When: 03 Jun 21 08:41

Jun 2, 2021 -- 2:22PM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

Just seem like the tweets of an 18yo twaite. He plays cricket with people from all backgrounds. I think they might have something to say if he was a racist. Moving on.....

It's pathetic isn't it - who's the same person at 27 that they were at 18??

Show's the state of our society that this is even news worthy.

Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com