Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
29 May 21 06:07
| Topic/replies: 17,071 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
approx , evens eng, 9/4 nz and the draw 9/2, really have no idea on this one ,( probably back the draw and hopefully lay back around the 3/1)
Pause Switch to Standard View 2nd june , 1st test match england v...
Show More
Report Esox June 5, 2021 7:39 PM BST
Laugh
Report Hamlin June 5, 2021 7:54 PM BST
Aww my fan club has arrived. Keep on crying.
Report posy June 6, 2021 11:22 AM BST
With such a fragile England batting line up you'd think NZ would want to try for a win rather than take a draw. If they can crack on and get a lead of 300 by lunch they'll have a chance however if they bat on after lunch then all chances gone.
Report cricketnut2 June 6, 2021 11:36 AM BST
England's review in this innings have been woeful, as even if that had hit him in line the ball would have gone over, or at worse just flicked the bails off.
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 11:46 AM BST
The last one was diabolique
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 11:51 AM BST
Just had another nibble on EnglandLaugh

Snowjoke!
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 11:53 AM BST
Pitch is too uneven to chase even 250 but there seem to be 88 odd overs to be bowled!

Some punters might wake up to that possibility. It is more than technically possible to win today
Report detraveller June 6, 2021 12:37 PM BST
I hope Kane lets his bowlers at 65 or so overs at English at least. Would be interesting
Report detraveller June 6, 2021 12:40 PM BST
just declare now Kane. Eng won't be chasing 3.5+ an over. Help me make some money.
Report detraveller June 6, 2021 1:24 PM BST
he declared!
Report DirkDiggler June 6, 2021 1:25 PM BST
Wow they set the game up.
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 1:27 PM BST
whaw
Report Hamlin June 6, 2021 1:28 PM BST
How much rain is in the air?
Report rob999 June 6, 2021 1:31 PM BST
Struggling to remember such a cheeky declaration since dear old Hansie's generosity...
Report rob999 June 6, 2021 1:35 PM BST
Assuming a 13.29 start time, an estimate of 13.5 overs per hour, a twenty minute tea break and nor rain I make 75 overs meaning a 19.25 finish time.
Report ayt June 6, 2021 1:39 PM BST
Laying newzealand,wrong prices,england should be 7x
Report detraveller June 6, 2021 1:41 PM BST

Jun 6, 2021 -- 7:31AM, rob999 wrote:

Struggling to remember such a cheeky declaration since dear old Hansie's generosity...

pretty standard declaration this leaving Eng 4 an over to chase.

Report rob999 June 6, 2021 1:44 PM BST
You've rather manufacturer the maths to prove your point there detraveller.

It was 3.64 an over. I think most were expecting them to bat on and leave England 4 an over as you suggest. The market certainly was.
Report brentford June 6, 2021 1:46 PM BST
can't really agree with that De...especially as it's under 300..
70+ overs @ 3.6 req rather than 4 is not an insignificant diff as well
Report brentford June 6, 2021 1:47 PM BST
massive credit to Williamson and nz for taking the best chance of victory option anyway
Report detraveller June 6, 2021 1:49 PM BST
My thinking is that we are never going to get the 75 or so overs in. 69 overs is would give you 4 an over RR, and I don't even think they're going to get those in(Hence me saying over 4 an over RR). Plenty of room for Kane to play with to stop Eng from getting to the target. It seems a pretty safe declaration to me.
Report detraveller June 6, 2021 1:50 PM BST
my math's fine but my english seems to be betraying me today.
Report detraveller June 6, 2021 1:51 PM BST
ive laid the the draw by the way
Report rob999 June 6, 2021 1:52 PM BST
Now you are in danger of bringing logic into things...

If we want to get logical and look at the shotmakers in England's top six he could have safely declared leaving England 2.5 an over.
Report SontaranStratagem June 6, 2021 1:53 PM BST
No way we chase down 270 in 70 overs so its a draw

NZ only team that can win from here
Report detraveller June 6, 2021 1:57 PM BST
Not disagreeing with any of you. I just laid out my thinking. I layed the draw thinking NZ must be close to declaration and got a nice return backing my thinking with my money. The 4 an over remark was a generalization because I estimated them not getting their overs in.
Report detraveller June 6, 2021 2:10 PM BST
Kane, give me some wickets will you
Report detraveller June 6, 2021 2:11 PM BST
3 quick ones to start with
Report SontaranStratagem June 6, 2021 2:28 PM BST
Might as well call it lads

Onto the next test

NZ are much improved these days no push overs
Report sageform June 6, 2021 2:47 PM BST
No fast scorers in the team sadly. Johnny Bairstow at 3 might have made it interesting.
Report posy June 6, 2021 3:09 PM BST
If England don't go for this it'll be a national disgrace.
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 3:17 PM BST
These guys should be looking to push 3 singles an over it really is not that difficult. What is difficult is to chase runs against uneven bounce. It shows imho they are not yet fully Test openers although  I admire the grit and determination of both of them. Not helped by Pope and Lawrence yesterday tbh. Singles put s pressure on the bowlers. They hate leaking runs. Glad he is out. Crawley will hit out of get out.
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 3:20 PM BST
They will make safe game safe, go for it, lose wickets because the pitch is slow and uneven then give us a nervous finish
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 3:37 PM BST
pathetic effort, considering the dec
Report DirkDiggler June 6, 2021 3:50 PM BST
Absolutely pathetic effort before tea. Never even tried, not even to push singles about which they could have done easily - hope they lose.
Report posy June 6, 2021 3:50 PM BST
Quite agree elisjohn ;a bunch of overpaid cowards. Better to go for it and lose than shut up shop.
Report cricketnut2 June 6, 2021 3:51 PM BST
That was an awful shot, no foot movement, doesn't need to play at it and trying hit on the up, when England are trying not to lose the game.
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 3:51 PM BST
Dreadful ****. Plenty of opportunities to hit the ball before that god awful ****. At least Root will tick the score over
Report DirkDiggler June 6, 2021 3:54 PM BST
Imagine paying to watch this ****?

Laugh
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 3:56 PM BST
suppose to go with missus this afternoon, and when i learnt of the suprising dec, i told her if she minded going alone, , " the test match going to be exciting ",  Cry, and worse i had £ 50 on eng prior to dec at 28, and could have layed back at 12
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 4:00 PM BST
Pathetic from England. Look they didn’t really have much of a chance but 90 off 32 overs at tea would have set things up nicely.

Wastrels
Report Hayden June 6, 2021 4:22 PM BST
Some people still wondering why test cricket is dead , this format of the sport is a total embarrassment.

You get a crowd in & they treat the day as batting practice.
Report cricketnut2 June 6, 2021 4:30 PM BST
The problem is England have got very little reliable batting in this Test, England would have tried to chase this down, if Butler and Stokes were in the side, but there again New Zealand wouldn't have made the declaration at that point, if they were.
Report DirkDiggler June 6, 2021 4:41 PM BST
Completely agree Hayden.

The whole thing is the product of lazy complacency, no urgency in anything, over going missing all over the place, ambling about, constant interruptions, constant excuses why play can't start on time, how they handled the rain affected tests last summer was a complete joke.

It comes across as a sport where the object of the game is to play as little as possible.

It's going the same way as Horse Racing and Golf, an anachronism.
Report DirkDiggler June 6, 2021 4:43 PM BST
The problem is England have got very little reliable batting in this Test, England would have tried to chase this down, if Butler and Stokes were in the side, but there again New Zealand wouldn't have made the declaration at that point, if they were.

That's no excuse for not even trying to push singles.
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 5:29 PM BST
what an advert for the sport, utter diabolical
Report the.mad.dog.man June 6, 2021 5:31 PM BST
3 feathers for englands cricket team
Report SontaranStratagem June 6, 2021 5:32 PM BST
Its one extreme to the other with us, we either play rash shots and get out cheaply or we do this when needing 273, not even trying
Report posy June 6, 2021 5:33 PM BST
Don't know abut 3 feathers but the team should be presented with a white feather.
Report posy June 6, 2021 5:35 PM BST
In fact Root should be sacked as captain for displaying extreme cowardice.
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 5:35 PM BST
imagine the media  if england had made a sporting dec like this and another country would have done this, ive heard noone on tms having a dig here about root etc
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 5:38 PM BST
**** sake its not even to late now, 23 overs and 150 odd reqd batsmen in and 8 wkts left, theyd be odds on in 20/20
Report SontaranStratagem June 6, 2021 5:43 PM BST
You'd be backing them to chase that easily in 20/20
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 5:48 PM BST
god the football team even worse than these in the 1st halfLaugh
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 5:50 PM BST
tms blaming the weather on the draw Laugh
Report brentford June 6, 2021 5:51 PM BST
tms have been pretty critical to be fair EJ...you must have missed the parts where they were and caught the rustic brown paint chat...
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 5:54 PM BST
Sibley has to go

He hardly hits the ball 8nto the offside. He cannot rotate the strike. I would give Hameed a chance seeing he has some form with Notts. The best way to play a fast bowler is from the non strikers end. Sibley is not helping Burns. He gets his 50 here and the selectors no doub5 will keep him in the side. Crawley needs to go too, shame but he needs to get some r7ns.
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 5:57 PM BST
What a low

Runs into his CaptainLaugh
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 5:57 PM BST
Plum
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 5:58 PM BST
brentford, , must have, Wink watching the football
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 5:59 PM BST
Fuming!

Sibley should have been on strike. That’s what I’m talkin ‘bout!
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 6:01 PM BST
wonder what geoffreys input would be with this approachGrin
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 6:03 PM BST
46 runs in 32 overs this afternoon at one pointCry
Report brentford June 6, 2021 6:04 PM BST
Laugh EJ   purring at the lack of intent
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 6:06 PM BST
Wink.

if root and management havent confidence in this team , then why  the hell are they selected to play  in international cricket  then
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 6:07 PM BST
haha, theyre mentioning my point now
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 6:08 PM BST
50 more runs from England and the chase would be on.

One edged four through the slips, one straight drive and everything else leg side. Top teams have his number
Report brentford June 6, 2021 6:09 PM BST
yeah it's all been a bit odd,

not suggesting for a moment they should have gone at it from ball one but was ultra negative and even 2.5 an over would have kept them in the hunt for a late dart such was the aggressive nature of the dec
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 6:11 PM BST
Now they are thinking of dropping Robinson instead of Broad to bring in a spinner
Report brentford June 6, 2021 6:12 PM BST
no doubt come the ashes we'll be batting out a day 5 draw possibility chasing something ridiculous and be shot a ball
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 6:13 PM BST
Tbf it was a really sporting declaration. It gave England a real chance.
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 6:13 PM BST
what robinson tweeted, ( seriously was it as bad as everyone making out)?

fsake im always called a sheep shaggerLaugh
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 6:13 PM BST
They will not set I dis such a generous target!
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 6:14 PM BST
India
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 6:15 PM BST
Not really Elis

Just the things a stupid 18yo might say but perhaps should put to print if you want a career. Nothing hateful at all.
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 6:39 PM BST
why are they still playing ?
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 6:41 PM BST
100 in 10 overs , this would be 5/2  to get it in a 20/20
Report posy June 6, 2021 6:48 PM BST
Unbelievable ;I hope the press really lay into them.The match was there for the taking and if they failed they'd have gone down fighting.
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 6:55 PM BST
They could have blocked it up if they lost wickets. You could see Crawley playing under orders. He had several opportunities to crunch wide filth before it got the better of him and he threw himself at the wrong ball. Sibley cannot hit the ball into the offside, cannot hit singles and was playin* fi4 his place. He needs to be dropped as unfortunately does Crawley. Openers like ours do not put their throats on opposition attacks and make it any easier for those coming in.

The top 3 needs a shuffle and the Captain owes us an explantation why his openers did not score anywhere near 3 an over.
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 7:01 PM BST
roots ambition for the new season re tms

" to win all 7 tests "LaughLaughLaugh
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 7:03 PM BST
after the tests we had in the winter, bangles v windies  etc, this has been a disgrace
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 7:04 PM BST
Laugh

Great preparation fir The Ashes
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 7:05 PM BST
nz might as well have batted all day for batting practice , then theyd be slaughtered
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 7:05 PM BST
the post match interview should be enlightening
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 7:07 PM BST
that was not a hard nosed professional performance in my book
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 7:09 PM BST
I do not rate Root as a Captain either
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 7:09 PM BST
forget about robinson dropped, root should be, bringing the sport into disrupute, people in the ground for entertainment after 2 years near in isolation, they might as well stayed at home ,
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 7:11 PM BST
**** off root
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 7:14 PM BST
not to worry, root says " were a difficult team to break down "
Report elisjohn June 6, 2021 7:16 PM BST
olly not acceptable, " didnt sir geoff  say years ago, that he wasnt going to be interviewed by a woman about cricket  ",LaughLaughLaugh
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 8:17 PM BST
The opening combination of Dominic Sibley and Rory Burns is both ungainly and unconvincing. Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood should rejoice if both names appear in the top slots on the team sheet at the Gabba. Given the skill of Australia's pace trio, poor starts could be a death sentence for England.

Root's captaincy often lacks imagination and reason. His tendency to have long discussions with senior players is reminiscent of Alastair Cook at his worst. There's a difference between a captain who consults and one who is uncertain; dithering is a bad look for a captain. There are times in Australia when a captain has to be imaginative in order to force the issue and this is not one of Root's strengths.
England definitely have the pace options to repeat the successes of 1932-33, 1954-55 and 1970-71. However, they won't win if the fast bowlers aren't complemented by strong leadership and sufficient runs.

Not just me, no less than Ian Chapelli
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 8:19 PM BST
Archer, Wood, Stone, Stokes and Co make for a formidable line-up, but Joe Root doesn't quite have the leadership skills to match

In Jofra Archer, Mark Wood and Ollie Stone, England possess a strong pace trio if they are fit. Jimmy Anderson will be invaluable in the day-night Test and will provide testing spells on other occasions. Stuart Broad is insurance in case of injury or fatigue. Add the dual skills of allrounder Ben Stokes and it means England have selection flexibility. They will carry a large squad to cope with bubble requirements, so other pace options will be available. India's last tour of Australia showed the immense value of having ample and capable back-up pace bowling.
England possess a potential series-winning group of fast bowlers. It is the top-order batting and Joe Root's captaincy that should be cause for concern.

Ian Chappell is bang on imho!
Report sageform June 7, 2021 4:29 PM BST
If Robinson is permanently suspended from the team then Jimmy A. will have to carry on until he is 40!
Report Whisperingdeath June 7, 2021 4:35 PM BST
Laugh

He is still England's best bowler!
Report sageform June 7, 2021 6:26 PM BST
But if we carry on like this, Jimmy will be the only eligible bowler when he is 70.
Report Whisperingdeath June 8, 2021 3:46 PM BST
Maybe we can turn him into a spinner. I was stumped down the legside once by a 55 year old wicket keeper off a 79 year old sla!

First bowled when he approached the wicket I felt the doddery old fool was going to have a heart attack. He lobbed it down the leg side. I had eyed up an apple orchard full of sheep and just as I was deciding which tree over mid wicket to hit him into I had this thought that it was rude an un-Corinthian to hit an old fella for six first ball so I went forward to prod it down. I didn't quite reach the pitch and it went  by my pad.

No big deal but then I heard the bails being whipped off. I had lifted my right toe for a fraction of a nano second as I was unbalanced and the 55 yo guy behind the stumps had smartly removed the bails. NO NO NO!

I could hardly believe it as I had my maiden hundred pre-planned. As I made the walk of shame my team mates were laughing till their sides split. The number 4 batsman laughed all the way to the wicket got out the same way and laughed all the way back!

The keeper was ex Kent seconds and this was their modum!  Truly took my pants down!
Report sageform June 10, 2021 2:05 PM BST
Are they still around? England need them.
Report Whisperingdeath June 10, 2021 3:18 PM BST
Pretty much doubt it. It happened around 1982!
Report posy June 10, 2021 4:26 PM BST
Expect that's the end of Bracey's test career.
Report sageform June 11, 2021 11:36 AM BST
He still has the second innings-unless NZ follow on which seems rather unlikely.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com